DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4115 8 years ago

It seems like the display on the playfield could play off the art work. Like maybe replace the planet with a helmet and have the visor reflection present scenes of whatever mode you are in:

helmet_(resized).PNGhelmet_(resized).PNG

1 year later
#11800 7 years ago

Man, that is a lot of overhead and will require skilled employees to run that stuff. I just hope they have a savvy accounting and financial management team.

5 months later
#16512 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You don't have to be groundbreaking to be successful. Exhibit A. Dutch Pinball. Exhibit B. Zidware. Groundbreaking, and out of business. Its called ramping up.

You might want to do a little fact checking before posting.

#16528 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is DP making games, Cause we know zidware isn't. Which fact is wrong

This weeks update from DP:
This week we received most parts and we will send them to the factory soon. When they arrive, all parts have to be organized and prepared for assembly. We hope that the first ‘new’ Engineering sample will be ready in October. After that we can start up the regular production. We are still on track to deliver the first batch of ‘new’ TBL in December 2017!

We will keep you posted!

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,

Barry & Jaap

#16531 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cool, I definitely hope it works out for DP and the buyers. Not like They have mislead people before though.

No worries. Pinball is hard!

7 months later
#21480 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Regarding the future, will Pinball Brothers Ltd manufacture Alien? To do so would (I hope) obligate them to 'make people whole' who pre-ordered, but if there is genuinely no money left, how could they afford to? I don't think the community would tolerate them NOT doing so before making and selling more Aliens. Together with likely loss of the Alien licence, my speculation is that the Alien pin is dead now. There is also the likely issue of lawsuits against them, and the legality of asset transfer between the companies. TBH I think this kills the new company too, whether they accept that yet or not. The UK is still part of the EU when this happened, so leaving the UK won't 'save' them from legal action.
The easiest way for pre-order folks to sue would be online using the UK small claims court. It costs a few hundred pounds (depending how much you are claiming), which you can add to your claim plus interest. This would be the easiest and quickest way to ruffle some feathers and get some action. I'm not suggesting to do this, just laying the information out there Threatening companies with said legal action is also a good way to get a response.
https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money
If they ditch Alien and go ahead with a Queen pin (and possibly Playboy, but what a terrible theme post-Weinstein, not to mention in the 21st century), would the community tolerate that (i.e. buy from them)? More possible IMO, but again, if they don't compensate Alien pre-order victims it seems unlikely. Also, as stated above they are unlikely to have got away scot-free from HP.
Just my 0.02c.
On a personal note, I lost money to Zidware and Skit-B, and am in on the legal action against both. Thank goodness I didn't order from HP! However, I really feel for you guys who ordered Alien, and wish you the very best of wishes, and also luck in getting some of your money back. As a community, I hope this is now the end of the pre-order model. I certainly would never pre-order EVER again (unless it's just a few hundred down).

Maybe anyone with a Alien number and has pre-paid should file a police report that you suspect that Pinball Brothers is trying to sell stolen goods. Any invoice that matches a machine's serial number would be proof that they are in possession of something you own.

#21494 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's not how this works... that's not how any of this works...

So what's the harm in having the cops check the inventory? Just like a car's vin # it should be clear who own the machine.

#21520 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because allocating a number for production has nothing to do with OWNERSHIP.... and units not considered shipped by the business would still be the property of the business. Just because you have a serial that was promised to you means absolutely nothing.

You probably are correct. I still wouldn't mind the police going through the inventory and filing a report.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Superchicken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.