pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sticky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2180 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If you already have Full Throttle, what is pricing like for an Alien "swap kit"?

Same question...

1 week later
#2198 8 years ago

Are there actually any concrete details on this thing? Heighway is the first pin manufacturer I'm thinking of buying NIB. I like that I can change games with their machine.

Full Throttle is cool but it just IMO is not exciting enough. I prefer my Getaway gameplay to it. Then again, I prefer my Getaway to everything.

I think there is a ton of potential here but to shell out the big bucks we need more details. Where are the vids? Where is the gameplay?

1 week later
#2275 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm eager to hear any news on the Alien pin. Looking back through this thread it has been 2 months since the last Alien "update" which was the revised layout and shot map cad drawing. Fingers crossed we might get any recent questions answered or something to keep our Alien pin interests fresh. Obviously Andrew is very busy with showing FT now, but communication has always been one of his strengths.

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for some kind of details on the machine but it's basically just a 46 page OT chat thread at this point.

1 month later
#2766 8 years ago

Guys ordering before even seeing the gameplay in action?

1 week later
#2854 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does anyone have a link detailing the size dimensions of the Heighway pinball machine? I am trying to ensure I can fit it into the room
Jim

I'd like to know this as well. Just so I can start picking out a space for one should I buy it.

These should be more compact length wise I would think due to not having the traditional backglass/box setup.

#2917 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Literally could not care less about the LE artwork. I'm interested in the FATBOY LCD, which pretty much negates any distinguishing visible artwork between the models. I'll add the cool LE playfield features to the standard.

Same.

All this talk about the artwork, meh. I want to see a video of the gameplay!

1 month later
#4013 8 years ago

I'm not wowed by the playfield art or anything. Kind of bland IMO but I'm not an artist and I don't really care that much.

I care more about the gameplay.

So now how long until a gameplay video...

4 months later
#6472 7 years ago

Still no gameplay videos? How far away are we from actually seeing this thing in action?

1 month later
#6742 7 years ago

I can't believe so many people are pre-ordering without seeing the gameplay video.

#6744 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

New interview highlights with Andrew Heighway from Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown right here!
» YouTube video

What I liked that I learned is that they have another three games on the way and one already has the rules done. Awesome.

That game swapping feature is really going to be put to use!

1 week later
#6852 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Obviously old news, but I hadn't seen this video before with the optic lighting for FT. Very well incorporated. Can't wait to see how this looks on the Aliens LE......
» YouTube video

Highly impressed with this lighting. Makes me want to skip over the Alien hype and just pick up a Full Throttle.

Still waiting to see that mystery video...

#6866 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Agreed, great view of the games. This vid has a great view of GB.
» YouTube video

What type of camera setup is this?

#6879 7 years ago

This is what the playfield art should have looked like.

#6885 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Says the person with no knowledge of the goals, vision, process, or intimate understanding of the constraints and tradeoffs involved with this project.
Your comment exemplifies why nothing should be shown out of context before the game is complete.

I didn't realize my opinion on art required design team approval.

Your comment exemplifies that you are too sensitive and maybe need to find a new hobby as this one might give you a heart attack.

I don't think the playfield art is all that good and I'm not the only one. I like what I see in what I quoted.

Oh no! Someone likes some other art better! It's not just everyone holding hands and singing Kumbaya until their Alien arrives!

#6886 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure if you are joking, but some people don't get that a playfield has to be designed with purpose, different sections to complement the various aspects of gameplay, which becomes a whole greater than the sum of it's parts. It's not meant to be a piece of art you can hang up, otherwise half of Ripley's face would be covered up with a ramp, there would be a VUK coming out of the alien's nose, and it would just look amateur.

I'm pretty sure it would have to be edited for this purpose or the game built around it but i've seen people hang up and display playfield art so maybe it's not too far fetched?

The way the actual alien looks there though is aggressive and in your face. Kind of like how the actual Aliens were in the movie?

#6895 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

pot kettle black

Says the person with no knowledge of the tone, vision, process, or intimate understanding of the constraints and tradeoffs involved with this post.

2 weeks later
#7054 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

In the official Alien Pinball thread, I would think Andrew was offering to answer questions about game development/production, not about his company's financial status. I don't believe Andrew would answer such a delicate question in a public internet forum. No sane business person would do a thing like that.
Are you already in and have made a deposit for the game?
Just ask for a refund if you're worried.

Considering how much these machines cost and that there have been several fiascos with people losing money to various pinball companies it is perfectly valid to ask questions about the business. If these questions linger it simply erodes consumer confidence.

The questions were answered. No big deal. Some people may not have the courage to raise them.

#7057 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

On a public forum, as opposed to verifying/ pursuing in legitimate fashion ? No.....f&@k no...just stupid. My last post regarding this topic in an otherwise amazing, generally calm thread.
There is excitement around the corner!!!

How else would you do it in a fashion that would alleviate concerns for a multitude of people? By going to his house and then skywriting the answers?

1 week later
#7238 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hory shet! Show us some gameplay already!!

Amen.

2 weeks later
#7495 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I know these prices aren't firm yet, but if the new standard has become roughly $8.6K for an LCD Stern Premium, and Heighway is charging roughly $6.3K for their standard model, then there's a HUGE gap in the market that Stern has left for Heighway to fill.
I think once these pins are revealed at Expo, it will be clear to see that a Heighway Standard packs more features than a Stern Premium, and runs roughly $1.5-2K less. If the features & gameplay of Alien meet expectations (looking likely), and if production schedules & build quality meets consumer demand..... then Heighway is well positioned to fill this new market gap & sell a lot of machines.
Competition is a great thing At least that's how I see it.
Looking forward to making that first payment when production begins!

I agree strongly with this.

What interests me about Heighway is the features and pricing. More machine for less money? Plus supporting someone other than Stern which is milking pinheads for all they're worth? Yeah, Heighway will get my business. If I ever see a gameplay vid...

#7554 7 years ago
Quoted from Metalzoic:

Well I canceled my LE and they refunded my deposit so there's one more available for you guys. Still looking forward to seeing the reveal though.

Care to share why?

#7597 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Make more unlicensed games...

This.

I'd never want to go through this licensing nightmare. Plus it lowers costs.

#7609 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Not necessarly. Licensing can provide a ton of assets and an existing story to tell.
When you make an original theme, you have to come up with the elements yourself, which takes time and money.

But you dictate what you do with those elements which saves time and money.

Waiting on FOX is fun though I'm sure.

1 week later
#7779 7 years ago

Finally some substance! It looks good.

Now to see the gameplay!

#7906 7 years ago

Maybe this was answered but what is the reason the ramps aren't clear like in Full Throttle? I feel the fiber optic lit ramps really give a futuristic vibe.

#8097 7 years ago

Two of these make more sense than one Dialed In! LE.

Congrats Heighway. You won EXPO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sticky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Sticky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.