pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14599 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I see how rumours can spiral out of control. I wasn't going to comment anymore until the announcement.
However, I will address this issue because it involves personal attacks on me and more importantly, upsets paying customers who need to understand the truth about a few things.
1. I, and everyone involved with the company, are acting in the best interests of all of our customers - to get everyone the games that they have ordered and/or paid for.
2. We will not be announcing any new games for the foreseeable future. Alien gets made now, and in the foreseeable future
3. I have driven a 12-year old Cayenne for 3 years now. It has a book value of £6,600 ($8k). It was leased. My previous car was a cat-C damaged ex-police Vauxhall Vectra.
4. I don't own a house. I rent a house in one of the poorest and most depressed areas of the UK. I also don't own an RV.
We wish to deal with all outstanding issues once the announcement has been made. This will include cancellation requests, although we hope that customers will still want this game following the announcement.

Andrew, there are those of us quiet ones out here that believe you when you tell us that you are doing the best you can for us. We appreciate you and the team and are very excited about the product. We are patient and will wait this out! Best of luck friend!

4 weeks later
#15390 6 years ago

I rec'd this unsolicited email from them today if it helps any...

Hi *****,
Your order is safe with us and we are aware of the details of your order. We are hard at work here to make sure we can get out as many machines to as many customers as quickly as possible. The progress of the production has been slowed by the difficulties that we have faced and the transition period that we have undergone in the change of ownership/management. We are on course now to really ramp up production so we can meet our stated goals of as many machines as we can as soon as we can. As we have more parts in we will be able to produce more machines at a faster rate.

We will be featuring more updates on the production as it progresses both in terms of text updates and other forms of media such as our YouTube channel. We have been sending out an update for the past few weeks via email, you should have received these updates as you are on the email list. If you have not received these updates please let me know and I will make sure you that you receive them in the future. They could be in your spam folder perhaps.

In regards to the updates please find the latest update text below. Thank you again for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon.

1 month later
#15747 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow...amazing!!!...LE #212 is mine, but I'm getting the large monitor on the backbox. Your translite will be going in a light box next to the machine....will hope to get your signature on it at some point!!! Great job, and super excited....

Ditto. Stoked. #125. Looks awesome!

4 weeks later
#16363 6 years ago

Thanks Mark, this helps Helps!

2 weeks later
#16731 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can anyone please provide word on what the resolution to the LE's not getting the fiber optic ramps is?

There is no resolution yet. Heighway has yet to announce what will be done. Various people have ideas of what should be done but Heighway has not finalized anything yet.

#16795 6 years ago

I gotta say, delt31, that it's nice to see your fresh enthusiasm on here. However, having read this thread for a year now (and only posting 3 times, including this) - prepare to have your expectations squashed... again. (I do so want to be wrong though)

#16932 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And valid points, for sure. There is no doubt in my mind that the reason they are cranking Standards is it's " new money", mostly, which they are counting on filling the bank a bit. A fair amount of us early adopters out there, with only $1500 deposit, and waiting for solid proof of build before sending our balance. It's gotta add up to reasonable funds, but probably can't match the " new HW" excitement for the Standard at a reasonable price.
As an early adopter, we can only hope they are right. It doesn't seem unreasonable to build several LE's with the mix, as everyone goes on and on how they are identical games, w cosmetic differences. Shouldn't be that difficult.
Let's hope they show up at expo with strong versions of both. I'm rethinking my attendance, as I question if this happens.
Refunds pretty much cleaned up. Now it's time for those who have funded the " new interest buyers" and stuck it out to start getting their machines, which we were promised YEARS ago. Just not right....

Mark, hang in there buddy. Your comments have been so positive for the past 8 months while I've been worried, etc. You and a couple others on here have kept me (and others) interested in the game - which I'm now positive will turn out in our favor. I can feel your frustration now and wanted to encourage you as you have done for me so many times. I believe your Christmas present will happen. Mine too!

2 weeks later
#17202 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

pirates swapped transponder codes...it's on it's way to Somalia.

Were those pirates from the Caribbean by any chance?

2 weeks later
#18212 6 years ago

Spoke with Morgan today. He reassured me on my LE purchase. It has been 13 months now. We did not discuss details as I did not want to nag him. But his reassurance that they are going as hard as they can to meet the many demands left me with a positive impression. It's interesting that this is how I always feel when I speak with them, including when talking with Andrew. I will continue to be patient even though I agree with many of the digruntled folks on here. Wouldn't it be great to have an LE by Christmas, but not holding my breath...

#18346 6 years ago

Does anyone know what the current price of SE and LE are at this time?

2 months later
#19585 6 years ago

Inconceivable!

#19591 6 years ago

Communication from Morgan this morning regarding my LE (ordered Oct 2016).

“Thank you for contacting us today and thank you for the support of our company. We are hard at work here at Heighway Pinball to get machines produced and into the hands of customers across the World as soon as possible. I do not have a specific update on your machine at the moment and can instead say that we are aiming to get machines produced and out asap.

I thank you from all of the team here at Heighway and we hope to be in contact again soon with more substantial information for you.”

3 months later
#21803 5 years ago

Does anyone know what happened at the insolvency meeting? Next steps for LE pre-order people?

I realize any $$ is unlikely and hope is last to die but will still try.

4 months later
#23225 5 years ago

Super stoked to enter the community with ya’ll. Look forward to contributing and talking with many of you. Cheers!

7FFD98D4-5061-45EF-823D-186ADB3F1FBC (resized).jpeg7FFD98D4-5061-45EF-823D-186ADB3F1FBC (resized).jpeg
#23235 5 years ago

Sorry for the long post.

This is the culmination of a 2 year saga with this game for me. The game has tons of meaning to me that goes beyond pinball and Aliens (including learning piano with my children, experiencing and learning about opera, studying Norse mythology and enjoying all thing JRR Tolkien – yes, this game ties into all those and more for me). So, I am finally have some satisfaction with regard to this crazy game. And I am not gloating – just sharing with you.

Here’s the story on acquisition:
EXPO 2016 when Alien debuted there. I was dead set on getting the next JJP b/c WoZ was so wonderful. I was watching via Periscope when DI was introduced, I was initially surprised and did not like the theme so basically bailed on that plan. Alien debuted also. Well, that night, Heighway’s company website was listing the LE for 7100 DOLLARS. It was supposed to be listing for 7100 EUROS. Due to that error, I made the purchase at the DOLLAR amount and thought I was going to score a deal. This was my first NIB game and I was not as knowledgeable about the industry as I am now. Well, KARMA sure did bite me in the ass, because I was one of the hold outs who lost it all. Lesson learned for sure and will not be greedy with this hobby ever again.

Fast forward about 2 years (during which I have been following the threads on pinside) and I saw an LE for sale from Sweden – private seller. Contacted him but could not figure out payment/shipment. I then contacted pinsider MK6PIN (knowing he had purchased from Sweden) who put me in touch with pinsider Royneblom who sold me AlienLE #69 NIB and shipped it to me, for which I received today. The timing on when MK6PIN contacted Royneblom was some kind of gift from the Norse Gods (reference to Alien Covenant song played by David “Entry of the Gods Into Valhalla” written by Richard Wagner who based his Ring Cycle opera on Norse Mythology as did JRR Tolkien with LoTR) because Royneblom was in a bind trying to get his AlienLE #426 (reference to LV426 – the planet where Aliens is set). Royneblom had to get a couple extra LE’s in order to get this specific number (I hope he did end up getting it) and one of those extras is the one now sitting in my garage (soon to be moved to the proper place in the home). Through this transaction, I have also met pinsider Ulmpharmd who has been helping me as well.

This transaction was meant to be – evidenced by the fact that the shipping dude in Sweden who picked up the game (he had no idea it was a pinball machine and only found out through discussion with Royneblom) had a huge frickin Alien tattoo on his chest!!! That’s crazy!!! (see pic below)

Many, many logistical issues had to go right in order for me to enjoy this game. Thank you to all involved that post on this site. I can’t thank pinsiders MK6PIN and Royneblom enough for procuring and shipping it - and MK6PIN and Ulmpharmd for the assistance thus far. I know there are many others who I will be thanking as time goes on. I am grateful to those of you with so much technical knowledge, as well as those who developed this masterpiece.

The game seems to be playing correctly. Other than some rust on the ramp entry flaps and the stickers delaminated a little (for which is fixed already) it appears to be seamless plug and play.

067B01EF-F7AF-42FF-90B3-7D65F3EE8C6A (resized).jpeg067B01EF-F7AF-42FF-90B3-7D65F3EE8C6A (resized).jpeg204DBE5D-0CEA-438E-9C07-9ABBC9781DEB (resized).jpeg204DBE5D-0CEA-438E-9C07-9ABBC9781DEB (resized).jpeg90CD9425-A01F-4695-A778-187F5132E90C (resized).jpeg90CD9425-A01F-4695-A778-187F5132E90C (resized).jpegAAB06611-3094-4716-BFB9-710EBC08216F (resized).jpegAAB06611-3094-4716-BFB9-710EBC08216F (resized).jpegD1A41277-78FF-49AD-9686-5332ABEDFB97 (resized).jpegD1A41277-78FF-49AD-9686-5332ABEDFB97 (resized).jpegF5131746-42E6-482A-A7D9-2CD1CEC3DFF2 (resized).jpegF5131746-42E6-482A-A7D9-2CD1CEC3DFF2 (resized).jpeg
#23238 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I would advise you to put inside dehumidifier packet as this game

@colonel_caverne: great advice. Will do. Thank you.

1 week later
#23276 5 years ago

Sorry all. Can’t get pics attached to PM. This is specifically for Logger: the backbox does not fold down. See attachment bolts (there are a couple other attachment bolts and a flap that are not shown here.

12F05C11-E1BE-4AF4-ABC9-ACC3CA68EBBA (resized).jpeg12F05C11-E1BE-4AF4-ABC9-ACC3CA68EBBA (resized).jpeg56F54F07-6F4E-4EAE-A551-69985B1AC6B3 (resized).jpeg56F54F07-6F4E-4EAE-A551-69985B1AC6B3 (resized).jpeg63BF5A44-6C47-4983-B957-6E1F067E9ECD (resized).jpeg63BF5A44-6C47-4983-B957-6E1F067E9ECD (resized).jpeg
#23317 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

News from the plastics:
My friend was on my place today with a full set of plastics. They are still on testmaterial for costs reasons. The print is like on vivak but the lasered edges will become better on original Vivak. However .. this plastics are looking way way better than original.
Little showstopper: The templates we are working with are from a very earlie machine. We swapped today slingshots, some small plastics and tryed the ramps. there are several differences in the plastics. Example: The production end of the right and left ramp are with an extra post where the ball drops to the playfield. There is a rubbersleeve to stop the ball and let it fall on the playfield. Our template was without that rubber. Also the first version of plasticramps were designed to be mounted with a hexpost to the upper post from the slingshots, this was changed in production for any reason.
The plastic left top in the corner is other than our template. We can see that they had many many problems with the plstics fitting in the game in the beginning. We will make the left top plastic like prototype with print on it .. looks better.
So we are trying to sort all this differences out before making one batch. Due to costs we might be offer 2 sets: A full set and one with all expect the ramps. There are hell lot of plastics in Alien.
So I will swap some more plastics the next days, my buddy will fix the small problems we figured out so far.
Some pics ...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work. Looks great. I'll be in for a set too.

1 week later
#23362 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Speaking of parts.. I just ran through and did an inventory of parts.. I may have something here if you guys need it, or possibly can find it.
Anything you guys are missing or need a replacement of?

knockerlover (I love that name by the way), do you by chance have ramp entry flaps? Mine were rusted upon arrival of NIB. Thank you.

219D767F-0E93-43B4-970A-6FF46B4FC909 (resized).jpeg219D767F-0E93-43B4-970A-6FF46B4FC909 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#23510 5 years ago

The first part is not very important as I was just stating that shooting with UL flipper may be easier for tall player as he can see better this cluttered area and in particular when ball is rolling on this UL flipper. It is also easier when you need to bounce a little to avoid draining in the game, not in particular when ball is coming from UL flipper.
The second part is more important for me as I think your ratio is wrong. I estimate that at least 80% of the balls coming from bumpers exit to left side and so only 20% to right side and UR flipper. As there is no other way to go into bumpers than by loops ( I mean can you hit theses bumpers from UL flipper?), what this left exit from bumpers is used for? It is just a design game, correct? If I want 100% balls exit to UR flipper, what it should be in my opinion as there is no other way to feed it, i need to install a wireform to get it as I would like. That makes sense to you? What this left exit was used for when it was designed?

To fix this 80% to the left problem (mine is properly leveled and was more of an estimated 70% left eject problem) I adjusted the bottom bumper to be less sensative by increasing the gap of the switch - meaning the ball had to hit this bumper harder to activate the bump. This lets many of the balls in that area hit that bumper without activation and now more often than not the ball has a right eject for upper right flipper feed. Makes game more fun indeed.

1 month later
#23602 5 years ago

I have my game on carpet so it has finally settle down in. Seems like the game was getting harder and I checked the leveling. It settled a little too steep. Now I have put the playfield at -6.5, with the glass at -13.8 (LE version). Has anybody played around with it and found the ideal leveling for their game?

4 weeks later
#23695 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Going after the 12v switching PS.....probably overkill, but headroom is a nice thing, and might cure my hard, occasional resets (along with some mods I'm envisioning down the road):
http://www.meanwellusa.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HRPG-1000

Wow. Some of you guys are too advanced! I hope I don’t have to be to own this thing long term...

Anyway, happy new year to the Alien community! Y’all are great!

3 months later
#24118 5 years ago

Played again tonight with my kids. Too young for the movies (so game bleeps the swearing). Will be so neat that their introduction to the Alien universe will be through the game. My boy hit the hyperspace multiball and accidentally punched me in the face when jumping for joy after that shot (currently my favorite shot in pinball). When the game ended, he said “game over man, its game over” in perfect Chet voice. (Yes, I know Chet comes from Weird Science). This game is amazing.

#24152 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also is the Shaker worth it now? In my original it barely went off. If so which one did you guys buy? I think my first one was red tremor cointaker

The shaker definitely enhances the game even though it’s quite selective. IMHO

#24209 5 years ago

Mine too. Flickering blue.

#24234 5 years ago

The proper audio makes all the difference!

#24264 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Hello all
I feel the flippers weak a bit on my alien. I m thinking it could come from sag or lack of power.
Sometimes, during long play it could happen that one don’t move for a sec.
I’m thinking changing my power supply, this one is elligable (thanks mk6 for that) for the 12V version but it’s 80W. I wonder if it’s a bit too much or it could blow some fuse or else.
http://www.meanwellusa.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HRPG-1000
Does some of you change their PS? Do you have any advice for this. I don’t want to create new problems on trying to fix one. Thanks in advance

I still am not the best at using pinside (unable to link a post here), but there is post #697 in the support thread for both Alien and FT, that discusses weak flippers and a solution. I have yet to implement these changes but it's on the priority list somewhere. Hope this helps.

#24291 4 years ago

Uhhh. Interesting is an understatement

#24323 4 years ago

Thanks for asking. I was going to as well. I’d be in for a set of plastics.

#24325 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just going off tomdk's comment. I would hope Free play or anyone would offer them to the existing community.

@jvspin, I emailed freeplay.se. Will let u know what I find. Thanks as always MK6PIN!

#24383 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly having someone compliment the insert design is maybe the best thing I’ve heard yet though.

I love the insert design! It’s one of the first thing that anybody comments on when game is powered up.

Quoted from daudioguy:

But we did what we could under the circumstances and I'm proud of what we managed to do.

And I love the audio! An amazing choreography package!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I love my entire lineup...and then there's Alien

Yep

1 week later
#24440 4 years ago

I continue to be impressed with y’allz skills. Alien is amazing even without these upgrades. I very much look forward to having some time/energy to put into upgrading it to what you guys have done. I think I will get that time come July. I’ll humbly be requesting assistance from the community even though most of the steps are documented. With this upgrade, I’ll be testing the waters of my abilities and your assistance will be much appreciated!

1 week later
#24467 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I bought an ALIEN LE today and now I am waiting for delivery next week.
Can hardly wait joinig the club.

You won’t be disappointed. The game is amazing!

1 week later
#24566 4 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Well there are one more Alien LE new in box left in my warehouse.

I wish royneblom the best regarding this sale. He kept his promise to me after Heighway wouldn’t and I appreciate him! Anybody wanting this Alien from him can deal with absolute confidence. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with trying to make up for his losses by offering what the market would potentially provide. I believe there’s still people out there that want this most amazing machine and this seems to be where the prices are across the pond. Good luck!

2 weeks later
#24704 4 years ago

#24732 4 years ago

Good question. I’d be curious too. Mine is Default setting. Magnet stops the ball in its tracks for Ambush multiball about 9 out of 10 times. If stopped, mouth catches the ball every time.

1 week later
#24771 4 years ago

Lots of things being said here lately. Just wanted to quickly add that this game, Alien Pinball, is amazingly fun, intensely immersive and downright bitchen to play. I thank all of you that have been involved for making the actual physical game what it is!

36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
#24833 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I am contemplating trying again with the game currently posted on the market in CO

Quoted from Drew13:

Game is sold pending payment. Donation to pinside coming

CO Alien appears to be sold?...

#24893 4 years ago

The machine has rewarded me for not abandoning it. Not often I get a score anywhere near this. thanks to Mark and Aaron and Bob for talking me off the ledge!

CC2CD5AA-B856-4BD8-9C0C-EED08214398A (resized).jpegCC2CD5AA-B856-4BD8-9C0C-EED08214398A (resized).jpeg
#24898 4 years ago

Wow guys! Thank you so much!

3 weeks later
#25198 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think pinball ownership has given me a degree of anxiety, lack of sleep and depression. I think Im going to slowly get out, starting with pins that I do not feel "satisfying shots".

My thought process is: just make sure I’m having fun doing this stuff. My family is having fun and so am I. When it is no longer fun for me and them, I’m out and won’t look back. Just move on to the next fun thing. Good luck with you!

3 weeks later
#25368 4 years ago

+1 for Per_. That’s sick!

5 months later
#26095 4 years ago

I’m in. Thanks guys.

1 week later
#26142 4 years ago
Quoted from chrishoyle99:

Is there anyone with a spare PETG set for sale or anyone willing to do a run of these for the Alien owners - I imagine there may be quite a bit of interest.......

+ 1 just in case someone thinking about doing a run of these.

#26146 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I see that I have an other 5 sets in a couple of weeks BUT I will only sell them to1 person in the US and ship only with UPS !! Had many many trouble with the PET-G backboards.
If someone buys 5 sets and distribute we will find a way !

I’d volunteer for that @tomdk, if those others above give an affirmative. I count four in the US and one in Canada (so far). Of course, it would be first come first serve basis. This community has been so good to me, it’s time I give a little in an area where I can...

#26173 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Oh boy .. there is such a high request. I ordered material for enough sets and will sort the orders within the next days.
Also people are willing to have more sets send to them.
Please be patient it will take a longer time to produce. Price for a full set including both plastic ramps will be around 250 EURO.
mk6pin Glad that it went well with the backboard swap. PET-G is much more stable than acylic/plexi but it is, also, not unbreakable.

Thanks much TomDK

4 weeks later
#26474 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

In the mean time update on the speaker panels:
I received finally the acrylic and will assemble and ship out all orders now this week!!

Awesome @Faust, look forward to it! Thank you!

2 weeks later
#26548 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

count me in please.

+ 1. Really fantastic stuff guys!

2 weeks later
#26607 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

After a two week trek across country, I am officially joining the club tomorrow!

Congrats! It is worth it. The people in here are amazing and have made this Little community so great. And the machine itself just keeps getting better thanks to them! I’m mostly a bystander but read every post. Good times...

2 weeks later
#26659 3 years ago

So after the mini beacons, I have installed the open egg and strobe lights. Still cool! Would like to play the ambush MB fully with only the strobes leds!

In the open egg video, there is a lot of background white noise. Is that your Alien machine making the white noise? That's loud.

#26662 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This game was so much fun. Shame such few were made. Fortunately I was able to play it a few times. My Alien money is now going to Rick and Morty.

There’s an Alien for sale NIB. Get it!

3 weeks later
#26706 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I have got some questions regarding speaker panels that did not arrive yet: I think we have to be patient.
In Europe they all arrived. In the US not I guess.
I am also waiting still for the eggs from Backalley creations (US to Europe). I ordered it when it was announced here in the forum and the package has been 'in transit' since.... nothing much we can do both ways I guess.

Hi guys. Anyone in US get their panels yet? Been now three months since shipped according to @Faust. Thanks!

#26743 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Man this pin seems like a lot of work. I was in on a preorder with Heighway, never received one but like to check in to see what's happening in the community. It sees like there are always repairs going on with this thing. Is that the case? Such a fun game though.

Has not been the case with my machine. Occasionally a USB will loosen and will need to be plugged back in. Other than that, cross my fingers but no issues. I think this is the case because it is a late model build(LE Version but I don’t think that matters). There are a few in the community with similar late builds that have bullet proofed theirs, including new power board and changing their data cables, but to my knowledge that was for prevention. If you’re like me and you’re not as handy as that, I would say look for a late model build when you’re in the market.

It seems to me like there are earlier model builds that have issues, but those owners get those issues fixed and they don’t necessarily recur?

#26796 3 years ago

appreciate the insight...

#26798 3 years ago

deleted

#26809 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Small update from me: I'm still here and very slowly working on the apron but a very, very slow pace. Family and work consuming all my time currently.
I'm slow in responding and just take a quick look once or twice a week (also don't play much).
Regarding shipment of panels: those who have not received it: Patience I guess. nothing I can do at this point.
I myself have ordered at the same point some things from the US, the eggs from back alley (not arrived after 100+ days) and some TBL things (also not arrived after 100+ days and not a single status update).
Unless USPS dumped large amounts of packages when they were piling up due to COVID, they should turn up eventually.
For those curious: you can track my parcel here: LZ990277236US No update since March 20...
Everybody got their panels shipped, no exception.

Thanks much for the update @Faust, and for getting back to me PM. I appreciate it! This update sounds promising. I apologize for any miscommunication on my part.

Best Regards

#26815 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mark you are da man!

Totally

1 week later
#26899 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

g) Heat has a direct effect on the life on electronic components. I hope some of you find this useful

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bam!! Looks great....your cooler Alien thanks you!!

... and this Alien thanks you!

1B40711B-202A-4B25-A33E-337FDC9783AD (resized).jpeg1B40711B-202A-4B25-A33E-337FDC9783AD (resized).jpeg1E17AC65-D6CC-4201-B5AB-ED282590B60F (resized).jpeg1E17AC65-D6CC-4201-B5AB-ED282590B60F (resized).jpeg
#26912 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

sdpinballer..... I see in your picture you have that late build POS Chinese subwoofer. Chuck it in the trash and put in a QUALITY driver, audiophiles will give you hundreds of choices so I won't bother, BUT DO IT. The sounds and script choices in this game are not to be missed by a CHEAP piece such as that, it really helps the playing more. I would also add a Polk Audio PSW10 self powered unit underneath so you can find out where your body fat is. I'm old school and have found strapping the additional sub to the cabinet will really shake things up.
The only problem with this advice of strapping is it increases vibration in the cabinet and puts at risk, all those VALUABLE electronics! Not withstanding the problematic USB connections. That's another story.
I only say this as I don't have a shaker in my LE right now, as it's debatable whether it is enough for the quote "Experience". I know, I know, there goes that word again but c'mon that shaker thing is weak. The power draw without an upgraded power supply will ruin your attitude about this game but also don't forget about the vibration aspect. Try it first, unstrapped with a better cabinet speaker, and add if you don't jiggle a bit. Remembering the risks.
Just my 2 cents, "you never know unless you try".
But no matter what, get rid of that POS subwoofer speaker!

Thank you for the advice. I love a good project that I’m capable of completing. Converting to a new power supply and adding the 70v caps is unfortunately out of my league to complete. If I were to break something in the process, I would be SUPER bummed. Plus, I just don’t see the need to do it on this particular machine as it plays just fine without it. I’m okay with the tiniest bit of lag on the flipper action. I have another machine with “improved” flippers (upgraded coils) and they are too responsive. Will need adjusting. Plus, I’ve never had a power failure, and I don’t want one, but have weighed the options and decided for now just leaving as is b/c it’s super fun/challenging the way it is. Has a couple of my favorite shots in all of pinball and I’m afraid if I start messing with things, I’ll lose that “favorite” Feel.

With regard to audio, up until your post, I was under the impression that this machine has the best stock audio out of any that I’ve ever heard. I’ve other machines with upgraded sound systems and Alien still wins. I’m not a complete dunce when it comes to audio as I have separately a nice calibrated Macintosh system as well as upgraded system in the commute car, but I’m surely not an audiophile either. The sounds coming from this machine are crisp. The bass is perfect with the recommendations of amp settings aforementioned in this thread. I wouldn’t want any more draw being pulled from an already taxed power supply so again, in my situation if it ain’t broke...

I really do appreciate the advice though. I may call upon you to help me someday in the future if things change. Seeing as how ugly and unhappy the ownership experience started out (Heighway ripping me off), the people in this community make owning this particular machine a happy experience for sure! Thank you!

Now with regard to MK6PIN temperature control mod, well that’s just a no brainer. That may end up being the single most important thing to “do” to this machine.

Love this hobby!

#26941 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Do people add the beacon lights to SE models? Is that a complicated endeavor?

I think delt31 did. He seems like a reasonable enough guy to give you some advice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=SDpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.