pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6515 7 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Requested refund (original deposit almost 1 year ago) over 1 month ago. Couldn't stomach delays and top secret video status any longer. Supposed to have been processed already; email confirmation that cancellation received, yet refund not processed. Emailed Heighway Pinball about this. No response yet.

Too bad you swore off using Venom. I say, "Let that liquid flow!"

1 month later
#7009 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Thanks! I just moved to Chicago (today)

Welcome to Chicagoland!

1 month later
#7742 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I thought Matt said in the Jurrasic park thread he would not be making it to expo

I'm pretty sure Matt Riesterer from Back Alley Creations will be at EXPO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/backalleymatt

I just dropped off a powder coating job with him a few days ago, and he asked me if I wanted to pick it up at EXPO. He has been extremely busy for a while now prepping for this particular show.

1 week later
#8405 7 years ago

The sound design on this pin is AWESOME!

David Theiel is a master!

1 week later
#8770 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did I miss something? Why would FT need a new cpu to run the Alien kit?

You must have heard wrong. Fish Tales and Alien are completely incompatible.

#8891 7 years ago
Quoted from Farhan:

I'd love to see a photo of how the playfields store / look like stacked. Did they ever release one?

Here's a screenshot from the 0:16 mark of the swap video, but maybe there are some still photos out there, too?

IMG_0541 (resized).PNGIMG_0541 (resized).PNG

#8906 7 years ago

If you have to sign your posts that way, you're doing it wrong.

1 week later
#9215 7 years ago
Quoted from db666:

It may seem like a small thing

That's what she said.

#9217 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's the point of having the new "verification" system if posts like this from a brand new account can continue?

Because...

Quoted from robin:

Note: the above limitations are not in effect yet, we want to give people some time to verify their accounts.

1 month later
#9614 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Invisiglass is NOT PDI...just an fyi....Andrew made the right choice......

Agreed. Comparison video below shows Invisiglass on the left and PDI Glass on the right.

1 month later
#10284 7 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

3 Full Throttles and 2 Aliens. Sadly both Aliens out of action all day. I did not go but know a few people that did. Andrew said board problems apparently.

Quoted from unigroove:

Correct. In the morning techs were trying to get the Alien games going in the HP booth. In the afternoon the games were taken from the showfloor.

Has there been any further information on the "board problems"?

#10288 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A code update, that did not travel with them

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The screen alignment issues were down to software adjustments only. We needed an update just before the show and unfortunately I couldn't download a 1GB file at the show. It's a very quick fix - but shouldn't have happened.
The game is actually a lot more finished than it appeared to be.

Are these comments in reference to the alleged "board problems" that eventually led to the games being removed from the showfloor on the afternoon of the first day of the show?

1 week later
#10462 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

It should be released before the end of the week (Friday 3rd) and the first games should ship by then as well

Andrew, I've read comments in this thread about board problems that affected the two Alien Pinball games at the recent EAG International 2017 show (see below).

Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

3 Full Throttles and 2 Aliens. Sadly both Aliens out of action all day. I did not go but know a few people that did. Andrew said board problems apparently.

Quoted from unigroove:

Correct. In the morning techs were trying to get the Alien games going in the HP booth. In the afternoon the games were taken from the showfloor. Not sure that's such a smart move as now there were only flyers, banners, promotional plastics and a sticker available.

Since then, I have also heard comments offline that appear to corroborate that there are problems with the boards.

Would you please elaborate on the current status of the boards, and if there are any problems with the boards, please clarify what is being done to address them?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

#10571 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is that why Aurich doesn't post in this thread anymore?

That's right, we should just stop asking questions altogether. In fact, the whole thread should just be closed so people can't ask questions.
Heighway seems more than "willing" to give new estimates...despite the fact that he keeps missing the dates again and again. "Only two more weeks."

Oh, Rob. It's just a little ice. Stop being such a hater!

IMG_0561.JPGIMG_0561.JPG

3 months later
#14597 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

As hard a pill as it might be to swallow, we the buyers really have no say in Andrew's company, and we have no right to demand or dictate anything. Yes, we all sent in money that he is either holding or has spent, but that still does not give us any rights other than the rights of any consumer with any other company, and that is to either keep our money into the game or to file for a refund. Even if you do not get your refund and you have to fight for it, you still have NO rights to information or to how the company is run unless dictated by a court of law. We don't do it in any other industry, and I can't for the life of me figure out why folks think pinball is different. For some reason, we all automatically think we are all major stockholders because we put in a deposit. Andrew has a company, and he advertised a product. We all sent money for that product (knowing the risk), and we should be receiving a product for that money. If you are mad at the lack of communication, lack of production, or all of the "lies", then file for a refund and go through the proper channels. If you are staying in the game, then you have no choice but to go along for the ride. All of the second-guessing and demands do nothing but stir up a bunch of crap. It changes nothing, and Andrew still does what he thinks is correct. I am as frustrated as everyone here, but we do not run this company, and we are all jumping to stupid conclusions. The Porsche story is a prime example.....I am glad Andrew put it to rest, but because someone mentioned something, it became a fact and sent folks into orbit. Again, I am not suggesting we should not protect ourselves and our investment......but that DOES NOT mean we get to tell Andrew or anyone else what to do. Put yourself in his shoes....with the shitshow this has become, would any of you respond if you were him? Really?

From a legal perspective, a "buyer" who has not yet received either a game or a refund is a creditor.

In the UK, when a company is solvent, there is no reason for directors to consider the interests of creditors. However, when a company is insolvent, the directors must consider creditors in priority to shareholders (West Mercia Safetywear Ltd [in Liquidation] v Dodd [1988] BCLC 250). It is the period in between solvency and insolvency which causes most difficulties - i.e., the "zone of insolvency", aka the "twilight zone".

Source: Director's Duties in the "Zone of Insolvency", Simon Baskerville and Inga West, Ashurst LLP, 6th edition of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Governance 2013; published by Global Legal Group Ltd, London (www.iclg.co.uk).

https://ashurstcde.azureedge.net/-/media/ashurst/documents/news-and-insights/legal-updates/2013/jan/cg13_chapter-1_ashurst.pdf

#14868 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I don't get your reaction here? Closing this thread does not remove it. Who wants to follow two threads with the same questions? Not me.

Have you ever tried to quote an important historical post from a locked thread? Try it sometime.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-pinball-mission-complete

#14881 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
And that is probably why they want this one locked.
There is a ton of information in this thread that people should be allowed to continue to quote, and yes, that includes posts where people's credibility may be at issue.

If the moderators choose to do anything, they should close the old "Heighway Pinball Official Pinside Thread" or simply merge it with the new one, since the current investors are effectively taking over Heighway Pinball's operations.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread

It makes NO sense to close the "ALIEN PINBALL - Official Game Thread" just because Heighway's management and ownership are changing.

Did the old Hobbit game threads close and start up new Hobbit game threads just because JJP brought in a new investor and Jack gave up his majority stake?

No, and it shouldn't happen here, either.

1 week later
#15151 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Why walk away and hand over all the assets to investors, there is money involved, sold his shares or is still a share holder

Basic algebra:

Assets = Liabilities + Equity
Equity = Assets - Liabilities
If Liabilities > Assets, Equity < 0.

Trading worthless equity in exchange for investors assuming outstanding liabilities can often be a reasonable trade.

1 week later
#15286 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Nobody is going to board a ship who's passengers are all saying 'we are not happy, we want off'. (Note: not a cargument)

Using a "shipument" in this thread seems appropriate.

10 months later
#21621 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Why is it when this shit goes down with rotten companies it comes down to Lord of the Flies with fellow Pinsiders?

Quoted from Astropin:

You lose money you can blame yourself (if there were reasons to be sceptical) and you can blame the party that took it...but don't go hunting down 3rd parties just so you have someone to yell at...childish.

Quoted from RTS:

It is beyond ridiculous to blame any random idiot on Pinside who stupidly, blindly, ridiculously cheered on HP. Completely ridiculous.

Anger is a very natural human reaction from people suffering a loss. Some people deal with losses better than others, but most people go through the same Five Stages of Grief [1]...

The Five Stages of Grief:

1. Denial
2. Anger <---
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

-- Swiss Psychiatrist Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, 1969

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Razorbak86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.