pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9620 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

As soon as FOX officially approve it, we will show it.

So is production held up waiting for approval, or are games in production right now?

2 weeks later
#9924 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

“There’s a great quote by Henry Ford, right? He said, ‘If I’d have asked my customers what they wanted, they would have told me ‘A faster horse’. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."----Steve Jobs
Stick to your vision Heighway. Your ideas are changing pinball for the better

Henry Ford also said "customers can have the Model T in any color - as long as it's black."

Ford eventually lost ground to competitors who offered different colors, failing to address what customers wanted.

He arrogantly thought he didn't need to listen to customers, and had to play catch up.

#9973 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

How does the GOT strobing compare to the Pinbits lightning bolts in AC/DC?

GOT is worse - much more overwhelming.

2 weeks later
#10402 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

includes a cell phone in it which for some reason is the dumbest thing known to mankind

I get your pinball point, but Facebook is the dumbest thing known to mankind, followed by Twitter.

A cell phone is actually useful.

1 week later
#10770 7 years ago

Is there a price advantage to ordering the standard game before they are readily available?

Are prices going to change from those posted on the website?

I think the black looks the best.

3 weeks later
#11506 7 years ago

Just saw the game play video.

Looked cool, but the ball rarely got in the pop bumpers and if it did, usually had no rebound action and just fell out.

Were the pop bumpers working correctly? They kinda reminded me of Data East, too far apart.

#11712 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Lotta expected chest pumping going on here but I certainly am secure enough to say that I don't find seeing "YOU FAILED" every three minutes fun. At all. And my favorite game is TWD which kicks my ass consistently but doesn't do a repetitive, video-gamey "YOU FAILED" after every mode attempt.
It just seems to take you out of the whole movie feel (I won't use the "I" word ... just a splash of blood and skull symbol would say it all.
I LIKE the way it doesn't scream "jackpot" during the multiballs. I'd much rather here the voices yelling in a firefight.
So at the end of a mode attempt you'll either die (lose the ball) or go on with the fight... there wouldn't be a guy standing over you holding a big sign saying "YOU FAILED".
Just seems to take you out of the mood and add an arcade quality that the rest of the game nicely does not. Why stick to the whole movie feel for everything else, including the multiballs and then lose the feel every mode attempt with a jarring "YOU FAILED"?
Just doesn't seem to fit... to me anyways. Plus as often as it will happen (which is not a bad thing) it seems mindlessly repetitive - while the rest of the game fortunately does not.
You guys can now send me my "attempted to make a point in a forum thread" consolation trophy that I can display in my safe place

Nailed it.

2 months later
#13956 6 years ago

Is the ball action in the pops any more lively than before?

In the videos I've seen, the pops were either weak or too far apart, allowing the ball to almost immediately fall out with very little action.

#14098 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Saw Alien:Covenant last night. A good sequel to Prometheus. Ending still leaves lots of questions and possibilities. Looking forward to a third movie to see how it all wraps up with a crashed Engineer's ship containing a Queen on LV-426.

Thanks for not giving away the ending.

#14450 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

People wouldn't have to ask for refunds if they had their games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...or waited for games to exist before coughing up deposits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 weeks later
#15162 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Time! (me 1995)

Are you the one on the left or on the right?

5 months later
#18608 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

For anyone who thinks there is a risk of them losing their money and/or this game not going to get made en masse, please let me fix your logic for you. Here's why this thing is 100% going to get into the hands of those who want it.. The product is good, and if anyone has to bail out the manufacturing they will get it for a song and make a boatload of cash out of it. When these things fail, the guy who always ends up making the money is the last guy who comes along with enough cash to bail out the last guys who tried, and he gets it for next to nothing.
So Andrew failed, and now the investors are running it. If THEY run out of cash, the next in line will bail them out, and be one step closer to final production, and if they fail, it will be even closer, etc. Hell, I will be in that line if the project gets recycled enough times. Who wouldn't take on a fully licenced, coded, shipping machine that looks this good??
Everyone will get their machine and/or their money. The only variable is time.

According to this logic, no business would ever fail.

The flaw is the assumption that there is always a "next in line" to bail the previous failures. It's blatantly wrong.

I still think this game will get made, and I'm hoping to buy one someday when they are available to ship.

1 week later
#18801 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Or you just pass on buying an adult themed pin based on a gory R-rated movie
I find this kind of "censorship code" ridiculous, and it's a waste of programmers time. Stick to family themed pins. Not all pins/movies/media/etc are made for everyone.

Sometimes it makes sense to have an option if the game is routed in certain public venues.

#18834 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry GH, but your whole thesis. Needs to go back for a rewrite. You used crap data to make your conclusions. . . .
. . . .Your opinions have lost all value completely at this stage and your only way to repair them is to put in the time to go play a game extensively.

Whoah wait a minute...

You mean Green Hornet is making all his determinations without recently playing the game?!

That's really all the info I need to know.

2 weeks later
#18997 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I have the vinyl cling just sitting here waiting to be sliced and diced!!!

My experience with the clear vinyl cling stuff is that it worked perfectly on the cabinet protecting from flipper button wear,.

But it didn't work as well adhering to the playfield after a few months of the balls rolling over it. The edges eventually started to lift.

#19003 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So new eta.... before the end of the day.

If you don't have a tracking number, don't bet on it.

#19048 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Don't hate it, but don't really like it either. Oh well, black it is then.

I think they should've made the LE black. Or a much darker black/green.

Had the standards been stainless, then there might've been legitimate LE envy. Black looks the best. They just need to have black legs.

How easy is it to remove the playfield glass if someone wanted to powdercoat the framing around the pf glass?

#19101 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Since neither I nor the animator have received a game or frankly even played one it's the kind of touch that hasn't been worked on.

I played one on location in the bay area. It's a cool game.

Oh, and whoever did the pf art deserves a lot of credit. Looks great.

#19246 6 years ago

Another pinsider offers powdercoating using black with green or blue flakes.

Either are better alternatives than the factory LE powder coat colors.

fb6010b125d55427fceedc2df9248e7d497f7a98 (resized).jpgfb6010b125d55427fceedc2df9248e7d497f7a98 (resized).jpg

cc4bd41c398cb3bbfa19bbdbb925b6a1257483c5 (resized).jpgcc4bd41c398cb3bbfa19bbdbb925b6a1257483c5 (resized).jpg

#19291 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Consider the secondary market in your color choice and the narrowing of potential buyers. Unless that blue was deeply discounted, I wouldn't even respond to a for-sale ad.

I think the buyer in the secondary market with specific color needs is the one who narrows his choices.

The seller will still have plenty of potential used market buyers who don't mind as much.

2 weeks later
#19516 6 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

both "revive" and "scream" insert lights out, and one GI bulb out near left flipper.

I had the same leds go out, plus two Aliens mode inserts, A-PC, and Combat Drop.

I was playing a game, and all was good. Next game, they were all out.

HP said they were waiting for new led boards to arrive, to send replacements. But not sure if the problem isn't something else, since they all failed together.

Anyone else experience this, and/ or have a solution?

(Unrelated to code update. I haven't done it yet)

#19637 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You can see it that way. You have nothing to say to them unless you pay in full so you are nothing to them. I dont know if they care much about the crumb bums and shoe clerks (not all) you are leading here because this thread alone contains tons of hate and defamation against the company. The main stream here says refund in open mouth like baby bird, never buy pin from them and buying experience is agony and frustration (other threads are worse).
I paid in full 2016 to support Andrews great vision and my taxes so I am something to them. Actually due to good contacts and much work some time ago fueled by anger (when Andrew did unhealthy tours in your country with my money) I can just pull the trigger and a bomb (since then in hypersleep chamber) drops in Wales, it would cost me a few minutes and no money. But I dont want that. I dont see a le shipped that was fully paid after mine in Andrews era (we ordered pin in Andrews era, these are completely different orders to post Andrew orders because a man is responsible for his trust, only kids, women and fags blame third parties for their mistakes) and that is not even important. Important is I appreciate the new owners and some loyal staff (I pray for their health) dig that pin out the shithole Andrew left it in and I dont want to disturb that process.
Besides, you are one of the golden boys of Morgan, he gifted you with a christmas dream. I received nothing personal from them since the ashes of Andrew. It hurts but it is ok until they hurt my trust which I feel wont ever happen. I feel they will deliver and I felt it all the time because this pin is dark magic that will succeed (it contains the bones Andrew ripped out of Nordman). I will comment (and donate) here when I have it or comment before when that stoner from California makes subpar comment again (I cant take it any longer) and you will have it also (after me I believe) if you keep your inner shakra intact. Until then.

I understand that English may not be your first language, but it's really hard to determine what you're trying to say.

Perhaps use less poetry, and more prose.

2 weeks later
#19859 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I guess it's positive that this Helmut guy answers the phone once in a while. Funny that no other company gets bonus points for answering their phones though.

To be fair, JJP owners often mention how thrilled they are when Jack answers his phone.

1 month later
#20268 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Fingers crossed guys.
70 containers lost at sea off coast of North Carolina in high seas storm.
That would be a nightmare.

Link?

1 week later
#20344 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Imagine what this will be like in 20 years, with the company a long distant memory and no parts available?

Hmmm... let's imagine....20 years from now...

Maybe all the games will be worth nothing.

Or maybe they'll be rare like Big Bang Bar.

Or maybe somewhere in between.

That pretty much covers it.

#20366 6 years ago

I had some led's fail, and HP sent me some new led's. Still didn't work, so HP sent me a new pc board, and they prepaid DHL for the return shipment of the old board.

No complaints on the support. Everything is now fine.

In hindsight, I think the problem may have just been a bad connection. HP could benefit from better phone tech support, and save on sending parts unnecessarily.

My issues have really not been any different than other NIB games I've purchased, including JJP and Stern.

Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe there are a lot of others who don't post because they don't have problems.

Time will tell, but other than the fixed led's, the game has been fine. I understand there is risk with a new company, but I don't think things are quite as dire as this thread may sometimes indicate.

1 week later
#20406 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Says the seller of his holy grail.

Seller, or auctioneer?

#20448 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

So it is worth noting:
Never never ever preorder a pinball machine from a company that has not made at least two production pinball machines (at least 750 machines each) before.
Never Ever.

I'd say never never ever preorder a pinball machine. Never ever.

Even if the company has been in business producing machines successfully for years.

Just buy it when they are shipping without a ridiculously long wait.

1 week later
#20534 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My wife and went grocery shopping today, I bought a cantaloupe in perfect condition...when I got home it looked like this...

I honestly dont know what happened to it, but it made me think of this thread..

Your cantaloupe probably got damaged in shipping.

1 week later
#20750 5 years ago
#20765 5 years ago
Quoted from nonik:

Today i unpacked my alien LE, i was scared for all the comments here, but, all the pinball are perfect, no errors, no cracks, the pinball is very very beautiful and the game is very very cool, i love it.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong.

Have you learned nothing from this thread full of facts?

1 week later
#21604 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You say that because you were one of the cheerleaders.

I think he says that because it's true.

It is beyond ridiculous to blame any random idiot on Pinside who stupidly, blindly, ridiculously cheered on HP. Completely ridiculous.

#21661 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Didn't say that. Simply pointed out I actually played the game and reported on the issues it had. No one wanted to hear about it. Just sayin'.

So what's the reason for pointing it out now?

Sounds like bragging that you were right, I told you so, blah blah blah

#21682 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s a good lesson for the future. If Chinese Lebowskis or Derproot games play like shit or are breaking in public & people mention it after hands on experience - maybe listen to them instead of dismissing them.

A good lesson for the future is not to preorder. It has nothing to do with how it plays.

#21740 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

post deleted

He seems nice.

#21785 5 years ago
2 weeks later
#22128 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Welp, what’s your measure then? Queen has sold more than 200 million records, and basically stopped making them 30 years ago. Of Stern music pins, only ACDC is close in album sales, and they still trail Queen.
Queen has had multiple #1 hits and albums, and yes, in the USA too. For a brief time, Queen was arguably the biggest and most successful band in the world.
Queen has played to some of the largest crowds in concert history, and was heralded for one of the best festival performances in rock history.
Queen has had at least TWO iconic songs that people of all ages all around the world know: Bohemian Rhapsody and We are the Champions/We Will Rock You. We are the Champions has been used regularly in stadiums and on TV as the anthem to celebrate the victors in major sporting events. For decades.
Most people can name at least 3 Queen songs.
So yeah, Queen is a “good band”. Lulz.

I personally don't measure how good a band is by their ability to appeal to the lowest common denominator to generate sales.

#22141 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How do you measure good bands then?

If I like 'em, they're good. Most of what I like is not mainstrean.

My opinion is all that matters, not the opinion of millions of fans of a lame band like Queen.

3 weeks later
#22317 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Do all the LEs have lighted side cabinet panels?

Standard editions also have lighted side cabinet panels.

At least my standard edition has the led strip running along the bottom of each side panel, illuminating the sides.

#22364 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Wow $13k us and selling, makes my nib LE for sale at $10k cheap

Very subtle.

2 weeks later
#22478 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

My guess is some sort of incentive/discount on new deeproot titles for those who can show a legit claim of loss.
Im just basing my guess off of this part of the interview below.
-----
RM: We still haven’t decided yet exactly what we want to do. It will be more than a ‘$5 off coupon’, but less than a free game. It might not even be towards a game, but rather travel or access. A poll would be helpful at some point to see what they really want.
------
I hope it will be a substantial incentive for those who lossed out on Alien or TBL and not just a marketing gimmick in the end.

WTF is an offer of "travel" or "access?" Very vague, and not much in the way of relief for spurned buyers. No poll is needed. People want their game or a refund.

So far, Deeproot is a lot of talky talk self promotion.

2 weeks later
#22612 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I have one of the earliest prototypes, fortunately it has been upgraded in a lot of ways, so it isn't the electronic mess that it was.
Unfortunately it also has metal ramps that have seen a lot of play, so they don't look very nice, so I decided I was going to take them out and and polish them up, I got about a half hour into removing things and realized that it was going to be an absolute nightmare!! I've been working on pinball machines for 30 years, so I've encountered some pretty daunting repair/removal tasks, but this one took the cake. The more I looked at what was involved, the worse it got, so for the time being, I've put it on hold.
It appears that very little thought was put into repair accessibility, I guess that can be expected on a prototype, I just hope that the later machines aren't as intimidating, or Alien could prove to be the most difficult pin to do playfield work on ever made. I honestly can't imagine putting a playfield protector on, would take an immense amount of work.

Haven't removed any ramps, but I have removed the flippers.

The removable design feature was a clever device making them easy to work on.

#22661 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I've been putting off getting the beacons for my prototype game because I didn't like the ones with the large black or white base. I stumbled upon this one, just about exactly looks wise what I wanted, is anyone familiar with this brand??
Model 3100-A
Beacon Light®
Amber Lens
12-Volt Magnet Mount
Availability: In stock
Price: $26.49

I agree that the large base originally chosen by HP looks bad. This style is much better.

I found a similar WOLO beacon for only $12.99, and it comes in either amber, red or blue. I think the blue would look better with the game if you're gonna veer away from the original design beacon anyway. The difference is this comes with a coiled wire that would need to be spliced out.

I don't have one, so I can't personally vouch for it. I think it would work the same after reading swenny's instructions in the other thread, and these already come with the magnet base so it's less work to prepare for installation. Here's the link

https://www.jegs.com/i/Wolo/425/3105-B/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710684161&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=47430200350&CATCI=pla-324540250760&CATARGETID=230006180040340556&cadevice=c&jegspromo=thirdparty&gclid=CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXRKNhuGZCWkDPXtz8ws7NabX9UDpxgYoj6zYMSazXH6OTKNs8JwNcRoCEYEQAvD_BwE
425-3105-B (resized).jpg425-3105-B (resized).jpg

Edit: This link also has the same amber beacon you listed for $8.24

1 week later
#22803 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.these will have to be changed or they don't make it..

I totally agree. This is something that could really put them at risk.

#22839 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hey guys so I think there are 8 LEDs not working they absolutely are in a row !!
What is the easiest way to test to see which led is causing the issue? If I unsolder the led on each end? How can I test led individually and easily ? Thanks so much ! The areas with tape are the non working LEDs
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can pull the led light board off to remove it. You do not have to desolder anything. Follow the instructions described by Ferret above.

You determine which led board is bad when you remove it based on the lamp test. There is no surgery done to any individual board to test it.

It is likely only one led is bad, not all 8. And once you remove the bad ome, ther others will work fine.

#22844 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

If my understanding is correct, the statement above is not entirely correct. The LED's work in a chain. If one goes bad, every LED down the chain will be impacted. If you remove one, every LED down the chain will be off.

I had one bad led, and several inserts were affected. When I followed Ferrets instructions, by discovering and removing the bad led, all the previous missing led inserts, worked fine.

Maybe all of my unlit led's must've been upstream. But I know removing the bad one got several more to work, so I knew I had found the problem led.

Coincidentally, the original bad led would actually illuminate. But it was always on, even when it should've been out.

4 weeks later
#23091 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

It seems that there will be space enough to make also

Will you be making the replacement "protectors" covering the pc boards in the bottom of the cabinet?

One of mine had a corner chip off when I lifted the play-field and a ball fell on it. (Am I the only one who had this happen?)

1 week later
#23182 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Very old post quoted but .... in test menu my shaker (standart shaker in Alien LE) works but in game ... mhhh.
Is there any tweak or something to get the shaker in motion in game ? Or is it just so "lame" in the game ?
Thanks
Tom

Can you slide the weights on the shaker spindle further away from the center to increase the effect?

6 months later
#24231 5 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

I would be happy to get one set also (if the price is somehow reasonable)...

Same here.

6 months later
#25656 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I bought mine a year ago from Australia. Obviously i didn't know then, DUH
It's on topic Dunger. It's called ALIEN PINBALL! LOL
Some people that bought one or want one might want a little info.
Now, put your $$$ where your big mouth is. Let's put up a little wager? No F ing chance you'd do it because you don't know shit or "DUNG" for that matter

Okay, if you're willing to make a bet, specifically when will the remake be available?

If you can't provide an actual date, then you will never lose the bet.

#25672 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Read my post above. What is it about Dec 31 that you don’t get?

I read it.

You still don't give a date when the remake will be made.

#25682 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not the one making it and i really don't give a F when its delivered.
But hey, read my post above

Got it.

You will make a bet that they will be remade, but you don't know when they will be remade because you don't give a F when they will be delivered because you're not the one making it.

And you want to lock in the bet by 12/31 without first stating a date by which they will be remade which is the whole point of making the bet.

#25688 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I think that Iceman is betting that the games will be made by 12/31/2019.

Nope.

He never said games will be made by 12/31/19. That is just his deadline to make the bet without giving a date they will be made. Nobody is going to make a bet without knowing the terms.

If 12/31/19 is his date that they will be made, I accept his $1,000 bet. Money needs to be put in an escrow account and released to the winner on 12/31/19.

Game on.

2 months later
#25877 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Game over iceman..game over

He was wrong about his claim.

But he was correct about looking foolish.

6 months later
#27158 3 years ago

If anyone knows someone who wants an Alien, I'm considering selling.

5 months later
#28228 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Well, when you’re ready to put up or back down, I’ve got $1,000 I’ll put up on this bet. We’ll find an online escrow site that will hold Both of our funds. We’ll set a reasonable date of when this phantom machine will be available to see who’s right and who’s full of it, and it’ll be set. Sound good?

Did you ever make this bet a few months ago?

You sure sounded arrogant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.