pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballgeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7116 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing this, can't wait for the british launch of alien. I hope it is at the northern lights pinball show which is apart of play expo on the 8th/9th october this year here in the Uk because last october heighway brought full throttle to the show

#7147 7 years ago

I'm unsure if this has been asked before and i've not noticed but I have been thinking about this for some time; let's just say that I got the standard edition of Alien at some point, used or nib and later down the line I was interested in an upcomming title but this time a limited edition version. Can that happen a Limited Edition kit in a previous standerd edition game ? Can only a limited edition kit run on a previous limited edition game, same can be said with the basic model ?

#7160 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's the UK equivalent to a Ford Taurus?

Ford Mondeo I think

1 week later
#7263 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Was anything revealed in August?

Some pictures of the early test machines being built, unsure about what else ?

2 weeks later
#7515 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Not sure if this is still a possibility, but Andrew also mentioned that it might be slightly earlier.

I believe it might be the weekend 8/9th october I say this because there is a expo in the uk : http://www.playexpomanchester.com/whats-on/ in which there will be a large audience who will be going who isn't going directly for pinball which there is 113 of so far as there is arcade machines, retro and new video games , vr , cosplay etc. Last year andrew was there in person showing off full throttle so there is a chance alien might be too this year.

3 weeks later
#8188 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern or JJP employee? What's your best guess

Stern seems more likely due to the name being dialed out which looks like it takes a jab at dialed in.

3 weeks later
#9205 7 years ago

Hi Andrew,
One quick question; in 2012 during the Uk Pinball Party you unveiled the prototypes of circes animal house which became full throttle,there was one machine that had a transparent lcd screen that was used instead of playfield glass. Could we see this technology resurface on future games because as time goes on this technology will become more mainstream and prices will plummet ?

5 months later
#13465 6 years ago

Its uk law that we "don’t have an automatic right to get money back if you just change your mind about something you've bought and there’s nothing wrong with it.
It’s the same no matter how expensive the item was - it’s really down to the seller whether they offer you anything."

However in order for a refund to happen you actually have to have recieved the item hence the 14 day cooling off period which starts when you have gained possesion of the item, one you have told the seller you want a refund then you have to return the item in 14 days after mentioning. Yet as soon as the deposit was sent you essently signed a legally binded contract and the seller has the right to decline a refund or not.

#13567 6 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

When sitting next to the machine with my partner having our lunch during a break it was apparent how the side art is very limited compared to other games, with a big wall of black on the cabinet and nothing at all on the sides of the back box. The modular system seems to me to be a big limiting factor in regard to how the machines can offer striking visuals.

I agree with you there but then again when you a play a machine you don't really look / play on the cabinet so it could look bare with no artwork on it and the game will still be the same. The modular system is great for ops to change games regulary without changing machines.The only thing which I have to get used to with heighway games is that i'm so used to having my thumb resting comfortably on the corner of the lockdown bar and side rail with other games that it felt weird at first as the side rails are much larger.

#13578 6 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

What's missing in this pic?

Damn it was shipped without one, Thats one way of defeating the xeno is by not actually having it present

1 week later
#13849 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Man that backbox is wayyyyy heavier than expected. Slim like a spring break bitch but definetly weights a lot more than a normal backbox from the old era.
Deeply impressed by the quality so far. Built like a tank.

The weight sure is surprising but then again I most probably think that the backbox display is one of the main culprits that accounts to the heft.
Side note nice house of the dead 4 cab.

2 weeks later
#14696 6 years ago

With the price in the Uk for a star wars pro (£6.2k) and alien (£5.650k) it sure seems that its a no brainer to go for alien for the most bang for buck.

2 months later
#15726 6 years ago

Gone are the days when you could pick up an alien se for cheaper than a stern pro in the uk. Star wars retails for £6295, yet alien from hld went from from £5650 inc vat to £7499 inc vat

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballgeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Pinballgeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.