pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope this works out. As a Full Throttle owner getting a full-blown game like Alien with multiple toys, LCD screen, LED lights, etc. for $3900 is pretty sweet. Hell the all-in-one price of $6100 is pretty darn good.
I would think the shipping costs would be significantly reduced as well, thankfully.
I hope you can keep titles #3 and beyond below the $4k... that is a good psychological threshold to stay below.

Excuse me for asking this - maybe I am missing something, but on the website, it says "US $6,150" for the standard and "US $7,850" for the LE. Is the $3900 price for the "kit" that you can swap in and out of if you already own FTT?

Apologies for sounding ignorant. I honestly just do not know. $4000 for something awesome like Alien definitely caught my interest; however, I am quickly starting to think it is "too good to be true" .

9 months later
#1887 8 years ago

Man, I am SO trying to not order Alien. $6400 is a LOT of money when you're moving into a new home that was just built (move in is 12 October-ish). MAN.........Alien is going to decimate ANYTHING Stern has done since this hackneyed pro-premium-LE bullcrap.

#1895 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's no need to order now you know. I'm definitely not pressuring anyone into pre-ordering, if you want to sit back and see what we do first I think that's totally reasonable. Pre-ordering will presumably get you your game faster, but on the Standard that's it. I don't know the status of the LE sales, at some point they'll sell out, but I doubt it's close yet.

Trust me, I am immune to the "hype machine" that is prevalent here. I do recognize when a company is doing things right and actually listening to their audience, and that kind of action gains my respect and loyalty.

I don't feel pressured .

#1898 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

thats it.. im starting to search for mcfarlane figures for hudson, hicks, apone, bishop, ripley and the like to adorn my aliens playfield. : P

You'll find Hicks, and that's about it. Good luck .

#1903 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

i know..
but hey, no Ripley? she should be somewhere. maybe.

Oh you can get her......

Just ask yourself: how much are you ready to spend? Hot Toys for the win.

10511348_334175896740042_8842102604205583579_n.jpg10511348_334175896740042_8842102604205583579_n.jpgIMG_1365.JPGIMG_1365.JPG

#2080 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I still can't hear or say 2 weeks without thinking of Total Recall, if fact I can't even say it properly, it always comes out a little strange, twoooooooo weeeeeeks. What a great film, one of my favorites.
total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg

That or the Money Pit:

Tom Hanks was absolutely hilarious in that movie. Been a fan ever since.

#2094 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Heighway has commented on a couple occasions saying, they are working on a "adult" themed cartoon that has been done as a pin before.

Right here:

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=heavy+metal&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5175

I could see them being sneaky and going THAT far back.

1 month later
#2744 8 years ago

It is either going to be this or TWD for my next game, and to be frank, this is winning bigtime.

The only area TWD is winning is the price tag, but at $6300 - per the website as of today - I am really highly considering just jumping in on the pre-order train with this one.

2 months later
#4167 8 years ago

All of this "critiquing" and "discussion" that everyone is bringing in, I love knowing how - in the end - this pin is going to sell many, many, many, MANY units...and most of the critiquing and complaining will get lost like a scream in space.

#4357 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

... we will officially announce what the situation is regarding actors/callouts/music etc... closer to the release. The reason for this is that it is an ongoing process with our licensor and therefore it is not something that we can comment on at this point.
What I can tell you is that we want what you want. Whether we get all of it or some of it is the real issue, and one that we will clarify at a later date.

You could practically hear a pin drop in this thread once that was revealed.

If I was a pre-order holder, I would take a step back, breathe, realize 2 things: 1. Programs like PinBrowser are out there...and 2. that there are talented people in this community that have made wonderous things happen (looking at you, Chad, with the JP/SWDE code and you guys as well Cleland, Milhouse and Esky with TWD custom callout codes).

There are surely options if this part of the game goes belly up - keep your heads up and your eyes on the prize. Right now, we have no idea what the final product is, and your deposits (as I understand it) are refundable, so no one is out anything on any front.

I do hope that all the parts of this game pan out. To have the music from the "air duct chase" playing in this game would be so amazing. I don't even have a pre-oder going, and I want to see this pan out well for everyone.

#4493 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dude....All of that is happening already. You have to approach things in stages is all.

Man, you are so patient and understanding. You give the forums all the details, and complaining ad nauseum ensues....you don't and complaining ad nauseum ensues. Seriously, kudos to you, Aurich. Won't deny, I would not have the kind of patience you have shown. You guys just nearly cannot win.

See that "Deactivated" directly below his name...?

Rumor around the campfire is accounts have been getting frozen lately.....it's the little things in life .

8 months later
#8249 7 years ago

Has Heighway mentioned when shipping these games begins...? I showed my wife the video tonight and she told me "You should get this...!" - she loves the facehuggers on the slingshots.

I am going to be watching the Alien threads closely this long Expo weekend, but needless to say, I think we're going to dive in with Heighway and get a Standard for sure!!

#8254 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Their Facebook page is saying there in production.
Is that a production game or a Proto game at expo?

Thanks!

Looks like one of each: a standard and an LE. The standard comes with the LCD in the backbox as well it looks like....o_o...?

Anyone have a link to the FAQ on Heighway's page? It is really hidden....

#8329 7 years ago

Not trying to fight the wave, but if Sigourney is not in the game, it wouldn't be THAT big of a dealbreaker. Sure, it would suck, but then I'd hear that indelible proximity sensor noise of movement being detected, or I'd hear the screech of an alien being shot, and I would pretty much completely and totally forget that she's not in the game.

Yeah, it'd be a downer, but not enough to bring me out of the running.

I can't wait until this game is brought to full fruition and starts shipping. That is when I'll make the real decision to pull my trigger or not. I really hope we're not talking about this release "coming" 6 months from now. This really does look great, and IMHO, Heighway has so far been the clear winner at Expo.

#8395 7 years ago

So, in life, sometimes it is best to live by the adage: "It is done when it is done." That being said, here's the question:

When does the game begin to actually ship (projected date now that Fox has given Heighway the "cleared hot" go ahead) ?

Also, can Standard Edition purchasers add optional hardware? For example, can someone purchasing an SE get the beacon lights and shaker motor if they want at an additional cost, or is it an "all or none" by buying an LE?

I looked all over the official page, but I could not find a clear answer.

Alien has been quite off my radar until now, so I'm sorry, but I'm not going to read 160+ pages at 50 posts each if the Heighway team is here to answer questions.

Thanks!

#8420 7 years ago

It sounds like Alien was a massive hit at Expo. Fuck the drama, Aurich, you and your team should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished.

Some of us who weren't even at Expo are ready to order. Once the gears start rolling and the pre-order people start reporting their games have been delivered with unboxing pics and vids, I will say for myself and my wife: we're eager to bring Alien home.

Know that you guys had a crucial victory with bringing this game to Expo, and know that a number of us who were on the fence going into this weekend are looking forward to pulling the trigger, bringing Alien home, and supporting you guys.

Can't wait....well done, Heighway!

#8429 7 years ago

Hey, some of us are getting the standard version, so no hold up for me !

In all seriousness, I would prefer the pre-order people get their games first. They have waited a LOT longer than me (all of 2 days now). Plus, it'll be a bit more reassuring to see them get their games before I put big $$ down.

#8482 7 years ago

Can Heighway answer if there is going to be a "price jump" once the pre-orders have been filled and "regular" orders start coming in? That is something I would like answered if at all possible.

#8510 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

But if the large LCD is standard what is the backglass, just the edge trim? Thanks.

From what I have read on the official page - it is an upgradeable option.

Maybe it is "the norm" on the LE, but on the standard edition it is definitely an upgrade.

#8616 7 years ago

Pictures on official site show what looks like black trim for standard with the exception of the legs. If I have to buy a spare set of legs and get the ones that come with the machine painted black, so be it!

Is the trim black on a standard, or is that just a promotional picture?

1 week later
#9038 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The entire package screams "Phillips CD-I" and not "Modern 2016" product

Hey hey hey....some of us actually own a CD-i...!

I'm such a sucker for the underdog.

#9083 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

3DO and Atari Jaguar too?

Two out of three...!

20161101_210947 (resized).jpg20161101_210947 (resized).jpg

#9092 7 years ago

^^^ I really respect that when you turn down an idea, you bring up an alternative solution. I SO welcome that where I work. It's easy to bitch; it takes effort to come up with an alternative or solution. Bravo!

2 weeks later
#9333 7 years ago

I personally cannot WAIT to drop $6450 on this. Makes Stern's releases look ....well....cheap.

There's no denying it: you will be on their radar with this release. It's just getting too big.

It's going to look fantastic next to AFM. What a contrast...!

Aurich, this has got to be so "winning" for you and the whole team - given the initial "backlash" of the unpopulated playfield release. That is ALL a distant memory now...!

2 weeks later
#9500 7 years ago

Going to be a great game, and it is refreshing to see Andrew here (as he always has been) addressing questions and specifics. Gives me confidence to place my order once I see Aliens in people's homes (and I've saved the ca$h up).

#9555 7 years ago

As promised, our latest YouTube video shows various production processes during production of Alien Pinball over the last month
» YouTube video

So buying one once:

1. I clearly see people getting them in their homes and enjoying them
2. Any "Early bugs" are worked out
3. Most importantly, I have the ca$h and not the credit line ready to buy one.

Prolly looking at next summer for me . It's ok though; it will be worth the wait!

2 weeks later
#9744 7 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Hmmm, I get why people did not like the coffee can.
But I have to say I prefer it to that screen, not really sure it needs 'another' screen to look at. And it is too big for the space as well.
I am a big fan of moving toys on pinball machines even if they are not interactive so that is probably why.
For me if they wanted a simple fix perhaps change out the queen and put in a (sizeable) face hugger that jumps at the glass on a successful hit?
Based on this........

I would HAPPILY wait on another delay for this to be incorporated. That would look awesome.

I do think the LCD screen is a great idea if it plays clips illustrating the "theme of the mode being played" like aliens climbing the ceiling in "ambush" mode or other such examples.

Either way, this will be worth the wait. I really wish the game would start shipping so 1st owners could get them, report bugs, Heighway address the bugs/quirks/tweaks, and then I can order mine .

2017 looks good for Alien.

#9917 7 years ago

All right - 2016 is done. Let's see this game get shipped in 2017. I, for one, will place my order when this game is in people's homes, people rave about how fun it is, Bowen's doing a tutorial on it, it's appearing at shows as a "production game" and not a prototype - I'm ready as I'm sure others here are. Let's see this game start getting made!

1 week later
#10022 7 years ago

Wow, so NO LCD in the backbox for the LE unless you pay the extra cost?

Woo wee, happier every day that I am ordering an SE with the beacon lights!

1 week later
#10354 7 years ago

I'll be "that guy" and go for sometime after August. That gives me enough time to save the cash for one .

And I am hoping Heighway completely proves me wrong. August is not something I want to be right about.

#10446 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I went back and looked, and maybe there haven't been quite as many people complaining and publicly posting about the lack of a timely refund as I thought (one of the people who I talked to about his refund that I thought publicly posted did not) but it's more than "2 or 3."

This is a tiny bit alarming. I hope Heighway makes a solid push soon. Not going to lie, I'm starting to focus on class of 92-98 B/W for my next game.

#10575 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Heighway seems more than "willing" to give new estimates...despite the fact that he keeps missing the dates again and again. "Only two more weeks."

** - This was before I saw TheLaw had posted something similar.

I can't resist. I just can't.

#10689 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Really excited about this pin, it looks amazing.
C-C-C-Combo breaker!!

Someone loves Killer Instinct....!

1 week later
#10961 7 years ago

All right....great to see this at last!!!

Now the hard part for me: watching people get the game in their house and seeing if will be the home run we're all hoping for.

#11116 7 years ago

I want to see this game get into homes. For me, that is the big thing stopping me from ordering. Good to see one or two going out; what I am counting on is seeing Bowen getting his hands on one and really showcasing the game. I want one, I really do, but I want to see it in action in people's homes where the cameras are steady, the sounds are up, and the game is showcased.

Looking forward to dropping the cash. More and more, Alien is pulling me away from TZ, SS, and CFTBL...

#11127 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

1 - There's a 2X playfield multiplier, accessible a few different ways.
2 - Yep.
3 - Six.
4 - Yes, with some restrictions. Most notably, only one mode can run at a time. The modes are very atmospheric and we didn't want to ruin that effect by having them stomp on each other. (Really, for atmosphere it would've been better to not allow stacking multiballs either, but we wanted to make a good pinball rule set, not just show the movie in a pinball cabinet.)
5 - Yes, All Out War. Scoring is highly influenced by how you performed in modes and multiballs, so you'll be unhappy with it if you just time out everything to get there.

Infinite way combos are allowed, fun, and valuable. However, the rule is designed so the two most recent shots can't be reused, so you can't just left ramp-right ramp indefinitely.

Is it wrong that everytime I see your avatar I know a boatload of information is coming our way?

Also, the lil' ferret makes me go "awwwww" mentally everytime.

#11290 7 years ago

This is what I want to see: games getting played and tried out, all the bugs worked out, all the updates implemented, all the reviews done....

Man, at this rate, I can tell I'll be ordering this year.

Time to start saving some $$$.

Looking forward to watching these FB videos (computer I am on right now is way too choppy).

#11293 7 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Our plan is to have all 4 alien pinballs on route. I do this for a living, amusements that is. I have a personal collection but very few home only games as this is my family business since the early 1970s. I know some people on pinside in real life but most will tell you this is not normal for me to post like this. I just wanted to inform the pinball community of the game so they can make a more informed decision on their purchases.
This game is at voodoo brewing in Homestead PA but will make its way to our newest retro arcade at Starport in Morgantown WV.
Good luck to everyone on their alien pinball. I'm sure you'll be happy with the purchase.
Best

If I was not relocating to Eglin AFB on Saturday, I was SO make the drive to come see this game right now. All about the timing...!!!

1 week later
#11499 7 years ago

Please see answers below...
Q: How long will Heighway be offering the Alien pinball machine for? This is determined by our license end date. This is not public knowledge

For this one, are we going to get any kind of "hey, guys....better order soon" when the license is nearing the end of its run? I am saving my pennies for this game, and it would really suck to "just miss it" ...

Not asking for the exact date - just asking will we get any kind of notice before the plug is pulled on the license altogether?

#11559 7 years ago

So, who do we talk to if we have a couple (read: 5-10) to ask Heighway? I know Andrew is getting inundated with inquiries, so who is the best person to go to to get questions answered and "feel things out" about ordering?

READ: I want to order one but need my questions answered before I go dropping nearly $7000 "on a whim".

#11563 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, who do we talk to if we have a couple (read: 5-10) to ask Heighway? I know Andrew is getting inundated with inquiries, so who is the best person to go to to get questions answered and "feel things out" about ordering?
READ: I want to order one but need my questions answered before I go dropping nearly $7000 "on a whim".

Just FYI to everyone, Andrew reached out to me directly already, and I have sent my questions his way.

That's some awesome customer service right there. Definitely makes me more inclined to drop $6495 on one.

#11582 7 years ago

I am definitely not getting one with a screen in the backglass. If the screen in the PF tells me the exact same identical information as the backglass, that to me, is a waste of money. Having it in an arcade environment, that I can understand having the big screen. At home though, no way - saving my money there.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How much extra is the 27" upper monitor?

$550.00

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/

#11610 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You don't play multi-player games?

In the 5 years I have been in this hobby, I have had 2 instances where "pinball people" came over to play. Both times were either a NIB unboxing or picking up a game and had some time to kill.

Any other time, it has been just me and some non-pinball people who are paying attention to what I am doing and why, as I explain the game to them, ala Bowen Kerins, but no where near as good as him.

That being said though...

Quoted from MikeS:

And $550 is only $150 more than a ColorDMD. Seems like a bargain considering it's a 27" full HD display!

Ooooooooooooooooo. That is making me re-think my stance....!

#11767 7 years ago

This is not another JFlop of SkidB pinball fiasco. The games are coming; we saw two of them get out the door. Great things take time.

And yes, I want to order one too. Spoke to CT for a good 15-20 minutes asking every question I could think of. I have made peace with the very real fact I am not ordering this game until end of August at a minimum. Middle of the pack is far greater a place to be than out in front where the bumps and learning lessons are.

#11791 7 years ago

That video did it for me. I just bought an SE with glo-blades for the sides of the PF, 27" monitor, and beacon lights. Paid in full.

It's time to visit LV-426.

#11795 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Missed those. No question there is a lot of passion for pinball at Heighway.
Great vid. Nice to see plenty of action on the line. Things are picking up nicely in the last couple of weeks.

They were folded up on shelves near the ceiling.

I highly recommend that if you are on the fence to getting Alien, you do it before Texas Pinball. There will be 3 of them to play at TPF, and I highly suspect once that weekend is over, the orders will come flooding in.

#11806 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Nice! Why didnt you get an LE if your paying for those extras?

Fair question.

Didn't want shaker, fiber optic ramps, or powdercoated hardware.

I will probably - no joke - be the only owner in the Florida panhandle from Pensacola to Tallahassee. That makes it "limited" enough for me .

#11808 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I know of two buyers in your area and I am one too in South Florida

Two buyers within the Pensacola/Navarre area???? Wow, didn't know we had that many pin guys in the area.

South Florida is like an 10-14 hour drive. To put that into perspective, that was the time it took me to drive from Dayton to here. Needless to say, you can have the South area, and I'll take the Panhandle .

Either way, the more Alien machines the better. This game is going to be more than I think Stern is anticipating. For what we are paying, we are getting FAR more than what they charge for an LE.

#11812 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If orders keep flying in like they have on the last couple of pages of this thread Stern will certainly be taking notice.
If Heighway #3 has the same universal appeal and hardcore fan base as the Alien licence then Stern could start haemorrhaging sales and will most definitely feel it.

They need to take notice. This game looks fantastic, and my money is safe with CT, so I don't mind jumping in at this point.

#11838 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Oh my, cadenceGate.
The issue is rights and infringement. No rights to music from the '79 or the'86 Alien films were procured. Hard to do and very expensive. This is an AH issue.
The only thing I can take from the films is inspiration and my feet are held to the fire on issues of rights infringement. Defending myself against one claim of infringement would wipe out my fees for the entire project. So you can imagine that I am careful.
That said I have really enjoyed the challenge. I admire Jerry Goldsmith and James Horner's work and I tried to be faithful to the spirit (but not the letter) of their efforts.
Near the end of a project which has been worked on over 15 months I've reviewed everything and I am pleased. I hope that it works for everybody, cadence notwithstanding.
ddt

Whoa...wait a minute. No one ever said there'd be different music than in the movie....! Better call CT and cancel my order.

j/k :p.

#11950 7 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Nope was not sarcastic at all just happy. Games are shipping....will have it in a few weeks at my house.
Order was from Cointaker, still a few left in the coming shipment.

As a fellow person who has ordered from CT, I will back this with 100% certainty.

#12159 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I wasn't going to get the backbox screen. I play "mostly" on my own and the screen in the playfield is all I will ever really look at.
That being said all the talk of "future proofing" your one cabinet and being able to essentially spread the cost of that one screen against potentially multiple games (kits) made a lot of sense......so I added it.

Agreed. That is exactly why I added the monitor to my backbox after I so adamantly stated the opposite. Being prepared is never a bad thing.

#12197 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just an FYI. Heighway is speaking tomorrow at 4pm at The Texas Pinball Festival. Hopefully we hear some good things about Alien.

Man, wish there was a stream we could watch this on. Would really love to hear what Andrew has to say.

#12227 7 years ago

Someone, if you have the capabilities, please record Andrew speaking at TPF today. It would be really nice to hear what he has to say. I know we're at the pivotal "is it about to ship or what?" stage, and I'm sure we'd all like to know what the outcome of his time to speak at TPF is about.

#12274 7 years ago

Kind of a bummer he didn't hit on the elephant in the room: timetable for shipping games. Then again, maybe he is keeping from forecasting such details in case a window gets missed. If that's the case, I genuinely don't blame him.

#12437 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

There game doesn't still come with a translite if you upgrade to the lcd?

No, why would they? You get one or the other. If you upgrade to an LE with Stern, do you still get the different cabinet art or different translite in a separate container?

Man, I can't wait to see Heighway give us that update we're all waiting for where like 20 games are leaving the facility...

#12442 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

So you are saying the peolpe on the wait list that have already put money down and are in line for Alien were skipped over and people just walked in with cash and stepped in the front of the line? Am I reading this correctly? Or there is no one with cointaker with money down already waiting? Wheres the next conference you are taking games too?

Oh trust me, there are people with CT in line paid in full - I'm one of them. Seeing the games get sold at TPF didn't really bother me. I would rather have my game brand spanking new, 0 plays on it until I get it. It sounds like those games that were sold were pre-arranged a LONG time ago.

#12461 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew, just ship machines, deal with other stuff later.

Yep. I second this.

#12517 7 years ago

All right, so I got in touch with Cointaker today. Being paid in full and hearing rumors lately, I wanted to touch base and see what was going on.

Here is what I confirmed:

10 SE Aliens are indeed headed this way NEXT week. The exact day is unknown at this time, but it is happening next week. They will be coming via airfreight.

The games will go to CT first so they can inventory them. Once that happens, the games will be distributed onto trucks to their appropriate destinations.

And yes, one of them is mine; I definitely confirmed that.

So say the games ship next Friday-Saturday (13-14 April), that will prolly be a solid week or so before CT takes possession of them. Give them another couple of days to inventory and organize them/get trucks out for them to be picked up and headed to each owner/destination. Then, the games make the drive to each destination.

We are still looking at early May or so - maybe - just maybe late April. I'd bet on early/mid-May.

Bottom line, things are in motion, and I expect to see my Alien SE by early to mid May (mmid May just to give myself some "flexibility and understanding" room).

That's all I have for now. Like I already said, the instant that game arrives at my home, I will be taking pictures.

#12523 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I vote for a video unboxing if at all possible (please)

I have at least 3-4 people in this local area that want to come over when it gets here. That being said, I should not have a shortage of willing cameramen/women to come help out. Of course, that'll mean it'll have to wait to be unboxed until the weekend, but that's fine with me. After all, it is for the community .

Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm going to assume all 10 are spoken for as well.

I would call Cointaker and ask. With me being paid in full, I'll say one of them is definitely spoken for .

I will also put to bed the whole "do you get bumped to the front of the line or not if you pay in full?" - I'll say this, if you're ready to drop all $7000+, you could be one of the first ten.

#12526 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Did this get answered? If it's a Wells monitor or similar, then yeah $500ish isn't terrible.

Considering a ColorDMD is $399 + shipping, another $100 for a full-sized LCD with appropriate mounting hardware is a steal (not my point, I know someone before me said it, but it's too good to not re-iterate).

#12535 7 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I've been paid in full for months (bought directly from Heighway) and have #16. A May/June delivery would be sweeeeettt.

Remember, the update I gave was for standards, not LEs. Wanted to clarify that so there's no false positives.

#12561 7 years ago

Man, 24 new posts, I thought Heighway showed up. Nope .

#12605 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are 10 standards still heading to CoinTaker this week? I asked them the other day how long to get a standard if I paid in full today and was told 30-40 days.

Without talking to CT yet about this, I can nearly guarantee you this is what happened:

I was #3 in line paid in full back in like - 2nd week of March - pretty much a month ago. You know why I did that? Because TPF happened 1 week after I paid in full, and everyone and their mom that was "on the fence" that attended that show saw Alien and went "holy shit, WTF am I waiting for??? I want it now!!!!" - and the rest of that 10 machine allotment got snatched right up.

Now it's become a long list of those ready to buy and pay full amount up front.

Or something else happened. Who knows.

#12610 7 years ago

Kind of a shame to see such a kick-ass video of Aliens on the assembly line a month ago only for things to have fallen nearly dead silent here a month later. With Alien Day and the release of Covenant both so close, it would be a major ball drop to miss those release dates.

Unfortunately for Heighway, no matter what they do, someone will bitch; they can't please everyone. I will say my confidence is...shaky right now. Wish we could see some progress. They got incredible exposure at TPF; I sure hope we see some momentum soon.

#12617 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dear Heighway,
Please hold my hand and tell me it's OK daily via this thread or I will will freak out even though you are shipping games.
signed,
average internet reactionary

You might want to see this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-we-need-to-be-nice

#12625 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

apologies, that was mean...but come on. "Skaky" confidence? They are shipping games. They post more than any other manufacturer. Real live people have their previous game. Real live people have their current game. They aren't making them fast enough to make some people happy. OK. Fox is dragging their heels approving LE stuff. OK. That doesn't call in to question their entire legitimacy. They go silent for a week or 2....because they are working on shipping the games and people start to freak? That's just silly.

Apology accepted.

I guess with having the "paid in full" status, you naturally want to see results. Doesn't help I'm on vacation and reading the forums religiously. Once I get back to work, the days will pass a lot faster .

#12628 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Im gonna assume Ripley is absent due to money( too expensive) and good riddance, she has nothing to do with why I enjoy the Alien series and if anything ruined certain aspects for me.

Get out -_____-

#12639 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think her 2nd best quote (behind "you bitch" is when she tells Hicks that Newt has survived all alone, etc. - but that's too long to use in a game and is completely trumped by Hick's reply "Why don't we put her in charge then?!?!?", so not as big a loss as I originally thought it would be.

Hudson, sir.

Hudson (resized).jpgHudson (resized).jpg

He's Hicks:

Hicks (resized).jpgHicks (resized).jpg

#12671 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you forgetting this game was supposed to ship April 2015?

Holy shit....really?

Not being facetious, I truly thought that was when development began. That was the ORIGINAL release date???

#12673 7 years ago

Geez. They need to get them shipping. That's nuts.

#12688 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Stay tuned…..

Seems like another company says this a lot before holding back information and then never delivering...

Is it "turn" ? Or "fern"...? Man, maybe "yearn" ......?

Man, I'm so close to the name. I almost have it....

#12716 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

There were rumors that new builds occurred this past week for Cointaker. Anyone on here getting one of those machines and can confirm that ?

I'll confirm it. I'll also confirm the 7-10 day delay, and that now they're supposed to ship next week.

#12719 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems like a below the belt move from Stern if that's true.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

#12729 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Interesting, wonder how it works for those of us that ordered direct with Heighway... and where we are sitting the que related to Cointaker.

Have no clue. Were all outside that circle of trust together.

1 week later
#13111 6 years ago

So, I'm just going to say it. I got my money refunded - my #3 slot is open for whoever wants it if it is still available.

Two things made me do this:

1. I realized I did not want a potential "problem machine" - in other words - I'd rather have the game once all the "growing pains" and "bugs" have been worked out.

2. I'm not someone who does well with delays. When I see a video with the games on the assembly line and lots of announcements about how many playfields are going to be produced and how many games are to ship at a certain time and then things go quiet for weeks - look - $8175 to some people here may be pocket change with a side of lint, but to me, that's fucking livelihood. I don't toss that kind of money around for fun. That is $1000 shy of a 2012-2013 Honda Fit I am thinking about buying to replace my 1994 Nissan truck I've driven for 19 years. I put Alien ahead of that (yes, that was my decision and I own that), and I came to regret that decision and now my priorities are back on track.

The bottom line: this game NEEDS to get out the door. I hated to pull out, but man, I'm not going to be part of the "maybe next month" club. I'll wait until hundreds of this game have shipped.

I do hope the best for Heighway. I want to see them succeed. No hard feelings at all - hopefully down the road - I can purchase an Alien SE when .......well.... they actually start shipping.

As for me, I'll visit LV-426 some other time.

#13123 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I'm already in and paid in full on #16, what's the process for scoring #3?

Call CT and ask if you can have my spot it it's available. I jumped in right after the PinballNews video, and I had a very strong feeling preorders would hit hard after TPF.

I love seeing SunKings game here in this thread and various others. You know what I want to see: another 20+ Pinsiders showing their new Alien game off, telling us how amazing it is, and building our confidence to give Heighway our money. I'm really glad SunKing has an Alien; I really am. The problem is that is like....1 of 3 games here in the States and he basically had to have cash in hand at a show and either prearranged that deal or had to make sure he found CT at the butt crack of dawn the day TPF started to get that game.

When $8000 gets put down, it's time to flipping roll. A month or so, that I can understand, but to be in the week now that 10 games were supposed to be here in the States right now being delivered to people's homes, and there is ZERO news of why, that does not instill confidence in me. Have to bounce on that one.

Then there's the rumor mills and the info that comes from others of their own volition, and that is a whole other situation which I'm not getting into. For me, subjectively, delivery dates were missed, and even if it was early May for delivery, with zero info being given publicly I anticipate those dates would be missed at this point.

Honestly, I hope everyone who is currently in gets their games. I'll be really happy for everyone; I really will be.

#13174 6 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am very confused. I reserved LE #3 on Day One and paid for it. It matches my Full Throttle LE #3. Here is my email from Andrew from 10-21-14.
Hi Jim,
"It was also great to meet you at Expo.
Please accept my apology for the delay in replying to you, as I have had a mountain of emails to get through since Expo finished.
We have reserved number 003 for you.
When you get a chance, can you please download an Order Form from the site, fill it in, and send it back to me?
Thanks again for your order.
Kind regards,
Andrew"
UGH, trying to figure this out will be a waste of time for me today.
Jim

I'll clear that up. Paid in full SE #3 with CT. Not LE.

Sorry for the confusion.

#13175 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's pretty cranky on the interweb for a Friday!!!!
What's gotten in to you Debbie Downers!?!?

I have my $8175 back. I'm happier than a pig in shit.

3 weeks later
#13993 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Got a keychain, now just need a key! And a game Called Heighway two days ago and was told mine is in the next group of 25 to ship

The sheer irony that your keychain says "Shipping 2016" and you mention yours is about to ship.........in 2017.

#14068 6 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

That's what I did, but it turned out that your Alien machine has some problems you aren't disclosing here. Of the times I have played Alien at Alt Brew, you were only there once by coincidence. Because as I told you in person, I think you come off as a complete asshole on the forums.
When I was there the game looked really dark. I mentioned this and you explained that several of the RGB LED light boards were broken and that is why it looked so dim. So did they fix/improve the light boards on your machine, or send you replacements yet? Are new boards in development? Is anybody else's Alien having light board issues?
You also mentioned that the playfield holes for some of the LED's are too small and are causing failures. You said Heighway is going to have to make those holes larger to increase reliability. Do the current games being shipped out from Heighway have the original size holes, or the newer larger ones? It seems unlikely they would be new playfields as they probably haven't gone through 25 playfields yet, and Andrew has said he ordered hundreds. Maybe they're drilling them out or something.
And of course the Xeno head is still not working. You did cycle the machine off and on for me to see, and that made the mouth extend. It wasn't very fast, but it did move. During gameplay it didn't function or move at all.
I wasn't going to say anything about my visit or the state of your machine. I changed my mind after you tried to call out Ted by touting Heighway's design choices while simultaenously failing to mention that your machine has light board issues and other things that don't work properly. That doesn't seem very honest to me.

.....Glad I got out more and more. Granted, these are issues to be expected with a brand new, never done before game like this. But, man....... like I said: I realized I didn't want to be a guinea pig owner.

Hopefully, this is a "one off" situation and not all the games out the door are like this...?

#14209 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

No games this week again. No tracking number either. Would love to give more info, if I had anything to report.

This is not coincidence....

#14583 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not sure how long it's been this way but Cointaker has removed the option to purchase an Alien:
http://cointaker.com/t/aliens

o_____o ....

Oh wow.

I would love to see how someone can manage to spin that one into a positive light.

4 months later
#16995 6 years ago

30 new posts. Thought it'd be something big. Nope.

2 weeks later
#17322 6 years ago

All this criticism of Alien is making me just want to buy one even more.

Hope to see games getting delievered. I want this game, but they have to be in people's homes in DROVES before I drop $8k.

#17700 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like the back of Gary's pants are full from crapping himself at the sight of Alien.

Yeah, prolly because of all the games he's going to sell before another boatload of Aliens ship to the States. How long did this batch of 20-25 take since we were supposed to get them in April...? 6 months?

I know there was a change in management and all, and it is great to finally see them get here, but we have a long ways to go here. It's not like AFMr when a new unboxing was happening every 2-3 days. This is basically 2 - one home machine and one at a European Pinball Championship.

I want to see these things like AFMr or Aerosmith: in a LOT of homes. I remember dropping $8000 for Alien, and then everything went nuts, and I got out. Trust me - I have the funds to do it again - and I want to, but I need some solid evidence. I want to see some solid footing that this game is here to stay, that people are getting it, that Pinside can barely keep up with the games coming in off the boats, and one unboxing after another and everyone raving that it was "worth the wait".

Right now, we basically have one, and Delt has had to do quite a bit of troubleshooting. Another reason I'm glad to wait a bit: let everyone else sort the bugs out.

It's a start, but we have a long, long ways to go before I drop my money. And this is not the only game in town I'm interested in, so hopefully Alien gets a big jumpstart, else, my money will go somewhere else down the road.

I want to visit LV-426. I really do.

#18069 6 years ago

Talked with Cointaker today. The next container of games is supposed to arrive in 3-4 weeks (just go with 4 weeks so you don't get your hopes too far up). She said some of those games are still available for purchase.

Just in case anyone's wondering...

I'm keeping my eye on Alien now. I want to see another container or two unload before I unload $8k. Alien does have my attention though - great to see some unboxings and people enjoying the game!

#18095 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is just a standard is 8k or is that with some upgrades ? Is shipping included?

It means this:

https://cointaker.com/products/aliens-standard-pinball-with-27-backbox-lcd

#18285 6 years ago

HFS.....could someone post some more videos to drown out all of this.....?

Please?

#18319 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

So how about that... sports... thing. With bases and like, balls and that.

GTFO of here with that shit. We're talking Aliens!!!! *said all in good fun/not really serious*

1 month later
#18926 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I’d love to have you guys by. All these Pinball peeps in Richmond have no love for this game. Calling it clunky and w.e. I have a party posted for it to show off the game and out of a bunch of people only like 3 said yes lol.

Sounds like it's time for new friends....they're fricking nuts o____o

1 month later
#19714 6 years ago

Glad to see WeirPinball being this direct and blunt.

Heighway needs to get their shit together or say goodbye to new funds coming in from the majority of us. I'm already eyeballing Houdini and MBr. Both will be at TPF 2018, and I know my wife-to-be and I just want to play and enjoy - NOT have to do that level of work on an $8000 toy. Absolutely sad to see.

I remember the days I so wanted one. Now, not going to lie, pretty much written this one off. Too bad. It looked so promising.

1 month later
#20208 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It doesn't look like Heighway or their games will be present at TPF.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/2018-game-line-up/
Perhaps Cointaker will bring an Alien game to play since they are a distributor, but nothing from the official source it appears.

Dang. That's too bad. More and more, this is just going in my rear view mirror. Bought NIB GotPro and a nice CFTBL within 2 months of each other this year already. Scared Stiff or MBr will prolly be next.

Between the three, that's about....$16k or so. That could have gone to Alien - if it ever becomes a reality.

HP, you need to get it together. This title, for me at least, is in danger of going "Could have been...." stale.

#20264 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Changed my Avatar, and out of the club ( never really in as no machine after almost 4 years) ...a tough thread for me to read anymore.
If I get the machine, I'll post....otherwise pretty dark here for me moving forward....maybe it all has a happy ending....just can't look at anything Alien anymore...good luck...mark

Wow.....that is insane to see and read. You have always been like....One of the guys from the very beginning.

Very sad to see this.

1 month later
#20516 6 years ago

This game seriously couldn't be any more of a dumpster fire.

1 week later
#20630 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Thought I would post a quick update on my Alien pin....*SNIP*

All great stuff..............IF....you are able to even get one.

That's the big thing right now, and sadly, by far, Heighway's biggest obstacle.

Where is that boat with 20 or 25 of them coming to the US again....?

I mean, the US is supposed to get a boatload of them, and nothing - but then some guys over in Europe just get them out of no where with zero communication leading up to it (at least what we've seen here on the forums).

It's just way too much a complete random guessing game. I, as well as many others here, don't feel like playing Russian roulette with $8000+. Now, IMDN Premium on the other hand.....

1 week later
#20863 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

NICE GUY ALERT!!
Many thanks to ilushka85 for taking the time and effort to tear down his Xeno mech so he could scan the gear. Want to know something crazy? My gear isn't stripped in the center - because there is NOTHING holding this gear to the motor other than some glue. Yep, just glue. Take a look at the pics below. The first is from my machine, and you can see how the motor shaft is notched on one side. Now look at the second picture ilushka85 sent me - the center is completely round. There is no 'indent' or 'tab' that would seat against the notch on the motor shaft - it's just glued on there.
I was tempted to try and re-glue mine, but ilushka85 is researching a better alternative. I'm sure he will post his results here in a bit.

Wow. $8k for a glued together toy.

#21143 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

AFAIK, there is no container.

*world's biggest record scratch*

HFS. Totally ridiculous.

Hopefully, we can get over the biggest case of Stockholm syndrome I've ever seen in this community.

Alien is now the DeLorean of pinball. Some inventory made it out, and the parent company folds, leaving Alien an "orphan machine".

DMC is now HQ'd in Texas with a private entrepreneur having bought all the rights to it, and the DeLorean has enjoyed quite a rejuvenated reputation through pure nostalgia.

Will Alien make it that far....?

I dunno, but I do know IMDN Premium is going to look amazing where Alien should have sat.

1 week later
#21877 5 years ago

So, after 1 year of getting my deposit back, I finally had an opportunity to play an Alien. 20180506_134356 (resized).jpg20180506_134356 (resized).jpg

There are seemingly endless posts of shot analysis, game descriptions, and gameplay videos. I'll offer my opinion and it is this: it is a crying shame this is not getting mass produced.

I got to play about 10 games on one, Polk PSW10 sub rocking the already stellar sound system. All the room lights off, and this game has atmosphere like nothing I've seen. The sounds, videos, and call outside are SO well incorporated. Orchestra score/music was excellent - nearly the same quality as the OST of the movies.

I never did Alien gameplay, only Aliens. WeirPinball did the Alien gameplay, so I got to see both. Man, this game is just on its own level. I loved the "You Failed" videos on each ball, especially the Dallas tunnel clips - so well done. All the videos are integrated so well, and I never ever noticed all the switches missing and that they are UNDER the playfield. What a solid presentation. The Alien head picking up the ball is very cool to see IRL, and I loved that it opens and closes its mouth sporadically throughout gameplay. Like an alien TRex from JP .

Ambush MB, holy smokes, what a fantastic start to a MB. All the lights go off, Hudson drops the "how could they cut the power, man???" Line, the Aliens show up crawling on the ceiling.....just...wow.

This should have made it. It's not fair that so few made it out of the warehouse. This was something special and would have forced some pinball makers to seriously upgrade their game. I am in pure awe...WHEN the game is functioning properly. Unfortunately, the one I played did go down after about 2 hours of play, but those 2 hours were amazing.

If you have a chance to play one, it's not even a question. The question is "how many games????" because this is one everyone should get to experience.

Word to the wise: be tech savvy if you buy one. Some people dont know how to take the glass off their games, or they're too scared to even change a bulb. This is not the game for them. It is practically a prototype game, and it will require a lot more attention than any mass produced game.

Loved playing it. I would almost buy one of the $9k games, but I cannot justify that price tag for what is, in essence, an "exotic" in pinball. It just needs too much attention - at least the one I played on. Some will say "I did one adjustment and mine has been fine since". Trust me, I speak from experience, they are NOT all that way.

Such a shame it won't be given a long life of production. This was something different in all the right ways.

20180506_140848 (resized).jpg20180506_140848 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#22527 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Amazed it arrived safely from:
UK->Australia (boat)
Australia->LAX (air)
LAX->IAH (air)
IAH->DFW (truck)
DFW->home (SUV)
Wayne was great to deal with - thank you. The past 3+ years have been quite a rough road on this title but they did create a phenomenal product and I’m happy to finally have one.

Holy cow. How long did all that traveling take ...?

4 weeks later
#22899 5 years ago

So, if you're in the Los Angeles area, there is an Alien LE up and running - 100% fully functional at AYCE Gogi - a Korean BBQ establishment. Dude has a massive and beautiful collection. All games are in tip top condition. In fact, the owner is on Pinside, doomid . TNA, Rob Zombie, AMH, Alice Cooper, GOT Pro, Tron Pro, GotG Pro, IMDN LE, Stargazer, WOF, T2, Batman 66 LE, Centaur, Godzilla, and Alien LE were all there as well as Iron Man, Spiderman VE and SW - those three were in the LOBBY...

The rest of them are in the back. It was funny because I saw SMVE, IM, and SW Pro up front and I had "the look" as I wondered around and a server walked right up to me and said "all the way in the back left". I was like "Is it that obvious?" and he was like: "I could totally tell what you were looking for...!"...Cracked me up.

Games were in fantastic shape. This is THE place to go in LA if you want to play all the new titles at full strength. Flippers nice and strong, cliffys on everything, playfields nice and clean - guy really takes solid shape of these games. These are not beaters; these are out of his personal collection and it shows.

Alien LE was a blast to play. I think I've "had my fill" of it at this point, but man, what a BOOMING sound system this thing comes with stock....man, what could have been....

I'll upload a couple videos I took - nothing ground-breaking just some attract mode vids mostly for my fiancee so she could see.

20180809_141539 (resized).jpg20180809_141539 (resized).jpg

Videos added:

Even got a video of the head eating the ball (sorry it is sideways, don't know why it did that...):

#22902 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Best spot in LA for pinball hands down.

Holy shit. Your collection is solid too ...

#22922 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Vasquez is great!
She's got some lines in Ambush MB and Bug Hunt... and is also seen (silently but bad-assly) when you collect the Smart Gun.

And seen at the start of and throughout Bug Hunt... !!!

1 week later
#22970 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I put a 2k deposit with Cointaker for an LE some time ago. About 2 months ago told me they are getting me a NIB LE. I waited and waited and waited. I wrote them tons of emails no response. They claimed it shipped.. nothing. No response. One guy was selling an LE from Australia here on pinside.. my only chance. But stupid me held off because I had a deposit with Cointaker and I trusted them.. and guess what.. nothing. Nada. No NIB LE. One big fat lie. Got my deposit back, went to another source and all Alien LE sold out, and had to get an SE. No more cointaker for me. I know some people swear by them but if they had just told me we can't get it for you, I could have at least got the LE from the other seller. Wasted my time and opportunity

Yeah. Dont know how I'd go on in life having to settle for an SE. Oh, the horror.

gimble_fiddle_front (resized).jpggimble_fiddle_front (resized).jpg

#22977 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

The dude is frustrated because he put down a deposit on what he was promised and didn't get it. No need to be a dick about it.

GTFO of here with that shit.

He got his deposit back. He got a game some people put $8000 down for, didn't get their money back, and didn't get a game they were promised. You miss the previous 400+ pages where all of that happened? Hell, he is even thumbs-upping my post, and he did not verbally retort, but YOU did....?

Know your history before you tell me what to do and start throwing out personal attacks.

4 months later
#23714 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would love to own one of these but seems it many were produced due to heighway going under. Did we ever get a total count on machines made?

You can still own one. That LE you own would be a nice downpayment to the right seller. Asking price is now at $11K for an Alien SE.

I dont own one, but I do keep track of the sales on this game original sticker price has nesrly doubled due to scarcity ($6400 when being produced).

#23718 5 years ago

Yeah, mere pocket change. Couch cushion currency. Surprised it's so cheap!

6 months later
#24801 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is it true that this is being remade?

Rumors, speculation, and wishful thinking without a single ounce of proof. NO PROOF AT ALL.

Do not hold your breath. Save up $13.5K, and buy the one FS right now if you want one.

3 weeks later
#25052 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I decided to move on to playfield swap. the new playfield is on the way, so I decided to get started this am by removing the power supply. It made a large snap noise and a flash. Man.. this is not my week.

I would highly recommend you get the game to someone that knows this stuff inside and out. A PF swap is a pretty big endeavor on the common B/W games, and to it to a boutique machine with a lot of custom subsystems may be more than most are capable of completing.

Know your limits on something like this.

#25129 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Alien is an awesome game indeed but I'm not sure it's "the best pinball game out there". It is an amazing immersion into the Alien universe via a pinball experience and the production of the game is top notch. I find the game really incredible but I don't think I can rank it as the "best ever". It is way up there in my opinion.
However,.... the game has some incredibly tight shots which are feakin hard to make consistently and some of the modes are nearly impossible to beat when set on factory settings. I checked my audits a while back and a couple of the modes only had one successful completion out of 70 attempts. Yeah, I'm no Keith Elwin on the game but I don't suck ass either. It's a tough game but it's a cool game.
That's just my opinion of the game and I understand your opinion. We both agree that it is a great game.
QSS

Immersion factor (audio clips, light show, video clips, music) is through the roof. Definitely not the best game out there.

Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I am so happy to officially join the group! What an ultimately badass game...I can't get over how incredible it is. This is the LE that High End Pinball repaired after it was damaged in a previous shipment. Everything currently works. Thankfully I have a lot of spare parts for repairs, and if that time comes, I'm glad that there are so many knowledgeable people here that can help![quoted image]

I hope you're good at tinkering on pins, because Alien is definitely a "fixing/tinkering on it is more than half of owning it" kind of game.

#25140 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

its like pirates once you get things worked thru it is a solid game..

Exactly.

Did you tweak yours or was it already done when you bought it...?

Cause trust me, if you search this thread it is NOT a "plug in and play" game if you're the first to bust it out of the box. This was about 1.5 years ago below:

Quoted from WeirPinball:

All I know is break out the tools after you unbox your games. Love the game, but holy sh!t - lots of tweaking right out of the box to get it to work correctly - I'm still not 100% there....There is absolutely no way they set this up and tested it...
If you are not comfortable fixing your own games - Then Alien in it's current state probably isn't for you.

#25185 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think pinball ownership has given me a degree of anxiety, lack of sleep and depression. I think Im going to slowly get out, starting with pins that I do not feel "satisfying shots".

Wait. What? Why????

No one said you cant learn how to fix or work on them yourself.

#25188 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh I work on my pins all day long.. I think that is where the anxiety comes from. Like yesterday the Xeno jaw opened and closed crazily after a game and kept going until I turned off and on the pin. then it was fine ever since. But all day yesterday and night I kept asking myself.. why did it do that?? Why!? Then I didnt sleep. I can't handle this stuff anymore.

Dont sell Alien or your other games. Take a break or do another hobby for a bit. Dont make an emotional decision that you may regret. Maybe the code got stuck in an endless loop.

Sleep on it. Hate to see you make a big decision like that on what may be a temporary feeling.

#25193 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Then I have JP LE on the way, 3 weeks they said ! I mean my wife is going to kill me. I have no room, she was about to leave when Black Knight Le showed up.. what am I going to do! I think I will get it shipped to my parents house, store it there until I do have room. Then she wont know. And everything has to be damn limited edition. Limited edition this, collector edition that.. only 500 made of this, 100 of that.. Im tired of it! Im going to have a panic attack!
I should have just stuck with my MMR LE sitting in the corner all by itself.. but no... Alien LE with green trim, last of its kind.. oh la la la la.
I think I need a vacation.... away.

What are you going to do: maybe......not buy games?

And why does everything have to be LE....?

Sorry, I am not trying to come across as condescending, but these are some insane 1st world problems. Some people in the world make less in a year than what we spend on a Pro tier pinball machine.

And going behind your wife's back hoping she wont find out doesnt help matters. I dunno, man. Maybe you have a problem with "when to say 'when'"...?

Just my thoughts. Sorry to derail the thread.

4 months later
#25880 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I do wonder what it could earn on route!

Wonder how long it would stay 100% fully functional on route.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.