pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11441 7 years ago

The combat drop section around the 5 minute mark made my hair stand on end!

Goodbye TBL, hello Alien!

2 weeks later
#11958 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

As a fellow person who has ordered from CT, I will back this with 100% certainty.

I have an order in with CT but don't expect to see mine for many months. The Alien design team doesn't even have their machines yet! I was under the impression that only the 2 on route machines in the US shipped and then the ones that went to the trade show in Italy.

1 week later
#12319 7 years ago

Had a lot of fun playing Alien at TPF this weekend.

Question on the glass- will any regular piece of widebody glass work? I was surprised they never replaced the glass on the machine whose sheet broke during shipping; there were multiple vendors on the floor/swap meet selling glass... unless it just happened that no one had widebody sheets.

Did get a pretty good laugh once when someone exclaimed how incredible clear the glass looked on the left machine, and then someone stuck their hand into the machine in response. Now that's invisiglass!!!

1 month later
#13127 6 years ago

Any idea if playfields in bulk quantity even exist at the factory yet? I.E. 100+? Never notice more than a handful in any of the video walkthroughs.

#13216 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You dudes understand they just finished the game and started shipping and that in no way means there will be 500 of them instantly available correct?

To be fair they've been saying the game is almost ready to ship for two years. And while you have a good point about 500 not being instantly available... it's a small world in pinball and I'm surprised that I've heard of less than 5 Aliens making it into people's hands.

1 week later
#13618 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Might we assume this is an earlier Prototype thats been traveling around to shows and not a NIB production?

I was told that it was one of the games that was shipped to TPF- the one with the broken glass.

1 week later
#13975 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Great news, Andrew promised 5 of the first 10 games were shipping to us this week. Been some delays, glad to hear he has games shipping!

Great news! Are these 5 en route via air freight now?

#14160 6 years ago

Anyone on here confirmed by Cointaker as being one of the folks to receive the first 5 that shipped to Cointaker last week? Even if they left last Friday I assume they'd be here now if sent via air freight.

#14589 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not sure how long it's been this way but Cointaker has removed the option to purchase an Alien:
http://cointaker.com/t/aliens

My personal opinion only. Cointaker rarely posts here so their post about 5 games promised by Andrew to ship and then the update that they have... no update... speaks volumes to me. Maybe I'm reading in-between the lines at this point but even Aurich's silence... speaks volumes to me.

Does the programer or audio engineer even have permanent production games? Wouldn't the first production games go to them so they could finish their work?

#14814 6 years ago

Yet CT is still selling Full Throttle...

fullt-ct (resized).jpgfullt-ct (resized).jpg

1 month later
#15492 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

T Until I can get the new hardware, I am stuck on code version 0.94.

I know if one of the Alien threads someone recently posted about needing to have their pre-production playfield swapped out before they'd be able to use updated code. Any idea if that applies to your game as well?

3 months later
#17544 6 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Gary checking out one of the standards in Sweden. (pic from the UK forum Pinball Info)

delt31 Looks like the side panel and head lights are out on this one as well so it may be some common to the recent builds.

6 months later
#20932 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It sounds like once CT ended the relationship the lack of US channel was too much.

I suspect receivership was already in progress before CT cut their losses.

#21212 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

The only way Pinball Brothers could possibly survive, would be if they as first priority made whole on all promises given to customers and other creditors by Heighway Pinball. In which case the transfer to the new company is nothing more than a name change. Which, truth be told, is not a bad idea on its own...

Even if their intentions end up being honorable....if not done in an entirely ethical manor... who in their right mind would give this "new" group a single penny? What supplier would supply them anything without full payment up front?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Mike_M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.