pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#907 9 years ago

If this has already been answered I apologise, with so many of the Playfield mechanisms pushing through the playfield ( pop bumpers, flippers, slings ) there are a lot of exposed edges that potentially will wear in the long run, the type of thing we " cliffy " all the time. Does anyone else see this as a problem?

For the record I like the idea of pushing the whole mechanism through the playfield, will be much easier to work on, just a bit worried about these edges. Any chipping/wear is going to be particularly visible right below your eyes at the flippers. Hopefully Andrew has this covered somehow.

#950 9 years ago

It's 7.20pm here in the uk.

#953 9 years ago

Well done Andrew, and thanks for bringing the UKPP close to home ( for me! :> )

5 months later
#2003 8 years ago

Have they actually priced the Playfield packages?

1 month later
#2454 8 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

I agree. The Alien on the back-box is a better image. The pinball is called Alien, not Green Egg.
The artwork is creative and amazing, but I don't think it tells the story of what this pinball is. The main character, the Alien, is on the side of the cabinet, which is wrong. It's all back to front.
Consider this:
The eggs should be on the side of the cabinet, at ground level, where they are in the movie, around your feet. The Alien should be on the back box, looming over you, 10 feet tall, like it is in the movie.
Also, you're not going to see the side art if the pin is squeezed in between other pins so you've instantly hidden your branding. The Alien creature is the branding, not the egg.
If the eggs were on the side of the cabinet, say about 16 inches tall, image the lighting effects you could get with green and white light on them if you could control the LEDs.

That is exactly how I feel about it, sure the egg is iconic, so stick it on the side art, its all about the alien for me.

#2617 8 years ago

I would like the screen removed from the playfield for 2 reasons;

1) any edge a ball rolls over is a potential chip/wear point.
2) price of add on playfields will be higher if you have to pay for a display every time.

1 year later
#10794 7 years ago

Hmm...maybe you have to be a friend of Helmut ....lets try again...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1211725988940512&id=100003093664451

Did that work for anyone?

#10796 7 years ago

Looks like you have to be a friend of Helmut. Sorry about the tease.

Edit, managed to download it, will post shortly once uploaded to youtube.

#10801 7 years ago

Alien head picking the ball up faster.

#10871 7 years ago

I notice none of you give a year in your estimate

1 week later
#11373 7 years ago

I've watched a little of the 3 hour twitch stream but don't have time to watch it all. Are there any xenomorph tongue ball locks during the stream? I see it poked its tongue out as it died in the middle of the stream which is quite funny

#11401 7 years ago

Does the alien head ball lock work currently? I can't find any examples of it in the 2 streams we've seen so far.

#11422 7 years ago

Looks amazing. Andrew, just a little something I thought of, is the tongue grab coded in such a way that it absolutely will not pop out unless it knows that there's only 1 ball on the playfield? I'm guessing you wouldn't want the tongue to be hit side on by another ball?

3 weeks later
#12329 7 years ago

Isn't there a separate acrylic window sat on a routed ledge then? that's how I would picture it ( but not seen one up close ), just thinking it strange you can level the top layer.

#12337 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

And yes, it was 100% due to the LCD being slightly lower than the playfield.

So your screen was SunK in? ...sorry I'll get my coat.

2 weeks later
#12711 7 years ago

Live stream from 8-Bit Flip ( UK )

http://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live

#12722 7 years ago
Quoted from Gadbury:

Brilliant, thanks. Enjoyed the stream. Game looks great, too.

Yeah its a good quality stream and nice to hear the music and callouts so clearly. Stream is back on tomorrow, may be more Alien or other machines at the show apparently.

#12726 7 years ago

I noticed on the feed from 8 bit flip a few failed alien head ball grabs, the tongue coming out for the ball but the magnet hadn't caught it. Is this a regular occurrence? ( those that have played the game a fair bit )

#12771 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for the video! That was the first time I've seen the Self Destruct mode. I'm sure it's not fully coded yet, but I thought the insert/GI lightshow to simulate the yellow rotating beacons was a pretty cool effect. I can only imagine how cool that mode will look with the actual beacon toppers in a dark room

At what time in the video does that happen please?

#12773 7 years ago

Great, thanks Tommy.

#12804 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

tounge is heavy duty geared steel piece. I think the ball would get hurt first?
blockquote>

Definitely not a good idea to allow the ball to strike the extended tongue side on, Heighway should be ( and probably are! ) doing there best with the code to prevent that happening.

1 month later
#14710 6 years ago

I'm going to guess they have found someone else to build the machines, a contract manufacturer, and Heighway will concentrate on design and development, maybe at a smaller factory. Complete guess and probably way off.

2 months later
#16006 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Is it true that UK price is now £7,500 (up from £5,500) and can only be purchased via Home Leisure Direct, not directly? If this is the case, you've lost my custom Heighway Pinball. What a fucking joke. A 'deserve to fail' if true.

I'm afraid so, the only people in the uk who will buy one now are HLD customers who know no better ( ALL of their machines are ridiculously overpriced, they sell a lot more than pinball machines, snooker/pool tables etc to very well off people mainly ). The base machine is now £1200 more than a stern pro, whereas before the increase it was actually well below a pro.

#16023 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I was close to buying one, but due to the price increase I'm out now.

Hey, don't forget according to HLD you are saving £500 on the RRP , how they get away with this shit is anyone's guess. They even have RRP for 30 year old machines. .

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#16062 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm aware of that. And only one of the countries has any kit pricing listed...

That's where I noticed that only Austria is in on the Kit pricing
I checked all of them and best I can tell, with the help of google translate...that's it. Hardly seems definitive...I hope at least.

There's a price in the UK for an Alien kit, try not to laugh too much. They won't be selling any here.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#16215 6 years ago

Wasn't the ramp lighting listed with a ridiculous price of about £800 or something like that? call them out on that and say ' no worries, I'll take the backbox LCD instead ' as that was quite a bit less.

Edit, HLD shows the ramp lighting at £849 !!!! and the LCD at £549...so taking the LCD instead would be doing them a favour

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.