pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Join_The_Cirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#745 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just for fun, here are the modern Alien arcade games, you can see how they handled the art for these. May or may not be relevant! ( they even have toppers )

Aliens_42_large-716.png 749 KB

ALIENS-217.JPG 194 KB

Actual game #2 for you

image.jpgimage.jpg
5 months later
#1460 8 years ago

Sooooo anyone know whats up with the updated shop map??

#1461 8 years ago

Aurich,, mabye you can post if here if Andrew did indeed show it at his seminar today?

#1501 8 years ago

I like what i see!!
Way to go...
Is there a tentative production date on this pin yet??

3 months later
#2735 8 years ago

I see that Heighway will be at Free Play Florida after IAAPA in Orlando!!

How Many FullT's are you bringing?
Will Alien be on display and playable?

#2755 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I see that Heighway will be at Free Play Florida after IAAPA in Orlando!!
How Many FullT's are you bringing?
Will Alien be on display and playable?

Hi Andrew
Any word on this??
Thanks in advance!

#2757 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien won't be at Florida I can tell you that.

What about you Aurich?
Will you be joining Heighway at Iaapa or Freeplay?

2 months later
8 months later
#8138 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

So, what happened at the reveal? Were the games completely DOA? I was expecting some actually meaningful video or at least some decent pics of the game from the event. Is Heighway still under the thumb of Fox and unable to release anything more than what we have seen? Heighway is knocking on the door for payment. I need to see more than a flyer and a marketing video. When will we see some actual straight-up, gameplay video with no added marketing hype or cutaways to movie scenes or 15 cuts a second to cray cutaway shots of the "balls eye view"?

1 month later
#9429 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone,
Not the production update today - but a sneak preview of one of the 'Alien' modes.
In this short teaser video we show you the mood, and some of the shots, of the "Find Jonesy" mode.
This short video is just a teaser video, and does not reveal the true depth of this mode.
» YouTube video

Looks great Andrew!!
Is there a new ETA on the production update?
Looking forward to my LE!!

2 weeks later
#9695 7 years ago

Looks awesome
So excited to get my LE!

1 week later
#9931 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Anyone else holding off sending in the next payment. I pre ordered a LE from the start but would love to see a finished LE. Any reason besides moving up the list in terms of receiving the game sooner than later. Any thoughts on early games produced having issues with later games being more solid. Looking forward to having this beast in my game room this year!!!

I wouldnt worry about that. I believe the first batch is Standard Aliens, so any issues would show up on those before the LE's get rolling. If you have any concerns, reach out to Andrew, A phone call can help

So excited to get my LE !!!

2 weeks later
#10117 7 years ago

Heighway seems to have a pretty large sized booth at the EAG show

IMG_0441 (resized).PNGIMG_0441 (resized).PNG

IMG_0440 (resized).PNGIMG_0440 (resized).PNG

#10230 7 years ago

A video from EAG!!

#10231 7 years ago

Another EAG vid

The new ramp definitely flows way better then before!

Go team Heighway!

2 weeks later
#10670 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree 100%. I can completely understand the hesitation and concern of anyone thinking of putting down a deposit given the delays and missed deadlines. I would say if you have concern then simply wait it out. There is no danger of missing out if you wait.
However, you would think most can see how very different this is from Jpop/SkitB. For cripes sake, the company has successfully produced 1 great game already, pushed forward the pinball industry with some innovative things, and has shown a huge factory being built up. To put them in the same category as the aforementioned just makes people look silly/spiteful and incapable of anything remotely positive in their life.
I agree that they need to deliver good playing games that are complete and rock in the near future. That is the only real answer that will satisfy many people. That is also the one thing that will bring in many more sales.
As things stand; the theme is great, Heighway has shown they can deliver and deliver a high quality production grade commercial quality machine, they have a great designer and fun flipping machine, and the code even at expo was super fun (the full ruleset looks amazing honestly. Toss on the full immersion of the lights and sound package and the only thing left to do is actually deliver.
I am still looking forward to the next time I get to flip one and hope there is one within driving distance for me to play.
For me personally it really comes down to the fact that we have a Full Throttle on route that has held up very well, people like it, i like it, and it is still leaps and bound above the quality of any ohter game I have bought in the past 4 years. That earns some degree of respect and goodwill for what Heighway has done.
People can be spiteful or hate on them if they like, but that is the reason I will give them more rope. I love pinball, plain and simple.

Alien is actually game 3 for Heighway ( Bacardi Cuba Libre was the first)

Very excited to get My Alien LE

Andrew and team seem very focused on getting games shipped.
We havent seen them pushing new Sales on Alien ( which to me, shows they are ok Financially)

Looks like the Homestretch!!

IMG_0718 (resized).JPGIMG_0718 (resized).JPG

IMG_0717 (resized).JPGIMG_0717 (resized).JPG

IMG_0719 (resized).PNGIMG_0719 (resized).PNG

#10708 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LE art is hopefully close to approval, but until it is I can't say more, because it would be foolish to promise something out of my control, if Fox wanted X Y or Z.

Thats great!
Since Heighway has that cool Plexiglass Art Printer, once approved they should be able to get the LE Art Printed in house and get the LE's shipped quickly

#10709 7 years ago

Cool Machine!!

IMG_0731 (resized).PNGIMG_0731 (resized).PNG

IMG_0732 (resized).PNGIMG_0732 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#10918 7 years ago

Congrats Heighway!!!

#10949 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

115Kg without 27" backbox screen or 125Kg with it

275.578 pounds
Nice !!

#11071 7 years ago

Looks awesome!!

#11168 7 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Why does is look like $1,700 difference. Could you explain your math. $6,450.00 vs $8,150.00

, this special ‘Limited Edition’ game will feature:

Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500)
Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
Shaker Motor
*EL Blades now included
Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

#11169 7 years ago

Alien LE is A Hell of a Value compared to what you get on a Stern LE lately

#11337 7 years ago

Did the additional games ship out today?

#11405 7 years ago

Hey Andrew
Any news on additional games shipping??

1 week later
#11807 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Fair question.
Didn't want shaker, fiber optic ramps, or powdercoated hardware.
I will probably - no joke - be the only owner in the Florida panhandle from Pensacola to Tallahassee. That makes it "limited" enough for me .

I know of two buyers in your area and I am one too in South Florida

#11810 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Two buyers within the Pensacola/Navarre area???? Wow, didn't know we had that many pin guys in the area.
South Florida is like an 10-14 hour drive. To put that into perspective, that was the time it took me to drive from Dayton to here. Needless to say, you can have the South area, and I'll take the Panhandle .
Either way, the more Alien machines the better. This game is going to be more than I think Stern is anticipating. For what we are paying, we are getting FAR more than what they charge for an LE.

This game is a winner for sure!!

2 weeks later
#12401 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hi Andrew, I was seriously looking at one of these, however it really was bothering me that they are trickling out and taking so long. Does it bother anyone else sitting on the fence? Andrew can you let me know if your company is strong and viable enough to get all ordered machines out in a timely fashion? Not looking to read your financials had the pleasure, Cough Cough, of reading Zidwares' however been stung so many times I would at least like your honest synopsis of the situation and a rough time line to delivery if ordered today. Cheers and keep up the good work, the machine is looking great!

Definitely call Andrew and discuss your concerns
He is the real deal and the investment in all the machinery at the Factory speaks volumes to me.
Paid in Full for an Alien LE

2 weeks later
#12803 7 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Been noticing a ton of Alien stuff lately. SF Bart just got scarier.
Can't wait to see this game at Pin a Go Go!

Nice!!
Hahah

1 week later
#13016 6 years ago

Looks Amazing!!
Way to go Team Heighway!!!

1 week later
#13559 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

DarthSinex summed up my thoughts and the opinions of others I was playing with yesterday and today. Just an underwhelming experience compared to all the other new pin choices. It's lacking one really fun and satisfying shot in my opinion.

Thats the exact opposite I have heard from everyone who has played Alien.
Glad to see so many choices out there for every type of player. Heighway has a bright future ahead!

#13689 6 years ago

Boom!!!! ( As The Pinball Amigos Say, lol) I just got the word (and photos)
My Alien pinball has been shipped today!
Very excited to add this to my collection.
Andrew and Morgan have been a pleasure to work with and have always responded quickly.
Can't wait to get flipping on this next week!
Thanks again to Heighway Pinball!
I will be a return customer for sure for game #3

IMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPG
IMG_2267 (resized).JPGIMG_2267 (resized).JPG
IMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPG

#13693 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Is this game another "beta testing game" that you worked out a deal with Andrew personally... knowing there are issues? Or is this part of the first run of machines for the masses?

Normal Production Game

#13694 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does it have the Xeno Head?

Yes, the new Design Zeno Mechanism

#13698 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do you know what the changes/improvements to the mech are? If it was annouced I must have missed it but curious to know what's been changed/improved for production games, currently trying to lineup a SE for my lineup
BTW congrates on your game heading your way, you maybe one of the first Pinsiders to receive a production model.

I am not sure of the differences, but I can post pictures next week for sure!

Thanks for the Congrats
I can't wait!!

#13786 6 years ago

More to come with tonights unboxing!!

IMG_2397 (resized).JPGIMG_2397 (resized).JPG

#13807 6 years ago

Sorry will post more in the AM
Game is amazing!!

IMG_2416 (resized).JPGIMG_2416 (resized).JPG

#13828 6 years ago

Sorry was running late this AM
Will post more in dept tonight

The Polk PSW10 is a a must have on this game

IMG_2400 (resized).JPGIMG_2400 (resized).JPG

IMG_2401 (resized).JPGIMG_2401 (resized).JPG

IMG_2402 (resized).JPGIMG_2402 (resized).JPG

IMG_2406 (resized).JPGIMG_2406 (resized).JPG

IMG_2423 (resized).JPGIMG_2423 (resized).JPG

IMG_2429 (resized).JPGIMG_2429 (resized).JPG

#13834 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mylay strip at kickout.
mylar donut around xeno mag on pf
mylar at ball drops
all good

Where can one get a Mylar Donut?

#13835 6 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

I think you might be pleasantly surprised as to the amount of bass you're going to get out of the stock speakers and Lepai Amp. I was surprised as to the quality of speakers they included in this little gem. Just note that the small dial by itself on the left of the amp controls the Sub volume. After tweaking my recently purchased Full Throttle, I actually have to turn the bass down or it rattles the crap out of everything. Unless they changed something in the newer releases of Alien, you might want to hold off on the external sub until you do some proper tweaking with the stock audio.

Oh, its turned up
But sound is night and day with the Polk Attached

#13838 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

cut it out of a sheet yourself is what I did.
i think pinball restore is where I bought a roll of good mylar

Ok, will do
Thanks!!

#13839 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats on the Alien! A lot of envious Pinsiders in this thread.
What version of code is your game running and does the Xeno head active? Have you noticed any new lighting effects or sound effects with the Xeno? thanks.

Will check the code tonight

Zeno works without any issues
Not sure what the old lighting was, but the sequence is pretty intense

#13845 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

What is connected between the sub and the machine?

I just hooked in with speaker wire from the sub to the Internal Sub Speaker

#13856 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

At Aurich's encouragement I paid significant attention to the bottom octave of the Alien sound package. To this end I added a Daytona Audio sub to my studio. You can't adjust what you can't hear. There are a lot of moments when something dives down that dives down a little further with a Sub Woofer.
I have a background as a rock musician and know how to 'rock'.
I hope this is working for everybody.
ddt

The sounds on this game are amazing.... immersive is how I can best describe

#13902 6 years ago

Here is a Video i made tonight when I changed out the backbox LEDs with RGB Lighting
i like it

#13903 6 years ago

Here is a video of Ambush Multiball with the new Zeno Mech
Sorry for the shakey Camera lol
Enjoy
This game is so freaking awesome

#13917 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know, the sequence went so well with the "How did they cut the power" quote and the lights coming back on just as the ball is getting eaten, that was really almost more intense than having flashers popping off.

I agree

#13933 6 years ago

Here is another video showing the right ramp return and Super Jackpot During Ambush Multiball
Enjoy!

#14069 6 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

That's what I did, but it turned out that your Alien machine has some problems you aren't disclosing here. Of the times I have played Alien at Alt Brew, you were only there once by coincidence. Because as I told you in person, I think you come off as a complete asshole on the forums.
When I was there the game looked really dark. I mentioned this and you explained that several of the RGB LED light boards were broken and that is why it looked so dim. So did they fix/improve the light boards on your machine, or send you replacements yet? Are new boards in development? Is anybody else's Alien having light board issues?
You also mentioned that the playfield holes for some of the LED's are too small and are causing failures. You said Heighway is going to have to make those holes larger to increase reliability. Do the current games being shipped out from Heighway have the original size holes, or the newer larger ones? It seems unlikely they would be new playfields as they probably haven't gone through 25 playfields yet, and Andrew has said he ordered hundreds. Maybe they're drilling them out or something.
And of course the Xeno head is still not working. You did cycle the machine off and on for me to see, and that made the mouth extend. It wasn't very fast, but it did move. During gameplay it didn't function or move at all.
I wasn't going to say anything about my visit or the state of your machine. I changed my mind after you tried to call out Ted by touting Heighway's design choices while simultaenously failing to mention that your machine has light board issues and other things that don't work properly. That doesn't seem very honest to me.

My game does not have these issues

New Zeno Mech works perfect

No Lightboard issues on my game either

#14091 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

When I was over a friend's house for the unboxing, there were a few issues out of the box, nothing major though. The backboard LEDs were not working. Also the xeno head locked up once or twice trying to grab the ball. A few times when the ball drained it did not register is right away so the game and music continued for about another 5 seconds. Again no big showstoppers to me, by that I mean it's probably a staple through the LED strip and the xeno head and ball drain malfunctioned because of early software..? The only nit picky thing that I didn't like however was the big screen's resolution seemed off. It basically duplicates the same image from the PF's smaller screen but it looked a little grainy. In other words, to me anyway, it looked the smaller image was upscaled to fit the big screen.

Loose connector and as It turns out I didnt push the backbox harness back up in the head. The Zeno Mech track was unable to move back fully to the home position and release the ball.
No issues since the cable was relocated to the head

#14261 6 years ago

Good News is Coming soon, the wait will be worth it!

#14262 6 years ago

Lets get this Thread Back on Track

IMG_2640 (resized).JPGIMG_2640 (resized).JPG

IMG_2641 (resized).JPGIMG_2641 (resized).JPG

IMG_2642 (resized).JPGIMG_2642 (resized).JPG

IMG_2643 (resized).JPGIMG_2643 (resized).JPG

IMG_2644 (resized).JPGIMG_2644 (resized).JPG

IMG_2646 (resized).JPGIMG_2646 (resized).JPG

IMG_2647 (resized).JPGIMG_2647 (resized).JPG

IMG_2651 (resized).JPGIMG_2651 (resized).JPG

IMG_2653 (resized).JPGIMG_2653 (resized).JPG

IMG_2656 (resized).JPGIMG_2656 (resized).JPG

#14264 6 years ago

More With The Backglass

IMG_2657 (resized).JPGIMG_2657 (resized).JPG

IMG_2660 (resized).JPGIMG_2660 (resized).JPG

IMG_2665 (resized).JPGIMG_2665 (resized).JPG

IMG_2668 (resized).JPGIMG_2668 (resized).JPG

IMG_2672 (resized).JPGIMG_2672 (resized).JPG

IMG_2683 (resized).JPGIMG_2683 (resized).JPG

IMG_2684 (resized).JPGIMG_2684 (resized).JPG

IMG_2685 (resized).JPGIMG_2685 (resized).JPG

#14273 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Cirqus why is the backglass so dark?

I have the 32" LCD Backbox so, hence the Darkness

#14294 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NICE! LE trim looks amazing!
Looks like this confirms First LEs shipped in May.

Yep

IMG_2398 (resized).JPGIMG_2398 (resized).JPG

#14295 6 years ago

I even asked Andrew to sign my game as it was getting ready to ship..
This game is never leaving
Andrew has been a pleasure to deal with...

IMG_2697 (resized).JPGIMG_2697 (resized).JPG

#14298 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

wow!!! friggin looks awesome.
please fill us in how you got the news your pin was ready!!

Andrew called me and let me know

#14351 6 years ago

This is how the game arrived
A sharpie was not used to " doctor" the Box

IMG_2698 (resized).PNGIMG_2698 (resized).PNG

#14352 6 years ago

Note

IMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2699 (resized).JPG

#14354 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Why/how did the trim color change?
Does it have fiber optic ramps?

Quoted from stevevt:

Why/how did the trim color change?
Does it have fiber optic ramps?

Because it is an Alien LE and It needs to be Green

Fiber was not ready at the time and shipped without per my request.

#14359 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow the first LE delivered! I'd like to see more pictures of the game if you get a chance. This is great news indeed.

Scroll back in the thread a page or two
I already attached plenty of pictures

#14364 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To be fair, since I've been first to receive a handful of LEs, or even Full Throttle, usually me posting about it is the first news of the games being delivered.

That is true lol

#14367 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's the same game I believe. That he got last week... I think he just power coated it himself?

I only have an Alien LE
The powdercoating was changed out to Alien Green from Alien Black

#14372 6 years ago

Had my best game ever last night!
Epic

IMG_2693 (resized).JPGIMG_2693 (resized).JPG

#14377 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Did Heighway send you the replacement armor? Or did you just do it yourself out of your own pocket?

The game was shipped out as a Black LE (per my Request) from the factory.

Hope that helps clarify

#14380 6 years ago

I only have an Alien LE

Quoted from jonesjb:

So you powdercoated it yourself? Why request it black and then coat it green?
I've been very supportive of Heighway in this thread, but I can't help but think this DIY LE approach is a bit odd.

Black was ready to go, and I was ready to play. It is simple as that.
Again, my Request

I believe I already answered this question, It says the powder coating was changed out, not the armor.

I only have an Alien LE

#14383 6 years ago

Sad that the same two people have such Negative Energy in this thread.

IMG_2702 (resized).PNGIMG_2702 (resized).PNG

#14387 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

In that case, I do like the green color of your LE. That's the green I would want on mine.

Thanks Man!
Green seems to blend in quite nicely with the game...
Not sure how blue would look in the game, but Im sure we will see some soon.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery/detail/8461/Prismatic-Illusion-Lime-Time-with-Clear-Vision-Top-Coat/

IMG_2703 (resized).PNGIMG_2703 (resized).PNG

#14389 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I tend to agree. And the green wouldn't likely be the true LE Pantone. I mean isn't this just a standard, with LE art and a plaque? Wouldn't one be better off just paying for a standard and then adding on the beacons as an add on? For a LE with half the equipment missing, that's some expensive LE art.

Isn't a Stern LE just a Backglass and Powder coated Armor, a plaque and something signed by Gary?

Plaque and Fiber will come soon, not a big deal to me anyway

#14397 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Out of pure curiosity.
Did Heighway give you the color to give to the powdercoaters?
Or did you just choose one you wanted and thought would be the most similar to the 'official' colour.
Some people might be looking at this thread and thinking their machine might look through same and it could look pretty different.

Andrew has the pictures, he was the first one I sent them to.
If you are getting a Green LE you should probably verify the color variation with Andrew directly.

#14399 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

That answer to me is the problem. Why have people paid in full and have not gotten a game let alone the 10 that were ordered. Someone comes in late in a time many are asking for refunds to try to keep the excitement alive while others are getting screwed that have paid seems a little off and wrong. Why not take care of the people that have already sent money and let them post pics to keep the excitement alive???

I have been paid in full for a long time

#14411 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

So... let me summarize. Feel free to correct when necessary.
You received a "Black" Alien 10 days ago.
Advertise it.
Then accomplish a DIY green trim and install LE side panels.
Show the box as if it was just arrived. As if a second game arrived.
Call it a LE although it has no fiber ramps, no plaque and no specific trim.
Basically, what I see is a regular game with LE side panels, right?
Anything else LE specific?

Never did I state I recieved a 2nd game or another Game was just delievered.

Quoted from FalconPunch:
It's the same game I believe. That he got last week... I think he just power coated it himself?
I only have an Alien LE

Im Done posting any further on this current subject, as my posting was intending to provide positive vibes, not this.

If you have any other questions I advise you to reach out to Heighway.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone

#14412 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...he got the LE translite also. Plus they will be sending the plaque and optics.
He requested it be sent to him this way, so what's the big deal? If I was in on an LE and was given this option I would GRAB it!

Thank you for some sanity!!!
Nail on the head exactly

1 month later
#15573 6 years ago

Recieved my shaker from Heighway yesterday!! Thanks Helmut!
Remaining LE parts should ship soon, I have been told by Daniel!
Thanks to the Heighway Team....
Looking forward to the huge update that David and the Software team are working on!

RenderedContent-EFAF7A52-3DC6-4EBC-A92B-824667CB34C3 (resized).JPGRenderedContent-EFAF7A52-3DC6-4EBC-A92B-824667CB34C3 (resized).JPG
IMG_3592 (resized).JPGIMG_3592 (resized).JPG
IMG_3587 (resized).PNGIMG_3587 (resized).PNG

IMG_3581 (resized).JPGIMG_3581 (resized).JPG
RenderedContent-C59FCEE0-A52D-48EE-B2A7-AF7559A43FB1 (resized).JPGRenderedContent-C59FCEE0-A52D-48EE-B2A7-AF7559A43FB1 (resized).JPG

IMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPG

#15584 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Given you current collection, how would you rate Alien as it stands so far?

I play it every night, Alien is definitely one of the top in my opinion.
The game immerses you into the world of Alien and the nonstop action keeps you coming back for more.
Build quality is in line with JJP
The two mini wizard modes are also very rewarding especially when the Beacon lights start up.

This game is awesome, hopefully soon, more will be in the homes of their buyers.

#15586 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

What's an average score for you?

I have the game on hard
Back legs cranked all the way up too
Game can be Brutal so anywhere from 10 Mil-35 mil on average
Good games are around 65-90 Mil
My Best Game was 199 Million

#15599 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Side note ( too lazy to look back through the pages)...what is the total height of the LE w provided beacons? Ve got a spot picked, but might be vertically challenged....

Here

IMG_3648 (resized).JPGIMG_3648 (resized).JPG

IMG_3649 (resized).JPGIMG_3649 (resized).JPG

#15601 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thank you!!!...off to the game room now.....

No problem
Hope it fits

#15622 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

sweet. and as soon as those molex connectors arrive, your beacons as well
Sure here are some pics of the mech, pretty simple, one limit switch on the tounge, one motor and a small motor for the jaw. Dont know what changes they made.

If u have any issues with the ball getting stuck when the zeno retracts, just move the Black rubber tip down so less of the magnet is exposed to the ball (the tip of the zeno tongue) and that should solve the issue.
The mech functions as such: The Magnet is always energized and when the zeno fully retracts it knocks the ball off and swallows it.

1 month later
#16089 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

While everyone is considering pricing and trim and options , you might might want to take a step back and ask :
Can Heighway pinball in it's current form provide fully functioning production machines on a consistent basis ?
Also , can they fix machine with flaws in a timely manner, diagnosing and sending parts when needed?
The Alien Std. at Pocketeers was a Hot Mess of multiple event resets and refusing to take coins. Owners are not happy at this point. 3 days of rebooting the game and waiting for your game to suddenly end had many people frustrated with the game.
One of the resets was tied to starting Ambush, so possibly magnet / head related. The tech had disabled the head , possibly due to discussions with the Heighway team. The owner also reported that he specifically asked them not to send the game unless previous reliability issues had been worked out. Other resets seemed to be tied to tilting.
Great design , great rules , but over and over we see this being rushed out without full testing of components. There are no extra parts lying around or history of problems to even figure out half of the issues that pop up. The owner lost a lot of potential earnings over the three days of the Buffalo Pinball Open and sent a lot of people away with a bad first impression. Not sure why they didn't put a sign on it stating it was hit or miss for a reset.
If you watch the stream that "Bro, do you even pinball" did the game was fully functional with a few odd problems and the head was working even when it should not have been. Wondering if the odd behavior (head grabbing ball during modes and Mother being triggered from a head shot) was linked to the eventual failure of hardware.
I was of the opinion before this to get a game fast instead of waiting and have changed my mind completely.
Of course i would like to have more data. Not sure where other production Alien games have landed , but it would be nice to see hear if there are any issues popping up consistently. The bad part is people are making final determinations of this game based on a flawed example.
On this particular example the playfield was very dark to the point where you could not see the upper flippers very well. Shots were awesome except the upper ramp was hard to hit, due to either upper flipper alignment or power. Pop buimpers are seemingly improved but lack the snappy power of a new stern. Same for slings, they are a bit clunky. Not sure of they gapped switches on this.
So maybe this is a case of one bad apple being put on display for many to gain a rotten attitude about it. I still come away with a feeling of a great game that needs the polish and reliability to become an all-time hit.
If people are out there with a recent game , please report here and i am hoping to see more cases of "I have no issues" instead of my unfortunate experience with the game at Pocketeers. By the time i got there , you would not risk playing multiple players , because you could reset away your money on one ball.
All that being said , i got multiple games (avoiding the head) and enjoyed myself the time that it lasted. It's all been said about being immersive to the theme and having great multiple flipper shots and using all of the playfield to progress through the story. Still we are at the point where the main features (head and magnet) seem to be the problem.
I will try and keep up on the progress of the Pocketeers machine (so we know what the issue was) ; unless someone official wants to pop on and let us know what happened and if this is an isolated incident.
Good luck Heighway.

My game has the updated Zeno Mech and has no issues whatsoever.
The new software update they are releasing soon seems to add quite a bit of final touches to the game as well.
Never have had any sort of reset issue on my game either.

Pretty nice under the hood construction in my opinion

IMG_4405 (resized).JPGIMG_4405 (resized).JPG

IMG_4406 (resized).JPGIMG_4406 (resized).JPG

#16204 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's assuming they are shipped by sea. Andrew maintained he had an inexpensive air/truck delivery to US that was the same price as ship/truck. If new owners have something similar, shipping 50 games to one location should be a piece of cake.

That would be TNT Express which is now owned by Fedex.
Not sure they do Containers

1 week later
#16390 6 years ago

I like the green I went with, I think it came out perfect

IMG_4457 (resized).JPGIMG_4457 (resized).JPG

#16392 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How's your alien holding up, you've had it for a while now? And is it still getting as much attention compared to your other pins?

Lucky no issues, like some of these other folks.
I still play it nightly, there is so much to do and keep busy that the game definitely keeps my interest.
The new update sounds fantastic as well, as I know the team has been hard at work to get everything just perfect.
I have heard a few whispers that the wheels are in motion for Game 3, which is a good sign in my opinion.
Of course getting everyone their Alien and getting the games with issues resolved should be a top priority..

#16396 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

1. How have you heard the update?
2. When is it conservatively scheduled for release if you know?

From Heighway Facebook Page

Alien V0.99 (available later this month)

Changes since 0.98:
- Fix All Out War not qualifying after all requirements met.
- All Out War insert now lights after it has been played.
- Increased power to the hypersleep lock-up device
- Improved ball search for the hypersleep lock-up device
- Xenomorph tongue will now extend a little further in ball search
- Increased flipper power settings slightly
- Remove flipper coils from ball search
- Ball search outside of a game, or while tilted, will not display a message now.
- Updated burnin test to activate more coils, similar to a ball search.
- Ignore some spurious switch activity during bonus, while queued up display effects drain out.
- If a spurious switch occurred at game start and validated the playfield, this would lock in your choice of which movie mode to play. This is now changed so that the movie is not locked in until launch is pressed, or until the right inlane is triggered.
- Fixed some system display effects (which use the blue test mode background) from not showing correctly while a video was running. In particular this bug was hiding the volume adjustment screen sometimes in attract mode.
- Increase main HSTD table to 5 entries, and added more team members' initials onto the defaults.
- Mode timers now pause briefly while the ball is in pop bumpers
- Playfield GI changes color during movie selection
- Multiball grace period now pauses while ball is being held up (for example, while the Mother award is being announced).
- Add multiball resurrection rules. Starting Sentry Guns will now restart any other multiball that was in its grace period. Likewise, starting any other multiball will now resurrect Sentry Guns from its grace period.
- Mother add-a-ball award now resurrects any multiball(s) in its grace period.
- Fix occasional pauses at endball before bonus started.
- Fix centre ramp not spotting letters towards SHIP if double scoring was already running.
- Fix occasional incorrect skill shot value display (it was correctly added to score)
- Fix mode going into grace period not displaying its timer or its hurry-up value correctly
- Boosted priority of beacon effect during wizard modes, so that it is not interrupted as often.
- Adjust scoring for Sentry Guns to prevent some outrageous scoring possibilities.
- Ambush jackpot value now increases gradually as you progress through Lifecycles, rather than increasing all at once when a Lifecycle is finished.
- Added Scene Start Difficulty adjustment. Default now lights the scene start for free at the beginning of a game.
- Derelict Ship shots are now indicated by the main arrows, not the symbol inserts.
- Added more beacon effects
- Fixed lamp effect for combos lit disappearing on ball launch.
- Revive lamp effect increased from 1 sec to 2 sec.
- Improved Rescue mode more and added some display effects for it
- Many updated sounds/callouts:
- Fixed truncated Hudson callouts
- Add new audio clips to Loader Battle
- Added correct sound for ball saver
- Added new endgame callouts
- Added sounds for weapon use
- Adjusted volume for orbit shots
- Added sounds for Super Pops
- Improved sound on ball kickout from the airlock scoop.
- Added new callouts for "mode not ready".
- Added callouts on revived ball
- Added audio and more lighting effects with more progress towards Ambush MB.
- Improved stacking/priority of some callouts
- Added callout for Save Newt ready to start
- Added callouts for Chestburster Combos.
- Added new pop bumper sounds and mode fail sound to Derelict Ship.
- Added more orbit sounds
- Add sounds to centre ramp
- Add many callouts to Rescue mode
- Add more Mother callouts
- Misc. sounds updated/cleaned
- Modify timing for callouts related to xenomorphs hits remaining for Ambush.
- Add sounds to recharge
- Changed egg bumper explosion sounds
- Exclude some sounds when in family mode

#16404 6 years ago

I was asked tonight to make a video of the Beacons during gameplay

Here you go

#16405 6 years ago

As I know there was recent talk of the Upper Left Ramp being impossible to make, for your pleasure 3 shots in a row to that ramp without issue and Hypersleep Multiball

Enjoy!

#16407 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for posting this. I didn't notice that the backglass changes color during the game too when I played it in Buffalo. Did you buy an addon or is that part of the standard package? Pumped for this game - sound is sick.

The Color Changing Backglass was one of the Easiest Mods Ever. I just threw in an RGB strip
The sound is pretty amazing, the Polk PSW10 I added, makes Mr Theils Amazing Sound Package even better!

1 week later
#16541 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's what you'd expect: download file to USB stick, insert stick into Alien's computer, navigate to "software update" function in operator menus. Takes about one minute. For most updates, settings/audits/high scores are preserved.

Yep, its super easy !!
I highly recommend all Alien Owners buy one of these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MT1EQM/ref=psdc_464394_t3_B0722JKQ18
To be able to update or access the computer and use a wireless Keyboard/etc with ease.

#16545 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

So I have a wireless keyboard/mouse for my Mame cab and it's invaluable! I'm used to Stern/BW buttons on the coin door, what are we gonna use a keyboard/mouse for on our Alien? Are there still service buttons on Alien?

Yep

IMG_4948 (resized).JPGIMG_4948 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#16851 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I doubt Hilton has the updated code. He probably has what it came with, which should have been what you played at EXPO. We were able to start a couple of modes at EXPO last year.
The newer games use a new computer and had several refinements. There were also new light boards (small rgbs) and a new head mech from what I read. New games are shipping with 1.02 code, not sure how much was added in a year but I'm sure the programmer has a changelog
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/333#post-3963460

The Software Package is Amazing, Hands Down!
So glad to see more Games shipping from Heighway, lets hope production has ramped up and the Next Load is ready to ship by the End of October!

3 weeks later
#17778 6 years ago

Hey Bud.... sorry to see a new owner having such issues.

I would send a High Priority email to
[email protected] And
[email protected]

I would ask for a Skype Call to be set up Asap so they can see what you see and help diagnose these issues.

#17926 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I've been playing 3 hours straight, just got mine set up late after driving 3 hours round trip to meet my other friends at the shipper depot. Got the first 3 games in Minnesota.
Powered the game up and away I went to immerse myself into the game !
Thank you to the whole team Heighway crew. HUGE thanks to David Thiel, my god the sounds, music, effects and call outs are simply amazing ! This is a dream theme and it's a dream to play.
I've seen and played the prototype at expo 2016, and Texas 2017 and it's so nice to see this finally shipping. This game is a certified hit. There is no reason this shouldn't sell huge numbers as it's so well done.
The layout and shots are fast, smooth and satisfying. Such a breath of fresh air.
Out of the box I seemed to have a xeno jaw/tongue issue as the tongue was not retracting completely and hanging up on the jaw. After going into xeno test and hit calibration I could watch the position from 0-400 ? The first 2 attempts jumped then try 3 and 4 the scrolling of numbers was smooth. Seems my potentiometer position switch was sticky. Now it's working fine.
Very happy with this purchase. Thanks to Cointaker and Nitro pinball for the collaboration of getting these games stateside. Crank these pins out and sell sell sell !
Comet the pinball cat give this 2 paws up !
Assholes and elbows ! Love the code and the Bill Paxton call outs.

The wire harness that comes from the backbox comes down right where the zeno mech retracts into. Make sure the wires are out of the way of the metal tongue in back.

#17939 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Good point that's true I will check that, makes sense.

I had that same exact issue when I opened mine. The Metal was hitting the wires and bouncing back, which made the Tongue stick out exactly as yours did. Simple solutions are my favorite lol

#18003 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You got beacons and shaker installed. Nice. Did you anticipate that bc I wasnt aware that any of the ones that came in had this installed

Highly recommend with the Red Tremor shakers being so powerful keeping the Frequency at 70% and Power at 70%.
My game would crash when the knocker, shaker and Beacons were all engaged at the same time. The power draw on the Red Tremor Shakers must be pretty extreme.

IMG_0734 (resized).JPGIMG_0734 (resized).JPG

IMG_0735 (resized).JPGIMG_0735 (resized).JPG

#18004 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I saw that on one machine, the video is in this thread, looked very cool.

Thank You!

#18029 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

This has always been my understanding as well.

Here is the Grid

IMG_0747 (resized).JPGIMG_0747 (resized).JPG

#18052 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Mine stuck out like that once. I shoved it back in and re-booted. Worked for me. But be careful if you try it

Its pretty simple inside, just a Microswitch to check when retracted and when it is Deployed.
Unscrew The two screws on the side of the Zeno, then Just lift the Zeno Head Up.
Make sure the wire harness that comes from the backbox is not in the way of where the Zeno Mech Retracts to

#18134 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Funny you mention this yes hyper sleep multi-ball is attained through hitting the left upper ramp with the right upper flipper and locking three balls I just got that multi-ball for the first time today and it was endless the scream again lights were flashing and kept spitting out balls, I had to shut the game off so it's definitely a code bug. Basically the scream again ball timer never shut off, that needs to be addressed in the code update.
I've never experienced this during the normal Xeno multi-ball hitting the two targets up the center there.

Bu chance did you have Sentry Guns Multiball running at the same time as Hypersleep Multiball?

#18154 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have resets and I have shaker. Resets to bios.

I would adjust the shaker to the following

IMG_0734 (resized).JPGIMG_0734 (resized).JPG

IMG_0735 (resized).JPGIMG_0735 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#18813 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Beside the random Mother award, how do you earn an extra ball.
Also, is there any definitive answer to why the posts don't stay up for extended period during queens nest a derelict ship?
Is it code?
It's making it a hellf a lot harder to reach All Out War. That and chestburster shot that doesn't always activate when you hit the shot which is the most difficult shot to begin with.
Besides that, the machine plays so good.

Advancing past 6x by completing the upper lanes ( above the Pop bumpers) multiple times, will light The extra ball on the Hypersleep Ramp

#18859 6 years ago

Here are 4 Brand New gameplay videos I just made for our friend greenhornet
Hope everyone enjoys
Lots and Lots of Shots to Chestburster and to the Hypersleep Ramp

#18867 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Wow, your gameplay videos are amazing. Much better than any other video out there. Before I continue my post, I will apologize for the massive amounts of questions I’m about to throw at you. Heh. Okay, here we go... Do you mind if I post them to facebooks Pinball enthusiasts page? Also, Did you put color changing bulbs in the back box? It looked like it was changing at the end of video 2. Also what do you have your game set up at. It looks so amazing how it plays. Did you add washer protectors to the sling shots? I see they aren’t broken. What about Mylar? I couldn’t be more excited to get mine this upcoming week. Any issues with your game upon opening? I wanna make sure to do the little adjustments from when I open it up so I can have the smoothest experience possible

Wow, your gameplay videos are amazing. Much better than any other video out there. (Answer) Thanks so much!

Before I continue my post, I will apologize for the massive amounts of questions I’m about to throw at you (Answer). No Worries

Heh. Okay, here we go... Do you mind if I post them to facebooks Pinball enthusiasts page? (Answer) Thanks for asking, absolutely!

Also, Did you put color changing bulbs in the back box? It looked like it was changing at the end of video . (Answer) Yes sir, I added this myself, it looks awesome

2. Also what do you have your game set up at. It looks so amazing how it plays. (Answer) I like fast games, so all my pins are cranked up all the way in the Back and all the way down in the front.

Did you add washer protectors to the sling shots? I see they aren’t broken. What about Mylar? (Answer) No protectors added to anything, Mylar was added around the Magnet and Airlock hole. I am going to order the Cliffy for the Airlock hole though to be safe.

I couldn’t be more excited to get mine this upcoming week. Any issues with your game upon opening? (Answer) No major issues at all.
If you have any, plenty of people in this thread are willing to help of course. Anything major Helmut at heighway is who you would need to contact.

I wanna make sure to do the little adjustments from when I open it up so I can have the smoothest experience possible.
(Answer) congrats on your game, you will love it!

#18880 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Nice videos! You had one of the earlier proto machines, right? Did you end up having any issues or needing any part replacements? Is this software 1.02?

I was one of the first production machines, so no issues

#18931 6 years ago
Quoted from Knightman:

Love my Alien machine and added some mods to it already. I have had it a month now. One problem did arise where the inner-jaw magnet would not fully retract. I could not get the thing to calibrate after 2 weeks so had to disable it. Has anyone else ran into the issue with the xenomorph assembly?

Move the wire harness out of the way coming from the backbox

#18965 6 years ago

Added a new Friend for Alien
I was a little aprehensive, since only playing twice before a few years ago, but Full Throttle is a pretty sweet game!

In a home setting, the music on the game rocks and the shots flow pretty damn well.
Code is pretty Robust as well

Everyone who has come to play so far with the notion that this game was a stinker have all had a change of heart.

Check one out if you can in your area..
IMG_1880 (resized).JPGIMG_1880 (resized).JPG
IMG_1882 (resized).JPGIMG_1882 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPGIMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_1886 (resized).JPGIMG_1886 (resized).JPG

IMG_1888 (resized).JPGIMG_1888 (resized).JPG

IMG_1889 (resized).JPGIMG_1889 (resized).JPG

#18969 6 years ago

For anyone who is interested (Rey at Tilt Graphics modified a design for me) and used my exact measurements for Full Throttle GameBlades.
I think they came out great!

IMG_1952 (resized).JPGIMG_1952 (resized).JPG

IMG_1957 (resized).JPGIMG_1957 (resized).JPG

IMG_1958 (resized).JPGIMG_1958 (resized).JPG

IMG_1967 (resized).JPGIMG_1967 (resized).JPG

IMG_1969 (resized).JPGIMG_1969 (resized).JPG

IMG_1968 (resized).JPGIMG_1968 (resized).JPG

IMG_1970 (resized).JPGIMG_1970 (resized).JPG

IMG_1971 (resized).JPGIMG_1971 (resized).JPG

#18986 6 years ago

Make sure to post photos and comments about any small issues or tweaks out of the box that needed fixin. Trying to get a complete list to check off while settting mine up tomorrow!

What do you mean “they cut the power”? How could they cut the power, man? They’re Animals

#19016 6 years ago

Alright, well... I am going to do a full write up of my experience tomorrow. Right now, my Alien is using my Computer power cable as a power cable because Heighway only sent me a cable for Europe and no adapter. Lol.
Moving on, I have three possible issues with my game. Nothing game breaking as I’ve been playing it all night, however I really wanna hear from others with the game and from ferret.
1. When I hit the left flipper or hold the flipper I hear a loud constant squeal or high pithed sound from beneath the playfield. The right flipper doesn’t do it. Additionally l, it slightly messes with some of the colors on the inserts that are lit.
Here is the video link of the issue:

» YouTube video
2. When I hit the right flipper there is no squeal or constant sound (so that’s good) however, anytime I hit the flipper or hold it, the inserts on the playfield, all over, go crazy and change colors rapidly. Additionally it lights up certain inserts that aren’t on and flashes different colors.
Here is the video link of the issue:
» YouTube video
3. Last but not least, my xenomorph appears to have issues. in tests it goes in and out just fine. The issue is after the magnet comes out and goes back it, it then doesn’t stay in. It falls out of the home position and either gets lodged behind the jaw Mech or stops the jaw from closing because it fell out far enough to be infront of the closed jaw position.
Here is a link to the video of the issue.
» YouTube video
If the links don’t work for whatever reason, my name on YouTube is “VividPsychosis G”.
Look forward to hearing about what’s going on.... thank you.
Meanwhile, back to playing...</

Zeno is an easy fix i believe.
The metal tongue is hitting the wire harness that goes to the backbox when it retracts.
Move the harness out of the way to the far left and this issue should be resolved

#19017 6 years ago

Zeno is an easy fix i believe.
The metal tongue is hitting the wire harness that goes to the backbox when it retracts.
Move the harness out of the way to the far left and this issue should be resolved

#19018 6 years ago

I would also try reseating the USB cables on both ends that are going to the 3 main IO boards for the lights flickering

#19020 6 years ago

Here is a photo of the correct harness location

IMG_2048 (resized).JPGIMG_2048 (resized).JPG

#19025 6 years ago

I’ll check but somehow I doubt it, I had the playfield up and Out a bit when running the tests last night too and it was still doing it. But here’s to hoping you are right!

Try it now
I had the same issue when I recieved mine and that was the culprit

#19034 6 years ago

From FB Heighway page

IMG_2060 (resized).JPGIMG_2060 (resized).JPG

IMG_2061 (resized).JPGIMG_2061 (resized).JPG

IMG_2062 (resized).JPGIMG_2062 (resized).JPG

IMG_2063 (resized).JPGIMG_2063 (resized).JPG

IMG_2059 (resized).PNGIMG_2059 (resized).PNG

#19111 6 years ago

Made some Full Throttle Gameplay Videos for those who would like to deep dive in to the game.
Enjoy!
Coin door opened by accident in the last one lol

1 week later
#19318 6 years ago

Im a Fan of the Green

IMG_2223 (resized).JPGIMG_2223 (resized).JPG

#19319 6 years ago

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/support/

Has anyone recieved any info about this?

IMG_2330 (resized).PNGIMG_2330 (resized).PNG

#19323 6 years ago

Modfather makes a cool Pincup for Alien if anyone is interested

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/alien-pincup

IMG_2391 (resized).JPGIMG_2391 (resized).JPG

#19342 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

LE#85 with black trims

Can u post a close up pic with light of the LE Plaque? Would love to see what it looks like
Thanks and congrats on the game!!!

#19356 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Thanks to kevinbuffalo and Nick for the newer Alien Twitch. The next revision is in Beta testing (we want a limited number of testers to find problems before we go wide). It is up to HP to decide to release it, it is close. As soon as we are confident in it, you will have it.
daudioguy

Have heard great things about the new revision including the light flickering issue getting vastly improved.
Very excited to see all the new changes the team has been talking about on here!

1 week later
#19424 6 years ago

From Heighway Facebook
Alien Software Update 1.1 is here!

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/documents/

9C238781-CA13-430E-8018-5288A1633D83 (resized).jpeg9C238781-CA13-430E-8018-5288A1633D83 (resized).jpeg

#19427 6 years ago

Wow
The New software is awesome, The Heighway Team sure delivered!
Love the new sounds and lighting effects!!

Best part, the Light Flickering Issue has improved drastically on my Machine, so I am hopeful the update will improve everyone elses.

Here are some brand new Videos with this update

Game sure is getting better and better!!

#19435 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

holy shit those videos are great. The sound is amazing on this game.
1 question for you join_the_cirqus . under your flippers, isnt it supposed to be black inserts/ covers? yours look different.
also i say you hit the xeno and the tongue come out when no ball was magnetized in, is that intended or did the mag just not catch the ball?
I cant wait till LE start shipping to the US
-Jeff

Under the Flippers is Black

Thanks, for the kind words on the videos..

I’ll have to review, but i had just waxed the game, so the ball may have been going a bit too fast to catch.

5DEB3C16-702A-40F4-8AC8-CFF6E15D620E (resized).jpeg5DEB3C16-702A-40F4-8AC8-CFF6E15D620E (resized).jpeg

#19445 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

no offense to the guys out there who make videos but I much prefer to simply see the game in action without a lot of talk in fact none at all is my preference so thanks, is that the stock bass speaker or do you have a sub hooked up?

I agree with you
Let the game speak for itself

I have a Polk PSW10 wired directly to the Subwoofer Speaker Terminals

#19488 6 years ago

Cliffy is Awesome!!
Just installed my Airlock Protector

66558A93-E80E-4F10-9F3D-6F94D6D57748 (resized).jpeg66558A93-E80E-4F10-9F3D-6F94D6D57748 (resized).jpeg

161C779F-30EB-408E-B4F8-12B42A99BBD8 (resized).jpeg161C779F-30EB-408E-B4F8-12B42A99BBD8 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#20104 6 years ago

I am pleased to finally report that some of my missing LE items have finally arrived, along with several upgraded mechanisms from Helmut@ Heighway today. My LE backglass (Aurich Edition) should also ship out in the next few weeks.

In the past month I have seen a fantastic change in communication and response time.
I hope this is a sign of a positive outlook for everyone and that Heighway is committed to making everyone whole.

Time will tell....

C9342759-962D-4DCC-B22A-3501496B364E (resized).jpegC9342759-962D-4DCC-B22A-3501496B364E (resized).jpeg

F585E833-9ACA-4148-8FF0-007CA23F0ACF (resized).jpegF585E833-9ACA-4148-8FF0-007CA23F0ACF (resized).jpeg

06663A82-A66B-4CDD-9DAF-C82E9B8645AF (resized).jpeg06663A82-A66B-4CDD-9DAF-C82E9B8645AF (resized).jpeg

842BEA88-4263-498F-B98E-401E205E226B (resized).jpeg842BEA88-4263-498F-B98E-401E205E226B (resized).jpeg

FB820358-C10E-49C4-B3DD-09A2B7991176 (resized).jpegFB820358-C10E-49C4-B3DD-09A2B7991176 (resized).jpeg

BC6AC86D-9C4F-4F07-8DB7-7E7B9DDAB366 (resized).jpegBC6AC86D-9C4F-4F07-8DB7-7E7B9DDAB366 (resized).jpeg

4A5B5BC2-AD17-4BC2-9A96-97A8AED2B1AB (resized).jpeg4A5B5BC2-AD17-4BC2-9A96-97A8AED2B1AB (resized).jpeg

3DED21F0-1499-47E5-9DC2-24445F947ED5 (resized).png3DED21F0-1499-47E5-9DC2-24445F947ED5 (resized).png

#20106 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks nice, were you always number 94?

Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks nice, were you always number 94?

Yes sir

8FAC182C-9D2A-4552-98D0-69728BF54E8D (resized).jpeg8FAC182C-9D2A-4552-98D0-69728BF54E8D (resized).jpeg

#20109 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Are those return ramps you received new ones that stop the ball jump issue? I can't tell as the thing I want to see is on the other side of them.

I believe that is exactly what they are supposed to help

2 months later
#20790 5 years ago

New Story from This week in Pinball

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-interview-with-eric-meunier-on-jjp-changes-heighway-pinball-unsettling-info-alice-coopers-sounds-and-callouts-more/

Heighway Pinball – Unsettling Information

Heighway Pinball had a couple unsettling pieces of information come out this past week.

First, Helmut Langenbruch has left Heighway Pinball. Helmut provided Technical Customer Support and was widely regarded as one of the most responsive employees at Heighway as customers have had many complaints about Heighway’s communication. According to his LinkedIn account, he had worked at Heighway for two years.

Second, according to Zach Meny (full time star of Straight Down the Middle: a pinball show and part time TWIP correspondent) who spoke with Melissa at Coin Taker, there are currently 35-40 Alien machines ready to ship over to the U.S. However, Coin Taker would need to pay in full for these machines to have them shipped and is not comfortable doing so at this time. Heighway is having issues providing parts and manuals to troubleshoot any problems with machines. Melissa stressed that Coin Taker wants to provide their customers with only the best products and services, and wants to assure that every machine meets those high standards. Coin Taker wants to protect its customers. Thus the delay of receiving said machines may be a reflection on those standards that must be met. Coin Taker will continue to work with Heighway Pinball in hopes that parts and manuals will be provided so that issues out of the box can be rectified.

We will keep you updated on things at Heighway, but these are two more challenges that Heighway will need to overcome.

#20794 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Seems like a big part of the problem is spare parts, and a manual/schematics. Some way to support the machines post sale.
I suspect if Heighway did this:
-produced service manual
-produced and delivered a batch of spare parts
-had a dedicated tech support person on a dedicated system (some sort of ticket system)
A lot of good could come of that. And in all seriousness, how can anyone continue to deal with a company that did not have the above in place?

The Dedicated Person was Helmut, and sadly he is no longer there.
He was stretched very thin and wore many hats in the company.

They have a ticket system as well, but unfortunately nobody ever responds (well except Helmut when he was able to)

Date: Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 7:31 AM

Dear Customer,

We have received your e-mail. Thank you very much. We will work on your enquiry and try to answer your e-mail as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience and your understanding.

Your Heigway Pinball Team

Heighway Pinball Ltd
UNIT 35 RASSAU INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
EBBW VALE NP23 5SD
UNITED KINGDOM

T: +44 1495 305634
Email: [email protected]
http://www.heighwaypinball.com

#20798 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'm one of those waiting on parts/support. At this point, I have zero confidence Heighway will provide either. It sucks, because the game is actually very fun - GREAT code and sound - lots of interesting (and hard) shots - very immersive. But regardless of how great the game may be, folks will continue to be hesitant to buy if support is non-existent. Yes, I have heard of some folks getting spare parts (a few in the US, mostly in the UK), but in the past 13 months of my ownership - despite numerous promises - the only parts/support I ever received was from Cointaker. If it wasn't for CT, I'd still be stuck with the pre-production machine running version 0.94 that Andrew sold me as 'full production'. I'm now waiting on parts to fix my Xeno (just need one $0.50 plastic gear), and parts for EL blades. CT has said they would try to get them....but... I'm not holding my breath.
I would LOVE to see Alien succeed. It really is a fun game, when it's working. I had some issues with my game recently, but have managed to fix everything (except the xeno) - and it's been playing great. I had a neighbor over last week to play, and also put in a bunch of games over the weekend. ...fun!
Enjoy a few new pics...

Try this

One of these should work, on the zeno retract
ebay.com link: 82 pcs Plastic Gear Package Kit DIY Gear Assortment accessories set for Toy Car

B08D9660-E34B-4D96-92B1-299E2B2A8A1D (resized).jpegB08D9660-E34B-4D96-92B1-299E2B2A8A1D (resized).jpeg

#20921 5 years ago

And thats all folks!

3A2ADC0A-89C2-4EF2-87C9-8577EE0C4935 (resized).jpeg3A2ADC0A-89C2-4EF2-87C9-8577EE0C4935 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#22147 5 years ago

Attention Alien owners
Final code is now available.
Message Helmut on Facebook for a copy!

Thanks again to Brian, David, Helmut, and Joe for getting this final release out to the owners!

4C07AC30-0CA6-4F60-BA77-DEB864FE104E (resized).jpeg4C07AC30-0CA6-4F60-BA77-DEB864FE104E (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#22370 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Interesting they don't appear to be in games before the extra screen. I assume they are there for ramp entrance switches that never happened.

I was told they were for ramp Entrance Signs that were removed ( like on Full Throttle)

471736D1-AE75-4FF6-9E91-AD0A06B10B21 (resized).jpeg471736D1-AE75-4FF6-9E91-AD0A06B10B21 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#22563 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The side panel art is different too (blue highlights like translite instead of green) and has “limited edition” below “Alien”.

Quoted from Damonator:

The side panel art is different too (blue highlights like translite instead of green) and has “limited edition” below “Alien”.

Originally the Art was supposed to ship like this.

0DE6CE7C-F849-4CEE-B11F-D8706FBD516A (resized).jpeg0DE6CE7C-F849-4CEE-B11F-D8706FBD516A (resized).jpeg3413836F-8A07-4BDD-9916-F5AAF52F7E09 (resized).jpeg3413836F-8A07-4BDD-9916-F5AAF52F7E09 (resized).jpeg
#22568 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Interesting! So did the same artist do the full size LE translite and the LE LCD translite? They look like similar art but are obviously different (notice the 3 xeno heads on each side of the title on the late run LEs).

Long story in this thread
Here is the reveal which never came to be.

1 week later
#22726 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wonder How many games Wayne has left?
They seem to be going quick.

Only the Pinball Brothers know that

I believe Helmet was final QC on all production Alien games and signed off as such.

Can any of the new LE owners post their stickers? It would be interesting to see if these units are still old stock or something else.

4F6C5452-EED2-4F4A-B7FD-84B88C2AD245 (resized).jpeg4F6C5452-EED2-4F4A-B7FD-84B88C2AD245 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#23105 5 years ago

Looks awesome!! Great job sir

3 weeks later
#23292 5 years ago

In for 2 sets!!

#23302 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can order them from Freeplay.
Just received a new set along with full Xeno mech.

iceman44 who is selling the Facehuggers? I need a set too..
Who is freeplay?
Thanks in advance

#23310 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks again for doing these! Just ordered mine.

Me too!

Thanks so much!!!!

#23339 5 years ago

Facehuggers arrived today!!
They look awesome, thanks Daniel

What a miserable experience trying to change them out.
The tiny bolts were rusted so i had to cut them off with my roto tool.
The whole assembly is a huge PITA to pull out as well...

Anyone know where to get new tiny bolts and nuts to replace? And what size?
Thanks!

3224ACAD-E4F2-47D2-AD10-CFBCCF8D326B (resized).jpeg3224ACAD-E4F2-47D2-AD10-CFBCCF8D326B (resized).jpeg99D95980-5051-4CB1-9352-8BEBD3E69698 (resized).jpeg99D95980-5051-4CB1-9352-8BEBD3E69698 (resized).jpegD9E0E1AB-605A-4C9E-AB58-B29F7D3FA28D (resized).jpegD9E0E1AB-605A-4C9E-AB58-B29F7D3FA28D (resized).jpegF1E2C997-2D75-4F7A-BCF9-5DB928C3C7EB (resized).jpegF1E2C997-2D75-4F7A-BCF9-5DB928C3C7EB (resized).jpeg
#23350 5 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

Just remove the two spring washers below the playfield by turning a small screwdriver in their gap. Then unscrew the whole slingshot assembly (3 screws) and lower it down. Now you can move the bent arm together with the facehugger away from both shafts. See pictures.
Btw the tiny screws are not rusted but Heighway shortened them with a side cutter, which ruined the threads.[quoted image][quoted image]

Any idea what size screw will work to attact the new one?

#23354 5 years ago

Amazon Baby!!!
https://www.amazon.com/HVAZI-Stainless-Phillips-Machine-Assortment/dp/B07BWBPV5G/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

These also fit WMS Microswitches so A great add to the tool kit
(Note, my error: I assembled Backwards in the Pic lol)

4FC072A7-BD76-4699-B442-407106F4C2EC (resized).jpeg4FC072A7-BD76-4699-B442-407106F4C2EC (resized).jpeg8EB3F8FD-2C69-442F-9067-ED3B72836E6E (resized).jpeg8EB3F8FD-2C69-442F-9067-ED3B72836E6E (resized).jpegB730236C-D6E3-48FF-BB4C-2B14897E9520 (resized).jpegB730236C-D6E3-48FF-BB4C-2B14897E9520 (resized).jpegF9152A08-4ABC-4384-B7AD-C70B7743323C (resized).jpegF9152A08-4ABC-4384-B7AD-C70B7743323C (resized).jpeg

F2732CC2-03B6-4553-BA65-86526A2C8F78 (resized).jpegF2732CC2-03B6-4553-BA65-86526A2C8F78 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#23436 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I got to work on the machine at the Museum of Pinball in Banning California this weekend. It has a peculiar problem that I think I temporarily fix, but I’d like to find a better solution. The issue is the game gets stuck in a ball save loop when ever the Ambush multi-ball starts. We fixed this by turning off the ball save, but I’d like to know what targets when hit will enable the ball save during the mode. I noticed the movement tracking graphics would stick with the movement at 19m when we had the ball save issue.

What version software are u running?

6 months later
#24343 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Seems like this side art was planned for production (the one below for limited edition).
Anyone knows if some has been produced? Never seen one
If it can be redone it would be great...
[quoted image]

The LE Art that the Game was supposed to ship with stated 35th Anniversary Edition and was supposed to come with the Brian Allen Backglass

07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg

#24348 4 years ago

The LE Art that the Game was supposed to ship with stated 35th Anniversary Edition and was supposed to come with the Brian Allen Backglass
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Art as Shown by Andrew for Alien day intended for the LE’s to ship with

#24353 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's almost like you haven't figured out that Andrew said a lot of things, before he was forced out of his own company. I just explained the entire story above, that video is meaningless.
Alien "LEs" are basically meaningless too. Don't lose sleep over it. If you like your 35th side art then enjoy it.

Pinside Rule #1 Be Nice

#24356 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've always considered this "LE" to mean "Last Edition"...
Mine is staying as I really do enjoy it (plays like nothing else I've touched), and that's all that really matters in the end....

Agreed, the game is great for sure!

Full Throttle is also alot of fun too (Abeit a theme nobody really wanted)
BCD (Brian) ( a good friend) did a great Job on the software too on FullT

He and Ferret and David T knocked it outta the park for Alien

#24359 4 years ago

Someone posted this cool side by side Backglass a while back....
Cool to see both styles

CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).pngCE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
1 month later
#24488 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Ok I can try that. Hope it works, just don’t want to do more damage

Try the below
Hopefully this will help you

75E375AA-73F2-4B2F-AB80-F3BC5408A8F3 (resized).png75E375AA-73F2-4B2F-AB80-F3BC5408A8F3 (resized).pngCB113F24-8C17-4828-9305-8F817C141086 (resized).pngCB113F24-8C17-4828-9305-8F817C141086 (resized).png3A543EE4-36D0-4635-A4E5-F27A12A64682 (resized).png3A543EE4-36D0-4635-A4E5-F27A12A64682 (resized).pngA7B56831-B3D2-4AAF-AC7E-0F090104DCDE (resized).pngA7B56831-B3D2-4AAF-AC7E-0F090104DCDE (resized).png38D8CEE3-E1FF-492E-AC50-11D10A49D00D (resized).png38D8CEE3-E1FF-492E-AC50-11D10A49D00D (resized).png1226A48A-A65E-4605-8705-83A7F63DAE3D (resized).png1226A48A-A65E-4605-8705-83A7F63DAE3D (resized).png58257831-E584-4BBB-B969-7145690157AB (resized).png58257831-E584-4BBB-B969-7145690157AB (resized).png9285D0FA-E443-4B18-8F4B-E8AB5379BB80 (resized).png9285D0FA-E443-4B18-8F4B-E8AB5379BB80 (resized).pngEA3411AA-94B4-4A20-A14F-C4A6E77960EC (resized).pngEA3411AA-94B4-4A20-A14F-C4A6E77960EC (resized).pngE15A4B50-E76E-4B63-8E4E-7BD6A03858F8 (resized).pngE15A4B50-E76E-4B63-8E4E-7BD6A03858F8 (resized).png
#24501 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Can we get the instructions as download PDF?

Any one who wants them send me a PM with email address and I am happy to forward a PDF copy
This is for the Zotac Computer only for Alien

#24511 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hey megaladon, glad you got out of your boot failure... you did that via weirpinball's instructions?
Howwwwever... you said you were moving from software 0.94 to 1.02. There are two major problems you may have with this:
1) I strongly suspect that the problem you're reporting with the lights is because your game has the 5-element GI "towers", which were not on the production machines and not supported by 1.x software. Your physical lights do not match the software mappings, which is why some lights are no longer working -- your GI lamps are gobbling up 4 more "places" than expected; the exact effect of this varies from one lamp chain to the next. There is no solution for this in the 1.x software... however, timebandit has reproduced lamps for the Heighway system, so your best solution may be to buy a bunch of those and replace all of your GI lamps with 1-element devices, and then the lights should work as expected.
2) You may find that your APC drop targets are not recognized correctly, because their polarity was reversed between prototype and production machines. Not quite sure of the best solution for this one.

Ferret would he have any issues upgrading to the Newer Computer since the Zotac is bound to fail again?

1 week later
#24630 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Speaking of code. I have an early FT Cabinet version of alien it was originally running .94, crashed Then I got it back running with 1.02. Just curious since it seems to work fine with that version in my original Zoltac Computer could I just upgrade to the full 1.2 version without any problems? The only thing I’m waiting on is timebandit To let me know when he has stock available for bulbs. Then on eventually move into upgrading the head to work. The tongue comes out and jaw opens after I replaced the motor, But it doesn’t seem to activate in the game no surprise. Interesting enough though when the magnet holds the ball it somehow deactivates the upper flipper and drop targets and mother hole On that switch string. It doesn’t look like it’s blowing any fuses it just somehow makes them stop working?

I finally upgraded my Zotac for my Alien LE
I was having issues with the IO Boards Losing connectivity no matter how many different cables and USB Hubs I tried.
Game plays flawlessly with the New computer.

I suggest any other Zotac Users Invest in the Upgraded Computer from Freeplay, it really made a difference for me.

7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
#24659 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Weird thing: running 1.2 but when magnet activates, Every once in a while it shuts down the upper right flipper? No fuses are blown. Any ideas? I’m not sure exactly when it happens but I thought it was when magnet engages turn the main off but now it seems to still do it.

Turn off your Shaker and see if the issue still happens

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Join_The_Cirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Join_The_Cirqus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.