DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoinTheCirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21995 5 years ago

Or these 6 stages are a great recipe for any project:
1. Unbridled enthusiasm
2. Complete dissolutionment.
3. Total panic
4. Search for the guilty
5. Punishment of the innocent
6. Praise and honor for the non-participants.

1 month later
#22373 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I was told they were for ramp Entrance Signs that were removed ( like on Full Throttle)

Wow that sounds like a future mod!

#22377 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Sell the damn thing
No item is with the stress
Even the money from this sale will give you stress
Donate some of it too a good cause close to your heart and the feel good vibe will come and last
Better then this F...ed up machine and whole story line

Sounds like he did sell it (separate thread)

#22385 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If he only has $15k, and he goes to Disneyland, how the hell is he going to afford even a single box of cookies?

#22391 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Good news I’m shipping it to HEP, if anyone can make it perfect, it’s him.
No guarantees, but I have faith.

Good heavens, is something wrong with it?

#22415 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got an LE coming my way!

Congrats! Where from?

#22435 5 years ago

Alien owners,
My start button is working but the light does not come on. I’ve looked at the connections and verified the bulb is working. Could someone take a picture of the start button wiring? I’d like to see if mine is wired correctly.

Thanks Michael

#22479 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Seems bizarre to me... if they had some games under their belt and offered a discount to guys screwed by another company, that would make more sense.. I'm not even sure I get the deeproot business plan at all, it seems like a joke.

I’m skeptical as well. Companies rarely take action on items that don’t have a tangible benefit for themselves. Perhaps they would want those “hosed” parties to sign over their rights to any recovery from Heighway etc to them. You can’t squeeze blood from a stone or insolvency, so I can’t see how that is of interest either.

2 weeks later
#22617 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I have one of the earliest prototypes, fortunately it has been upgraded in a lot of ways, so it isn't the electronic mess that it was.
Unfortunately it also has metal ramps that have seen a lot of play, so they don't look very nice, so I decided I was going to take them out and and polish them up, I got about a half hour into removing things and realized that it was going to be an absolute nightmare!! I've been working on pinball machines for 30 years, so I've encountered some pretty daunting repair/removal tasks, but this one took the cake. The more I looked at what was involved, the worse it got, so for the time being, I've put it on hold.
It appears that very little thought was put into repair accessibility, I guess that can be expected on a prototype, I just hope that the later machines aren't as intimidating, or Alien could prove to be the most difficult pin to do playfield work on ever made. I honestly can't imagine putting a playfield protector on, would take an immense amount of work.

Certainly on a smaller scale, but the rerubbering to white was the most difficult ones I’ve done on a pin.

5 months later
#23678 5 years ago

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but is there a way to reset the high score table?

2 months later
#23859 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I boughtplay station 3 joystick charging cables I sure enough it was the problem I would randomly lose board connections. Haven’t had issues since

Is this the recommended cable to buy to replace all 4 of the original cables? And should I also purchase those plastic wire mounts for the cables (I’m not sure what these are called, you attach them to the underside of the playfield to keep the cables in a secure position away from the rest of the guys under the playfield) ?

#23863 5 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

Here is one source for the "plastic mounts": https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5253-01
They help avoid / limit force effects on the board connectors and you can keep the cables away from electromagnetic disturbances (EMC) caused by the main wiring harness on the right side in the picture.
[quoted image]

Perfect, thank you!

3 months later
#24569 4 years ago

Perhaps you can get that $ over the pond...mostly.

1 month later
#24797 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So who wants to trade an Alien for a TWD premium pinball refinery edition with topper, color dmd, powder costed everything and pinstaidums amongst 15 other mods. Hit me up I want my second one. This time. One that works. Lol.

Quoted from VividPsychosis:

So who wants to trade an Alien for a TWD premium pinball refinery edition with topper, color dmd, powder costed everything and pinstaidums amongst 15 other mods. Hit me up I want my second one. This time. One that works. Lol.

Wow that trade would be off by thousands of dollars, maybe 2 TWD premiums?

3 weeks later
#25036 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Good job, but your speaker panels are very dark sideways to the edges. You should upgrade that.

Wish I could!

#25071 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello Guys,
I have finished the installation instruction and prepared it for download.
I hope you will understand my advice and that my English is not that bad?
If you have any suggestions or improvements don't hesitate to contact me.
[quoted image]
regards
Averell

Ok, here’s a suggestion. Make more of them!

#25197 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Then I have JP LE on the way, 3 weeks they said ! I mean my wife is going to kill me. I have no room, she was about to leave when Black Knight Le showed up.. what am I going to do! I think I will get it shipped to my parents house, store it there until I do have room. Then she wont know. And everything has to be damn limited edition. Limited edition this, collector edition that.. only 500 made of this, 100 of that.. Im tired of it! Im going to have a panic attack!
I should have just stuck with my MMR LE sitting in the corner all by itself.. but no... Alien LE with green trim, last of its kind.. oh la la la la.
I think I need a vacation.... away.

Sounds like maybe some time with the wife is in order! I think most of us have been there at one time or another

1 week later
#25255 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes I think you are right. U guys r going to think I’m a weirdo but my wife and I had a hard time conceiving so we hired a shaman . He came to the house and wanted me to get rid of all my pinball machines and said there was a vortex in the basement . He said there were also unwelcome people in the backyard . He did a ceremony and ever since then my wife and I don’t have nightmares anymore and we have a baby now . When I used to be in the basement I would feel like
Something was behind me and this cold wind would be on my neck . Made me shiver . Ever since his ceremony it went away

Some would say too much information. I say bring it!

#25277 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Thanks! It was Pain to get the speaker cutout right without glare coming through but I made it with 1.00 scrap piece of acrylic at a local shop, a grinder, 3.00 piece of metal gutter cover, and a jigsaw. Sure it ain’t perfect but turned out not too bad.

You did a great job on that!

1 month later
#25562 4 years ago

USB wires. It’s difficult to read through thousands of posts on this topic. I’d like to purchase the “cream of the crop” USB connectors, could someone please tell me which ones to purchase?

Thanks Michael

1 week later
#25643 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stay tuned. Soon.

Hmmm...

#25662 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dig it up Dungy. Have a drink and then think about TBL in that same thread.
Read my post above. What is it about Dec 31 that you don’t get?

Ok, I’m just curious. Exactly who is going to remake this pin? All I’ve heard is difficult hurdles to overcome for this to happen.

#25664 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you familiar with Pinball Brothers?
Making pinball is not easy apparently

Apparently.

1 week later
#25718 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's great that people are going to get to play a fantastic re engineered awesome beautiful Alien pinball machine.
It's gonna be really interesting to see who diverts what other pinball funds to get this game.
Code and callouts are great. Video and sound are the best on any pin I've ever played or owned BY FAR, thanks to David Thiel.

I’ll ask My friend David T myself

#25719 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's great that people are going to get to play a fantastic re engineered awesome beautiful Alien pinball machine.
It's gonna be really interesting to see who diverts what other pinball funds to get this game.
Code and callouts are great. Video and sound are the best on any pin I've ever played or owned BY FAR, thanks to David Thiel.

It’s weird dude. I’ve got nothing against you, but you’re kind of gloating, lording over this like you’re holding the golden goose, trying to goad people into betting against you. Just doesn’t feel like a cool thing to be doing IMO.

#25724 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No dude, I'm not holding shit, just tried to be a nice guy and let people know what was coming way back only to get the typical Pinside treatment, which of course, won't let you be a nice guy.
So take it however the F you want to take it! I'm speaking to THOSE people, smart ass negative know it alls that actually know nothing yet love to shit all over anything positive here. Mocking, bitching and whining about what. The production of a new Alien game is POSITIVE and EXCITING. That's it. LOL
Then again, seeing is believing.
And what are going to ask your friend David about? The huge compliment i gave him? He works for Deeproot

Exciting times indeed!

1 week later
#25773 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm pretty sure one of the people in the know said the tabs on the ramps were for mounting some kind of ramp entrance signs that were later cancelled.

A mod for ramp entrance signs would be cool..

2 weeks later
#25814 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

She's in, man!
Same here when we celebrated the unboxing party in June... all the invited girls played the ALIEN and they were so excited... "Huuuhhh, Yeeahhhh, Diieeeeeeeeee sucker!
Friend on the last picture would win a lookalike contest for Sigourney, doesn't she?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great pics, exciting. Yes she does look a bit like Ripley!

3 weeks later
#25870 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Acrylic Speaker Panels were produced in very limited number, no more available and no reroduction in the future on my side.
I'm sorry but it's too expensive due to costs of material and secured delivery.

Just charge more.

1 month later
#26038 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Same happened to me, had to replace the LCD and issue was gone.

I know I’ve seen this in a much earlier post, but could you tell us the replacement lcd to order?

3 weeks later
#26178 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I made 3 resin 3D printed hypersleep chambers... Will need some work to make the acrylic cover and finishing it up. Its a little rough finish now[quoted image]

Will you be selling these?

#26244 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why are you saying this? Because you know, or because you dont want it remade?

The man knows.

#26294 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So with the "Alien" mode inserts on the left, and the "Aliens" mode inserts on the right, i opted to place the respective spacecraft placards on the front of the cabinet (The USCSS Nostromo on the left, and the USS Sulaco on the right (attached reversibly with double sided tape)). I think this adds adds integration of the ships into the game and gives a cool look to the face of the machine.
Also I wanted to share a couple other playfield additions, namely Jonesy the cat hovering over on the right mocking all the shots you miss while you try and catch him, and a Micro APC vehicle that i attached to a hovering aluminum strip above the APC targets.
I think these additions look cool, are non-obstructive to gameplay and add some additional integration to the whole experience.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like your additions, I have them to add to mine as well!

4 weeks later
#26525 4 years ago

Those look fantastic, I’d love to buy a set as well if they were for sale...

1 month later
#26661 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This game was so much fun. Shame such few were made. Fortunately I was able to play it a few times. My Alien money is now going to Rick and Morty.

Sorry to hear you’re taking a step down

3 weeks later
#26699 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

I need some quick advice. I found an Alien SE fairly local to me. Has beacons, comes with an extra complete set of plastics and some extra boards. $14k is the least he will take. I feel like that is high. Thoughts? My gut says no, its not worth that yet. Unfortunately I need to act quickly if Im going to get it. Thanks!

It’s going to keep rising, it won’t stay at $14k, plus it has some extra parts that cost some $$$.

#26744 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Man this pin seems like a lot of work. I was in on a preorder with Heighway, never received one but like to check in to see what's happening in the community. It sees like there are always repairs going on with this thing. Is that the case? Such a fun game though.

It’s worth it

1 week later
#26827 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Spent some time working on mine tonight. Leds are fixed. Game seems to play correctly minus the head not being connected and the switch for L on the upper roll overs. Did manage to drop the pf on my hand from 4-6 inches, do try to avoid that.

Sounds like your hand protected the playfield or siderail from getting dinged. I like to call that instinct.

#26832 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If this kids mom knitted this costume she has mad skills!
[quoted image]

Best costume I’ve ever seen...

3 weeks later
#27060 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Have just completed a proto of a Motion Tracker mod.
Sits on the shooter box and has a spinning Weyland logo.
When a ball is placed in the shooter lane a Motion Tracker animation is set off.
Boot sequence
Ingame sequence
[quoted image]

Whoa! I want one as well....

1 week later
#27160 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Everybody is so touchy when you mention the word “remake”, LOL. I’m not gonna say who from but I did hear it’s in the works. I was given some nice details on it. Personally I hope it’s remade because I’ll buy that one too if it’s any good! Me, im not scared of a remake. I welcome it! I don’t think it will hurt the value of these machines. Frankly, the value of these machines is what people are willing to pay and that’s about it anyway. Depends on who’s willing to sell one and the value goes up if there’s only one for sale, LOL. I paid 14k for mine. It’s not easy to find someone who’s willing to drop that much coin on a pinball machine so I’d probably come out on the losing side if I sold anyway. But It’s one of a kind, full of history and i like it! And if its in fact remade and they remove the playfield monitor or stuff it all into a smaller cabinet or change the sound, it’s going to change the game and won’t be as good in my opinion. But hell, bring on some crazy ass good remake! If it’s got some nicely added details, functions well and has some cool special effects and toys, that’s my jam. My favorite movie franchise and I’ll take one!

Uh, I’ll call bullshit. You “heard” it’s in the works. Right. I’ll bet there’s a few of us that know people fairly close to this situation, and no, there’s nothing happening on this end. It’s dead. But you’re not gonna say who, we’ll just need to take your word on it. Please. Stop stirring up the pot.

#27166 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Discussing a remake is not “stirring the pot”. Most Alien owners say they are not gonna ever sell their game anyway so why does it even matter? And like 5 people ago said to create another thread to discuss this subject. Your about a week late on throwing your punches and adding to an already redirected topic. Chill.

Well, when you’re ready to put up or back down, I’ve got $1,000 I’ll put up on this bet. We’ll find an online escrow site that will hold Both of our funds. We’ll set a reasonable date of when this phantom machine will be available to see who’s right and who’s full of it, and it’ll be set. Sound good?

#27174 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Man, this is a really tough crowd. Very unnecessary crowd at that. I made one comment because somebody asked the question on a remake and like eight guys ago was told this is not the thread. I let it go at that point. But the late comers really want to dig their heels in. And I agree, let it go. This is not the thread. We don’t have to agree. And you can disagree and still be friends even! There’s no need to be rude or hateful in your responses. It’s OK to discuss things like grownups. I’m letting it go. Y’all really should too. Before I bought my machine, one of the other members of this group told me what a great group of people were here. It’s one of the reasons I bought the game. We are all adults still, right? It’s just a pinball game. Settle down. My last reply on this.
[quoted image]

Yes you keep saying you’re done, but then also the “let it go” or “settle down” comments are there as well with a cute picture for a 10 year old. Which is it. You said, your words, that you heard they were being remade, AND you got some details on it. Now you’re tucking your tail between your legs and want to just drop it. Fine, I’ll drop it, but I know you’re spouting BS. Late comer my ass, you just posted not too long ago. I know it feels like fun to have special news, but people following groups like this really follow it, man. You can’t just mouth off and not expect someone to say “huh?

#27184 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

The picture I posted was exactly for you! Because you’re acting like a five-year-old. Figured you might understand with a picture. Obviously i was wrong. Its this kind of foolishness that makes the hobby not fun. Delt31 said it best. Don’t like when I mentioned, breathe and move on. It was one little comment. Grow up.

Yes with your whopping 75 posts you definitely know the crowd. At least admit you made it up and we can all move on. Deflecting it and acting like a whiner doesn’t change the lies of “one little comment”, seriously.

1 month later
#27622 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I read about a cool Alien iPhone case and thought others here might like it.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/619967354/iphone-x66s78-the-alien-bones-case[quoted image]

how am I supposed to cram that in my front pocket?

1 week later
#27624 3 years ago

Question on these mini beacons. They have 3 wires. Is there 1 wire that is not used?
Thanks, Michael

C4C78CFC-629A-4BDC-B5AA-FE85AA91D072 (resized).jpegC4C78CFC-629A-4BDC-B5AA-FE85AA91D072 (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#27625 3 years ago

Hi, is anyone selling the 3D bezel for the 5” dmd display?

2 months later
#28053 3 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

I made the LEDs, but I don´t write often here, because my english is not the best, sorry for that.
My Alien was a early prototype, so I needed spare parts. I remade the slingshot LED, the normal Insert and GI LED, the target switches with LED and the bumper LED.
I made them mainly for my private use. But I know, other Alien owner will also need it.
For the slingshot LEDs I made a batch with 100 pieces full assembled and soldered PCBs, they are all sold. They are with two front and one rear LED.
I am also working on a tester for Alien components. You can make different tests on LEDs, Switches, JAW servo, stepper motor....but more info when it is done, if there is interest.
I don´t have the time to manage orders, shipping etc. And I have no commercial interest, I do this for a price that only covers my cost. For example the Slingleds were 4$/piece.
Also at the moment, the shipping cost to US is very high.
My suggestion would be , that I can order one batch of all my PCBs (fully assembled and soldered), when I have also finished my tester, and if there is also interest. Then we can make one group-buy, and one package to every country/continent. The distribution in every country/continent have to make a Alien owner.
Sascha

I would certainly be interested in purchasing those as well!

1 week later
#28195 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Yeah I’m taking it out of context as you try to throw down more insults. You dont belong here with that attitude either. Scroll past what you don’t want to read dude.

Grow up a little, please!

#28230 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Did you ever make this bet a few months ago?
You sure sounded arrogant.

Nope. He passed. Just interested in everyone sharing info. Thanks for your belated interest.

1 week later
#28291 3 years ago

Question for you guys. Can this LED strip from game room.no plug into somewhere inside Alien?
Thanks, Michael

https://www.gameroom.no/product/led-strip-flexconnect-with-3528-smd-leds-100-cm/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoinTheCirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=JoinTheCirqus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.