pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 9 years ago

Deposit sent, I absolutely love Sci-Fi and Aliens is the top of the mountain for me!

1 year later
#2870 8 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Not getting responses from Heighway (via email) to questions about game progression. Given recent history of prepay pinball, I find this disconcerting. Deposit on LE game more than 3 months ago.

All news that is availible to the public is in this thread. I would speculate that they get hundreds if not thousands of emails asking the same questions over and over and they have to answer with the same response that is availible on many forums and that the person asking probably already knows but wants some other insight not availible in a public setting. I personally would never have the patience for what some of these manufacturers go through. The great part is, if I am nervous or not interested in waiting any longer I can very eisly get my money refunded. No offense to Heighway, PPS, JJP or anyone else for that matter but I don't put a deposit on anything with money I can't handle loosing worse case scenario. That allows me to just sit back and wait without overly stressing about it. It comes when it comes and hopefully I'll like it. If not, it goes away and I move on to the next. I don't need my hobby adding any drama or stress to my life, those are usually called "jobs".

3 months later
#5230 8 years ago

Looks like the balls that are locked by the mouth may drop through the hole next to the left pop? That seems to be exactly where the underside if the jaw would be. Just my guess.

1 month later
#5604 7 years ago

I just hope my order was early enough (10/23/14) to be one of the first to get it. I don't think I can take watching others playing it and going without!

The sci-fi in my DNA would probably explode....

2 months later
#6822 7 years ago

Wire in a go pro on top feeding the 27" so your family can laugh at all the stupid faces you make while you play pinball

2 weeks later
#6960 7 years ago

Very exited for my day one order to arrive. Will we be contacted to choose options or should we reach out to Heighway? Screen size, maybe chrome option like on FTH, Etc?

#6991 7 years ago

Is it molded into the Playfield like an insert or is it replaceable like on Creech?

4 weeks later
#7325 7 years ago

That much closer to my LE#8! Day one order and I am definitely starting to get pumped. Just sold my Tron and this will definitely help me get over the remorse of selling it and the gaping void left in my line up..... stupid carpet dimples!

1 month later
#8059 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its showing 7100 dollars for the LE on the site right now? I can't find the video and I'm getting upset, Whats happening?

It's on the home page of the website, click and wait for it to start.

#8222 7 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

My god, I just told my wife no Ripley and she told me to cancel our order! Someone help!

Tell her she gets to BE Ripley!

Even better

#8627 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, i hope they are able to work it out so that black nickel or something similar is an option. The only way i see myself wanting a green is if it's something prismatic, textured, etc. like some of these

I like the first photo. It's green yet gritty just like aliens. Something I would imagine being on the Dropship.

1 week later
#8825 7 years ago
Quoted from bane:

An easy way to make money for Heighway and to appease traditionalists: manufacture decals for the "blank spaces" on the cabinet that are sold to customers and applied in the factory.
For those who plan to keep the game intact and not swap out play fields, this provides a more standard appearance. It could be a way to further distinguish an LE model from the standard.
Just an idea.

This is a great idea. Mine won't ever not be an Alien and I would love extra eggs or other Alien type atmosphere on the sides as long as it complimented the existing artwork.

2 months later
#10041 7 years ago

Would love to see the final version with the full chrome option as well as high rez images of the other two in order to help me decide. I am definitely thinking chrome for this one though.

#10205 7 years ago

Would there be room to recess the bottom portion into the bb so just the lenses were visible? I've never seen a HW pin in person so am unsure of their dimensions.

1 month later
#11494 7 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Unfortunately, Fox may try to push the new reboot currently in production. Here's the cast:

Tell me that's not really a thing!

1 month later
#12547 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Well as soon as Heighway gets back to me. I'm in and paid in full. 27" LCD, shaker, EL blades, beacon lights, fiber optic ramps, PDI glass.
It's an LE without the special artwork i guess...

Not interested in the gloss black cabinet, powder coating, le plaque/goodie bag, LE art, and any other potential bonuses in getting the LE for the $280 difference?

#12550 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Not really, nor waiting several months for it. If the artwork is holding it up.

Gotcha, for early purchases with the price being $300 less it's basically right at your price point for the LE (minus the glass and display). Very valid point on the wait though.

3 weeks later
#13234 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Okay. Just watched the Alien Day video. Does it seem like the numerous zip-ties for the fiber optics were super-noticeable? Maybe just nit-picking but they seemed somewhat obtrusive. I used to have a Tron with Eli's kit and don't remember that many ties. Maybe there were. I simply don't remember.
Anyhow, looking good. I'm not preordering but if this game pans out like I think it will I can definitely see myself getting one in the future.

The zip ties did jump out to me as well. Not sure if it was because there were so many, they were white, or what. I had a Tron pro with the ramp mod I installed as well.

Maybe the material is such that it needs much closer and frequent anchor points? Maybe they juyst went crazy on the mounts?

#13298 6 years ago

I'm framing mine in a light box, that LE BB art is too pretty to be displaced by my LCD screen. Of course I am assuming that I am going to still get the translate even with the BB LCD upgrade (I certainly expect to).

#13301 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I'm framing my SE art in a lighted backbox as well. The full art that I paid extra $$ for. The LE buyers who think they are getting four blackglasses I think will be in for a surprise. You're going to get the LE and SE art yes, but it'll other be a set of full images for the no LCD buyers, or a set of the crop jobs for the 27" LCD buyers. I'm going to guess that Highway will make a set of full image backglasses available to LE LCD buyers for an additional $100-150. And it'll never show up on a price list, it's going to be something you'll have to request.

I'm not sure where the 4th is coming from? If the price of all 4 side blades and 2 translites are in the LE price structure then I am also assuming the bezel with minimal artwork required for the addition of the LCD display in the BB is included in the LCD upgrade price of $550. They print these in house, the plastic and printing can't be that much. Hopefully that is correct. I certainly wouldn't expect to pay $100-$150 additional for a piece of clear plastic with some eggs on it to be able to pay them an additional $550 for the LCD.

#13305 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Order a game, see what they say. I did already, and I know what I was told. Extra BG=extra $$.

I did, day one. I'm number 8 I believe. I never heard anything about any of this because frankly it was nowhere near being on the radar then....

#13391 6 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi Bryno
Thanks for clearing that up for me. So the 27" back box with the recently released art work doesn't come with any LCD incorporated?

The 27" doesn't refer to the size of the back box, it refers to the size of the LCD upgrade in the back box.

2 weeks later
#13911 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

The problem I had is they are these with black bases $11 each:
ebay.com link » 24vdc Yellow Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp With Speaker Spiral Fixed
I actually purchased these, lower profile but it will be more of a strobe effect than rotating, but $6 each:
ebay.com link

*gasp* ohh the horror, what Alien sacrilege! How could you!?!

2 months later
#15794 6 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Would be interesting to know if they will decrease the price if they going to remove the fibre optic ramps ..... I guess it was a add on of nearly 600 USD (within the LE package) compare to SE.

This! As someone with an LE on order, this makes the math not work out. I will expect a price reduction or a credit towards other upgrades (I would settle for a 28" monitor instead). I don't have the screen grabs or my numbers around anymore but it wasn't a cheap upgrade for the fiber when I was doing the math to decide which to buy.

#15862 6 years ago

I just want the BB screen and I'll consider it even for my LE.

1 week later
#15945 6 years ago

Latest info I received on the dropping of the fiber optics and the compensation for the LE customers:

"We are indeed removing the fibre optic ramps from the limited edition of Alien Pinball. You are correct that there would be a disparity between the price and the features originally stated. We do not have a substitution for the removal of this feature to announce at this point in time but we will be informing customers of the relevant replacement for this feature. This could take the form of replacement parts or indeed a financial discount. We have not settled on a final decision for this issue but as stated we will inform you once a decision is made."

1 week later
#16217 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hmmm, what do others in on a LE think would be a fair resolution to removing the fiber optic lighting?

Something of equal cost. No offense to anyone that wants glass as a replacement but I don't want a $300 sheet of glass for a $600 upgrade. I want the $550 monitor or a $600 refund. I'd also settle for the chrome package.

1 month later
#16964 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's actually a Braveheart reference

You have to say it with your lunger coughing up blood voice...... Don't worry, I totally got it

1 month later
#18638 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been in since 10/21/14..who's still in that's in my timeline?

10/19/14 here, still in.

#18641 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

BAMM!!! congrats, pinbro...beat me by 2 days....good Alien times await....

I hope so, been waiting patiently for a while lol.

#18706 6 years ago

Letter From the new team at HWP:

Hi

We are writing to update you as you committed to buy a pinball machine from Heighway Pinball, before we took over management of the company from Andrew Heighway in early June. There has also been much speculation on the various Pinball forums, and from some journalists, about what is going on at the company so we wanted to tell your directly as you have a vested interest in our company!

Nearly 6 months ago, we took over a business with a not quite finished Alien machine, an empty bank account, many refund requests, paid for and deposit down orders, supplier and other bills and hardly any parts at the factory with which to make machines.

We had hoped that more of you would have had their machines by now but due to technical delays, unforeseen bills and more refund requests than anticipated, to mention some, it is taking a little longer than we planned. We think that the extra time we are spending on quality control is paying off. The feedback we are now receiving on the Alien is good from customers. There are still improvements to be made but we are working on these every day.

We know that it has been frustrating sitting on the outside not knowing what is happening, but it has been just as frustrating for us, due to all the unknowns and uncertainties that have emerged since June. If we say something one week, we might have to change it the next week due to new developments. The difficult aspect for us is, as proven, whenever we have said anything it has been twisted and turned on social media and some of it has spun out of control. That is why we have decided to limit information from our side on these forums and keep our focus on getting the product out of the door at the right quality. We also see that many of the social media comments are honest reactions and comments, but some seem to be posted to pour gasoline on the fire, even from people that we do not have on our order book. We hope you can understand our choice of ”silence” in this matter. Factory updates will be posted on our Facebook page. We promise to be in direct contact with all of our pre-order customers with good news and bad and, as soon as we have the planned production week for your machine, we will tell you. We hope to have delivered the machines to all of you by late Q1 2018, but please don’t kill us if it takes a little longer. Unforeseen challenges surface every week and we solve them and keep moving forward.

All of the investors, that have now stepped in, were in the same situation as all of you until June, with ”lost money” on anything from a pre-order deposit payment to mulitple fully paid for machines. Just to make it clear, none of us have received any machines yet either and we have put all of our old "money down" orders at the back of the production queue. We will not get any machines we paid for before June until you have yours.

It was a big decision for us to step in and a very significant financial and time commitment. We believe that the prospects for those that ordered machines is much, much better now than they were in May.

We have made real progress and are now shipping the re-vamped SE machine, with much improved code and are working on further improvements. As we posted on our Facebook page, the next run of machines to be shipped will include both SEs and LEs and we know most of you have pre-ordered LE machines. We have paid many refunds dating from the pre-June period and we have also made amends to some who received pinball machines from Andrew Heighway.

In order to maximise production of machines for our Distributors and for you, we have adopted a clear strategy and cashflow plan that prioritises production of machines over all aspects of the business. In this regard, we have a production/ cashflow schedule that deliberately spreads the shipping of pre-ordered machines and remaining refunds from the previous CEO's time over a number of months. Similarly on the fixes for the machines shipped in the first months of this year. You will get your machines but we will not ship them all together. We have to do it this way if we are to continue to turn this business around, having decided to save it in June. We have your orders and plan to ship to you all. Some of your orders date back to 2014!

On the LEs, there are two coming pieces of news. Firstly, the 3 trims of the LE are currently being made up. Once we have them back at the factory, we will show you pictures of the production choices you have; Black, Blue and Green. In addition, we have negotiated with Roman Glass the option to supply their Roman/ PDI glass on our machines. This add on is offered at $250/ £195/ €220 once Roman's first pallet arrives at the factory during December.

The technical aspects and the support for the games is one of our primary focuses. At this moment in time we do not have a complete technical manual for the machines but this is currently in development as an online resource. The support structure for customers is also going through a transition as we hope to help in any way possible with any issues that may arise with the machine. This is a process and we are improving our procedures every dayto get the best possible online reasources.

We are hard at work here and wholy committed to getting machines to you all as soon as we can. This has been a difficult situation for all parties involved but we are getting through these difficulties together. Fundamentally we are all passionate about pinball and want to see the expansion of this great hobby. Alien is the first step to this and with the commitment from all of us here at Heighway Pinball we will make this expansion a reality.

We hope that this update is helpful.

The Management

3 months later
#20373 6 years ago

Day 1 (10/20/14) order direct through HP and this is the first good news I've directly received since the game was announced.

"I am contacting you today with potentially good news. We have had a customer drop out from the production schedule of the Alien Pinball LE. This means that we will be able to get a machine to you sooner rather than later. If you would like to take advantage of this situation that would be great as we can fulfil your order sooner rather than later.

If you could please contact me promptly if you would like to take advantage of this situation. The trim colour that we will be able to offer you is green as this is the colour that the machine has been produced in. We can certainly add your unique LE number to the machine. To fully take advantage of this opportunity we would require that the remaining balance be settled for the machine plus the shipping.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you promptly and your decision on this opportunity."

#20437 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So BigD you think they are offering up a pin(s) that are already part of the "Cointaker container" to us early deposit guys?

I know this isn't the case, at least from the response I received to my reply to their offer. They are offering it to me shipped direct from them and as long as I don't want to change any options, shortly after payment. It sounds like all these emails recently received are pins on the line and ready to be wrapped up now.

1 week later
#20507 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

We haven't heard much about the newest run. Anyone?

The last thing I heard was them verifying my shipping address to get a shipping quote. I responded with my new address and haven't heard back in about a week.

#20511 6 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

According to HP they only ship to cointaker in the USA. I did pay the extra door to door 300 bucks when I first pre ordered, but later after the shake up they let us know they were shipping all games to cointaker only.

They stated they are shipping to me directly a few weeks ago when I specifically asked if it was going to be transitioned to CT.

#20523 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Any update on this? Trying to keep track of what is going on but it is very hard. Emailing CT for two weeks and no response

Not since 4 hours ago lol. I would assume my email was lost in the inbox but I'm in no hurry to send them the rest so whatever, I'm fine being lost in the inbox.

#20539 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Watch for signs of choking and seizure from your wife at the dinner table.

Thought for sure you were going to say "watch her chest"...... I'm always on the lookout for that with mine.

#20591 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That looks like a very soft plastic.

Agreed, there should be a metal sleeve with a few ribs into the plastic in the center of the gear.

1 week later
#20778 5 years ago

If you call facehuggers scorpions, should you have to give your game up? That's got to be some sort of code right?

2 weeks later
#21956 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get it. I dropped $1500 in 2014 on a deposit.
Live and learn, I figured this was going down the toilet years ago.
Wasn't going to pay a dime on the recent "container shipments" anyhow that Cointaker tried to facilitate.
The whole crew are a bunch of DB's and way past time to flush that turd.

Yep, day one deposit here too. I knew I was gambling when I sent the payment. Life's too short to get bent over $1500. Would definitely have been a little tougher writing off the full payment though. I luckily resisted their payment demand years ago as well as months ago. Was tempted though....

2 months later
#22529 5 years ago

Everyone knows how to run everyone else's business better than they do, it's an age old internet fact that's been around as long as the internet has. Like it or not, a hit as large as 100K plus to a small business is devastating and sometimes not recoverable from. As much as you want a small business to have that kind of liquidity sitting around for the worst possible case scenario, it's just not a reality for the majority of small businesses. Many operate very tight to the line as they try to grow their business to the point that they can be in that kind of position.

I am sure Mellissa and team are doing everything they can to get people paid back as timely as possible. As a customer who lost money to HWP and has no chance to get anything back, I would respectfully put out there to maybe retain some level of perspective on the situation and do what you can to give as much support and patience to the Cointaker team while they try to make things right for everyone else all the while having little to no recourse for themselves.

4 months later
#23565 5 years ago

So I haven't checked this thread in 521 posts. Did someone all of a sudden come into the picture and decide they want to give me my money back....?

Assuming not, any other significant news I might have missed?

#23569 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You just missed a bunch of owners trying to help other owners fix and maintain their cool Aliens pinball.
Aside from that, nothing new

Gotcha, thanks for the update! Best of luck keeping them running 100% to those who ended up with one. I hope to play one someday.

11 months later
#25703 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

which sources ?

"Top....Men"

3 years later
#29618 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I got ripped off from a well known Alien modder. Totally ripped off. Be careful sending money to modders overseas, use only paypal with protection, never F and F.
You have been warned!

Any heads up on who we should avoid? I understand not wanting to put someone on blast but if they didn't want to be called out, then they shouldn't steal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.