DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12606 7 years ago

Spent some time on Alien last night.

Very very impressed.

3 weeks later
#13386 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

I clicked on the buy button and the SE says at the top that it's £5,650 but it says down the bottom that it's £5,100. I'm not really buying, just curious.

It's been like this for so long. It has been pointed out many times , I have no idea why it hasn't been corrected Confusing for potential buyers

#13514 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My guess is these are hitting local customers on his side of the pond, and yes, there are substantial people that buy these things that don't post here ( can't say I blame them, actually)....

AFAIK in the UK pin community there is one Alien out on site, in London. Maybe machines have been shipped to UK customers outside the pin community ?? .... but certainly on the main UK forum people haven't heard of any and are still waiting. Don't know about the rest of Europe, I think Andy said games had been sent to 6 countries now ?

One of the guys was told cash and carry from the factory for a SE will be possible end of May. So hopefully they are getting there ...slowly.

#13517 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

You mean other UK forum? There's a more popular forum than Pinside?

Yep

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/

1 month later
#15084 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pinball is crazy expensive now. Stern Premium price point has hit $7300 (street) with Star Wars, I dunno what to say. This is what it costs now to buy new pins I guess. I don't know anything about new Heighway prices, but with the big LCD upgrade cost it looks like Alien has been put in line with Stern.
I'm pretty much done at these prices myself, but with the way people are scrambling to buy the Star Wars LE even without any real upgrades to make it special or what they're paying for Dialed In far be it from me to say anything is dead.

Spare a thought for us UK Pinheads ........ a Premium is £8495 / $10995 .......!!!

1 week later
#15249 6 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

I'm not crazy about the theme either. DI just plays better than Alien.

I spent several hours playing Alien in a private collection. Whilst I loved the whole look and sounds of the game and I am a fan of the theme, I just couldn't help feel it isn't the game for me.

Hard to put my finger on but I'm just not sure how much *fun* it actually is. I was also surprised how 'clunky clonky' it was ...noise of the mechs etc ... I dunno, regardless what has happened I was very glad I hadn't put money down before playing. I have no doubt its a decent game, but just not the game for me.

2 months later
#16698 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm kinda surprised the first 100 or so didn't just ship in the U.K...

To begin with I very much doubt they have sold that many in the UK. The market here for NIB is *small*

Also amongst the hardcore pin crowd most have given up/lost all faith in Heighway pinball. Nobody is really talking about it anymore .The few that I know that did have orders bailed out some time ago. Doesn't help that here in the UK we are now being asked to buy through a middle man at hugely jacked up price.

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/new-pinball-machines/alien-pinball-machine.html

Currently GB£7500 ......which is approx US$10100

1 week later
#16842 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

One gone up on eBay in the UK. 1st one I have seen on there for sale.
It has the 27" in it but a bit steep at £8995 ono. That is £1K over RRP of a new one (which are already now overpriced IMO).
Now that ALIEN machines are clearly leaving the factory in numbers you would be mad to pay that much over RRP surely? Especially as it seems that Heighway have revamped (and re ramped) a lot of the components in recent weeks..

That's from a well known pin dealer .... most of the early UK ones were quickly sold on by the buyers....read into that what you will.

#16936 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What's their plan for available parts/future games? I haven't been following too closely but I know there was a shakeup in the company. What does everyone think the future may hold for them?

Personally I'd say right now the chances of a 3rd Heighway game is looking decidedly shaky. Hope I'm wrong .... but things need to *really* pick up imo for that to happen.

4 months later
#19849 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-"We are super proud of Alien, a magnificent pinball based on one of the ultimate licenses. In stock now with Cointaker/Nitro, etc"
And basically sell the shit out of Alien, for now. Find new outlets for sale.

Turning their back on the local market in the UK didn't help. More expensive here than RTW can buy Using a distributor here who has a very poor rep in the pinball scene There is little interest now in Alien on the UK scene. Which is frankly ridiculous but they can only blame themselves.

4 weeks later
#20246 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

The fact pinball heaven is not selling them says a lot
It’s a Shame as the game actually looks really good

Interest in Alien in the UK is pretty much zero. Which is ridiculous considering they are made here. They only have themselves to blame though- good luck with a 2nd game, I can't see anyone pre ordering after this shambles.

1 week later
#20347 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Imagine what this will be like in 20 years, with the company a long distant memory and no parts available?

Imagine what it will be like in 2 years ......

1 week later
#20388 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If you still have an deposit down on one of these & got that email, I think you would seriously need to speak with a priest before taking that leap of faith.
With everything we know (and basically still don't), I don't know how anyone today could send them their final payment. I know I couldn't. No way in hell. That's a huge problem for them.
I would be shocked if the doors are still open in 2019.

Agree. There cannot be many orders being placed with how things are right now !?! They can't announce a new game yet , and who would put money down on that anyway.... so unless someone is happily throwing money at this whole debacle surely its only a matter of time.

I hate to be so down on a UK based pinball company but this is in a tailspin now surely

3 weeks later
#20616 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is the theme of Heighway’s third pin? Any idea when it will be anoounced? Maybe Allentown n X-ray month?

Most sources seem to say Queen.... though not confirmed afaik.

I have also heard Playboy mentioned in rumours of future Heighway licences.

1 week later
#20890 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

So there is a working Alien on location in London? I’ll be there in a few weeks, even if it looks like I’ll never get a game I’d like to see “what could’ve been” and I’d the game actually flips/sounds as good as everyone says.

Just check website for opening hours - usually Thurs pm /Fri/Sat but do check before turning up

http://flipoutlondon.com/

#20895 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Word on the street is that there will be information released later regarding Heighway Pinball

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#21546 5 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Since we're newbies we thought it would be a good idea to get a new pinball machine to reduce possible problems and service maintenance etc. Alien was going to be that game, The Full Throttle we have we got at a very good price directly from HP, it was always supposed to be moved on later for Alien. You make a good point though perhaps it would be nice to have a couple of machines instead of going all out on one. I've also heard for alot of people who start with the intention of only owning one just can't resist adding more, so there's that aswell.
The same game in the UK is more expensive than the US too. For example to get the Hobbit (standard edition) in the UK your talking about £7500!, I can see on the US market on pinside you can get a hardly used Limited edition for $6700 that's about £4,900... I wonder if I can import it from the US, however it seems no listings want to ship worldwide.

Sorry to hear you got burned by Heighways antics.

I highly recommend joining the #1 UK Pinball forum - great forum for all the pinball news, discussion, machines for sale, tech help. Probably would have opened your eyes to the Heighwayman too.

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/

2 weeks later
#22045 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

That's literally what the idea was - a table with a simpler, smaller pinball game inside. No backbox, all scoring on a small playfield screen, playfields designed like 'street level' games, trad solid-state size (42-inch standard body). Intended to appeal to both the home gameroom and the ponce furniture markets (though the Venn diagram between the two must be remote at best), but also places like European cafes might pick up.
A version of Queen was designed for it as well - at least in digital form - which I did. Interesting exercise in seeing what you could do with that kind of less-is-more playfield that could still feel fresh to play. Couldn't have too many features, so I made sure what there was would have all been different; a bank of drops, scattered stand-ups, a captive ball, a kicking target, two capture shots for multiball, and spinning posts styled as a vinyl record. Pretty pleased with how the digital sim flips, flows and bounces.

Maybe the timing was wrong in that the company was going down the pan ....BUT this isn't *that* insane an idea. Cocktail 60-in-1 type vids are popular and I've seen them in many bars/pubs recently. Done right, marketed correctly I could see these selling - maybe not to the hardcore on here.

1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Ive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.