pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9243 7 years ago

I emailed about 8 months ago regarding Full Throttle purchase. I'm 38 and owned over 40 motorcycles, probably much more, so this theme for me was great. I too like most here never received a reply. The NZ pinball legend himself said "try again, get one!" So I did. Two more consecutive emails and gained my reply from Heighway. Emailed back saying take my money and no reply..... I live in NZ (the land that time forgot) and this pin would be around $12,000NZD once landed, not exactly pocket change. Essentially I will never buy from Heighway as it stands, if I needed assistance it would surely not be there.

Purchased tron today, not exactly a motorcycle theme but very close so im happy. I guarantee you that with the thousands of pins here in NZ, not one will be heighway made.

No I'm not a troll, just a lost customer.

#9257 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

what a crap statement that is
There is and will be Heighway Games in NZ,

You are right, you did make a "crap statement" but don't worry, your mum says your special and I'm sure you are.

None as of yet. However, hopefully in the near future.

1 month later
#9687 7 years ago

Games looking good, ambush video pretty cool but a third lcd is just not needed. The crystal ball lcd in Woz was a great way to incorporate it. Be cool to use the same idea for the egg pop bumper caps, show them hatching. This just seems like a last minute thought to fill a space and with its size greatly detracts from the alien head, even if it does swing/rotate away. With so many waiting for the queen chamber replacement reveal, I'm sure none thought it would be a third lcd.

#9694 7 years ago

I said it "seems" like a last minute thought. Not that it is. I have no idea how long this was in discussion.

Quoted from Aurich:

Well you're wrong, it's not a last minute thing, it's an idea I pitched to the team after Expo, with a long explanation for all the reasons why I thought it was a good idea, and how we'd incorporate it into the gameplay to make a better game. I was happy that Wales agreed with me and made it happen, looking forward to playing the game with it in place, it solves a lot of issues.
It goes back to the original LCD option, except instead of being small, and honestly a little useless, it's big enough now that we can use it for multiple things, and make the airlock idea much more dynamic and interesting.

#9839 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because whoever said it was a last minute change did have a point, even if I was defensive about it.

I said it seemed like a last minute change and yes, immediately you got defensive.

Quoted from Aurich:

But turning the queen into a facehugger in a tube? WTF? Why??
Another facehugger? And in a tube, that sits there, and what? Wiggles a little? What would be the point of that? How does it fit in with any of the modes? How does it further the game.
I know I'm sounding grumpy here, but come on, work with us.

Here's my point. One guy says "hey what about a third face hugger" and boom you tear his idea apart. He could be a potential customer. His idea/opinion is his own but as soon as it conflicts with your own you get defensive. The way you react contradicts your post "work with us" why would one give his opinion when this is your reaction?

Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't even see what the mods removed that was apparently way personally over the line, and great, glad to miss some asshole taking shots at me

I'm that as$#h%=e

I will give it another attempt so you don't miss out.

I said the artwork reminds me of Sega art, copy and paste, done! It tends to float on the playfield and is far from seamless.

I then said the 3rd lcd is uninspiring and far from innovative.

This is just my thoughts, some will agree and others won't but who cares, it's just an opinion and we're posting in a forum for pinball discussion.

All I can do is think of a comparison. You might hate my car, the color, wheels, tyres, style etc but to me your opinion doesn't worry me as I like my vehicle. Now, if you gave your opinion regarding my vehicle to the manufacture, then yes they may get offended. The difference, Chrysler, Bentley, Ferrari or for motorcycle lovers, Harley, Yamaha, Ducati etc will never! Post in a public forum.

Quoted from Aurich:

Do I sound like a crazy person here?

Yes, yes you do

#9842 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Lies, mods had to remove your burger king rant and you know it and so does everyone else that read it. It was so distasteful and uncalled for, surprised you're still here. Sorry, can't take anything you say seriously after you showed the hate.

I'm far from denying my burger King rant. I'm just showing restraint not to be moderated. No personal attacks, so my new post has none.

#9846 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Certainly you are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is gone.
All that remains is you stating you will never buy a Heighway Pinball...Is this not correct?
As you state....we are posting in a forum for discussion......The Playfield criticism has been noted and hashed through,
Im not sure if youve read the thread, and issues over the last 2 years.
However, since you will never be a customer, do you think that the creator of this work, might possibly be offended?
Many good people have left the forum, or others simply dont post because people believe that "discussion" can be "ruined"
with things like, incomplete information, trolling.....you are not buying, or negative criticism.
Especially since a decision was made to put an LCD in. Your Opinion came in seemingly late.
Please also understand, that with 34 posts, and to be here on a reasonably positive thread, with excited buying customers,
the negative perspective is viewed as trolling by some. Generally people prefer to hear criticism, but can sense a negative
tone.
Perhaps not your intent, but in General, no Aurich is not crazy, and a positive contributor to the hobby.
Sorry sir, Just my opinion, and I happen to disagree with yours.

Good response. Very well written.

I like few, really wanted Full Throttle. Read my posts. I tried numerous times to purchase without success due to no reply. Many seem to have the same problem. No, I'm not in on Alien but I enjoy reading the threads, opinions, pictures, videos. Still allowed to have an opinion as you have clearly stated.

Apart from posting here regarding my failed purchase re full throttle, my only other post was regarding the 3rd lcd. Instantly I was told from Aurich I was wrong. Seems as per his latest post he recognisers he was defensive and I had a point. He reacted quickly and harshly so I returned the favor.

So no, I'm not disgruntled, I'm not trolling, I just gave my opinion on the 3rd lcd.

#9849 7 years ago

You hit the nail on the head. My greatest flaw is reacting too quickly, I know as the little lady tells me this all the time.

I guess I look at it as a business point of view. I've been in the media game for years and work for the largest media company in the world. I understand marketing corporates in an extensive way. My only advice would be responding to people as an employee and not a personality. He's representing a company. Don't tell people they are wrong, don't respond to people with WTF? It's just not good business. 9,000 posts and over 600 by aurich, how many of these post show any form of professionalism. There is a vast difference with how Andrew replies.

I get how the pinball community loves speaking with the manufacturer. They feel ownership, like their thoughts or opinions count towards the end goal. Hell they cant ring Chevy and discuss their design plans for the new Camaro..........Hmmmm but maybe this is my point.

Thanks for the tip.  Time to watch some batman 66 gameplay videos.

4 months later
#13628 6 years ago

Posted by magicjumpi aka Roman. Looks like Roman glass, PDI glass will not be sold, used, on Heighway Alien LE's. Quote and link below.

As posted above three weeks ago we were working on a solution for Heighway Pinball.
Due to lacks in communication we or I won`t supply Heighway Pinball with my glass aka Roman´s Glass
or PDI Glass.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alienle-are-you-in-whats-your/page/9#post-3713703

#13639 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Uh, you misquoted him. That situation IS being resolved.

I haven't misquoted, that was Romans latest post regarding his glass.

Many seem to be in the same situation as you, mk6pin, bemmett, chrisnack etc all have paid for PDI and have the invoice stating so. Astropin replied saying $40 refund to those who paid for PDI/Roman and receive Heighway's version instead. Sounds like he's in the know and the best person to ask.

1 week later
#14035 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't trust any of that info. Def not audited.
Andrew asked for $$$ last year before expo stating our pins were ready for the initial phase of production.
Some people paid in full to go to the front of the line. Why not just tell the truth? Early supporters should have been at the top of the list, period. Then, when it actually true that games are ready to be produced then ask for the $$$.

With what you've said it would make sense.
Available funds $10,216
Net worth $230,605
Liabilities(money owing) $484,216

#14038 6 years ago

It's simply an open source provided by the government that shows the company annual return filed by Andrew. Nothing more and nothing less. 2017 will be available end of Q4.

3 months later
#16647 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

random but I was watching the heighway promo video for the game and they show during the queen nest mode that the white object (near the alien) turns around like TDK and reveals another alien figurine. Does this still happen in the production game b.c isnt that where the additional screen is? Or does the screen turn around to reveal the queen?

I for one think this is the best post in the Alien thread

Sorry mate have to laugh. I was trying to purchase a Full Throttle and was promised it cheap including free shipping to NZ from Andrew about a month before his departure. The lack of communication prior to this saying to Andrew "take my money" with zero communication was enough to spend my money on Tron. People still stick up for Andrew but for me, he's a slippery fella and glad I never took his option and last attempts to gain more money.

I suggest seeing you've spent your hard earned dollars for this title, while waiting for delivery spend your time reading the past posts. The PDI "roman" glass was never an option, confirmed by Roman himself, the airlock vanished and replaced with a third LCD. As MK stated, the new owners have been in contact re PDI so hopefully they can drum up a deal to get the people that paid for this option, clearly have PDI glass stated on their invoice, the glass they should receive.

1 month later
#17395 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is his name? He likes to creepily call other users by their first name by hide in the shadows of trolling.

Quoted from greenhornet:

told you once, its Britt.
is that really going to help?
being able to refer to me by a first name?

Britt meet Hilton, Hilton meet Britt.

Now that's taken care of, any new unboxing videos, gameplay, reviews?

images-3 (resized).jpgimages-3 (resized).jpg

6 months later
#21078 5 years ago

"I am contacting you today with potentially good news. We have had a customer drop out from the production schedule of the Alien Pinball LE. This means that we will be able to get a machine to you sooner rather than later. If you would like to take advantage of this situation that would be great as we can fulfil your order sooner rather than later.
If you could please contact me promptly if you would like to take advantage of this situation. The trim colour that we will be able to offer you is green as this is the colour that the machine has been produced in. We can certainly add your unique LE number to the machine. To fully take advantage of this opportunity we would require that the remaining balance be settled for the machine plus the shipping.
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you promptly and your decision on this opportunity."

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#21270 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

I purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business? Really? Where are these ‘top secret’ papers that you claim to have been handed? The truth is that I formed a UK company online more than a year ago called ‘Hydrofoils UK’ for one of my hobbies. The company has never been used, is dormant and likely to be struck off the register soon.
Now you’re back to your so-called ‘fact’ that I siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars?
I wish you all well and nothing but the best.
Andrew

images-5 (resized).jpgimages-5 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Grg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.