DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Expletive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3830 8 years ago

Well I'd have to say that overall I am disappointed in the PF artwork.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't "ugly" or terrible or anything, but it just seems uninspired. I realize that Alien is a dark theme, but I think this PF is too dark and bleak overall. There is a lack of detailed artwork that I was hoping for. There is nothing here to really get excited about or makes you think "wow, that's awesome, I've got to have it!" It's very sparse. Also agree with others that there seems to be too much of a mish mash with differing artistic styles.

Compare this to the reveal of the artwork on the playfield on MET for example. People went crazy over the artwork on that one (and rightfully so).

I do agree with others that it could wind up looking better when it's populated, but I don't think that's going to make a lot of difference. This is a pretty average attempt in my opinion. On a more positive note, I do like the inserts.

#3870 8 years ago

And wasn't ST artwork highly criticized?

2 weeks later
#4584 8 years ago

So Heighway is still testing game mech's at this late stage? Pin still seems to be a long way from being done. Originally the game was supposed to ship in April 2015, and it was that unrealistic release date that caused the original designer, Dennis Nordman, to leave.

Obviously this pin will be at least a year behind the original estimate. Man, I'm rooting for these new companies, but none of them can get their pins done anywhere close to their original estimates.

2 weeks later
#4749 8 years ago

I still think the artwork here is pretty average. I mean sure, it might be better than some of Stern's recent offerings, but that isn't saying much. I was hoping for a lot more given the theme and the dedication that we were expecting from those involved. I don't want to hear about "licensing restrictions" because it's just a cop out. In other words, I am not interested in placing blame on anyone in particular, including Fox.

Bottom line for me, it just doesn't come close to knocking it out of the park like I was hoping. It's more like a lead off base hit. I'm hoping that when I see it in person and populated with all the plastics, toys, mechs, and RGB lighting in the inserts, those items will constitute at least a double, resulting in the runner from first scoring a run.

#4836 8 years ago

So if there is a potential licensing issue with having Ripley's (Weaver's) face/image on the PF/Plastics, would there also be an issue using her in any of the movie clips on the LCD? Or is it two different things since one is from the actual movie, while the other would be her "likeness?"

1 week later
#4929 8 years ago

No, he said the potential is starting to be realised. That is clearly beyond potential and into the realisation OF that potential.

I agree, but I think his point is that even though that's the case, the fact that they are only now putting things together for a prototype means that this pin is still quite a way from being released. It's definitely nice to see progress like this and it obviously means we are getting closer. But it doesn't mean that these will be shipping in the next couple of months either.

2 weeks later
#5179 8 years ago

I'd really like to see that Alien head on the playfield or next to something of known size to get a better handle on the perspective. The thing looks huge, and I worry that it might really dominate the playfield.

#5187 8 years ago

^ hahaha. Nice Vid.

It won't dominate it any more than:
Castle(MM)
Prison (TWD)
Ring Master(CV)
Demon Head(KISS)
It's a wide body & it's going to look awesome!

You state this as fact. How can you do that? You might very well turn out to be correct, but until I see that head on the playfield, I remain concerned that it's going to look out of proportion similar to things like the Magneto figure on XM.

1 month later
#5736 7 years ago

The spectacle of this once great thread is well deserved of a company who hasn't delivered on their word many times now....Much respect to Nordman who tried to warn us.

I see that a bunch of the guys who already put money down on the long delayed Alien pin gave you thumbs down.

A few years ago, Heighway's plan was to release 4 games per year. Alien was supposed to ship in 2014. Had the original proposed production pipeline been true, there should have been like 10 Heigheay games by now. Theoretically those games should have been in development, and with the Alien delays - you would think that the schedule would have been shifted and other games announced and released first. I wonder, why hasn't this happened? Now, we all know pinball is hard - and Heighway releasing games at a Stern pace is unlikely ...but surely a couple games should have been in development simultaneously with Alien, and at this point one of them should have been completed and released to keep the factory churning. Right?
Heighway really struck me as a company that had its act together ....call me a skeptic at this point.

Lots of good points made and I agree. The air has been let out of my sails when it comes to the excitement of this pin, starting with the less than impressive art for the PF combined with all the broken promises and delays.

Heighway has become the new JJP, and Alien is this year's Hobbit.

Correct.

#5759 7 years ago

Andrew is as anxious as anyone to get this thing out.....

Just like Jack was as anxious as anyone to get WOZ and Hobbit out. Just like John Popaduik was as anxious as anyone to get Magic Girl and his Zombie pin out. Just like Kevin was as anxious as anyone to get Predator out.

An owner wanting to get the pin out is of no relevance. It is stating the obvious.

1 week later
#6087 7 years ago

FOX is not going to risk their super valuable franchise by playing fast and loose with licensing.

Then why did they let them publicly display the playfield??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Expletive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Expletive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.