DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2004 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yep and maybe some carpet on the floor so you are not dragging the brackets across the concrete. Cool that they are not afraid to manhandle the game though.

Maybe attach some small wheels to the front end of the brackets? Roll that baby easily wherever you want.

8 months later
#5621 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think traci lord is almost 50 by now,you don't want to her.

She turned 48 last Saturday.

1 year later
#15745 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi - hope I can post this here. My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist who illustrated the backglass Alien Queen for the LE. I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this speed-painting video of how the artwork was created: » YouTube video
THANKS SO MUCH for all the positive feedback I've gotten for about the design. It was truly one of my favorite projects ever.

So this isn't really hand drawn art? Sorry if I am missing something. Old guy here.

#15749 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Lots of artists draw digitally now so mistakes are easy fixes plus there are some effects you can't get with traditional tools. It's still hand drawn but now it's on a screen. I've watched Spawn creator Todd McFarlane draw digitally and it's pretty impressive.

To be clear. Not drawn on paper or canvas with pen, brush etc. like EM and pre-translite SS artists created it? So no actual original exists? Just something digital on a screen?

#15759 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Based on his workflow video, it looks like there is an original hand drawn piece of artwork that is scanned in and worked over digitally with the software.

Got it. Thanks.

1 week later
#15955 6 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

Well this showed up last Monday. But the glass broke in transit.
Working on cleaning out and getting a new glass.

Fitting name. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Alieu

#15960 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

A Full Throttle Andrew brought to RMPS had the glass broken in transit as well...so maybe nothing has changed but maybe should! Might need some specialized padding against it or something. Some foam under the glass that would at least keep all the glass out of the game if it does shatter.

Tempered glass does not usually break by forces against it. Perhaps the glass is too tight in the frame. (Or too loose?)

#15962 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that would be the only logical answer if it is somehow getting jarred in the frame and catching an edge

A contracting frame would not also cause breakage? Seems I've read that before somewhere. Any glass guys here?

#15975 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Glass guy here, been in the window business literally my entire life.
1 - Tempered glass has a very "sensitive" edge, but without seeing the magazine it is hard to see if there is a pinch point or something pointy that the edge of the glass could hit the edge shattering it. A screw point is enough, in fact a brad nail is large enough to shatter the glass if it hits the edge.
2 - Tempered glass can self shatter if there is a flaw in the glass when it is heat treated. Pretty rare but it does happen weeks or months after it is made.
3 - Thermal breaks can occur but unlikely in a pinball machine, not likely to get a rapid enough temperature change for that to happen.
4 - It could break from a hit to the middle of the panel but you need a pretty heavy strike. Unlikely during transport.
At a GUESS I would say point 1 or 2.

Thanks for the info.

1 month later
#16924 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They have resumed operations with new management team and have manufactured a shipment of 21 standard pins that will soon be sent to cointaker and nitro. Another 21 or so pins are likely ready and will be sent to other distributors. Then they are continuing production of standards and with a little more speed. It will take some more weeks before the LE features are final and announced. Following that LE's are planned to begin to hit the line early Dec.

Probably not the best photos to post on the subject. "The Monster" did not work very well.

3 weeks later
#17699 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bernie Sanders, obviously. Not shocking that he'd turn up in Sweden, but I had no idea he was into pinball. Hopefully he got a game in after Ron Howard's brother was done playing.

I thought that was Steven Wright playing the game.

5 months later
#20531 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I heard that the new investors signed a contract with an old business partner of theirs and the next batch was shipping via hydrofoil...should arrive in 2 weeks.

I literally blew a snot bubble!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=DennisDodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.