zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno Rob. Yellow beacons and color changing ramps....
Imagine the beacons lighting up, smoke mod going and countdown voice.
"2 minutes to reach minimal safe distance."
GODDAMIT! Now I'm starting to talk myself into this title!!

An "escape the ship" mode like this would be sick.

8 months later
#1243 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

One more!...could not resist...now i'm gonna leave you guys alone, just make it awesome!
alien_sentry_01.jpg

What if the sentry guns blew air back and forth to push the ball away? lol!

#1245 8 years ago

Not if their made of metal?

#1248 8 years ago

Carbon Fiber?

#1254 8 years ago

Bunch of richies in here. Jeez.

1 week later
#1477 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Real nice, thanks for the reveal. I would integrate the playfield artwork somehow to the rectangular window of the LCD screen.

Ala captain nemo....i agree.

Wow, so now ive got jjp3 lawlor, wait for TBL or wait for this....maybe ill have to get 2/3 instead of just one.

3 months later
#2820 8 years ago

REALLY, that back box art is screaming for green Gottlieb system 80 style score displays and a DMD/LCD that shows ONLY animations and video clips that go with the mode its in....I dunno, just sayin.

1 month later
#4147 8 years ago

Looks like you guys are officially on IPDB. Just logged on and saw ALIEN in the top right machine feature square. YOUVE MADE IT!

4 months later
#5932 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Right, a history in pinball. Try asking the average person under 40 who Elvira is....then follow up and ask if they care.
Hope it gets made if that's what people want though. I never saw the appeal, except when I was 12 and liked seeing big tits on TV.

He makes a lot of good points, Elvira may be a hot 60+ year old lady, but unless the machine has some major innovation or some kind of gimmick, I would pass it up just as fast as I pass WWE in a line up. Shes irrelevant to any one under 40, totally agree.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Think of it like "Whoa Nellie" ...an "indie" pin for a select audience.

Right, but WNBJM is a pretty basic playfield and design. Do you think they would sink money into R&D for a theme thats only going to appeal to a select number of older gentlemen when they are trying to attract a larger, younger audience (cough barcades cough)

Really hope you are wrong.

#5936 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm still to know an average under 40 person who buys pinball machines!

Im 32...........been collecting for almost 10 years.........

#5938 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Also, Coin-Op is one of the "hippest barcades" in San Diego, and they had an Elvira pin in there for months, getting lots of play.
"not relevant to my interests" =/= "not relevant to anyone's interests". Does everyone on this site have to speak in absolutes?

Her old pins are just that, old. Hipsters love playing with old toys. Those are great machines, I just dont think a new version will be as big a hit as say GB is now.

1 week later
#6289 7 years ago

Looking cooler and cooler.

5 months later
#8917 7 years ago

You guys got a lot of junk under your machines. CLEAN IT UP.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9022 7 years ago

Game is lookin SIIIIICKKCKCKCKCKC. Hope local places snag one up for the public to play or Ill have to wait for the next expo.

All yall with all that junk under your pins should be ashamed. Thats so messy and ugly. I would NEVER store under my pins.

#9025 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you should be ashamed for actually typing "All yall"

All yall slobs.

2 months later
#10187 7 years ago

Although the newer style beacons have that clicky "flash" that would probably look more like a playfield flasher, I agree on them needing to be old school. The spinning mechanical beacons are much cooler Looking AND they arent as irritant to the eye as the flash ones are. Machine looks awesome otherwise. Cant wait to play one.

#10321 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to say things keep getting better and better on this title!

I have to agree. I like every update I see. This game is going to be fun.

3 weeks later
#10989 7 years ago

I know this is nit-picky, and I apologize if this has been addressed, but is the alien head's mouth agape or is that just me? Why doesnt it close when not in use? I think having it open and close when the screaming noise happens would be a nice touch.

Still looking sweet. Cant wait to see these in peoples hands and....dare I say...PLAY ONE ON LOCATION!?!?!

#10993 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how far are you from Madison?

137 miles...

#11004 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so 2.5 hours to come play a rare game? I have done that on an afternoon post work before.

And we all know you a crazy person. LOL

2 weeks later
#11460 7 years ago

So I know this system is meant to be able to swap playfields and art out, but what if you never do that? Im wondering why no one has come out with artwork to cover all the dead space around the side art of the cab. Seems like a lost market for heighway owners.

#11483 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Not sure how anyone could say that with any degree of certainty. Based on Alien & Full Throttle, I think the odds are highly probable that Dave Sanders is going to continue to design fun games that I want to purchase. And the thought of paying for just the playfield vs an entire new cabinet sounds incredibly appealing to many, either for cost savings or due to limited gameroom space. So I'll probably play it safe & give myself the option with a black or chrome trim, which looks awesome BTW.

I foresee people wanting to have more than one cab once they get past 2 games. Why just have them sitting around when you have more than a few people over. Its addicting to have games setup, im not gonna lie. Pack them in! LOL

3 weeks later
#12331 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Isn't there a separate acrylic window sat on a routed ledge then? that's how I would picture it ( but not seen one up close ), just thinking it strange you can level the top layer.

Im surprised it isnt this way as well. LCD should mount flush to it, but the acrylic window should be flush with the playfield.

1 month later
#13279 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't think it's "dead"

Well it should be. Half the time they throw in stupid pointless shots just for the 3d effect. I also hate that I cant see a IMAX movie without it being 3D too about 90% of the time.

3D can go away Unless they figure out way without glasses....GO AWAY. lol.

#13373 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh! After reading all these "tweaks", I'm not sure this game is ready for mass production yet. This is a bunch to get ironed out and tested IMO.

Go away. Arent you just waiting for your next Scared Stiffy machine any ways? Youre not actually going to buy this.

2 weeks later
#14060 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would normally agree with you, but the way he has been going about things lately is different.

Hes just waiting on the next old horror hag pin while he acts like he will buy anything else. Its pretty funny.

5 months later
#18516 6 years ago

Thought this belonged here...maybe yall can make one for your celebrations!

XAjqhEy (resized).jpgXAjqhEy (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.