DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1030 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

If it's anything like this, we're all in for a treat. A guy who works for Heighway helped with this table in Future Pinball (sounds, clips, development). Also a great guy like Aurich, and talented.

» YouTube video

I imagine an Alien pin where at times it's slow, spooky, and brooding...then you get into some mode/multiball/etc and all hell breaks loose. The music/sounds change, warning sirens/beacons go off, and things get crazy!

Maybe that's sort of what's going on in that video?

I hope Heighway can somehow capture the feeling(s) of the first two Alien movies.

PS - A Xenomorph head on the playfield that opens its mouth and a smaller set of jaws pops out and grabs/locks a ball would be awesome!

1 month later
#1127 8 years ago

Just re-watched Aliens (director's cut) for the ???th time. Aliens is such a great movie! Then again, SO is the original! I can't wait to see what Heighway does with this franchise.

#1158 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We're at a stage where it's not really up to us. But I happen to agree that it's probably best to let Full Throttle have a little spotlight time. The early reports on it from Pintastic were really positive, give people a little time to get to know what Heighway is doing. First customer games should be showing up soon I think. I haven't even played it myself, and I'd like to.

I'll say this: The extra time for Alien is really a good thing, it's allowed for some space to iterate and improve the playfield. I think people are going to really dig the next reveal of the design, whenever that is, because there are more shots now, better flow, more toys, more interaction, etc. The design has been refined. I just got the latest CAD file yesterday, and I'm loving the tweaks from even the last version I had.

Both Andrew and I are huge fans of the movies. More than anything we want to get it right.

The art process is taking longer than anyone would like. It's slower than I would like. But I think we all know by now that pinball can be like that, especially with a license. There's no drama, it's just the process playing out.

I'm probably getting into speaking for Andrew territory here, so I'll stop, but hang in there guys, we're going to do our best to make a great game.

#1364 8 years ago

Love this scene from Aliens. I wonder if it could be incorporated into the Heighway pin? Hmmm...maybe as a video mode or???

#1371 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Amazing how young Bill Paxton was back then.

Agreed!

For what it's worth, whenever I think of BP, I always think of Chet from Weird Science:

Edit: I just looked up BP on IMDB...
How many of us here on PinSide remember the Fish Heads music video from 1979? Well, not only did Bill Paxton appear in that classic video, he directed it!!!

BP in fishheads video.jpgBP in fishheads video.jpg

Hey Ben Heck, did you know about all of this? Since you made a Bill Paxton pinball machine, perhaps you did!?!

#1373 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, this is me speaking, not an official Heighway response, just to be clear.

But video modes as a general rule suck ass. Just saying. If a Heighway game never has a video mode I won't cry a single tear.

I think the only video mode game I have is The Shadow now, and I actually don't mind that one. But it's an exception.

And yes, I know Flippy Ghost on AMH is my fault.

Haha Aurich! Actually, I'm not a big fan of video modes in pins either. I was just having a hard time imagining how to incorporate that classic scene into the Alien pin in any other way. No worries! Now, quit screwing around here on Pinside, and get back to making us the best-looking pin ever! (No pressure...)

#1379 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Whenever I think of Bill Paxton, I see him getting punched in the face by Arnold in a red convertible vette. And I smile every time.

Classic scene!!!!!
I remember hearing rumors of a True Lies sequel many years ago, but I think that was around the same time Arnold became the Governator so the sequel didn't happen? I'm still up for an Arnold, T. Arnold, JLC, and BP sequel!

arnold-schwarzenegger-presenta-the-governator.jpgarnold-schwarzenegger-presenta-the-governator.jpg

#1394 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Aurich said:

Okay, this is my speaking, not an official Heighway response, just to be clear.
But video modes as a general rule suck ass.

Might as well add a joystick to the lockdown bar :/

Gott_Caveman_1982.jpgGott_Caveman_1982.jpg

7 months later
#5223 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Better angle

image_(resized).jpeg

6 months later
#7889 7 years ago

What's going on with the right inlane/outlane area? Is there no divider between the inlane and outlane? I see a post, but nothing else to separate them. Also, it looks like trapping a ball on the lower right flipper will be tricky. If the ball rolls right too far up the guide, it will fall into the gap and drain (sort of like Future Spa).

Alien right inlane-outlane (resized).jpgAlien right inlane-outlane (resized).jpg

1 year later
#22080 5 years ago

K-man...I implore you to stop saying "I implore you"!!! No worries...it's all good! Keep doin' you!

#22082 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

BUT HERE'S THE THING

The Thing (resized).jpgThe Thing (resized).jpg

#22112 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You've got to experience the "Breakfast Served 24/hrs - Fine Dining - Totally Nude!" restaurants along I75.

Café Risque?

http://gainesvillescene.com/cafe-risque-gainesville/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=CaptK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.