pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

356 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Astropin. You are on page 1 of 2.
#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Do we know how much a playfield kit is? I'm pulling the trigger on FT & part of the reason is to buy Alien playfield to swap out. Cool idea! If priced right.

You're pulling the trigger on a Fish Tales?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You're pulling the trigger on a Fish Tales?

Guess we will have to call it FTH?

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Vacation?....I leave the states once a year to physically disconnect from my company, but am ALWAYS dealing w it, one way or another.

And my cell phone is on 24/7/365. I've had calls from clients come in on a Sunday and you know it's important if they are calling you on a Sunday!

1 month later
#530 9 years ago

I think that shot map looks amazing. Best one I've seen in a long, long time. It's rather unique and looks like there will be a lot to do....not an easy thing to pull off in this era of cookie cutter playfields.

2 years later
#11835 7 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Ok can someone please help, I have a chance of buying a Ghost Busters Premium for £6600 which I really wanted, but also have a soft spot for the Alien brand having grown up watching all the films. Do I go for the GBs or buy a LE Alien NIB for the exact same amount of money. Would be very interested to hear of your comments of anybody that's played both pins.

I'm looking to get something later this year. To me this is a no-brainer....ALIEN all the WAY! Better built, better shots, more "stuff" included, better immersion/theme integration. Alien wins on every point....to my eye. I've played a fair amount of GB and I like it.....but I don't think it even remotely compares to what you get with this game.

#11845 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

andrew, is the glass for the playfield display replaceable? when are we going to get pricing on full throttle kits. i am paid for on le and would like to have an idea when the les would ship with full throttle playfields. i want to get both at the same time to save on shipping.

My understanding is that it's standard wide body playfield glass.

#11859 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Removable inserts have been in games since the 80s.. and non removable ones are common in the 90s and 00s.
Plastic scratches.. and plastic polishes. Clearcoat scratches... and clearcoat polishes.
Point being.. what's new/different here? Not much.

Let's not add confusion here. There is no plastic playfield overlay on Highway's games.

#11905 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

FYI: It's a cointaker shaker on FTh and I'm assuming I can adjust it similar to other shakers via the arms/weights...I have NOT taken the cover off yet to confirm that but I can't imagine it's much different.
I figure it would be nice to have for future titles anyway depending how they implement on each...you can always turn if off depending which playfield kit you have in.

So it's just a Cointaker Shaker and we could add one later if we wanted to?

Also....how hard would it be to just your own EL lighting to the side blades on Alien? I can't imagine it would be that difficult.

#11945 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

No US distrib if you're paying door-to-door air freight shipping, which I'm pretty sure most the people ordering from Heighway is doing. Once it ships via air from Heighway, it will be delivered in no time.

Not to mention it's only $350.

#11952 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Oh, so the standard does not come with any LCD screen in the backbox? It's just a backglass?

Correct.

#11973 7 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

You are forgetting Big Trouble in Little China! How could you!

Have-you-paid-jack-yes-sir-the-check-is-in-the-mail (resized).jpgHave-you-paid-jack-yes-sir-the-check-is-in-the-mail (resized).jpg

#11981 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I didn't realize the pdi glass wasn't included on the LE.

I think they should do The Matrix.

#11992 7 years ago

I'm in! Order placed for an Alien!

#12009 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Eh, there's plenty of more interesting movies to theme on.
...Blade runner

Blade Runner would be amazing. That would be my #2 dream theme (right after "The Matrix").

#12037 7 years ago

If they do Harry Potter......I'm out. That being said I do realize HP is ridiculously popular.....for some reason......to grown men?

#12072 7 years ago

I think kits will hold there value similar to an average used pin. Meaning you will lose a little but not enough to worry about.

#12074 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

What's the ETA on the game getting to you?

I currently have no idea. I'm in no flaming hurry. I'll get it when I get it

#12085 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

In other words the base concept that is not adjustable should be the same and any changes should be resolvable by using the modular build of the pin.
As I have room for only one pin, but multiple kits above selling point was a very important one for me to decide to go for Heighway.

Well I think that's the whole concept with Highway Pinball. Kits and 2 minutes for two people to make an entire switch. One person can do it in well under 5.

#12097 7 years ago

So when you eventually buy a kit do you add that game to your Pinside collection? I know I would. It's not a full separate game....but then again it only takes a few minutes to swap. Hell you could have a league night and play both (or more) games.

#12153 7 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I don't plan to Dick face!

Ummm......I don't plan to dick face either???

#12155 7 years ago

Not quite a Yooper (only if you remove the "Lake")....but I am up there often enough with work that I have a Mackinac Bridge "MacPass".

#12158 7 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

You guys are going to talk me into it!

I wasn't going to get the backbox screen. I play "mostly" on my own and the screen in the playfield is all I will ever really look at.

That being said all the talk of "future proofing" your one cabinet and being able to essentially spread the cost of that one screen against potentially multiple games (kits) made a lot of sense......so I added it.

#12175 7 years ago

Seeing as it's possible to shoot the ball off a bottom flipper in any game and hit the bottom post of the other sling.... those targets should be relatively easy from that upper flipper.

#12211 7 years ago

It looks fantastic.....I can't wait.

#12264 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Well, those are opposite ends of the spectrum!

Yep....but are BOTH of those people playing the games at TPF?

#12334 7 years ago

The more I see the more I like everything about it.

#12352 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Anyone considering skipping the LCD? I really like Aurichs work on the backglass. Without considering resale value or anyone else's opinion I don't have much of a desire for it. For less money I can add PDI and EL lighted side blades and get more playfield enjoyment.

Well when it's off yes it looks better with just the art; but when playing it looks better with the screen. I mostly bought the screen to "future proof" my Highway cab.

#12369 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Ohhh Myyy Gaaawwwdddd.... I've tweaked a few things, and ALIEN is playing GREAT. I finally broke 40 million on a few games, finished several multi-balls, completed modes - even got close to seeing a wizard mode. Trust me, if you are a fan of the Alien movies, you will not be disappointed. This game ROCKS!! The lightshow and sounds are truly amazing.
That being said - yeah, my game is early production and not everything was 100% when I brought it home from TPF. I knew this going in. Andrew and I talked, and I let him know I've done a few playfield swaps and know my way around a pin. I wasn't going to freak out if a few adjustments or tweaks were needed. Here's what I've done so far....
Airlock scoop: This is the most important shot in Alien, as it starts modes. The last thing you want it to qualify a mode, hit the start shot - and be rewarded with a SDTM kickout. I adjusted this mech to prevent that.
Outlane posts: I'm not trying to take peoples money, I want to have fun. I tightened the outlane posts. EASY adjustment.
Ball trough kickout: On a rare occasion, the ball would not launch cleanly into the shooter lane. This was also a pretty easy fix.
Pops/slings: Gapped the switches as you would with any new machine.
Leveled the machine. Yep - that helps.
Honestly, I enjoy working on pinball machines, so it doesn't bother me that, yes -even a new machine may not work perfectly 'out of the box' (or in my case, a hastily set up machine that subsequently gets pounded by over 400 players over a 48+ hour period).
I had a BLAST playing tonight.

Yeah, yeah, rub it in to all of us on the waiting list.

#12371 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I will definitely be hooking mine up to my external sub when I get it!

Ditto!

#12383 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm getting mine with the LCD and EL side lighting as I think those are the best two bang for the buck additions.

That is exactly how I ordered mine.

#12386 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why stop there? You could have a full slide show of cool images from the movies during attract mode

OR the option to do one or the other.

#12398 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You are right 1. bothered by all my fellow pinheads that have lost good hard earned money with Zidware and now looking like DP.
2. bothered by my loosing good hard earned money on Zidware and now looking like DP.
I will be glad to sit on the fence now with the wickets shoved so far up my ars, it reminds me to never give anyone money until I know exactly where the company stands and when I can get my pin if I order today. So perhaps Andrew can let me know the answers to my questions.

I agree with you 1000% .....if I was in your shoes I'd do likewise.

That being said I did not get in on any JPOP titles and I did not get in with DP. In both those cases I had interest but was a little leary and wanted to wait until games where actually shipping and getting reviewed.

I sent in a deposit to Highway for an Alien. I just think Highway is a totally different situation. (But like I said.....if I was you I would be waiting).

#12405 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I really hope Heighway doesnt go that route but, the way Fox is dragging their feet on approving artwork i dont think they could do that many editions before the license is up

Highway is not JJP....they will not go that route.

#12419 7 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

"What Aurich said ... my game is a dev prototype that was built 3.5 months ago. No slingshot Facehuggers." - Ferret
Well, Joe, if your excellent score was obtained on your prototype game, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it means that it cannot be recognized as an "official" stellar performance

His scores are the most official because he's using the most up to date code.

#12431 7 years ago

This video got posted on YouTube three days ago....pretty good summary and shows some cool lighting effects I had not noticed before.

#12439 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who is everyone ordering from?
Just go to cointaker, or through Highway directly?
Ive looked at both website's now.
Is there pros and cons for using contaker?

Slightly cheaper direct.
Slightly safer through Cointaker?

#12443 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

So you are saying the peolpe on the wait list that have already put money down and are in line for Alien were skipped over and people just walked in with cash and stepped in the front of the line? Am I reading this correctly? Or there is no one with cointaker with money down already waiting? Wheres the next conference you are taking games too?

I read it as "Cointaker" owned those games and could do whatever they wanted with them.

What's Cointaker going to do? "Hey do you want to pick up your preorder game in Texas after 400 people play it?" I don't think so.

#12447 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is it wrong i want to flip and play this machine before buying it?

Actually that is the best way to go about it. I don't think Highway will stop making these anytime soon so you shouldn't have to worry.

#12452 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

You get a different trans-lite with a cutout or clear, but its no all screen so they just swap it out.
You make a good point though, What if I ordered with no-monitor and then later decided to order the accessory monitor? I would top get the monitor trans-lite with it... unless its only available at the time you purchase your machine.

I don't think you can add a monitor later. You order one as an add-on with purchase.

#12488 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Once I get my Alien LE, I'm ordering 2 more. One for my son and one to keep NIB as an investment. I can see this game being worth 15-20k in 10 years.

If Highway keeps cranking out the SE's (which you can essentially turn into an LE minus the separate art package and number plate) then I don't think that will happen. Of course I've been wrong before.

#12502 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Totally agreed. I've never understood why people want to be first in line when EVERY manufacturer has issues out of the gate that get resolved later in the production run. This is only exaggerated with Heighway's Alien because the machines are still just cobbled together. Not even they have seen a full production machine with all the options installed, so who knows what's left to be found out and fixed going forward.

Interesting:

Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm one of the founding people who jumped on back when the P3 was a bunch of PVC and tech demos. Really excited to see this coming to form shortly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-lexy-et-al-whos-in?tu=cheeks#post-3637639

#12545 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, first off, that's a little creepy that you're researching old unrelated posts of mine to dredge up in this thread.
Regardless, to show that despite that quote, I am completely consistent, last year when Gerry announced they're nearing production, I requested to be at the end of the line. Even on something I've been bought into for years, I still don't want to be first.
Quote that...

No research at all and nothing creepy about it. I just happened to read through the P3 thread just the other day and then read what you posted here.....it stuck out. Nothing more.

#12562 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, 24 new posts, I thought Heighway showed up. Nope .

lol.....we are going to keep posting until something happens!!!

and then we are going to keep posting.

#12564 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

A lot has transpired in the industry since I put money down on the P3. I personally have gotten burned by Jpop

I'll accept that answer.

#12578 7 years ago

How many SE's will be shipping next week?

#12637 7 years ago

Seems like Highway is stuck in a catch 22 right now. Need money to get more hands on deck and really crank games out while at the same time needing to really crank up the manufacturing and ship a lot of games in order to bring in more cash.

#12653 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The "you're playing AS Ripley" angle is still pretty weak.
Imagine these pinball machines with the main character replaced by the player.
T2 WITHOUT Arnold.
Nightmare on Elm Street WITHOUT Freddy.
Apollo 13 WITHOUT Tom Hanks.
The Avengers WITHOUT Hulk.
Tron Legacy WITHOUT Flynn.
Demolition Man WITHOUT Stallone.
Star Wars WITHOUT Luke.
Addams Family WITHOUT Gomez.
The Shadow WITHOUT Alec.
Kiss WITHOUT Gene.
TBL WITHOUT The Dude.
Iron Man WITHOUT Stark.
Jurassic Park WITHOUT T-Rex.
Batman WITHOUT Batman.
etc...
That being said. The Game is still really amazing in spite of its main, beloved character being absent.

As others have already pointed out "Ripley" is not the main character. Alien with the Aliens would be pretty pathetic. I personally like the idea of playing as "Ripley" and has also been pointed out she really didn't have a ton of key dialog that is "pinball friendly".

Oh, and Apollo 13 does not have Tom Hanks (unless you buy the whole "he's the one in the suit bit" )...and it's still a pretty fun pin and still carries the theme well.

"Kiss without Gene".....I'd prefer that actually...even going back to the birth of KISS.

#12655 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey there, just wondering where did you get this info?

Every time they show a picture of their big factory it's pretty much empty. Looks like there is less than 10 people working there. I'm in on an SE....just a deposit and have not heard from them yet. If they could truly start cranking out pins then money would start to flow and they could ramp up even more.....just a theory.

#12674 7 years ago

April 2015 was NEVER taken seriously by anyone who knows anything. Andrew bit off WAY more than he could chew with that pronouncement and he has apologized for it.

Still....it's now April 2017! I think even the naysayers thought it would be in full swing by now.

#12675 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Ripleys not a main character?
I guess that's why she's the only one that's in all of the first 4 movies?

LOL

I like how she changed from "THE" main character to "A" main character. Big difference. Of course she's a main character....but AGAIN, we really aren't missing a ton without her. Most of the great lines came from other characters. Yes her lack of appearance on the machine is a bit unusual but it's not the end of the world. I bet most people who walk up and play the pin never even notice.

#12698 7 years ago

You people really don't follow along...he bought it and brought it home from TPF.

#12859 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Is the savings greater than having two games out where previously there was one? I see no justification to have .55 of a game in storage.

???

Do you even read? In his example Zero games are in storage.

#12915 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And shipping in large numbers should coincide right? No more holdups at that point. Time to let the printing press run, if possible.

Yeah...right. If that were the case SE's would be getting cranked out right now...but they are not. We have zero information when Fox will approve LE art. Andrew is pushing for Alien day but Fox might care less. There is also a huge backlog of ordered SE's that have not hit the line yet.

#12918 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there any reason for the production line to not have cranked up SE numbers? Last I heard/read was new boards where in and all production parts where on route, has there been an update I have missed regarding boards again?

Far as know (which isn't much) they should be cranking out the SE's....but they aren't.

#12922 6 years ago

Well all I can tell you is that I have not received a call/email for more money yet.

#13064 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Daaaam! That backglass is awesome and has me rethinking the 27" LCD use Does anyone know if you could remove the 27 ' LCD and run it in Std Backglasss and Swap the LCD back in as needed? I would love the solid backglass for myself playing and might put the LCD in when friends are over. Highly impressed Andrew and congrats to all on the cherry on top of the Alien sundae .... Now get building
Thanks to you and your team.

That should be easy. You get the full backglass (separately) even if you ordered the 27" display.

#13076 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Happy Alien Day everyone!

Man, the lighting on that game is incredible.

#13078 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

To quote my favorite pin: "Hmm. I expected more."

You expected more than a hand drawn backglass? I don't think any one expected it to be hand drawn.

#13079 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And that back LCD looks awesome. Mmm killer art or killer LCD?

Why not both?

#13090 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I was actually thinking it was even darker than a stock WOZ. You can't see any of artwork in a dark room! This thing is going to need a pinballbulbs kit!

I'm guessing the game looks brighter in person. What you are seeing is only how the camera exposed those pictures.

#13178 6 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

If games were shipping in large numbers 2 years ago, 1 year ago, 4 months ago, etc. as they were repeatedly promised, no podcast in the world could gain any traction against Heighway. It would be a non-issue. Andrew keeps promising shipping deadlines and missing them over and over and over again. Calling somebody out for doing that is just fine. It really is. Especially when they have taken full payment for said product. Every day that goes by means the games cost more to make because of overhead. We can't just keep patting everybody on the back. He should be held accountable for what he said.
What I don't understand is why there aren't HUNDREDS of Alien games done, sitting in the factory waiting for the "new Xeno boards." They promised to ramp production up to a hundred a MONTH before Christmas. He said he hired a new workforce over 5 months ago. Andrew has said he has all of the parts. What are all of the factory employees doing for 5 months? If I had hired a full workforce to build games for me, they would be building games. Endlessly. Otherwise you are just pissing all of your money away.
And he can't ship games because of the Xeno board, yet there are 3 more games on a truck. What about their Xeno boards? So it's OK for THESE games to ship with the supposedly bad boards, but everybody else has to wait?
Or how about promising that a hundred LE's would ship in January but they only got LE artwork approved this week? And now the recent hand-drawn art thing makes me scratch my head too. It was one of the few questions I asked in this thread well over a year ago:

I thought we were all told by Aurich that this wasn't in the cards. Now there is a hand-drawn backglass for the LE?
I just fear that when Stern's Star Wars launches on the rumored May 4th, everybody will yank their money from Alien and this whole thing will collapse. Best of luck to the rest of you that are waiting. I truly hope you get your games. I am just going to buy this Mr. Potato Head Xenomorph instead:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3434427/well-finally-happened-xenomorph-mr-potato-head-coming-soon/

Making pinballs is hard. Highway have already shown that they can produce and ship games. That his ETA's are off by a factor of ten does not help but if they put out a good product people will buy it......even if it's super duper late.

#13179 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I wish I could say the same.

Dude...you requested it 7 hours ago, so you've got to be kidding right? I don't think a "day or two" to issue a refund is unreasonable...relax.

#13184 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Do we know this to be the case?

Quoted from NPO:

I have my $8175 back. I'm happier than a pig in shit.

Good lord! This was like 7 posts up.

#13200 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

2 years ago you were saying the same thing about skit-b. You were completely and utterly wrong about them... you'd think this would give you pause speaking for others again...

It's a little different don't you think? He's received TWO games from Highway and service from Highway already. So not exactly "apples to apples".

#13205 6 years ago

#13211 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I would like to clarify that there is a well respected amusement company based in Australia but trading in many countries, including the USA, called 'Highway Amusements'.
Note the spelling difference between this company and 'Heighway Pinball' - which is named after the founder.
Highway - Heighway.
I have to say that if I owned 'Highway Amusements' I wouldn't be too happy about people using my name in threads of a controversial nature.

So this is a controversial thread? And Heighway is not a respected company?

#13277 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wasn't shooting Covenant in 3D abandoned early on in production? Pretty sure there where reports saying as much. Also all my local cinemas don't have 3D as an option just standard and IMAX.

3D is DEAD.

Most of the new 4k TV's being made today don't even offer the option.

#13295 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

YES, IT'S ANOTHER OFF-TOPIC 3D POST
Good thing you want it curved! LG's entry-level 55" flat-screen 2016 OLED doesn't do 3D. The entry-level curved one does:
amazon.com link »
This TV (and the non-3D flat-screen version) are often available for $1499 shipped from reputable eBay sellers these days. If your credit card does price protection, you can shave an additional few hundred by price matching to one of the grey market importers. Hell of a deal for the best picture money can currently buy.
Of course you could also jump up to LG's "higher end" 2016 OLED's if you really want a flat-screen with 3D/4K/HDR, but then you're paying an extra $500-$1000 for improved speakers on the TV and a flashier bezel, neither of which seems worthwhile:
amazon.com link »

Yeah but 55"? That's like a computer monitor these days....or nice bedroom set.

#13325 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Please. No one suggest anything more

I'm on board with that. No more suggestions..............just SHIP!

#13326 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Did you know that the world is in 3D and yours eyes are constantly doing this?

Doh! Of course...but watching a 3D movie and 3D "Life" are VERY different things. Although I agree 3D movies will not damage your vision (but may cause discomfort or headaches for some).

#13484 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Seeing trucks being loaded would not stop anything. Heighway has shown pics of some games going out, and that stopped nothing. It made things worse. He has also publicly stated today that they are not up to mass production yet, so no matter what happens, there will be no pics of full trailers for a while. Those that are going to complain are going to do so no matter what....... It's Pinside!

They should make a concerted effort to ship some games (right away) to some Pinsider's. That way Pinsiders get to actually see and hear about games showing up. That would buy them a little more time...hell it would probably even bring in more cash.

#13585 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Don't play the cabinet but the cabinet would be in plain site in my gameroom on display with other games costing thousands of dollars. It would be the most expensive pin I owned and look the worst in the lineup. To me that matters.
When buying a used game, I'd like to not have one with lockdown bar holes drilled all over the front of the cabinet and filled in with rusty bolts. I certainly would hesitate on buying a brand new game riddled with shiny bolts all over the the cabinet front without even having some artwork to dress it up. I don't care about operators, I care about how a game looks and plays in my home.

Dude I just looked at your lineup and Alien would be the best looking pin you own...and no I'm not joking. I can't wait to get mine and I'm purposely making room on an end for it. I think the industrial cabs with lighted side art looks pretty cool...but that's just me.

#13626 6 years ago

It's got an 81% on Rotten Tomatoes...which is pretty damn good for Rotten Tomatoes.

#13756 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll say what I want to say and how I want to say it, thanks.
When I saw the ramps in person at Allentown they looked so worn out and corroded that I assumed they were prototype ramps since Cointaker likely has an early version of the game. I just saw pics of other games that I assumed to be of a later batch of games and the ramps had the same appearance. Hence my question.
Now you say the ramps look industrial, right? Well doesn't "industrial" mean a worn, gritty, corroded, well used appearance? Yeah, so we're both describing the ramps the same, just using different adjectives.

Ummm, maybe you should look up the word "corroded" and learn what it means. The ramps are CLEARLY not corroded in any of those pictures.

#13799 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I need help from the alien crowd. Please stop me from buying as pro. I sold a few pins a ways back to fund alien. With money in my pocket and no definate answer on when I can buy alien se I'm getting weaker by the day. Knowing that as pro is only an hour drive away is not helping. Please reaffirm for me the reasons I must hold out. Anyone? Andrew? Ferret? Guy who just received his?

Hold out. Alien is way more unique and will truly be a "homerun" pin for Heighway. AS looks like a great pin and if I could buy two right now I would buy Alien and AS....but I can't so I'm sticking with Alien.

I just emailed Heighway the other day to make sure my pre-order was still on their radar. They got back with me and confirmed that they had me in their cue and would be in touch when mine was getting ready to hit the line. Honestly I'm not expecting that call anytime soon since I am not fully paid and I'm assuming with games starting to trickle out even faster I could get pushed back by people paying in full up front. I'm fine with that...it will be worth the wait.

#13959 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Standard version is available and ready to be shipped?

No.

You can only pre-order right now. It will be a very long time before anyone has stock just sitting around waiting for an order. Currently there is a large backorder of both SE's and LE's. Games are starting to trickle out a little faster though.

#13961 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I have been in since the first week and am paid in full. I am thinking of selling my spot/machine to get a Dialed In.
Getting a refund sounds difficult, maybe I should wait till my machine is about to ship and sell then.
I am suppose to be in the first group of LE's.
What to do...what to do???

Only you can decide Doug but to me Alien looks like a MUCH better game...all the way around.

#13963 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Ok. You can order full price on the website, i don't really understand, some Pinsiders have a machine but now it's out of stock? Sorry i didn't read all the topic.

You can pay full price and get moved towards the front of the line but you are still going to have to wait. They are being made...just slowly.

#13989 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Which is a bunch of F ing BS imo.
I don't really care when/if they get out after all the delays at this point but to ask for FULL payment to go to the front of the line on the LE's when you are clearly nowhere near ready for "production" of said LE's is a F ing joke!!!!

Yeah...I wasn't really talking about the LE's.

#14072 6 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

That's what I did, but it turned out that your Alien machine has some problems you aren't disclosing here. Of the times I have played Alien at Alt Brew, you were only there once by coincidence. Because as I told you in person, I think you come off as a complete asshole on the forums.
When I was there the game looked really dark. I mentioned this and you explained that several of the RGB LED light boards were broken and that is why it looked so dim. So did they fix/improve the light boards on your machine, or send you replacements yet? Are new boards in development? Is anybody else's Alien having light board issues?
You also mentioned that the playfield holes for some of the LED's are too small and are causing failures. You said Heighway is going to have to make those holes larger to increase reliability. Do the current games being shipped out from Heighway have the original size holes, or the newer larger ones? It seems unlikely they would be new playfields as they probably haven't gone through 25 playfields yet, and Andrew has said he ordered hundreds. Maybe they're drilling them out or something.
And of course the Xeno head is still not working. You did cycle the machine off and on for me to see, and that made the mouth extend. It wasn't very fast, but it did move. During gameplay it didn't function or move at all.
I wasn't going to say anything about my visit or the state of your machine. I changed my mind after you tried to call out Ted by touting Heighway's design choices while simultaenously failing to mention that your machine has light board issues and other things that don't work properly. That doesn't seem very honest to me.

You've got to be kidding right? He's disclosed all of those issues in this very thread. And talked about being sent updated light boards. The Xeno mechanism will also be updated (if it hasn't been already).Sheesh. I don't like him calling out Ted and making a mountain out of a molehill...but let's keep it real on the retaliations.

#14127 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The question wasn't if you (or anyone else) liked the ramps. The question, that only Heighway can answer, are these production ramps that EVERY game will have installed going forward? Or were old parts used to cobble together some pins so "Now shipping!!" claims can be made?

As someone with a deposit down I can honestly say I do not care about the answer to this question.

#14130 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

And that's fine. I don't care about fiber optics ramps and any discussion relating to them, but I'm not trying to shut anyone down who has questions.

I'm not trying to shutdown anyone either. But if YOU care so much about this why not email Heighway directly?

#14133 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Havent had the opportunity to play the game (seen many of the videos), saw the movie though.
Pretty safe to say the game is going to be way better than the movie.

You didn't like Alien or Aliens...really?

#14165 6 years ago

I know someone in Michigan who just got their Alien shipped to them. Whether it came via Cointaker or Heighway I don't know.

#14187 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hopefully the new Blade Runner will pan out better.

It "looks" like it's going to be really good. I can't wait.

#14410 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

So... let me summarize. Feel free to correct when necessary.
You received a "Black" Alien 10 days ago.
Advertise it.
Then accomplish a DIY green trim and install LE side panels.
Show the box as if it was just arrived. As if a second game arrived.
Call it a LE although it has no fiber ramps, no plaque and no specific trim.
Basically, what I see is a regular game with LE side panels, right?
Anything else LE specific?

Yeah...he got the LE translite also. Plus they will be sending the plaque and optics.

He requested it be sent to him this way, so what's the big deal? If I was in on an LE and was given this option I would GRAB it!

#14481 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

PayPal instantly came back with they are "no longer able to communicate with Heighway Pinball"

While I agree that does not look good (at all) it still isn't proof of a suspended account.

#14503 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Until Elvira 3 gets officially announced !!!

I'll pass.

The first two were okay...certainly don't need an irrelevant third.

#14505 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope so. Investing at this time is not the worst bet. You're funding building of games and taking money off the table. We all know they can sell a bunch of Aliens. I don't know what their magic number is, but the game is done and ready to go. This isn't a bottomless pit, ala jpop.

Exactly right. There are A LOT of people with cash in hand waiting for this game to be "in-stock". Not a bad investment at all.

#14522 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

And you know what Andrew Heighway...F! Every single word in the above quote!
Don't you dare try to place even one lick of blame on any of us who are trying to do nothing more than keep each other safe!
Only one person at the helm of this company which can decide it's fate is you..and you alone!
I mean you have 2 moderators currently posting with a high degree of skepticism for Petes sake...

There is a big difference between "being safe with your money" (Which really means don't pre-order in the first place!) and actively trying to hurt a company through scaremongering and pushing people to pull their orders.....big difference.

#14538 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A game announcement would go over like a fart in church. People would scream ponzi scheme and others would be hesitant to send money when refunds are not happening and games are not shipping in any consistency.

I can tell you right up front that if the announcement is (just) game 3 then I would be pulling my preorder.

#14557 6 years ago

Here is where I'm at. I'm excited to hear the announcement. That being said talk will not be enough an neither will be promises.

I've now got a deadline...September 1st. One of two things has to happen by then. My game hits the line (with pics) or it becomes very clear that production has ramped up too at least 50 games a month by then.

One of those happens I'm still in...neither and I'm out.

That's three more months to ramp up. And, of course, I'm only speaking for myself. You're tolerance may be much greater.

#14575 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Any credible (or noncredible) sources want to share what we might hear in a day or two? I am a concerned paid in fool (<- not an error) LE customer who does not appreciate having to read a pinball thread every day to weigh things and decide whether to stay in. With little evidence of deliveries to early buyers (many of whom should be on Pinside), missed deadlines with explanation, some lies and then radio silence from Heighway, unfilled requests for refunds, hints of espionage, this game is really starting to OFFER IT ALL.
WTF is going on Andrew? As of today I'd like my game or my money! As I await your response, I am left with a vivid imagination and idle time to ponder the possibilities. A short and direct response to what has been going on can stop the speculation. Ok let's see what could be learned in a few days ....
1) there has been a parts embargo by vendors preventing delivery of parts and it has been resolved 2) Heighway's bad company credit is causing them to pay up front costs for everything and that money is now gone 3) some significant part of game is planned for extinction for technical reasons (probably led ramps) 4) there is an unexpected price increase of $500 due to currency fluctuations 5) a new $250k line of credit is established to get things moving quickly 6) abandonment of Dutch manufacturing faculty and announcement that game will be made in US on contract 7) an appeal for patience and three months will be needed to set up manufacturing again.
I don't pretend to know anything, just trying to assess things and crossing my fingers I haven't been a fool that is taken for a ride around the block and dumped in an abandoned lot undergoing construction.

Obviously what most of us are hoping to hear is that a "white knight" has stepped in with a considerable cash infusion to get workers hired and games flying down the line...

#14577 6 years ago

Not sure how long it's been this way but Cointaker has removed the option to purchase an Alien:

http://cointaker.com/t/aliens

#14586 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Meanwhile, has anybody seen POTC, seems to be getting decent audience reviews?

Going tonight....but not expecting much (so it should be okay).

#14658 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

must be a company cointaker dosnt sell. Or atleast that's my take on it.

You people are nuts.

#14661 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Is there any news? I thought it was today.

No, Andrew said "coming soon"...might be a few days (or more)...no timeline given.

#14679 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah you know with other space themed pinball machines being officially announced it may be a great time to let us now wtf is going on.....

I have to say (and I'm a HUGE Stars Wars FAN...whole family is)...I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing so far...at all.

#14714 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Back channel deal with Russian oligarchs??...pinball is uuuuuuuge in Russia.

I'll take it.

#14718 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

If I paid with PayPal, is it guaranteed to be paid back?
My paypal dispute says waiting on heighway reply.
Or am I screwed?

Aww man...don't tell you picked DI over Alien?

#14732 6 years ago

So just to be clear...the people who are asking for a refund (now...after more than 2 years); you don't care at all what the big announcement is? Even if it means a massive cash infusion from an investor? Or a complete buyout by another manufacturer?

It just seems like if you're going to bail you would at least wait to hear the announcement and then make your decision.

I get the feeling Alien will get produced one way another. Just to much interest and an already proven (and approved) design.

#14861 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Well I hope it doesn't get locked as there are a lot of answers that people need regarding refunds from Heighway Pinball.
My money sits with them and NOT the new "rebirthed heighway pinball"

That information is ALREADY being addressed in the other thread. It will take some more time but it appears everyone who wants a refund will get a refund. Won't happen next week though. These guys need to get in and do a full accounting and figure out the best way forward. Looks like it will happen.

#14866 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That they want this entire Alien thread closed is rediculous and a hell of a way to start their tenure.

I don't get your reaction here? Closing this thread does not remove it. Who wants to follow two threads with the same questions? Not me.

#14910 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've been told I'm getting the updated mech but with the way things are going I'm not counting on anything.

If anything, things are looking up. Yes there will be further delays, but getting your parts someday is way better than never.

#14913 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hope your right but I'm not feeling as confident. I just picture the old jpop bailout that didn't go so well. It seems to me so many people are asking for money back that they may be in trouble regardless. I truly hope I'm wrong as the game is very fun, but the amount of issues I'm experiencing on my machine aren't making me any more confident in it.

JPOP was NOWHERE NEAR this far along. A few tweaks (and a LOT of parts) and they should be able to start cranking these out. They have a FACTORY (JPOP...no factory). They have a fully (or nearly so) functioning machine with code! All they need is a little time and a lot of cash. I think they know EXACTLY where they sit on this which is why they decided to pull the trigger and go for it. Fully licensed and approved design; popular theme; a factory and enough people who do still want it. And you just know more will jump in if these really do start to roll out of the factory at a good clip.

#14932 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

You'll get more BS and excuses.

How do you know that? We have ZERO history here.

#14934 6 years ago

We have zero history from this new management. You do realize that Heighway has been taken over and Andrew is out right? So what's happened in the past (while shitty) no longer applies. It may apply again...but we really don't know at this stage.

So how can you assert that we will get more BS and excuses?

#14936 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

They have ZERO history or credibility as well. Hell, i could start a post that says i bought Highway Pinball too.

Now you're just getting silly...or...haven't read the thread. We have MANY people working (or worked) for Heighway that have spoken with these new people...in detail...and have vouched for their intentions and "potential" ability. They at least have a strong business background and even more importantly with Alien...they have cash to throw at it.

Does any of that guarantee success?....of course not. But I don't think you can say they have ZERO credibility.

It's going to go one of two ways....success....or cluster fuck....that's it. But NO ONE knows which way it will go...no one.

#14941 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Listen to JJPs interview on Kaneda's and you will hear that it will take several millions, not just one

How do you know? (hint..you don't). You can't say this is exactly the same situation as JJP. We (none of us) know the current status of Heighway with assets vs debts. It might cost 1/2 a million it might cost several "we" have no frigin clue so I wish "we" would all stop guessing.

#14944 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Of course you are the expert, Jersey Jack does not have anything on you.
Not having an argument with you, btw. You are part of the reason I visit this forum. Highly amusing.

Thanks...I try.

#14979 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't put Andrew in the same class as Jpop.
John was a fraud from almost day one with ZERO ability to ever deliver a game
He did a really good job hiding it for quite a while and was riding the wave of a pinball resurgence and hype
Andrew built 2 pins. Much more than a box of blinking lights
That's why the "investors" see opportunity to develop what has started much further
Who knows whether it will succeed or not. With enough money it will, see JJP
Either way, it hasn't ended up like a lot of people thought. People that have paid for an Alien game are now more likely than not going to get one.
That is a GREAT thing.
Clearly Andrew was drowning for a long time. When the request for production payments were made and people like myself didn't send them in, it was pretty much game over, especially after expo
I'm sure he hoped to onesy twosy it and it just became too much
As for the "ramp" lies, surely anybody that was paying attention knew that was a joke
What would have Jack at JJP done? What did he do and say to limp along? I am glad they survived
I happy for everybody that Heighway pinball has survived for now and I feel sorry for Andrew in a lot of ways despite how it went down

Great post ice. Except I don't believe JPOP was being fraudulent from the get go. I think it became fraudulent; but in the very beginning I think he thought he could actually do it

#14984 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe it take the right kind of crazy with a Jack or Andrew to get the ball rolling, and then a different kind of hand at the till to make it work after that.

You might be onto something there!

#15018 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What would this have achieved?
They would have had the same exact kinds of problems with whatever game #2 was.. except possibly licensing dragging on.. but then he'd be in the same problem he had with FT.. a theme people didn't want.
His failing to ship a game on time was due to them producing game #2... not because it was 'Alien'.

Maybe...maybe not. Announcing Alien early might have killed off a lot of potential FT sales. Who wants FT when there is big licensed game right around the corner? So now they have a completed and fun game...but no sales and only some early "deposits on Alien" money coming in on a game that hasn't even been designed yet...killer.

#15020 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

If you have the skills and tools you could modify your cabinet with a router to accept the side blades. Probably.

I'm guessing his point being he shouldn't have to do anything. They made early promises about compatibility and if they are going to change the cab then early adopters should have been given some sort of option to make it right.

#15022 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How many times can you guys talk about the same fukkin thing? Over and over and over

How much time is there?

#15024 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Alien will get built!!!! At least I hope. I really like the game and title!!!

Wait...let me try:

Alien will get built!!! Maybe, maybe not , I'm not really sure but I want one, so I hope they get built...oh and shipped, yeah shipping would be good also...but they might not, but I hope they do becasue I like it...but it might not happen, and I wish that Astropin guy would quit trying to get me to wait before asking for a refund...what a broken record that guy is.

#15047 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Even if they do magically start producing 100/month, how long is it going to be before your workforce is going to have nothing to do except stand around with their thumb up their arse? 3 months? 4 months?
Sounds very unrealistic to me :\

How so? 100 a month is 1200 a year. If it works like it should and they provide support I think they can sell LOT more than 1200 Alien pinball machines. We are talking worldwide here. I think a fully operational and supported Alien could approach the numbers of some of the better selling modern games (2004+). Stern sells popular games for many years....so does JJP.

#15052 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

They aren't even close to being at the same scale or industry presence as Stern right now and I think it's going to take more than a few months for that to change.

So? Who cares if it takes a year even...if you don't have money involved? Buy when they are shipping. If you do have money involved you have a choice...get out or wait and see.

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

FTH has been out for what, 2 years? It still doesn't have a manual. Operators who buy in big numbers like manuals.

Old news, old company.

#15053 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

At the moment, they haven't even produced 100 machines yet, that's FTH and Alien combined, over the 3 or so years.

That is speculation.

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

I think it's a little early to be saying that they'll be pumping out 100 a month in the space of 3 months, with an unproven factory and no skilled workforce to speak of.

I agree...that's pretty ambitious.

#15086 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Heighway did NOT respond to PayPal(along with not responding to me here or via email).
No matter who the Heighway management is at this time it is horrible that they refuse to respond to ANYONE!

I'm glad you got your money back!

That being said Heighway cannot currently respond to requests. There is no "current management". Andrew is gone and the new investors have not signed the legal documents yet. It's in "limbo" until they legally take over.

#15092 6 years ago

Nobody sent a deposit to Heighway to "invest" in their company and do the "limbo"...

Well not to their knowledge anyway.

#15133 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Now I think I'm far more excited for the future of JJP than HP, and that makes me sad cause I love Alien. Learned some things at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown after a few interviews, and I'm now a big supporter of them over almost every other pinbalin' manufacturer.

JJP just hasn't made a compelling game for me yet. I realize WOZ was a big hit but it was just never my style of gameplay. Hobbit I kind of liked but thought it was too easy and wouldn't last for me. DI does less for me than WOZ. Theme is very important to me which is why I'm still jazzed about Alien.

4 weeks later
#15532 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

probably what i would do yeah.
altho i do like the side art ..... rather than it with nothing..
id probably order romans glass separately.
dont really like shakers, altho was good in LAH

? The SE has side art.

#15561 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Exactly. Been saying this for a long time. Make the backbox LCD the main screen & standard on every machine. Playfield LCD for shot info, information, etc. That is all that is needed, and it can be developed appropriately on future titles. There is no reason to have 3 LCD screens on a machine, (with two mirroring the same info), as it's total overkill & clearly wasn't thought out from the start of design.
I also felt that the entire LE package was a mish-mashed mess. Too many colored trim options, when black actually looked the best IMO. I may also be in the minority, but I wasn't impressed with the hand-drawn full-sized backglass, and more importantly, it couldn't even be properly displayed if you ordered the backbox LCD. It's also pretty silly that they had to slap "35th anniversary" fonts all over the LE cabinet art, when we're actually closer to the 40th anniversary now that the game is close to being released. The Fibre Optic lighting looked really out of place with the dark theme. I'm not hating here, it just seemed clear to me that the whole LE package was thrown together, and the cohesive green Alien SE package just looks WAY better.
If I had stayed in, I would have switched to a standard with some optional upgrades (backbox LCD, lit side blades, shaker). The value is just not there for the LE, unless they make some final adjustments to the "official" version.

I agree that the backbox screen should just be standard. I disagree that the playfield screen shouldn't mirror it. When I play the ONLY time I see the backbox screen is during a ball lock or video mode. Otherwise I never see it. I've owned IM for over two years now and still have no idea what is shown on the display 90% of the game.

I do agree that the SE is the better way to go at this time...which is why I pre-ordered it in the first place. I can add beacons on my own...and cheaply.

#15608 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow I paid in full in 2014, have LE #2 and others have the game before me. WTF!!!! I have been toying with getting a refund or listing my game for sale here.
If anyone want LE #2, I would really consider selling as I'm shocked I'm not one of the first.
I'm going to decide what I'm doing tomorrow.

Who has one before you?

The one above is an SE that was sent some of the extras to make it into an LE (but not all) and that happened before Andrew left.

#15664 6 years ago

I inquired about my pre-order and got a response. They are not willing to make any promises (which I totally understand) but plan to start contacting the pre-order people who are still in very soon and "hope" to have games going out to them within a month.

Again...that's the goal...not written in stone.

#15671 6 years ago
Quoted from insx:

In America no one can hear your sarcasm.

Hey, that's fake news!

1 week later
#15766 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Polk PSW10 .. they go on sale from time to time for less than $99
https://www.adorama.com/pkaam1055c.html

Yep....by far the best "bang for your buck" in a pinball sub. They can also handle two machines simultaneously.

#15814 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Xeno Grab, at 1:00 hour mark,
Sweet Video! Thanks!

Umm... There is one at 15 minutes also.

#15873 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I must not understand what you are trying to say because DI and TNA are both three flipper games.

I think we all knew exactly what he was getting at. Alien looks like the best overall package in NIB pins right now...and I agree 100%.

That being said I think TNA looks amazing and is the best game at it's price point. Houdini also looks promising. I'm disappointed in SW and the DI theme does less than nothing for me.

If my Alien falls through (which looks like that won't happen now...yay!) then my money would be going towards a TNA.

#15880 6 years ago

Just got an email from Morgan to confirm all of my SE order details. Looks like it won't be long now.

#15885 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

********** SPOILER ALERT!!! ***************
I started up a rulesheet base on Ferret posts.
Can anyone point me to any other rulesheets so i can add anything that wasn't posted on this thread (and there was plenty posted)
Thanks Joe !

Check in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-scoring-tips

#15889 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Great article. You know when they need to pad out their "Five Dislikes" list with things like No artwork under flippers, Alien is going to be an amazing pin.

Not to mention the reason for no art under the flippers. The whole unit pops out for replacement and is designed to be universal with all Highway games.

#15918 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just got an email from Morgan to confirm all of my SE order details. Looks like it won't be long now.

Annnnd the follow up email came in today for the remainder of my balance. I'll let you all know when I get a shipping notice but certainly looks like things are starting to ramp up.

#15920 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for someone new and looking into aliens, whats the verdict? It looks good on the latest buffalo stream but cost wise and are they really shipping?

If I were you I'd wait a little bit until dummies like me let you know how it turns out. It's looking a lot better but they still have a little ways to go.

#15976 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've never had that impression. All the investors were previously invested in the company, obviously they had an interest in it and saw potential for it. Dave Sanders is spending his days doing something there, and it isn't attaching plastics in the factory for Alien.
Let's forgive them for NOT announcing the next game, and focusing on Alien. Do you really think it would be sound for them to trot out their next planned release?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I don't think that's the case at all...they will struggle to make a profit vs their investment on Alien so I'm sure they are going to try and make a go of it. Otherwise, what would be the point?

I concur. Doesn't make much sense for them to just finish Alien and then bail. Doesn't mean they will be successful but I'm sure they are going to try. I'd say they off to a good start with everything they've done since taking over. They also appear to be very experienced businessmen so I'd expect they have a plan already in place on how to move forward. I also doubt we will be made aware of their plans. They come across to me as a group that would prefer to speak more with actions than with words.

If there is a game three my guess is we won't be privy to it until it's just a couple months from being ready to ship. (That would be my advice anyway).

#16010 6 years ago

Looks like no kits for me!

#16015 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what was the cost for early adopters?

Totally depends on when you got in. Prices kept rising over a two year period.

#16034 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I'm not happy prices are going up for others, but I am happy now that I paid in full back in March. The $8k I spent then will now get me a $9k+ game. I couldn't have gotten that kinda return in my money outside of Vegas!

It's only an ROI if you can actually cash out for the difference.

#16040 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i believe his implication is that your ROI on paper means little if you don't get delivery of a game.

Nope...I think Alien will ship. Just not convinced it will hold it's value if the company goes under soon after.

Of course the opposite could happen and the value could skyrocket because of low production numbers. One never knows.

#16124 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yuk it up all you want. do you guys even discuss anything that is pseudo serious? i told you to look forward to a dissertation. simply agreeing with a post re: the visability of the flippers was completely unrelated.
need more help regarding the design issue?
if the lead software designer has acknowledged on multiple occasions having to compensate for it, i'd say it's a problem.

#16164 6 years ago

I believe greenhornet is hinting that his design flaw can be validated by something than is measured and verifiable by the audits. So time to guess.
One thought is # of left - center - right drains could be out of balance. Next I am thinking there are 3 scoops so same question about # ejects from each. There are three ramps - but I can't see a way to measure # times they've been hit, unless there are some opto's that could be nonworking. Another thing the audits reveal is # of Xeno hits or misses compared to some number of switch hit. There is no good way to measure amount of use of each flipper so that investigation is moot. Don't know about this one, still scratching my head about this one.
greenhornet A few people are getting their machine this next week, so if you intend to warn people away, you better get started.

If it is the drains I could care less about out of balance drains! Lots of great games have out of balance drains.

#16236 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why not just get an SE with all the trimmings? I can't see replacing Alien with TNA but to each his own.

Agreed.

If I had to bail on Alien I probably would get a TNA...but that would be a last resort move. No way would I pick TNA over Alien.

#16241 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Alien looks great. Has anyone Compared it's game play vs. Dialed in and Houdini? I only have room for 1 pin and trying to decide which one. Also it seems $8k is the price with LCD. What upgrades should be considered?
Also did I read the playfield can be changed to another game? Is this wide body?

Well I'm just not a Dialed In fan... so Alien over it is a no brainer for me. Houdini looks good to me but again I think you get A LOT more game for your money from Alien.

#16346 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wouldn't someone with a Standard on preorder just be better off getting the refund directly from Heighway, as opposed to going through logistics of transferring?

But then Cheeks doesn't get the big discount. I would do this with him if I was trying to bail.

1 week later
#16460 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

FWIW, I am not faulting Cointaker in any of this. I believe they're simply parroting what they're being told from New Heighway.

But that apparently was your (and others) mistake. The new owners have never said games would be shipping in July. They have consistently said that production would start again in August with games shipping in Sept....AND, that LE's would not start shipping until Oct.

This information has been in emails from the new owners (and relayed here) and on their Facebook page (from what I've heard...I haven't read their Facebook page).

#16462 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Were you waiting on standard or LE?

Shouldn't matter... no games where shipping in July....or August really. Hard to ship games when no one is on the factory floor and they didn't have parts they needed yet...just like they told everyone.

1 week later
#16604 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Just heard from Morgan to confirm my mailing address. He said the first bunch are shipping out this week.

Got the same email from Morgan today confirming my shipping address. I have an SE coming.

#16637 6 years ago

Chill

#16657 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

"We'll be making 100 per month starting August". Halfway thru September and they manage 21? Got to be pretty gullible to take anything said by them as fact.

I like how you put that in quotes as if that's what they actually stated.

#16699 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

40%? I know it was raised, but that seems a high estimate. I also asked this before, but the U.K. Dist. Had it listed with tax included, and was wondering does 20% of every sale go to VAT? Is there any other taxes on top of that? Not defending heighway, but if they were paying taxes out of the prior amount, no wonder they were running out of money. I guess my view is I would rather them raise the price to a sustainable point instead of just completing alien and closing shop. There is no denying the game is loaded, and for a small operation the price Should be higher than sterns, especially when stern has got their costs down further and further. I know it sucks to be offered a price and then they raise it, but in the long term if it means the company survives, then I'm all for it. I think heighway has made a lot of mistakes, but if they honored the preorder prices, and only raised it for new sales, my opinion is that is completely justified.

Not to mention this game is worth 20% more than any Stern I've ever seen (yes including their LE's). When you look at the features, the maturity of the code and the unbelievable sound integration it's a no-brainer value over a Stern game....and I like Stern games.

#16769 6 years ago

I'm fine. My SE will get here when it gets here.

2 weeks later
#17081 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Let's start off with a prophetic quote from Andrew:

this issue of weak lighting and/or dark playfields is present on a couple other NIB - not just Alien. check out the Houdini prototype [dark bats there too]. And how about TNA. Matt Andrews puts black in the middle of that playfield, despite acknowledging players will have a difficult time seeing the ball against black.

I have found exactly what you are going to need.

And everybody laughed at me when I made 'light' of this shortcoming. and remember the black bats only make matters worse. wait a minute, found some white ones.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

#17115 6 years ago

#lightgate

#17116 6 years ago

Last report: Oct 10, 2017 12:27 UTC
Ship type:Container Ship
Flag:Flag of Hong Kong Hong Kong
Destination:NEW YORK
ETA:Oct 16, 15:00
Lat/Lon:49.07583 N/10.81925 W
Course/Speed: 256 ° / 20.9 kn.
Current draught: 13 m
Callsign:VRBQ6
IMO / MMSI: 9300790 / 477105600

#17130 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Good news, container is in port and scheduled to be in our warehouse next week!

If they are on the OOCL Asia then they are not in port yet. I have a hard time believing that "live tracking" is off by that much.

#17131 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm in! Order placed for an Alien!

Quoted from Taygeta:

What's the ETA on the game getting to you?

Quoted from Astropin:

I currently have no idea. I'm in no flaming hurry. I'll get it when I get it

Correction...about 7 months

#17157 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

latest from CT is a mon or tues pickup. I will confirm once i hear and take pics as well.

I sure hope you're not calling/emailing Cointaker everyday.

#17178 6 years ago

JJPPOTC looks incredible. That being said I'm still looking (more) forward to the arrival of my Alien SE. Rumor is it was/is on that boat so I'm getting pretty jazed about receiving it.

#17196 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

According to CT, it's already in and being delivered tomorrow or Tues. I'm waiting to hear if it's available for pickup tomorrow. I

It's clearly not "already in" should be sometime today though...right on schedule.

#17197 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

alien's 'dark' history has already been documented with photographic evidence of before and after by pinstadium

you are quoting me from a post that was made before updated Houdini's appeared at expo.
Houdini before = DARK, especially the lower playfield.

Houdini is better lit today because AP listened to people who told them it was too dark. it WAS an issue that was acknowledged by AP. they lightened the playfield colors and added spotlights since my post.

BLACK is not BLINDING.
and i am not crazy.
JW, im going to assume you are talking about TNA's lightshow and GI. i was clearly talking about the pf art. they are two different things. IMHO, the addition of the pf art and 'mood lighting' made the game darker than some may have been expecting when they first saw all the neon pinks and purples. i dont think anybody was expecting BLACK. im not sure i would would categorize the photos below as 'crazy bright'. but im willing to listen. do you want to argue the playfield doesn't have darkness issues and that players [of all abilities] arent going to have more trouble picking up a silver ball racing against a BLACK background vs an alternative color scheme? or, do you still have no interest on commenting on the playfield art?

JW, i dont mind people who present counter arguments. but when they think/try to make it look like they made their point when when they failed, how am i supposed to answer other than to point out their flaws.
with Houdini, you failed because you used a quote of mine from an earlier point in time that is no longer relevant today [essentially quoting me out of context].
with TNA, you failed because you didn't argue my points [which you dubiously left off when you quoted me], which were the use of black in the center of the pf and Matt Andrews being on record that he didn't believe this to be a good idea, but went ahead and did it anyway. this is one of the games biggest negatives. did you find his quote by the way?
im very humble and will freely admit if/when im proven wrong.

but please, dont try to make me look bad unless you truly can.
Speaking of quotes, here is one from another professional artist commenting on the TNA art package in the Spooky production thread.

he starts off like he was really going critique it from the viewpoint of a professional artist. finally, an expert evaluation for everyone to read. all the art school buzz words started running through my head: line, color, shape, form, space, texture, value, contrast, balance, emphasis, rythym, proportion, harmony, unity, variety, pattern, interpretation.
but then what does he say?
"i don't want to talk about it."
his entire critique: "it's perfectly great".
which pretty much tells me - absolutely nothing. not one specific point on elements and/or principals. no interpretation. an unwillingness to even say i like/dont like this or that. whats going on here? is it a professional courtesy that the most qualified people to offer an opinion [professionals in the same field], dont critique/discuss another colleagues work?
why didn't you go ahead and offer your opinion? because the art was complete and nothing was going to change? well, to me that seems like to best time/reason to offer an art critique, when the work is finished and not subject to change.

#17207 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ha! I see it. When you put it like this it actually stands out like a beacon. OMG.

lol

#17209 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Shine the beacon this way! I don't know what the hell is going on!

Neither does greenhornet.

#17228 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you are omitting one additional feed to UR4.
it can also be fed from the lower left.
as ferret explains:

the entire crux of the issues facing overall gameplay lies right here.
extrapolate on this fact, paying close attention to its consequences.
refer to the questions posted earlier today and try to answer them.
ive given you a map, now you just need the compass.
Hilton, when i first mentioned i was going to share an issue, you tried to defend this game citing its terrific lower flipper play. you were way off.

it has nothing to do with the lower flippers.
in fact, if it will make you happy ill grade lower flipper play an 'A'.
it entirely revolves around upper flipper play, which is pretty close to an 'F'.

WOW, just wow. you've owned this game for six months and are going to tell me you can feed the CB lane from the lower right? that i cant wait to see. and i wouldn't mind watching video of your success rate of feeding UR4 from the lower left. i will admit, of all machines currently out there, yours was among the most forgiving when it came to this particular shot. still, pls dont make the shot sound easy. even ferret refers to it as "difficult, but possible".

the feed through the pops is documented as an opportunity to feed UR4. you instance that it is easy peasy, that it is one shot, is a bit convoluted. in order for the inner loop to feed itself, you have to have gotten to ball on UR4 in the first place, then after successfully shooting vent 3, you need to control a ball firing off of pops one inch from the lane entrance with a 'nudge'. and thats assuming the orbit diverter is closed to drop into the pops, which [i believe] is not always the case. from the outer orbit, almost the same thing. diverter must be such that it allows drop into pops [open orbit bypasses], then 'nudge' a ball firing off pops.
further, im sure these approaches to feed a flipper, are not the type rec players are hoping to find. wouldn't it have been better if the design actually provided for some reasonable feeds benefiting players of all skill levels?

people are finally starting to talk about gameplay.
very good observation on the need for a rolling ball off LL to hit the CB lane. that little momentum left to right helps masse the ball around UR4. from a dead stop - not a high percentage chance. more validation on the difficultly of the CB shot. from a pinball design standpoint, i dont believe we are looking for shots of 'doable' quality when simply attempting to feed an upper flipper.
now, what are the consequences when it comes to completing certain gameplay objectives given an inability/difficulty to feed this flipper?

That's it? That's your big gripe with this game and it took you THIS LONG just to spit that out? Unbelievable.

#17260 6 years ago

Well now the whole game is completely ruined! Nobody told me there would be difficult shots in a pinball game! Who wants to buy an SE?

(Do I really need to post the sarcasm sign?)

#17283 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I don't really care about what you think are issues. I've read through every post in this thread, including all of yours, and your "big reveal" brought up some interesting points, but none that I really care about. I have issues like yours with plenty of games, but like ferret said, it's not as easy as just changing out one thing, it affects other parts of the game. You had all this lead up and foreplay for your post and it basically amounted to "well, if I was designing this pin, I would have designed this part differently". No shit, everyone would have. I would have put biomechanical dicks everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Then you would have posted about how if you designed it, you would have moved some of my biomechanical dicks, and I would care even less about that.
TL;DR: Everyone has their own thoughts on how things should be designed, based on how they like to play and what types of games appeal to them. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, and the game is what the game is, so stop talking about design choices as if they can be changed now. If you want to talk about that, make a new post called "Alien: What If....: One man's opinion on the design choices of Alien pinball by Heighway" and stop filling this thread with more damned fluff.

#17292 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've played it a bunch to know the Alien mech still isn't there

I think you need to tell us all about this story. Oh wait, you already have...1000 times. On a game he should never have been able to purchase in the first place. Jumping the line big time and throwing cash at a cash starved Andrew just to bribe his way into an Alien prior to one of his big events...which it didn't make it to. I'd say he got what he deserved.

It will probably get fixed someday and I'm not sure I even care when that day comes...but keep us all informed.

#17303 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And just for the record it's 4 times since July....but yours makes a better story.
Wouldn't really count that as spam city personally.
July 2017

August 2017

September 2017

October 2017

Okay...let it go...just yanking your chain a little. I like most of what you post here...just a little perturbed about how this machine was acquired. Plus Clay can fight his own battles.

#17351 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Delivery isn’t included in cost of the game? Pretty steep price to pay and then have 9 hours of travel on top of that.

Who the F includes delivery in the price of their NIB machine? Name one.

#17352 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

stats and observations from rec player play show it taking nearly 3 GAMES to complete a SINGLE LC. the factory default to start save newt MB is 3 complete LC in a SINGLE GAME. the audits [over 1350 plays] from a decidedly average player [who probably didnt know how to progress the LC], started save newt MB only ONCE every 60 games. same machine started hypersleep MB only ONCE every 23 games. ambush and sentry guns MB both started ONCE every 4 games. that is a considerable difference.

As soon as I read this I thought...PERFECT! I want it to be hard to complete...very hard. It should (on average) take an owner a couple years to even see All Out War...if that. Hell I owned LOTR for eight years and never got to Valinor...and I know I'll never get to DoD Multiball on IM...not without removing glass.

#17358 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don’t know, that’s why I fuckin’ asked. Who the F often gets a NIB pin from across the Atlantic shipped to them? Figured shipping and delivery would be included.
Lighten up Chachi, I wasn’t even talking to you anyway.

lol....I'm not mad, it was just a silly comment since no manufacturer includes shipping. Distributors might but that's a different story.

#17380 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i am spreading facts, not venom.

No, what you are posting is opinion...not facts. And a very skewed opinion at that. How the game is laid out is a fact; that the layout sucks is your opinion.

#17420 6 years ago

I'll be inviting some Pinsiders over to help unbox mine and give it a thorough testing!

#17451 6 years ago

Just confirmed with Melissa at Cointaker that my game was on that ship!

BTW in my brief conversation with her she mentioned some people had been giving her a hard time about shipping. Saying they had been promised free shipping from Highway? If that came from Andrew you can forget it. If it came from the new owners you better work it out with them. That's not Cointakers problem and they obviously can't ship pins for free.

BTW she quoted me a great shipping price (but I'm not too far from them).

#17455 6 years ago

Must be some LE owners that ordered from Andrew.

You mean SE? Only SE's have been shipped so far. I ordered direct from Highway...but I was never promised free shipping.

#17457 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Free shipping is nice but I'm not waiting around for a game to be delivered...always worth the pick up!

Depends on the distance. Cointaker is a solid 9hr drive for me...one way.

#17559 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's a slower pace but there are a few shots that flow really well to make it not your typical widebody snooze fest.

I'm actually a big fan of widebodies...just look at my current collection. I'm also a big fan of Judge Dread. I don't think any of those are snooze fests. Although I'm not a big fan of TZ or WOZ.

#17580 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, the new ramps look great. Until they won't anymore. Too bad that wasn't addressed in production but at least games are finally arriving.

As long as the ball goes up them I'm good.

#17592 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

RampGate is still a thing?

Never was a thing. We're just pretending with PoMC. Makes him feel good.

#17613 6 years ago

The score of .875B above seems impossible to most.

That's an odd way of saying 875 million.

#17618 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So who has the other CT Aliens? Guessing they are being shipped to end users.....anxious to see more unboxings!!!

I've got one...hasn't shipped yet.

#17658 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've got one...hasn't shipped yet.

Update...shipping today.

#17743 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Update...shipping today.

Further update...scheduled for (this) Thursday delivery.

But you people are scaring the crap out of me with all the reported issues. I will report in detail the condition and operation of my game as soon as I can.

#17751 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

They've already spent the money they got from these guys. They want the new cash.

The last thing you want to do in a situation like this is underestimate how much cash will be needed...and these "businessmen" should have known better.

Don't ever do a "best case scenario"...assume a worst case scenario and then add another 25%.

#17774 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm a pre-order, delivery scheduled Thursday. Games are shipping! hopefully this is a sign of the heighway ship heading back on course.

Ditto.

#17808 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I thank you for your kind words on the quality of the code in Alien. However, I had to sleep on your comment that Alien's depth isn't comparable to LOTR. (For the record, I own and love LOTR, it's probably #2 on my list of "games I'd want with me on a deserted island" ... I've always been a Tolkien fan, love the LOTR movies, and think the LOTR pin is beautifully executed, represents its theme well, and is great fun to play.)
I consider "depth" to reflect the number of distinct, meaningful rules in a game, and how they can interact with each other. Considering that...
LOTR has 6 very distinct main game modes + 1 mode mini-wiz (based on mode performance), with all modes exclusive. Alien has 8 very distinct main game modes + 2 mode mini-wiz (based on mode performance), with all modes exclusive, and with most modes boostable by out-of-mode activity.
LOTR has 4 very distinct primary multiballs, with 3 exclusive and 1 stackable. Alien has the same. On both games, multiballs can stack on an active mode.
LOTR has Gifts of the Elves; Alien has Weapons. Both of these can stack with other stuff as appropriate. LOTR does have SRFMB, which doesn't have an analog in Alien.
LOTR has Super features; Alien has a more accessible 2x Playfield. Both of these can stack with other stuff.
LOTR has [Super] Ring Frenzy; Alien has Rescue. Both of these can stack with other stuff.
LOTR has Destroy the Ring; Alien has nothing like that.
Both games have über wizard modes; LOTR's is for "winning" everything, while Alien's is for starting everything.
Both games have a nice variety of "miscellaneous" features.
Unless I'm forgetting something major from LOTR, I think Alien's depth is objectively right in line with LOTR's. However, I'd say that LOTR is "longer" than Alien, in the sense that LOTR requires you to do something over and over A LOT if you want to "beat the game". RotK MB alone requires 28 lit shots to "win" (the same 4 shots, 7 times over). That's certainly a LOT of shots, but I don't think that increases the depth of the game, it just makes it more of a grind. FotR MB requires "only" 18 lit shots to win, but if you don't manage that in a single go, it's really a grind to get back to FotR on typical game settings. I think this "length" is why Valinor is nigh unreachable for most players. Frankly, I wasn't interested in that level of exclusivity when designing Alien's rules... I think it's OK if a strong intermediate player "beats the game" once in awhile, and doesn't need an hour to do so.
This really isn't a competition -- I think players should play or buy a game because they love the game's experience, not just because it has the deepest ruleset ever created. But as I said, I went to bed last night with my brain percolating over Alien's depth, and just wanted to give a brain dump of my opinion.

Wow! Great post.

I owned LOTR for eight years. Great game but as the years went on I played it less and less...the "grind" got to me.

For me personally you just described why Alien should be far superior to LOTR (from a purely codeing perspective).

#17825 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Where r the other 20 games that CT received?

Some are getting theirs today...several are getting theirs tomorrow (myself included) and looks like west coasters should be receiving theirs by Friday.

#17867 6 years ago

Ditto!

20171026_110410 (resized).jpg20171026_110410 (resized).jpg

#17891 6 years ago

So how did my day go?

Got the call this morning that the truck was 30 minutes away:
20171026_104612 (resized).jpg20171026_104612 (resized).jpg

Alien landed:
20171026_110410 (resized).jpg20171026_110410 (resized).jpg

Can one man get Alien down to his basement...with stairs that have a 90 degree turn? Yes, yes he can (but not recommended) These games are modular right? So just remove the playfield and take everything down piece by piece.
These are just some of the connections...unlike FT with Alien you need to disconnect seven connections to get the playfield out.
20171026_125538.jpg20171026_125538.jpg
20171026_130330.jpg20171026_130330.jpg
20171026_130344.jpg20171026_130344.jpg

Getting the playfield down the stairs (with my only helper...note the 90 degree turn we just negotiated)
20171026_131135.jpg20171026_131135.jpg

Backbox, playfield, legs, and glass top all waiting for the cab:
20171026_131353.jpg20171026_131353.jpg

It's alive!
20171026_171116.jpg20171026_171116.jpg
20171026_171126.jpg20171026_171126.jpg

Everything appears to be working 100%. No extra fuses and the right one's where installed (obviously). My Alien says it's No. 20.

What a great freaking game! The theme integration is unbelievable. The lights, the sounds, the coding...it's a masterpiece. Tons of call outs and I'm sure I've just grazed the surface so far. Great lines from both movies and awesome cut scenes as well. Will take a little getting used to as far as nailing down the shots. Four flippers takes a little getting used to as well. So far I LOVE IT. The Alien ball grab appears to be working perfectly so far. Always cool to watch but I kind of hope they don't add more action to it. I like it kind of rare to keep it special. Love how different the two movies are...as they should be. Completely different sound track but both are amazing. Id have to say far and away this is the best sound package ever put into a pinball machine! (Yes I'm hooked to a sub.)

Is it all perfect no...the ball launcher sucks. Pain in the ass to adjust (IMHO)...only three screws but even when it looks good...it's not. I've tried twice so far but still cannot get consistent ball launches. In fact most end up going into the super launch mode that fires the coil like 6 or 7 times in quick succession. If those don't work (which has only happened once) then you are kind of screwed and have to open it up.

#17934 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The Find Jonesy scene has a mode bonus if you find an actual live cat while playing.

Find Jonsey literally had my dog running around the basement searching for a cat! (No joke).

#17940 6 years ago

So Alien was the 20th pin I've purchased...and the one I received says it's the 20th Alien made. Interesting coincidence.

#17945 6 years ago

One other minor issue/observation.

With the volume at zero there is no sound (good) with the volume at 1 it's kind of loud

I'd like a LOT more variation in the volume control. I can't even imaging what cranking it into the teens would do (probably blow the speakers).

Based on the current volume there are times I'd like to be at 0.4. Certainly can't play it after anyone has gone to bed (Games in basement...bedrooms upstairs...2 floors away).

#17947 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, this and Ramp Up Quality Control. It seems everyone has had some kind of problem right out of the box.

Honestly so far it sounds like no more than any other manufacturer. Virtually all games need something tweaked after being shipped (That's all my Alien needed...some minor tweaks). Sometimes it's a little more than that. Out of 20 games I can maybe think of one that needed zero adjustments after being shipped.

#17948 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is there an adjustable amp inside the cabinet? On Full Throttle I had some knobs I could adjust, you should be able to turn the overall volume down so the software controls is more of how you'd like it.

Great tip...I'll look at that!

On that note...is there a connection for a sub? Or do you just clip to the cabinet speaker like other games? (Right now I'm just clipped).

#17960 6 years ago

The number of people needing immediate support has grown following delivery of first batch of Aliens to N America and second batch to EU.

Besides delt31 who needed "immediate support" from the latest batch? Even delt could still play the game. Mine (so far) is working as it should.

#17970 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

A pricey boutique pinball with limited ASAP technical support would be an odd pinball machine to buy for someone incapable of minor troubleshooting

That describes the entire pinball hobby (all machines both new and old). This is not the best choice (as a hobby) if you are not willing and able to dig in and fix things. Unless you don't mind paying big bucks to have someone come to your home in person and fix them for you.

#18006 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

SE came with LED lighting for the side panels. That was not an option I ordered, but is standard. I ordered shaker and beacons from the factory and came installed.

It was an option for the interior side blades. I have that option.

#18009 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Your blades light up?

Yes.

20171026_171116 (resized).jpg20171026_171116 (resized).jpg

#18010 6 years ago

I just posted a fix for the ball launcher in the support thread.

#18013 6 years ago

Yes they are supposed to, unfortunately yours don't and you didn't even list that problem yet. This is A LOT of quality issues coming out of 25 pinball machines made. delt31 Search for a connector you may have overlooked to plug in and power the insides.

The sideblades are not "supposed to" light up. It's an option that you had to purchase on the SE.

#18033 6 years ago

Uh, you realize that 8 to 10 people have posted pics and video in this thread and others, and many have had an issue or two? I didn't want any Pinsiders to keep their head in the sand, thinking only one guy had received a particularly bad pin. This is the official Heighway Pinball thread, and so far they suck.

Flat wrong (if you are referring to the games that just shipped). Even delt31 would admit that his game is not "particularly bad"...he has some lights out.

#18040 6 years ago

Since doing my "fix" on the launcher it has worked 100%. Here is a picture of what I did:
20171028_134512 (resized).jpg20171028_134512 (resized).jpg

delt here is a picture of the side blade wires and where it connects.
20171028_134535 (resized).jpg20171028_134535 (resized).jpg
20171028_134545 (resized).jpg20171028_134545 (resized).jpg

And you had asked for a picture of the main board:
20171028_134653 (resized).jpg20171028_134653 (resized).jpg

Here is the amp where you control the master volume setting (two dials for volume) and one each for bass and treble.
20171028_134713 (resized).jpg20171028_134713 (resized).jpg

And I finally got a half decent score:
20171028_134352 (resized).jpg20171028_134352 (resized).jpg

#18043 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

astropin thanks! They wired it just like I imagined. It looks like the end of the connection goes into an adapter but where does that cord end? I'm wondering where the lights connect to the board. Can you show that? Thanks!

It looks like it runs up into the playfield. I'll have to see if I can track it down.

#18050 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Wish I could tell everyone how great Alien is. Unfortunately, after spending several hours setting it up, cleaning the filthy metal ramps, mylaring the relevant areas and finally grinding off a burr on one of the ramps that was exactly where a pinball would hit it, I got ready to turn it on and play for the first time. Started up fine, went into test mode and the tongue came out and stayed out like this. Switch test showed a stuck switch, but without any documentation it's hard to know what to do.
I guess now I wait until Monday and see if I can find some tech support. Disappointed to say the least.

Mine stuck out like that once. I shoved it back in and re-booted. Worked for me. But be careful if you try it

#18059 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Or power down the game and push it all the way back to reset it. Do not try moving the tongue or jaw while powered up, you WILL damage the servo and stepping motor!

Good tip...mine was off when I pushed it back in. It did give some resistance. Has worked perfectly ever since.

#18076 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Guys I appreciate the suggestions but mine sure seems FUBAR'd. I went in and disabled the xeno head figuring I would play without it. I still get a funny noise coming from the xeno area and now when I press the start button, every solenoid fires and the shooter lane plunger fires repeatedly yet it doesn't fire the solenoid to push a ball up into the shooter lane. This thing is screwed up.

Did you blow a fuse?

#18099 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

What purpose do the weapons serve in gameplay.
I've got to figure out what's wrong with my button and why it's not lighting up.

Mine is not lighting up either...but it still works. Today I finally used the shotgun to start Ambush after my last ball went down an outlane....very cool.

#18105 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I had a chance to play an Alien last night. I think it was an early made game as it didn't have the xenomorph head, I assume the owner is waiting on a replacement. Overall the game is really cool. My only knock against the game is that it's too dark with not 1 spotlight on the playfield. However, the animations, shots, lighting effects, rules, and audio are all excellent. The cabinet felt very solid and well made. If Highway can the get the bugs worked out and offer consistent build quality + support for customers I think they will sell a lot of these games.

Its unfortunate that people are still running into mostly proto games in the wild. I feel like the production games adds so much more to the experience. A working Xenomorph is a big deal and going from code .94 to 1.02 is a pretty big jump a well.

#18132 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Finally got mine up and running other than the xeno. It's a fun game when it works.
This is what you can accomplish when multiball never shuts off. I finally got tired of playing and shut it off. I've had it happen several times now. Wondering if this is a stuck switch or possibly a code problem. Anyone else experience the same thing?

So far mine has never done this.

Oh...and I fixed my launch button light ...loose bulb.

#18151 6 years ago

So far I have not had a single random reset. No shaker.

#18160 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How often does this happen, percentage wise?

Only happens on mine when the ball has a lot of speed moving away from the magnet. If it's anywhere near the magnet it gets sucked in.

#18163 6 years ago

So is anyone else getting this or is it just me? I'm consistently scoring higher playing Aliens vs Alien. All my top scores have come from starting with Aliens. If I where to run into this pin in a tournament anytime soon I know I'd start with Aliens. Could just be me but that's my early observation...although I'm still miles from fully grasping all the rules.

#18175 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kneissl = great guy, and appreciate him letting me come by to play his Alien....2 words...HOLY SHIT!!! This machine exceeded my expectations, and one of the coolest layouts Ive ever played. ALL four flippers have great shots, and the game can be brutally fast.
This is the total package we have been waiting for...I NEED MINE!!!! More on gameplay later, but lets be clear ....the build, layout, immersion of this machine is like nothing Ive ever played before.....Wow, just Wow!!!

Yes sir. Hope you get yours ASAP...this one will be a long time keeper.

#18190 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else have their ball get caught in the small gap that exists in the right flip ramp shot? It's happened about 5 times in past two weeks but when it's caught only a major tilt gets it out. When I get my new game I'm thinking about putting some clear in that crack to prevent assuming that one has a similar one....

Few times. I've got my tilt set low enough that I can nudge it out without tilting. I'm at 7.6 degrees on mine so that might be helping as well.

#18193 6 years ago

Ongoing reliability of Xeno head and preventing system reboots are real concerns that have to be resolved

I must have missed the Xeno head issues. One person with theirs stuck out is an ongoing reliability issue? The reboots can be prevented by disabling the shaker motor (for now)...but yeah they need to sort that one out.

#18210 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They NEED to take care of the people that supported them early on and are sitting with broken games, missing parts, or non functioning parts due to code surpassing current hardware.
I love the game, but I dont care how cool it is when they cant even return a phone call or email to confirm a timeline for game replacement as they had committed to. If they dont support the people that bought in years ago or helped them display early units then they are not going to support others in the future.

It's starting to look more and more like they are in serious financial trouble. So all those games that got "paid in full" years ago...that money is long gone, yet they still need to make and ship those games...which costs money. And I really don't understand them not getting parts out to people who need them...how hard is that? What are we really talking about...maybe 10 or less people total who need parts? And Aurich never got his game for doing all the artwork...WTH???

If they are not in financial trouble then what...they're just inept? That's not much better.

#18218 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So my Launch button does not light up at all. If I push the Launch button during gameplay, it registers and works when using whatever weapon you have at that time. I switched the bulb with a bulb from the extra ball button and and the light will not work. It seems like the wiring is fine but maybe it's not? Am I missing something?
Besides that, machines is spectacular. Game play is off the hook.

Okay...I finally figured out my launch button light issue. It wasn't working at all...in testing or game play. I fiddled with the bulb and it starting working in test mode so I figured I was all set. Wrong...it still didn't light up during a game

So I looked again at test mode...there are TWO launch buttons is test mode...normal and auxiliary. Mine was lighting on auxiliary but not normal. So I swapped the wiring on it. There was a spare pair of wires the same color as the connected launch button wires. I swapped them and now my button lights up in both (normal) test and during games! They had connected the auxiliary wires at the factory. Why there are auxiliary wires in the first place I do not know.

#18269 6 years ago

I'd agree with most of what you wrote except for the hundreds of thousands of dollars that were taken in in Nov and Dec of 2016, that did not show up in the cash balance of HP's annual filing nor was used to pay vendors and suppliers. The money and Andrew vanished, and that is the unexplained portion of the story causing me empuzzlement
If the new Owners purchased HP for $1 and were fully aware they were starting in that deep of a hole, I don't have a lot of respect for their business acumen. Probably safe to estimate the size of the hole as - hundreds of thousands owed to vendors and subcontractors plus $1.5M for 200 games @$7.5k owed to prepaid folks. I'd round the total up to $2M. So new Owners announced they were planning to selling 200 new games @$10k, and implied they would build 400 games with the money to make everyone whole. It is easy to do the math and see they would need to build each game for under $5k, but that is if there are no new unaccounted for expenses. So far what is unaccounted for is the large amount of work left to do (above the planned effort to build the games) needed to SUPPORT the game during its two year run.

Your last few posts have been nothing but mountains of pure speculation. You're not helping anyone... Just stop already.

#18273 6 years ago

Your saying my comments are not helping anyone makes some big assumptions.

Yes...it's making the assumption that you're talking out your ass...which never helps anyone, ever.

#18302 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

This good enough?
EDIT: I broke out the meter and it's like it looks, the left two are connected and the right two.

I got the same:
20171101_202353 (resized).jpg20171101_202353 (resized).jpg

#18307 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Andrew looked me in the eyes and delivered a deliberate, bold faced lie. After he ‘once again’ reassured me that I would “go to the front of the line” and get my LE Full Throttle and Alien LE by late summer (guaranteed), I agreed to send him payment in full (plus air freight). He committed fraud. It is beyond just running a business and then failing at it. The next question is, did he simply empty the bank account and then slink away. I have another few months before statute of limitations will force me to file a lawsuit (assuming UK mirrors US law). Hopefully I can get satisfaction before then....

Who are you sueing again? Andrew is long gone and anything he promised you no longer applies to Heighway pinball. Good luck getting any money out of Andrew.

#18312 6 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

Anyone else having an issue with when you press the flipper buttons' some of the lights light up a bit near the flippers? Other than this anomaly, my game is playing perfect!

Quoted from Kneissl:

Mine does that flicker, I thought it was on purpose, But maybe it's some interference from running the flipper power wires parallel with everything else?

Mine does this also...not sure it's issue though...might be normal/on purpose.

#18314 6 years ago

I have to say as of right now everything on mine appears to be working propery. All lights, Xeno head, Start button, launcher...never had a reset (no shaker) and have never had an everlasting multiball.

#18338 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

You guys kick serous ass!!

Been playing it a lot and it's simply time to admit to myself that this is the greatest pinball machine I've ever played. It's the complete package. Of course if it breaks in a week and I can't get fixed I'd be pissed.

It does take getting used to. You are going to CLUNK a lot of shots until you figure them out. The shots are pretty tight and some are really tight. Once you start to get a feel for them this thing can really flow! Upper right though the upper left loop is STUPID FAST. Even back to back outer loops can get cranking.

Favorite shot of course is the lower right to the middle left to the upper right to the upper left ramp. It's like nailing the "Picard maneuver"...but more satisfying.

#18343 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

speaking of tight shots - how is your right orbit doing? When the ball comes down from it (after a non clean shot does't make it go around) I feel like it should always come back to flipper but sometimes it hits the right sling on mine. How does yours play?

Left orbit is clean back to the flipper. The right orbit can sometimes hit the sling.

#18361 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Oh man does it flow!
What kind of scores are you guys getting? My best is around 150mil. It seems like I'm coming out of ambush or maybe sentry gun (or both?) with buku points if I hit a decent number of shots. Still working on completing most of the modes.. I think I've completed 3 maybe 4.. you really gotta have the shots locked in to progress through.
Edit: right orbit for me is no sling with good speed, but sling if it's moving slow unless you give a tap as it comes off the orbit.

So far my best is just over 100 million. I finally finished "find Jonesy"...what a cool mode that is with "Jonesy" popping up in random locations, each time with a perfect sound cue. I'm right with you... think I've finished about 4 or 5 modes so far. I'm trying to get to "all out war"...best so far is started all of Aliens and about three into Alien.

#18387 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Hey Ferret,
I tried the pop test in the menu. The left post goes up and stays up for a second or two. The right only goes up for a fraction of a second. I know someone that owns a new Alien and has the exact same issue and does the exact same thing in test. The orbit switches were tested and they worked fine.
I also know someone that has one of the few original Aliens that came out a while back. He says his posts work fine and don't have this problem. We all started to think this is a code issue since and It's only the newer Aliens that are having this problem.
Let me know what you think. I'm probably wrong but I'd love your opinion.
I tried playing Derelict Ship. The green orbit shot would divert into the pops the first time. After that, the green orbit would activate the pop for a fraction of a second and wouldn't divert the ball anymore.
I'll try queens nest tomorrow.

I can confirm my production game behaves the same as yours.

#18417 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

YES MEIN FURHER!! I SHALL NOT SPEAK ILL OF YOUR PRECIOUS ANDREW HEIGHWAY ELSE I BE BANNED!!!!

Me thinks this needed a quoted post to go with it?

#18438 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

After reading this saga

Really...you read all 18,000+ posts? Impressive. Now tell us (especially the owners in possession of new games) how Heighway is just like JPOP and SkitB again?

#18441 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

This isn't the right thread to answer this but considering you keep posting about how good your alien is in the refund thread(which BTW, people waiting on refunds are not interested in hearing about) I will answer this.

I made ONE post in that thread mentioning how much I liked the game...1.

Out of 33 posts.

#18476 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I also got the beacons wired up so this thing is shooting on all cylinders 100% perfect.
Beacons are a must IMO if you have the space.
Edit video of beacons in action
» YouTube video

Oh I have got to get on that...looks great! If you post up some instructions that would be most appreciated.

#18482 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Mine had that problem and I think at least one other person did as well. They have 2 sets of wires for the button and the wrong ones had been installed. Simple fix to switch wires.

Yep, that was me...same fix.

#18507 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes but this is the official thread.

It's the official thread for what the hell is happening at Heighway with this game. There is a separate "club" thread for owners.

#18510 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This shouldn't even be a discussion. It should just get done.

I agree. But it's also a really easy DIY thing.

#18524 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Actually this is not correct. Per Morgan at Heighway...we are selling games to people who just ordered in order to increase our cash flow. Your game you paid for months ago will be ready sometime in the future, perhaps by Christmas.

Was that in an email?

#18535 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes like plastics that won’t break, face huggers that won’t break, and Mylar.

Actually I can't imagine how the face huggers would break...mine are very "rubbery"/flexible.

#18561 6 years ago

*** DO NOT BUY an ALIEN Pinball Machine ... if you expect the main toy - Xeno head - to work flawlessly.

My Xeno head currently works flawlessly. I've only had to fix it one time when it became stuck in the out position (ONE TIME). Turned game off...shoved it back in and it has worked PERFECTLY since.

My game is currently operating 100%. All switches, coils, optos, lights, screens and sound system are working perfectly.

BTW...to all owners...Cliffy has a protector for the mode start hole, I've got one on the way. I also ordered a carbon graphite magnet protector from him and it fits perfectly on Alien.

#18578 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

There is an inductive switch in the lane as well. There are two settings easy and hard for the chestburster, easy is just the inductive switch, hard is both that and the standup.

Is hard really "both" I mean if you hit the stand-up you obviously rolled over the inductive and it should reward both (if needed).

#18580 6 years ago

Don't worry, the problem doesn't exist, it is a fragment of your imagination and is therefore not a fact.

I think you meant figment.

#18607 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hardest part is probably ensuring the video cables are plugged into the correct ports, so the Airlock and backbox screens don’t try to swap places.

Been there...done that...easy fix.

#18611 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

According to this logic, no business would ever fail.

Well I think this would have to be revised to "no business making a great product would ever fail"...which I would still disagree with. Plenty of great products have failed. Beta was better in every single way over VHS...but the porn industry jumped on VHS; done & done.

#18618 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what ever will I do with that huge pallet of money just sitting in my guest house?

where do you live again?

#18635 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

IMO, the difficulty of a pinball game is entirely in the code. All shots should be makeable with relative ease.

Ugh. "Relative ease"....really? I hate those games...well maybe not at first but eventually. You can play FOREVER on them (too long for me anyway). I like tough games with tough shots!

Owned LOTR for eight years and it got to the point that I almost never played it. I had one game last two hours...TWO HOURS. I hated that. Now IM I love...never had a game over 20 minutes and most game are under 4.

Alien is great just for this reason...some tough ass shots...and boy o boy does it feel good when you nail them!

#18643 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

that dissertation? im willing to create a thread of its own for everyone to read/address. i feel its too important to get lost/buried in this one. im confident a number of people will look back 6 months/a year from now and have reassessed their opinions on this particular aspect of the game. perhaps they will be saying 'see look at all the software adjustments ferret had to make to make this game more playable'. perhaps they will be saying 'look how nobody bought the game due to this or that', 'look how many are for sale for this or that reason'. perhaps they will be saying 'look at all the unfavorable comments buyers/owners/players have made over the last year that stem from the assertions greenhornet presented 12 months ago'. im not certain what they will be saying, but they will be saying something.
have it your way Hilton. its a shame you still dont understand all the fallout/ramifications of this design choice. they are many. perhaps you will be hearing from Dave Sanders personally due to your unyielding stubornness.

Care to make a wager Mr.Hornet? Regardless if Heighway makes a lot more or only a small number, the value will rise over time because it's such a fun game. That's my call.

#18658 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can I play? I may be a bit biased (though who knows if I'm more biased than new owners in the honeymoon period) but I've played a *lot* of games on it...
I think the upper flipper play on Alien is excellent. UL->Chestburster is a nice combo with its own special rule. UL->Vent 2 is fast and fun and situationally useful as well. UL->right ramp is surprisingly easy and feels great... only problem is that I haven't thought up a rule I'm happy with to specially reward this. Chestburster->UR->Vent 3 and Chestburster->UR->upper ramp are also good combos with a dedicated rule. UR->Recharge is the most reliable way to hit that target, which is beneficial in all modes and multiballs. There aren't "special" rules reasons to do UR->Airlock or UR->right ramp, but those shots are also options from the UR flipper, and I'll often take UR->Airlock if lock isn't lit but Airlock is... e.g. useful during Queen's Nest, since it wants you to alternate pops and Airlock.
So, yes, I enjoy using all 4 flippers on this game.
Now, do I wish the upper (Hypersleep) ramp was a little easier? Yes, I do. I think if the point of no return on that ramp was about 2 inches closer to the ramp entrance, it'd be perfect. But it's not unreasonable as it stands.
One thing that I have heard from quite a few players is that the geometry of Alien is just "different" from, say, a Ritchie or Lawlor game. I'd agree with that. The shots flow well, but they don't feel quite the same as most WMS or Stern. It takes some games to get used to, and during that time, I wouldn't be surprised if a player bricked more shots than normal. At least based on my experience watching visitors (of various skill levels) who've gotten in a few rounds on my Alien, they get the hang of it before too long.

Exactly! It is a game that needs to be played a fair amount to figure out the shot angles. Once you get there this game is gold. Prior to that it can be brick city for a bit.

Hornet I would like this game less if it was easier to get to the upper right flipper.

#18679 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

OK, while I've generally just been giving little snippets of info about game features, I'll actually throw out full information on Rescue, because it's not well explained on the game... this is something that needs to be made more clear.
Rescue is a hybrid hurryup/frenzy feature. It's started by completing the APC drop targets *in order* (A, P, C) X times (X is operator adjustable, and gets harder [and more valuable] after each Rescue). You'll know you're doing them in order because the APC inserts will light gold instead of green as you drop targets. When Rescue begins, a point value will start counting down (a hurryup). While this hurryup is going, completing the APC drops again (doesn't have to be in order) will boost the hurryup value and continue the hurryup.
Shooting the Xeno during the hurryup will collect and freeze the hurryup point value, which then becomes the switch value for a switch frenzy... i.e. all switches are worth this value, for a timed period. You can extend the Rescue timer as much as you want by hitting the Xeno. However, there is a catch: you're not awarded the frenzy points directly... they go into a pot. You must complete the APC targets again (doesn't have to be in order) to complete the Rescue and collect the pot. So basically: feel free to extend the timer forever and keep racking up crazy frenzy points, but don't drain or time-out before cashing out the APC drops or it all goes bye-bye. Rescue is stackable in any order with everything except All Out War, so clearly it's most valuable when played with a multiball... although errant balls might complete APC before you want and end the Rescue early, so be careful.
(At some point I had a "duh!" moment and noted a rule enhancement where cashing out the frenzy by completing the APC drops in order should award extra value... that isn't the case in v1.02 but will be in a future version.)
There is a narrative around this feature, with the APC bringing in the Marines, who get into a firefight with Xeno killing a-plenty, but it only matters if the Marines can escape again on the APC... hopefully we'll be able to present more of that narrative in future code updates.
Enjoy!

Most excellent! None of us would have ever had a clue about this. We need a full rules writeup. But I have a feeling that would take quite a while.

#18697 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Who cares? This is the official tread, which isn't mutually exclusive to the owners thread. Am I missing something?

Yeah...someone is a grown man going on 10.

#18755 6 years ago

Wouldn't full throttle have to be the sales hit that WOZ was for this to be the case?
Don't believe we would have JJP today if not for WOZ.

Not that it really means anything but Alien is a way better pin than WOZ (IMHO).

#18793 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Gosh, I so wish I could update from 0.94. I know....broken record.

I'd be a little pissed at this point also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
356 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Astropin. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.