pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AloneMordakai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Has it been officially announced that the swappable PFs will be $3900.00?

See post #252 for details from Heighway.

#268 9 years ago

Very excited about this pin and really happy with the info that Heighway has been putting out.

#281 9 years ago

Just watched Aliens last night with the gf (and currently playing Alien: Isolation on console), and there are just a million lines I'd like to see from the movies make it into this pin. Literally a million (not literally).

Such a great IP.

#305 9 years ago

#117 for the Halo fans in the audience.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

FYI - I've emailed three people there with no response yet to pick my number. Maybe they are all super busy making games?

I emailed Andrew Heighway and the @info address. He responded to both within 48 hours. I think it was about a day and a half. They've been really good about communication, so I'm sure you'll be receiving confirmation soon. It does feel like a long time when you're waiting though.

edit- I should add that my emails were about a week ago.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

He contacted me tonight. Looks like they were making some moves. All good and I'm working on my LE number now!
Thanks all.
BSL

Glad to hear it Brent.

1 month later
#506 9 years ago

Well... not exactly the early December update I was hoping for.

#515 9 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Just hope they don't cut any corners to meet an over optimistic deadline.

Absolutely. I would hope that the deadline was reasonable to begin with, but I understand that set-backs occur, or sometimes the plan is too aggressive for the time allowed. But for me, I'd rather wait a bit than get a lackluster product.

I'm pretty new to the community, but looking around at the different companies and watching other threads, Heighway is and has been giving me good vibes and I've been pleased with everything I've seen from them so far.

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

As we are still awaiting some approvals and we want to give you an update now, we would like to share with you a basic 3-D image of the playfield design.

Awesome, thanks for the update! Really looking forward to this pin and can't wait to see more updates when you're able to show us.

#560 9 years ago

Our sim currently concentrates on 'Aliens' and much of the work over the next few months will be developing the 'Alien' ruleset.

Andrew - This is one pin incorporating two different movies, I guess I hadn't really thought about it, but are the modes for the movies going to be completely intertwined? If I'm working on or have completed one mode from 'Alien,' can I immediately move on to a mode from 'Aliens?'

For example, if I'm tasked to destroy the Nostromo for a mode in 'Alien' (note to Pinsiders: this is a completely fabricated example, I obviously have no knowledge of the game modes or any rules), could I then immediately move on to an 'Aliens' mode where I have to get Bishop to remote pilot a ship down? Or will they be completely separate where I choose if I'm playing 'Alien only' modes or 'Aliens only' modes?

I hope this hasn't been asked and answered, but I've been keeping a pretty close eye on the updates and don't recall seeing anything about it.

Thanks!

#567 9 years ago

Both options could even be present in the final game - with the default setting being able to be changed in game adjustments.

Thanks for the info! Very cool ideas, really like 'both options' possibility. Can't wait to hear more.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hey Andrew. Any chance of getting some nice spinners on the table - B and/or J lanes on the playfield layout? I keep thinking it would be cool to here marine assault rifle or turrets firing based on the number of rotations on the spinner when hit.
Just ideas ...

Love it.

#622 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

dunno, but I think the thinking behind it is an operator can have a spare, replace it on location, take the broken one with him and fix it at his shop, instead of trying to repair it at the location. So swappable does not mean disposable.

I was also thinking that it will make it easier on those that aren't as savvy trying to repair/replace parts on their own machines.

1 month later
#663 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Looks like they just had the Full Throttle launch party yesterday.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index9.html
Cool game, and I'm glad its coming out soon, but waiting on ALIEN pics like everybody here...

That illuminated side art is gorgeous. Hope they are doing similar with Alien - would love to see it in a green or something subdued / not full white (assuming it looks good during testing o'course).

Congrats on the successful launch of Full Throttle, Heighway!

1 week later
#737 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Right now, I'm fucking excited for this pin, and that's all the matters!

Agreed. Eagerly awaiting the next update and hopefully we can see some newly approved art. Either way, I'm very excited with what Heighway has been doing so far with Alien as well as Full Throttle.

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

But I suspect we will be pleasantly surprised....

Agreed. I'd be amazed if it didn't look good. The Heighway team seems like they've done a pretty good job of getting their ducks in a row so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AloneMordakai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=AloneMordakai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.