• 25,781 posts
  • 1,010 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Maurice
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,058 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7366 (resized).JPG
DSCN7371 (resized).JPG
DSCN7350 (resized).JPG
DSCN7349 (resized).JPG
DSCN7348 (resized).JPG
DSCN7347 (resized).JPG
b34fa380a8f2fc23fab850b1e0dfdbbc (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN7321 (resized).JPG
DSCN7338 (resized).JPG
585009D5-D67F-44B4-B001-2ED74F02C911 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7289 (resized).JPG
DSCN7288 (resized).JPG
E9A3F438-43B6-4EE9-B7B9-059640E61E98 (resized).jpeg
E1261283-0CCC-4A02-A73D-6474FCAEB78F (resized).jpeg
oprah alien give a way (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25781 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 516.
#4851 3 years ago

The best part of that one is that they used a picture of Bolaji Badejo (the man in the suit) with the helmet portion off.

17q5t08q5nf8rjpg[1]_(resized).jpg

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Everything I'm hearing so far is rad.

Up to 80% now. The use of the word "rad" isn't appreciated these days. I use it often and the younger people I work with look at me in the same way people my age look at older people that use the word "groovy".

I contacted Heighway ... haven't heard back from them yet.

One other thing ... would there be any chance you could use an ink on the alien on the playfield that causes it to glow with UV light? I'm not talking saturating the art with it ... just a nice, semi-shaded outline that kind of pops, but doesn't *really* pop if UV lights are enabled? With all of the pins made these days and the availibility of very inexpensive UV lighting, you think people might make more use of it (unless its generally viewed as 'tacky' ... but I think done right, it could lead to some really slick effects. This is coming from someone who has the artistic talent of a rock, so I could very well be off base ... I have issues drawing stick figures ... making a commercial quality playfield is a bit beyond the scope of anything I could hope to do in this life at least .

#4853 3 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Up to 80% now. The use of the word "rad" isn't appreciated these days.

The hell it isn't!

#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The best part of that one is that they used a picture of Bolaji Badejo (the man in the suit) with the helmet portion off.

That's because he dared to dream.

#4855 3 years ago

One other thing ... would there be any chance you could use an ink on the alien on the playfield that causes it to glow with UV light?

We've talked about this very thing actually. And not the Predator "invisible" stuff. Just straight up UV reactive ink. You never know.

I love the word rad by the way. But I'm from the Bay Area, where we say hella, so we're not worried about what anyone else thinks of our slang.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's because he dared to dream.

I know that I, for one, still believe in him.

#4857 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We've talked about this very thing actually. And not the Predator "invisible" stuff. Just straight up UV reactive ink. You never know.
I love the word rad by the way. But I'm from the Bay Area, where we say hella, so we're not worried about what anyone else thinks of our slang.

You are a Data East Time Machine and I claim my five pounds.

#4858 3 years ago

The use of the word "rad" isn't appreciated these days.

rad_(resized).JPG

#4859 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And we say Wicked Pissa

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And we say Wicked Pissa

Cowabunga dude, maybe you do, but the rest of us have moved on.

#4861 3 years ago

Couple more....

star_knight_(resized).jpg

demon_donkey_(resized).jpg

#4862 3 years ago

"Because he dared to dream, and never stopped believing."

So inspirational.

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Couple more....

star_knight_(resized).jpgdemon_donkey_(resized).jpg

Demon Donkey...nice

#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Cowabunga dude, maybe you do, but the rest of us have moved on.

Mingya, huh.

#4865 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

UV ink would be DOPE!

#4866 3 years ago

I'm sorry to ask if this has been brought up a lot, but I couldn't find the info with a basic search.

Is there a proposed delivery date for pre-orders?

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeDP:

I'm sorry to ask if this has been brought up a lot, but I couldn't find the info with a basic search.
Is there a proposed delivery date for pre-orders?

Andrew was hoping for early summer, when I spoke to him in January. I suspect that may be pushed back a bit. If you ordered an LE, ages away I would expect, since I think Aurich's still working on the art for it.

#4868 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know this part for a fact, but all the Predator jokes are why I personally think things have taken so long. Kevin stank up the joint, and now we're all walking through the noxious cloud he left behind. If you were Fox wouldn't you be a little gunshy now? Extra layers of CYA? I try not to think about it, because that whole thing is nothing but frustration. But I do think it's a factor.

I seriously doubt this is a factor in anyway. Fox has done pinball licensing and tons of other similar licensing in the past. It is not like Kevin was working with them and then doing things outside what they approved, etc. that would make them suddenly concerned.

This type of licensing is of little value to Fox in the big picture of things, they only do this to type of thing to promote the brand. In all likelihood what you guys are paying them for the license does not even cover their costs of working with you, so handling approvals, etc. is certainly not a priority for them.

The value can be so low, that I know at times they will not even look at granting a license for some properties, since the effort to deal with it (e.g. the actors, producers, other rights holders), is just not worth the headache.

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I'm from the Bay Area, where we say hella, so we're not worried about what anyone else thinks of our slang.

While I get "Hyphy" for any new Alien pinball info, here are a few slangs from the Bay. Keep up the good work Aurich.

1. Hella
Let’s start with the most obvious one. Hella can be used as an adverbial substitute for ‘very’ or as an adjective in place of ‘a lot of.’
Adverb: “I’m hella tired.”
Adjective: “There’s hella people here.”
2. Tryna
‘Tryna’ is – as you might assume – a shortening of the phrase ‘trying to,’ but not in terms of an effort you’re currently trying to accomplish, it’s a substitute for ‘would you like to?’ or ‘do you want to?’
“Tryna eat?” would translate to: “Would you like to get something to eat?”
This is some great slang that takes the impetus of the decision off of the recipient, because it doesn’t require a “No, I’m not that hungry right now, sorry.” All you have to say is “Nah,” or “Not tryna eat.”
3. Good Looks
‘Good looks’ is a shortening of the phrase ‘good looking out,’ which is a variation of ‘thank you for your help and consideration.’ It’s best used when someone answers a request for information (typically via text), or when someone does a favor for you.
“What chapters did he cover for the quiz?”
“Chapters 1-4.”
“Good looks.”
Or
“You missed the quiz but I turned one in with your name on it.”
“Good looks!”
4. Yee
‘Yee’ is a variation of ‘yes’, but it’s a way of agreeing to a plan or statement with a level of excitement that doesn’t always necessitate an exclamation point.
“You tryna drink tonight?”
“Yee.”
5. Cutty
‘Cutty’ is an casual adjective you can substitute for ‘sketchy.’ The noun form, ‘the cuts,’ refers to a dangerous or crime-ridden part of town.
“I was driving through the cuts and got pulled over,”
“Cutty as fuck,”
6. Fasho
‘Fasho’ may not have originated from the Bay, but I’ve never heard someone from NorCal use ‘definitely’, ‘okay’, ‘yes’, or ‘you’re welcome,’ so it’s a versatile word that’s used quite often. All of the following statements could precede the response ‘fasho’:
“I’ll be there in 5”, “Good looks”, and “Cool if I grab a drink from your fridge?”
“Fasho.”
7. Swoop
‘Swoop’ is a substitute for ‘pick up’.
“I’ll swoop you in five.”
8. Giggin’
‘Giggin’’ is a verb used as a substitute for ‘having a really, really great time’ or ‘completely elated and in your own world, often while dancing.’ It isn’t used as frequently as some of the other words, but it’s unique in that there isn’t really an English word that says as much as ‘giggin’.
“Hella hung over today,”
“Haha, yeah you were giggin’ last night,”
9. On Mommas
‘On mommas’ is short for ‘I put that on my momma,’ which is a way of emphasizing that whatever you’re saying is the truth.
“You banged? I don’t believe you.”
“On mommas.”
10. Fucks with
‘Fucks with’ is a way of saying ‘I enjoy or have a close relationship/bond with __.’ It can be used in reference to someone or something.
“You fucks with Tapatio?”
“Yee.”
or
“What about Dom Kennedy?”
“I fucks with Dom.”
11. Yadadamean
‘Yadadamean’ is a shortening of the phrase ‘You know what I mean?’ It’s less commonly used today, but it’s a slang relic of Keak Da Sneak and almost as historical as ‘hyphy.’ It can also mean ‘I understand,’ and it’s often shortened to ‘yadada.’
“I’m tryna be out before it gets too late, yadada?”
“Yadada.”
12. Coo
‘Coo’ is a shortening of ‘cool’ that can be used it two ways. ‘I’m coo off __,’ translates to ‘I’m over this person or this thing.’ It can also be used to describe a desirable or attractive female.
“You want the rest of these wings?”
“Nah, I’m coo off wings.”
Or
“Kristen is coo.” When used in this way, there’s an emphasis and elongation of the ‘oooo’ sound that begs an agreement, as if you’re saying, “Kristen is so sexy, am I right?”
13. Slaps
‘Slaps’ or ‘slapper’ is a way to describe a catchy hip-hop song, usually pertaining to the way the beat seems to ‘slap’ with bass.
“Damn, this song slaps.”
“Yup, there’s another five slappers on this mixtape, too.”
14. Dusty
I have a friend named Adam who I’d consider the most ‘bay’ person I’ve ever met, almost everything he says is vernacular and I’d always ask for an explanation of his slang:
“Are her friends coo?”
“Nah, her friends are dusty.”
“Think about it, would you want to hang out with girls who were dusty?”
“Not really.”
“Exactly.”
‘Dusty’ is a perfect linguistic example of the constant evolution of Bay Area vernacular, because if ‘dusty’ is simply a substitute for an adjective like ‘undesirable,’ then any synonym of ‘undesirable’ works. Mac Dre, Mistah F.A.B, and Andre Nickatina have immortalized some of these words, but rest assured we’ll have some fresh slang this time next year

#4870 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

..... here are a few slangs from the Bay

Ok, great. Thanks. But now I'm gonna need a translation of all the translations.

#4871 3 years ago

Well this thread derailed quickly.

#4872 3 years ago

Hey Aurich, with the playfield art approved how is the LE art package coming along? I think you were waiting to see what would pass the litmus test to see what could be included.

Cheers.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

While I get "Hyphy" for any new Alien pinball info, here are a few slangs from the Bay. Keep up the good work Aurich.
1. Hella
Let’s start with the most obvious one. Hella can be used as an adverbial substitute for ‘very’ or as an adjective in place of ‘a lot of.’
Adverb: “I’m hella tired.”
Adjective: “There’s hella people here.”
2. Tryna
‘Tryna’ is – as you might assume – a shortening of the phrase ‘trying to,’ but not in terms of an effort you’re currently trying to accomplish, it’s a substitute for ‘would you like to?’ or ‘do you want to?’
“Tryna eat?” would translate to: “Would you like to get something to eat?”
This is some great slang that takes the impetus of the decision off of the recipient, because it doesn’t require a “No, I’m not that hungry right now, sorry.” All you have to say is “Nah,” or “Not tryna eat.”
3. Good Looks
‘Good looks’ is a shortening of the phrase ‘good looking out,’ which is a variation of ‘thank you for your help and consideration.’ It’s best used when someone answers a request for information (typically via text), or when someone does a favor for you.
“What chapters did he cover for the quiz?”
“Chapters 1-4.”
“Good looks.”
Or
“You missed the quiz but I turned one in with your name on it.”
“Good looks!”
4. Yee
‘Yee’ is a variation of ‘yes’, but it’s a way of agreeing to a plan or statement with a level of excitement that doesn’t always necessitate an exclamation point.
“You tryna drink tonight?”
“Yee.”
5. Cutty
‘Cutty’ is an casual adjective you can substitute for ‘sketchy.’ The noun form, ‘the cuts,’ refers to a dangerous or crime-ridden part of town.
“I was driving through the cuts and got pulled over,”
“Cutty as fuck,”
6. Fasho
‘Fasho’ may not have originated from the Bay, but I’ve never heard someone from NorCal use ‘definitely’, ‘okay’, ‘yes’, or ‘you’re welcome,’ so it’s a versatile word that’s used quite often. All of the following statements could precede the response ‘fasho’:
“I’ll be there in 5”, “Good looks”, and “Cool if I grab a drink from your fridge?”
“Fasho.”
7. Swoop
‘Swoop’ is a substitute for ‘pick up’.
“I’ll swoop you in five.”
8. Giggin’
‘Giggin’’ is a verb used as a substitute for ‘having a really, really great time’ or ‘completely elated and in your own world, often while dancing.’ It isn’t used as frequently as some of the other words, but it’s unique in that there isn’t really an English word that says as much as ‘giggin’.
“Hella hung over today,”
“Haha, yeah you were giggin’ last night,”
9. On Mommas
‘On mommas’ is short for ‘I put that on my momma,’ which is a way of emphasizing that whatever you’re saying is the truth.
“You banged? I don’t believe you.”
“On mommas.”
10. Fucks with
‘Fucks with’ is a way of saying ‘I enjoy or have a close relationship/bond with _.’ It can be used in reference to someone or something.
“You fucks with Tapatio?”
“Yee.”
or
“What about Dom Kennedy?”
“I fucks with Dom.”
11. Yadadamean
‘Yadadamean’ is a shortening of the phrase ‘You know what I mean?’ It’s less commonly used today, but it’s a slang relic of Keak Da Sneak and almost as historical as ‘hyphy.’ It can also mean ‘I understand,’ and it’s often shortened to ‘yadada.’
“I’m tryna be out before it gets too late, yadada?”
“Yadada.”
12. Coo
‘Coo’ is a shortening of ‘cool’ that can be used it two ways. ‘I’m coo off _,’ translates to ‘I’m over this person or this thing.’ It can also be used to describe a desirable or attractive female.
“You want the rest of these wings?”
“Nah, I’m coo off wings.”
Or
“Kristen is coo.” When used in this way, there’s an emphasis and elongation of the ‘oooo’ sound that begs an agreement, as if you’re saying, “Kristen is so sexy, am I right?”
13. Slaps
‘Slaps’ or ‘slapper’ is a way to describe a catchy hip-hop song, usually pertaining to the way the beat seems to ‘slap’ with bass.
“Damn, this song slaps.”
“Yup, there’s another five slappers on this mixtape, too.”
14. Dusty
I have a friend named Adam who I’d consider the most ‘bay’ person I’ve ever met, almost everything he says is vernacular and I’d always ask for an explanation of his slang:
“Are her friends coo?”
“Nah, her friends are dusty.”
“Think about it, would you want to hang out with girls who were dusty?”
“Not really.”
“Exactly.”
‘Dusty’ is a perfect linguistic example of the constant evolution of Bay Area vernacular, because if ‘dusty’ is simply a substitute for an adjective like ‘undesirable,’ then any synonym of ‘undesirable’ works. Mac Dre, Mistah F.A.B, and Andre Nickatina have immortalized some of these words, but rest assured we’ll have some fresh slang this time next year

#4874 3 years ago

No way I'd want to put together a slang guide to Philly but bein' a young bul, I fux wit most of that list.

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey Aurich, with the playfield art approved how is the LE art package coming along? I think you were waiting to see what would pass the litmus test to see what could be included.
Cheers.

Focus right now is on getting a full Standard together. LE is obviously important, but I think people would rather see a full flipping regular game than just more art reveals. Plastics etc.

#4876 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A man who speaks my language! This pin is going to be hella sick! I will one up you bro its going to be Cal custom

#4878 3 years ago

As long as it's Ridley Scott directing, I'm onboard with all three. Lets just hope he picks some good writers for these...

#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

As long as it's Ridley Scott directing, I'm onboard with all three. Lets just hope he picks some good writers for these...

No goddamn Lindelof! I guess I'm OK with Ridley...hasn't impressed me in decades but I guess it's better than getting JJ or the Fast & Furious guy.

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Isn't he 74+? Plus doesn't he have a Blade Runner sequel he's been talking of for years? After Prometheus, I say let Alien die.

#4881 3 years ago

Hmmmm. Stretching 1 story into 3 or in this case 4 movies reminds me of another franchise that had short people with hairy feet.

#4882 3 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hmmmm. Stretching 1 story into 3 or in this case 4 movies reminds me of another franchise that had short people with hairy feet.

Eh, I was entertained with those movies. They aren't spectacular or anything, but decent popcorn viewing. They were better than Prometheus at least. It's more Aliens, that's good!

#4883 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They were better than Prometheus at least.

Tough call...I mean I would certain(t)ly rather watch 1 Prometheus than all 3 for sure, but 1 on 1 I don't know.
Of course it sounds like he actually wants to make the Aliens movies...which is a big diff'rence.

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

After Prometheus, I say let Alien die.

100% agree with this. Can't believe I wasted time watching that drek.

#4885 3 years ago

Today ... a heartbeat

IMG_8962_(resized).JPG

#4886 3 years ago

^ now that looks like an update

#4888 3 years ago

Awesome sauce!

#4889 3 years ago

Thought it was going to have a plunger...

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

#4891 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Today ... a heartbeat

IMG_8962_(resized).JPG

its-alive_(resized).jpeg

#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No way, this baby needs to drop into my FTH cab!

#4893 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Today ... a heartbeat

IMG_8962_(resized).JPG

Can someone turn that playfield around

#4894 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

No way, this baby needs to drop into my FTH cab!

That was supposed to be an issue

#4895 3 years ago

red_cup_down_(resized).jpg

fantastic progress so far. so awesome that I dropped my cup

#4896 3 years ago

Sweet!

#4897 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#4898 3 years ago

Can't wait to see some modded eggs that open up and light up

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Can't wait to see some modded eggs that open up and light up

how do they get the baby aliens back in those eggs after each game ?

#4900 3 years ago

Starting to feel tingly in my special no no place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Helsinki
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 25781 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 516.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside