zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 601.
#4801 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If the photos convey the way the playfield actually looks, there doesn't appear to be enough definition in the surrounding rocks to see this intent. Perhaps enhancing the lighting transition from the black above the scanner to the edge of the rocks below the horizon, to make the rocks show up more, would better serve your purpose.

I actually did enhance that a bit in the Photoshop file, because I agree, but the whole thing printed darker than I was expecting it seems. I haven't seen them in person, so it's hard to say.

As I mentioned earlier if it's the case that it's too dark we'll adjust, these are test prints, and don't necessarily represent the final look. I've never worked with Mirco before, we just need to calibrate my files with his printing system. Shouldn't be a big deal.

But I really need to seem them in person first to be able to see what needs to be adjusted, so that will take a little time since I'm nowhere near Wales.

#4802 8 years ago

I find the transition from simulated CMYK on RGB monitors to actually printed CMYK usually results in a 15% drop in brightness. So, I generally pump it up by that much. YMMV.

#4803 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I find the transition from simulated CMYK on RGB monitors to actually printed CMYK usually results in a 15% drop in brightness. So, I generally pump it up by that much. YMMV.

Wow is anything straight forward in this pinball manufacturing lark

#4804 8 years ago

It's like Groundhog Day on pinside. Do people actually hear themselves when they write?

As many people have said, don't judge the playfield in a vacuum. That is to say judge the overall package once the plastics, ramps and toys are all installed. I know the playfield is all we have to go on at the moment but have some patience, I'm sure everyone will be blown away by the whole package.

#4805 8 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I know the playfield is all we have to go on at the moment but have some patience...

What fun is that?

#4806 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Wow is anything straight forward in this pinball manufacturing lark

Printing and colour-matching is the bane of every print designer's existence. I definitely don't envy Aurich dealing with this on a big scale using all the various printing processes and substrates on a pinball (plastics, decals, silkscreens on various surfaces, backlight media, painted models) from a distance of over five thousand miles

#4807 8 years ago

Doing spot colour is actually *easier* since you can reference Pantone numbers and look at a Pantone book to see the actual ink printed in both flat and gloss.

4-colour process printing is a whole other art form.

I thought Heighway had this giant-ass Inkjet printer they used for this stuff?

#4808 8 years ago

I recall seeing their big printer in the tour video a while back. Andrew did mention in that video that it was being used to print on wood. Perhaps Micro were just manufacturing the playfields and Heighway doing the printing onto them, or perhaps their printer didn't wind up being up to the task for printing playfields and clear coating them. They're probably still using it for the plastics, decals and marquees though I'd say.

#4809 8 years ago

Lighting/Sound, gameplay and rules are what are going to make a pinball machine great, then PF art and display and cab art is all extra, who cares, look at a IM, AC/DC, Tron, many, many B/W with terrible art but man the gameplay is there. I love the planets around the PF display and really love the Alien by the flippers, I like it all. Its Aliens for F sake.

#4810 8 years ago

I like it. Looking forward to see it populated.

#4811 8 years ago

So where's Ripley?

How many Alien movies was she not in? One?

#4812 8 years ago
Quoted from ArkhamB:

How many Alien movies was she not in?

Not the 2 that this pin is based on...Apparently the mood around here is to just be happy with what you do get, and if you don't like it, Don't buy it!

#4813 8 years ago

I think or read somewhere that they didn't get the rights to use Ripley.

#4814 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Not the 2 that this pin is based on...Apparently the mood around here is to just be happy with what you do get, and if you don't like it, Don't buy it!

100% correct, it will not affect the pin for me at all if I don't see Ripley, she is so far down the list of reasons I want an Alien pinball machine, firstly its the Aliens then the survival aspect and hopefully frantic music/sfx that come with it, I do not need to see her nor do I care to hear call outs. JMO

#4815 8 years ago

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

I can't wait to see this populated... most excited I've been for a new table in a long, long time...

#4816 8 years ago

No Ripley on the playfield? Maybe that's because you're playing the part of Ripley.

#4817 8 years ago

Yes & No. The sound FX & Movie clips Will be there. The playfield isn't going to be a scrapbook collection of Photoshopped pics of the actors, & I'm thankful for that! It's an Aliens pin, not a Sigorney Weaver/ Bill Paxton pin (that could be a cool pin also! Lol). It's space, it's Dark, your a Marine fighting for your life against a horde of Aliens; Xenomorphs, Face Huggers, Chest Bursters, etc.
It's going to be Awesome!!!
Good F***ing Luck Marine!

#4818 8 years ago

I was considering purchasing this game until I saw this quote ...

Quoted from Aurich:

If you don't like it the don't buy it, I couldn't care less. But if you don't buy it because you can't see any aliens

Now I have gone from 50% to 75% sure I am pre-ordering a 35th Anniversary edition . I just sent an email to Heighway for some info I need. I have a feeling this is going to be an outstanding, revolutionary machine!

#4819 8 years ago
Quoted from ArkhamB:

So where's Ripley?

i'm here...

#4820 8 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I was considering purchasing this game until I saw this quote ...

Now I have gone from 50% to 75% sure I am pre-ordering a 35th Anniversary edition . I just sent an email to Heighway for some info I need. I have a feeling this is going to be an outstanding, revolutionary machine!

Andrew didn't hire me for my art skills, it was my ability to be a snarky asshole that sold him.

#4821 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Andrew didn't hire me for my art skills, it was my ability to be a snarky asshole that sold him.

Aurich, can you tell why the Alien 'I' inserts are so white? Are they going to interact with some sort of blacklight? Or create a glow in the dark effect? Or both

#4822 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've noticed the snark and appreciate it . They'll owe you a commission if I buy. When I had heard that the playfield was going to be photoshopped, I was kind of disappointed as I had a modern Space Invaders / HR Giger look stuck in my head . When I saw that playfield, I can kind of visualize how it's going to work with the LEDs and LCD in the center + mix with all of the proposed toys. It was a very pleasant surprise . I LOVE the Alien in the lower center/drain area. I kind of dig how the center looks like one of those scanners they use in the movies (the LCD should only make that better). I also like how the toys are going to be *the* major aliens on the playfield ... I am *really* hoping the plastics kind of wrap the theme up with a "stuck in a spaceship" kind of feel.

I can see 3D printed mods for the game that look like 3D HR Giger art already !

I can't wait to hear some of the music / sound effects ... it's all looking good!

Ed

#4823 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

No Ripley on the playfield?

Good.

That's one manly face I don't want to be staring at all night long.

Siqourney-Weaver-aliens-workout-training_(resized).jpgSiqourney-Weaver-aliens-workout-training_(resized).jpg

#4824 8 years ago

Your staring at the wrong part.

#4825 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Good.
That's one manly face I don't want to be staring at all night long.

Bet she would feel the same about your mug...

#4826 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Bet she would feel the same about your mug...

It would turn her to stone

#4827 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It would turn her to stone

er, I didn't Thumbs Up because I agree....i just thought it was funny....

#4828 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Aurich, can you tell why the Alien 'I' inserts are so white? Are they going to interact with some sort of blacklight? Or create a glow in the dark effect? Or both

They actually don't look right to me, I think I might have screwed up something on the white mask layer. This is why we test!

Quoted from megadeth2600:

I can't wait to hear some of the music / sound effects

Oh man, you guys are gonna be in for a treat, this pin is going to sound awesome. Everything I'm hearing so far is rad. First time I saw the mode intro video for Queen's Nest playing along with the music and sound effects I got chills.

#4829 8 years ago

Holy crap take a look at this

We need this xenomorph

( nicked from innovations thread )

#4830 8 years ago

Hmmm....I wonder if they got the proper licensing?

#4831 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

They just called the number off of the back of the DVD box.

#4832 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Probably just the Alien license.... the other one falls under 'Fair Use' I'm pretty sure....

#4833 8 years ago

Just thought that since she was the main character in most of the movies,next to the aliens of course, that she would be in it. Probably could have had her in the yellow loader thing twisting/punching vs alien slashing and whipping, or video of that.

I hope it does well...not here to rant or anything like that.

Probably shouldn't ask about Lance Henriksen if Bill Paxton isn't going to be there?

#4834 8 years ago

The actor situation will be made clear at some point, the legal gears grind slowly on this one. That's all I can say, because it's all I know.

I don't know this part for a fact, but all the Predator jokes are why I personally think things have taken so long. Kevin stank up the joint, and now we're all walking through the noxious cloud he left behind. If you were Fox wouldn't you be a little gunshy now? Extra layers of CYA? I try not to think about it, because that whole thing is nothing but frustration. But I do think it's a factor.

In the meantime don't jump to too many assumptions. Nothing has been stated officially or off the record to anyone as far as anything final goes. So ignore rumors or guesses, no one knows anything yet, and we'll make things more clear when we can.

#4835 8 years ago

I'm guessing it will all get cleared up with Ripley soon enough. Can't imagine Stern could offer some deal for GB and get some kind of pinball non compete in return. This is peanuts.

The movie clips is all that really matters to me at this point anyhow, on the play field and very large on the back glass.

#4836 8 years ago

So if there is a potential licensing issue with having Ripley's (Weaver's) face/image on the PF/Plastics, would there also be an issue using her in any of the movie clips on the LCD? Or is it two different things since one is from the actual movie, while the other would be her "likeness?"

#4837 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

So if there is a potential licensing issue with having Ripley's (Weaver's) face/image on the PF/Plastics, would there also be an issue using her in any of the movie clips on the LCD? Or is it two different things since one is from the actual movie, while the other would be her "likeness?"

From what we have seen go on with TBL, who TF knows, but there can't be any movie clips without Ripley or the rest of the characters!

#4838 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kevin stank up the joint, and now we're all walking through the noxious cloud he left behind. If you were Fox wouldn't you be a little gunshy now?

Fox probably does not give a single thought to Kevin.

----------------

A fanboi made a Predator pinball machine.

He put it up on a website and offered to make them for sale.

Fox asked him to take it down from his website.

End of story.

--------------

In a world of pirate DVDs, illegal downloads and Chinese lead painted toys, Kevin is not even a blip on the radar.

spaderman_(resized).jpgspaderman_(resized).jpg

#4839 8 years ago

Looks exactly like James Spader.

#4840 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Fox probably does not give a single thought to Kevin.

Agreed, he's a fart in the wind. Fox could give a shit.

This isn't even a rounding error. It's so immaterial to them. The delays I'm sure are simply because they have about a 10,000 other bigger fish to fry and this is sitting on the back burner.

#4841 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The actor situation will be made clear at some point, the legal gears grind slowly on this one. That's all I can say, because it's all I know.
I don't know this part for a fact, but all the Predator jokes are why I personally think things have taken so long. Kevin stank up the joint, and now we're all walking through the noxious cloud he left behind. If you were Fox wouldn't you be a little gunshy now? Extra layers of CYA? I try not to think about it, because that whole thing is nothing but frustration. But I do think it's a factor.
In the meantime don't jump to too many assumptions. Nothing has been stated officially or off the record to anyone as far as anything final goes. So ignore rumors or guesses, no one knows anything yet, and we'll make things more clear when we can.

Thanks for chiming in Aurich

#4842 8 years ago

Spaderman Spaderman, does whatever a spader can.

#4843 8 years ago

Lance will be at Texas Frightmare weekend this year

-Jeff

#4844 8 years ago

Spaderman Vs...

robertcop_(resized).jpgrobertcop_(resized).jpg

#4845 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

So what's the current time estimate for someone ordering an Alien now to receiving it?
Very tempting for sure.

who else than the manufacturer can answer u? if he knows it himself of course..

#4846 8 years ago

Forget about aliens vs predators for a momement. Imagine the ultimate smackdown - Spader Man, Robert Cop 3 Specialman and Space Wars. It would be brutal. Anybody find an Iran Man?

enhanced-buzz-32011-1351090019-2_(resized).jpgenhanced-buzz-32011-1351090019-2_(resized).jpg
enhanced-buzz-7628-1351095677-5_(resized).jpgenhanced-buzz-7628-1351095677-5_(resized).jpg

#4847 8 years ago

Those knock offs are Hilarious!

#4848 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody find an Iran Man?

ironman_(resized).jpgironman_(resized).jpg

#4849 8 years ago

"Flight with me"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.