• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 494.
#4651 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I liked Prometheus, it was a cool movie when you take into consideration the crap that is mostly put out these days. I thought the special FX were cool and the story wasn't bad. What exactly is the complaint most people had with it?

Plot holes and nonsense abounds in that movie.

#4652 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some people don't get impressed by movies that simply don't suck as bad as other movies. Also, good special effects don't mean anything....I only notice bad ones these days

Nothing vague about that, a little more please?

#4653 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope its GB's, would like Aliens to stay as generic as possible. Love the PF for this very reason, zero pictures of the cast.

Ghostbusters could be without Dana (in human form) and not suffer. Alien/Aliens needs Ripley.

#4654 3 years ago

Prometheus goes 35 light yrs into space, but CharlizeTheron said "We're a half billion miles from Earth".
So..... that means they're still in our solar system?

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

Prometheus goes 35 light yrs into space, but CharlizeTheron said "We're a half billion miles from Earth".
So..... that means they're still in our solar system?

OK, Neil deGrasse Tyson...maybe it was hyperbole (or anti-hyperbole!)--If I wanted fact checked perfect space talk I'll watch your (Neil's) Universe show(which is also good!).

I liked the movie fine, no masterpiece but worthy of a couple hours of my time watching at home...of course I like anything Sci-Fi.

#4656 3 years ago

I didn't know the specific milage of 35 light years....but I remember that gaffe when I saw the movie. Thing is. ...she was the commander of the mission....so it took me out of the movie for a moment when I heard it.
I liked the film as a whole....but I don't think it was as good as it could have been.

#4657 3 years ago

Just to be sure, this will appear soon or the later in the game right???

alien_scanner_(resized).jpg

#4658 3 years ago

I know we all love alien for the sci-fi elements, but lets not forget that the first movie is more about horror than it is about science. If you approach a horror movie expecting a masterpiece, you're in for a bad time. People do dumb shit in horror movies all the time. With Ridley Scott, all you're guaranteed is gorgeous cinematics and spectacle. Combine the two and what do you get? Gorgeous looking dick monsters. So, you can criticize Prometheus for not being everything you thought it could have been, or you can enjoy it for what it is: beautiful people struggling with throbbing, aggressive, slimey dick monsters in space. I know which option I'll be going with! *unzips pants*

#4659 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

I didn't know the specific milage of 35 light years

332 Trillion Kilometers

206,000,000,000,000 miles

#4660 3 years ago

I thought Prometheus was fun and a good sci-fit movie. But I had no expectations and am not an Alien nut, so I don't remember much about the Alien movies at all.

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Gorgeous looking dick monsters.

BWC

#4662 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I know we all love alien for the sci-fi elements, but lets not forget that the first movie is more about horror than it is about science. *

No, it's aboot space unions and the little guy getting a full share just like management.

Well and space dongs

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nothing vague about that, a little more please?

I dont know what else you need me to expand on. You said it wasn't as bad as some other things these days which doesn't make it any better to me. Also sayin a movie has cool effects doesn't make it any better to me either....we're pretty much to the point we're sfx are so good across the board I rarely get blown away by them...I notice the crappy ones more.

#4664 3 years ago

In Prometheus they also say "this mission costs a trillion dollars" and later the pilots are betting "credits" as to whether or not they'll find anything.

It's like the script didn't even read itself, so to speak.

What about the biologist who is scared of a dead alien, then tries to touch a living one after getting lost with the guy in charge of making maps?

Abortion scene was great. BUT how did the creature grow that big so fast inside a 90 lb woman? And then grow even bigger locked in a chamber with nothing to eat?

#4665 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

grow even bigger locked in a chamber with nothing to eat?

metabolizes energy from microorganisms in atmosphere left there by alien bodybuilder...duh.

#4666 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

In Prometheus they also say "this mission costs a trillion dollars" and later the pilots are betting "credits" as to whether or not they'll find anything.
It's like the script didn't even read itself, so to speak.
What about the biologist who is scared of a dead alien, then tries to touch a living one after getting lost with the guy in charge of making maps?
Abortion scene was great. BUT how did the creature grow that big so fast inside a 90 lb woman? And then grow even bigger locked in a chamber with nothing to eat?

Did you take your head scratching profile pic while watching Prometheous?

#4667 3 years ago

I actually enjoyed watching it the single time I watched it. Just doesn't stand up to any amount of scrutiny.

#4668 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"this mission costs a trillion dollars" and later the pilots are betting "credits" as to whether or not they'll find anything.

Quoted from benheck:

Quoted from benheck:

BUT how did the creature grow that big so fast inside a 90 lb woman? And then grow even bigger locked in a chamber with nothing to eat?

You're not supposed to ask these probing questions. Just watch the pretty (or not so pretty) pictures and enjoy the show.

#4669 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

332 Trillion Kilometers
206,000,000,000,000 miles

35 light years is....
205,800,000,000,000 miles.
Core math.....tsk tsk.

I corrected vid! That's one off my bucket list.
Never thought I'd see the day....it won't ever happen again I'm sure.

#4670 3 years ago

As far as I know there isn't a director's cut, but the rumored missing scenes help to paint a more cohesive story:
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_deleted_scenes

There's still a lot of plot holes and unanswered questions though, which maybe the Prometheus sequel will delve into?

Like who would in a battle of Engineer VS Predator? Or maybe Predators are mutated Engineers?

#4671 3 years ago

Oh wow you're right...I thought I heard there was...wonder if they were wicking something put together

#4672 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

35 light years is....
Core math.....tsk tsk.

Technically both of you are correct, Vid is just using 3 significant digits, you're using 4.

#4673 3 years ago

If the fact that the science isn't perfectly sound and some of the characters contridict themselves in a film about Aliens and weird organic fluids and things that gestate inside a being then pop out of their chest aren't exact is the reason to hate this film then...I don't know what to say. I never noticed that and kinda happy that I didn't, I don't know how you can watch any SciFi films under that context.

#4674 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If the fact that the science isn't perfectly sound and some of the characters contridict themselves in a film about Aliens and weird organic fluids and things that gestate inside a being then pop out of their chest aren't exact is the reason to hate this film then...I don't know what to say. I never noticed that and kinda happy that I didn't, I don't know how you can watch any SciFi films under that context.

SciFi by definition is fiction based on science. If the writers can't even keep simple facts straight then it's a fantasy. And what's up with all the sound in space these days!!? Can you hear me scream!

#4675 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

SciFi by definition is fiction based on science. If the writers can't even keep simple facts straight then it's a fantasy. And what's up with all the sound in space these days!!? Can you hear me scream!

What is this half wits? ok time to stop this debate and once you put fiction in the title then the science can be anything you want, its a film not a documentary, anyway back to Aliens, I need some kinda update soon, maybe a toy or something. Thanks

half-wits-hero_(resized).jpg

#4676 3 years ago

Andrew c'mon were dying here, show us the
5 printed and lacquered playfields.

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

35 light years is....
Core math.....tsk tsk.

Allright, no more doing math in my head while driving.....

#4678 3 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Andrew c'mon were dying here, show us the
5 printed and lacquered playfields.

Last coat of lacquer going on today. We expect to have them ready by early next week

#4679 3 years ago

As a fan of good sci fi and action, I'm embarrassed to admit that I unbelievably had NEVER seen Aliens or Alien 3, and had never actually seen Alien start to end in a full viewing. The only one I 100% remember watching fully was Resurrection. Anyway I rectified that this week with a 1-2-3 marathon.

I'm not going to become a superfan of the movies themselves at this point, but I have to say I'm even more interested in seeing this pinball machine. I'm a firm believer that a good chunk of a pinball experience is the sensory atmosphere of the lights and sounds, and Alien(s) as a theme has that in spades. Very interested to see how well it translates.

#4680 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Last coat of lacquer going on today. We expect to have them ready by early next week

You better.... Or we'll have to come up with more nonsense to talk about until such time

#4681 3 years ago

Has the person doing the game design or software for Alien been confirmed yet? If not, can anyone share?

#4682 3 years ago

Someone posted this Full Throttle gameplay video in another thread, but I noticed a cool attract mode lighting effect at the 55:38 mark, and was wondering if someone could verify....

The LED lights within the pops have this cool "rotating light" effect that I've never seen in any other game before. Is this the effect that some have already mentioned, which makes the Egg Poppers on Alien look like there's a facehugger moving around inside? If so, this is incredibly cool!

It just goes to show how a small bit of programming with a few LEDs can take a game's presentation to a whole new level. I can't wait to see what effects they pull off with their fiber optic ramp lighting Keep the innovation coming Andrew!

#4683 3 years ago

Prometheus has some of the most gaping plot holes / mistakes of any significant movie made. It was still fun to watch but it was pretty fun watching all these YouTube analysis clips that followed.

#4684 3 years ago

Alien Pinball playfield photos will be posted within hours...

#4685 3 years ago

Populated playfield photos??!

#4686 3 years ago

what time zone? I've been waiting all morning ...

#4687 3 years ago

Hell yes!!!

#4688 3 years ago

iStock_000004273276XSmall1_(resized).jpg

#4689 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#4690 3 years ago

Sounds like you and your suppliers are working some late hours!

#4691 3 years ago

tick tick tick

clock_(resized).jpg

#4692 3 years ago

I'm in Maui and PDX monkey is here for a visit......you wasting our beach time Andrew! Please hurry. Signed waiting impatiently

#4693 3 years ago

image.jpeg

#4694 3 years ago

I wonder which way this is going to go.

#4695 3 years ago

game-over-man-game-over_(resized).jpg

#4696 3 years ago

redoct_(resized).jpg

#4698 3 years ago

F5...F5...F5...

#4699 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

pasted_image_(resized).png

Please stay on topic!

#4700 3 years ago

Can't wait to see this....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside