pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 601.
#4601 8 years ago

Ted if they aren't there maybe I can bring mine for freeplay... Full throttle that is. At least let you see and feel what awesome things Heighway is doing.

-Jim

#4603 8 years ago

I wanna throw out a plug for Heighway to come to SFGE in Atlanta during June. If you come, I'll buy you at least a few shots.

#4604 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wanna throw out a plug for Heighway to come to SFGE in Atlanta during June. If you come, I'll buy you at least a few shots.

Same here. Would love the chance to play Full Throttle as well as (fingers crossed) something resembling a complete Alien pin.

#4605 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Ted if they aren't there maybe I can bring mine for freeplay... Full throttle that is. At least let you see and feel what awesome things Heighway is doing.
-Jim

I beleve Coin taker will have a full throttle in their booth at Allentown. They are the US destributor now.

#4606 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I beleve Coin taker will have a full throttle in their booth at Allentown. They are the US destributor now.

If that's the case, Jim, don't let yours take the abuse...

#4607 8 years ago

So, basically, everyone wants Heighway to come to every single show in the US in 2016.

#4608 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So, basically, everyone wants Heighway to come to every single show in the US in 2016.

What makes most sense would be to go to the shows that have a large population of pinheads that buy new pins.

#4609 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Nah...
Just the shows I am going to !!

--Jeff

#4610 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If that's the case, Jim, don't let yours take the abuse...

It does every week. It's on location at the sanctum. Very popular. Holding up well besides some code bugs that should be addressed this week.

Come up some Monday night and party with us Ted

#4611 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Just the shows I am going to !!

+1

#4612 8 years ago

http://pulse.therpf.com/new-aliens-vehicles-from-the-cinemachines-line-by-neca

For those that might be looking to mod or add toys to their pin. These might have some potential:

Aliens_Vehicles_(resized).pngAliens_Vehicles_(resized).png

#4613 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Agree 100%! Here's a link to the badass new location/hotel SFGE will be held at this year. Please try to makes this happen Heighway. It's a first class expo from top to bottom. http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/hotel/

#4614 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Agree 100%! Here's a link to the badass new location/hotel SFGE will be held at this year. Please try to makes this happen Heighway. It's a first class expo from top to bottom. http://www.southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/hotel/

Yes, I heard the RZSI crew will be there, so Alien might as well come and duke it out! ( If yer scared, say yer scared)

#4615 8 years ago

Has this been posted yet? I suspect I'll buy a few for the game's arrival.

il_570xN.596393225_9j2z_(resized).jpgil_570xN.596393225_9j2z_(resized).jpg

#4616 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

What makes most sense would be to go to the shows that have a large population of pinheads that buy new pins.

Like at Allentown

#4617 8 years ago

Any new news? Things have dried up on this thread as of late...

#4618 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

We're super busy, I'm honestly not on Pinside much lately, just don't have the free time for it. Silence just means we're working more than chatting right now.

#4619 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm sure they're busting a gut trying to get everything ready to show at TPF.

#4620 8 years ago

rumor has it Sigourney Weaver is only offering her likeness to 1 of up-coming pins. either Ghostbusters or Aliens...

you didn't hear it from me

#4621 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

rumor has it Sigourney Weaver is only offering her likeness to 1 of up-coming pins. either Ghostbusters or Aliens...

I hope its GB's, would like Aliens to stay as generic as possible. Love the PF for this very reason, zero pictures of the cast.

#4622 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you didn't hear it from me

And there it is... The quiet subtle faint of the genesis spark. Quoted lest we forget how the endless discussions were started as this will be argued and dialogued to fact before long, be it here or the other thread this was also posted to - just to incite another ill fated parlay. I love a good origin story.

ru·mor mill
noun
used to refer to the process by which rumors and gossip are originated and circulated among a group of people.

#4623 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope its GB's, would like Aliens to stay as generic as possible. Love the PF for this very reason, zero pictures of the cast

Yes generic and lets change the name of it to "Space Creature Things" to make sure that it doesn't become and actual Aliens pinball.

If you license a product to build a pinball GET ALL THE DAMN CONTENT! I know easier said than done but I'm sick of half ass efforts to get a license and not including the full gambit of options with pictures/videos, music, voices from a movie/show **Cough cough*** TWD

#4624 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

And there it is... The quiet subtle faint of the genesis spark. Quoted lest we forget how the endless discussions were started as this will be argued and dialogued to fact before long, be it here or the other thread this was also posted to - just to incite another ill fated parlay. I love a good origin story.
ru·mor mill
noun
used to refer to the process by which rumors and gossip are originated and circulated among a group of people.

somebody's got to stir the pot around here to keep things interesting

swedish-chef-1_(resized).jpgswedish-chef-1_(resized).jpg

#4625 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope its GB's, would like Aliens to stay as generic as possible. Love the PF for this very reason, zero pictures of the cast.

Securing the actors likenesses has nothing to do with putting their images on the playfield, and EVERYTHING to do with having access to all the footage & sound clips from both films for the LCD display.

Andrew will do everything he can to make this possible.

#4626 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yes generic and lets change the name of it to "Space Creature Things" to make sure that it doesn't become and actual Aliens pinball.

I promise you nothing about this game will be generic. We're infusing the films into everything we do. Every discussion we have is centered around being true to the films, this game is being built by real fans. I know seeing the playfield in a vacuum was tough, you have to imagine a lot of things you know nothing about. Wait until we can show the full package.

So no one needs to worry about playing a game that won't feel like Alien.

I know it's slow, we're making great progress, frankly the delays are mostly in the rear view mirror at this point I hope. Fall was tough, we really got held up waiting on things. We're no longer in wait mode.

#4627 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I promise you nothing about this game will be generic. We're infusing the films into everything we do. Every discussion we have is centered around being true to the films, this game is being built by real fans. I know seeing the playfield in a vacuum was tough, you have to imagine a lot of things you know nothing about. Wait until we can show the full package.
So no one needs to worry about playing a game that won't feel like Alien.
I know it's slow, we're making great progress, frankly the delays are mostly in the rear view mirror at this point I hope. Fall was tough, we really got held up waiting on things. We're no longer in wait mode.

Have you seen a populated playfield? Just curious on the process...

#4628 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You missed the point completely, I'm not interested in corny one liners and pictures on the plastics/PF etc. Aliens for me is about the creature and the tension/thrill all that good stuff, I'll enjoy clips from the films, and sure some lines from the films too but they do not impact gameplay for me and really over time could become tedious, sometimes less is more, but I understand where you're coming from and hey I would be all over "Space Creature things" sounds great.

#4629 8 years ago

I just re-watched Aliens 1-4 and Prometheus.

Is the Space Jockey / Engineer a part of the game?

H3kO0_(resized).jpgH3kO0_(resized).jpg

#4630 8 years ago

Yes it is!

I believe it is on the left outlane area.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4631 8 years ago

Looking at the insert on the unpopulated playfield, looks like that left outlane toy may have been changed to the Nostromo's hypersleep chamber. Hopefully the space jockey will appear elsewhere...

Later,
EV

#4632 8 years ago

Uff nothing from that piece of shit Prometheus please.

#4633 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, nothing but Charlize.

#4634 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, nothing but Charlize.

Touche`

#4635 8 years ago

She's hot for android.

#4636 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You know...I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theatre. At home in 3D...I'm warming up to it. Still, a lot of stupid shit there, but, not as bad as i first thought.

#4637 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You know...I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theatre. At home in 3D...I'm warming up to it.

I watched it again at home and it pissed me off even more
BUT I haven't seen the directors cut...is that what you watched? Because I heard that fills in a lot of stuff that the theatrical version didn't have.

#4638 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't get the hate for it myself. Is it because it didn't live up to the hype? It couldn't have been worse than the last few Alien movies (AvP 1 and 2, Alien 4).

#4639 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

BUT I haven't seen the directors cut...is that what you watched? Because I heard that fills in a lot of stuff that the theatrical version didn't have.

Yes...better. lol...we could do a Podcast about Prometheus. Hmmmmm

#4640 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from spfxted:

You know...I didn't like it the first time I saw it in the theatre. At home in 3D...I'm warming up to it. Still, a lot of stupid shit there, but, not as bad as i first thought.

I was SOOOO disappointed with Prometheus. Sure, it looks great - but the script was total crap. Too many plot holes, and just totally unrealistic characters. It had some potential, but I blame that dude from Lost for screwing it up.

...back on topic - I'm very excited to see this pin at TPF (assuming it's still going).

#4641 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't get the hate for it myself. Is it because it didn't live up to the hype? It couldn't have been worse than the last few Alien movies (AvP 1 and 2, Alien 4).

I wouldn't call AVP Alien movies for me, just cheep horror/video game stuff. Alien 4 was horrendous no doubt.

As for the hype, well that was the original issue as they tried to anti hype it at first which rubbed people the wrong way.
The whole thing was a mess to be honest. Wasn't cohesive in the least, felt like large gaps were missing, incomplete characters that do and say nothing THE ENTIRE movie, or turn in to zombies for a second. Weird daddy issues that lead to an hugely dramatic moment when you find out SPOILERS that Weyland Smithers was her dad that everyone figured out in the first 8 minutes...etc etc. All culminating in the "turn left dummy" finale`....just a disaster.
IMO anyway, we all like diff'rent things.

EDIT: I mean it reeked of Lindelof, and not Scott; sad.

#4642 8 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I was SOOOO disappointed with Prometheus. Sure, it looks great - but the script was total crap.

I don't want to get all Democratic, but Prometheus had the best abortion scene ever put to film.

#4643 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't want to get all Democratic, but Prometheus had the best abortion scene ever put to film.

The entire thing was an abortion, that was just the 2nd best part of it. I wonder what the level of dislike for this flick would be if it didn't have David in it. I mean that's the one real saving grace of the movie.

#4644 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Most disgusting claw crane machine ever

#4645 8 years ago

This is a long read, but well worth it. You'll never look at Prometheus the same way again....

http://m15m.livejournal.com/23209.html

"POW! Alien dick snake, in your face!"

Later,
EV

#4646 8 years ago

This old chestnut is all I ever needed

PL_(resized).jpgPL_(resized).jpg

#4647 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Quoted from fishbone:

Most disgusting claw crane machine ever

You guys would really like the South Park: Stick of Truth video game.

#4648 8 years ago

I liked Prometheus, it was a cool movie when you take into consideration the crap that is mostly put out these days. I thought the special FX were cool and the story wasn't bad. What exactly is the complaint most people had with it?

#4649 8 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

This is a long read, but well worth it. You'll never look at Prometheus the same way again....
http://m15m.livejournal.com/23209.html
"POW! Alien dick snake, in your face!"
Later,
EV

Pretty funny...thanks.

#4650 8 years ago

. What exactly is the complaint most people had with it?

Some people don't get impressed by movies that simply don't suck as bad as other movies. Also, good special effects don't mean anything....I only notice bad ones these days

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.