DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 601.
#401 9 years ago

Yes, loving the widebody format. It gives the PF a bit more umphh...

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Lit side box art? I didn't see that on Heighways teaser page:

The lit side panel is standard on all heighway games, here is their latest cabinet, you can see where the art goes:

10355642_271558459634772_8275919738796988642_o.jpg10355642_271558459634772_8275919738796988642_o.jpg

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The lit side panel is standard on all heighway games, here is their latest cabinet, you can see where the art goes:

10355642_271558459634772_8275919... 125 KB

Hey, I'm not crazy!!!

#404 9 years ago

Wonder how many LE's are left? Still showing available, but a ton of names on the preorder forum..too lazy to count, and as someone already posted, don't think the forum is exclusive, anyway ...

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have to retract that....some reason I thought the side art on full throttle was lit, as well...suspect a modder will have fun w that down the road......

Hey No worries, but I will admit you had me wishing I missed something for a minute there. I could see side box lighting matching and somehow tying into the Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting on the ’35th Anniversary Edition’ version.

That's a great idea though, submit it to Heighway! Who knows it's still early.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

10355642_271558459634772_8275919... 125 KB

Oh dear Lord I have to go change my pants now!

Thanks for setting us straight

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The lit side panel is standard on all heighway games, here is their latest cabinet, you can see where the art goes.

Why the large cutouts at the flipper buttons, start button, and shooter rod?

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Perhaps because it's supposed to be modular for easy part assembly swap outs. That's kind of Heighways thing.

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The modular design. Alien will have a manual plunge, but Full Throttle has a button plunger.

Games could have 1 or 2 flipper buttons, etc.

When you swap the playfield, you swap the plunger.

#410 9 years ago

New article from Pavlov Pinball:

http://pavlovpinball.com/alien/

#411 9 years ago

Potential of 2 screens...one in playfield AND backbox!!!....this is officially killing me now.....I must turn my focus away ...time to play some PB, watch football, and a nap....can't be happier to be a part of this!!!

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Potential of 2 screens...one in playfield AND backbox!!!

Andrew mentioned this as a potential "mod" for Full Throttle in the past. I hope they do it, because the games are swappable it would be a one-time purchase so I'd do it in a second.

#413 9 years ago

Good article. The best part that I read (the quote is from Andrew):

Heighway won’t be drawn on what Alien assets the licence includes or whether any of the original actors have or will be approached to produce original call outs. “I can’t reveal the intricacies, but I can say that there will be clips from the movie in the game,” he says.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Good article. The best part that I read (the quote is from Andrew):
Heighway won’t be drawn on what Alien assets the licence includes or whether any of the original actors have or will be approached to produce original call outs. “I can’t reveal the intricacies, but I can say that there will be clips from the movie in the game,” he says.

Agreed!!!

#415 9 years ago

Thanks for the link to the article.

So dual LCD screens are being looked at that play synchronized clips from the movie plus there will be another LCD screen in the spinning toy that shows an air lock opening clip to reveal what mode you started? Wow. I bet the LCD and zenomorph on the spinning toy will be easy to get to compared to the Queen who will be reserved for something spectacular.

He can't yet comment on using the original actors for call outs. That's probably good, meaning something at least is in the works.

He did say Nordman has been working on Alien for almost a whole year now but when asked if Greg Freres is involved he said "No comment. Take from that what you will." Uh ...ok. I take it as he can't say, but he did?

Their playable virtual version with sounds has a fairly complete rule set already.

Still experimenting with sound cards and bass speakers to make the audio stronger. Sweet! And connecting it to what he calls HiFi which I'm interpreting as a home theater receiver. So will this be the first pin with surround? If only.

Alien will have WiFi connectivity to upload high scores and allow the use of pre-paid credits? I have no idea what pre-paid credits would be for.

Holy Moly! These are some big doings brother! That was more information than I have ever found on what's going on with the Alien machine.
Thanks so much for the post. Any other telling articles out there?

#416 9 years ago

Glad you like the piece Yipykya.

Just a couple of things:

Just to clarify, Andrew said "No comment", not "No comment. Take from that what you will." (The take from that what you will bit was my comment on his quote.)

As for the pre-paid credits, I think what Andrew is planning is that you can have an online account and add credit, and then when you go to an arcade or bar where there is a Heighway Pinball machine you will be able to log on to it somehow and it will then display your high scores from before, and you will be able to pay for games from your online account rather than having to pay with coins.

Cheers,

Paul

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

I think what Andrew is planning is that you can have an online account and add credit, and then when you go to an arcade or bar where there is a Heighway Pinball machine you will be able to log on to it somehow and it will then display your high scores from before, and you will be able to pay for games from your online account rather than having to pay with coins.

Cool idea!

#418 9 years ago

I wonder if the login is going to be similar to Arachnid's HotButtons? HotButtons can store player names, track stats, and store credits.

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Glad you like the piece Yipykya.
Just a couple of things:
Just to clarify, Andrew said "No comment", not "No comment. Take from that what you will." (The take from that what you will bit was my comment on his quote.)
As for the pre-paid credits, I think what Andrew is planning is that you can have an online account and add credit, and then when you go to an arcade or bar where there is a Heighway Pinball machine you will be able to log on to it somehow and it will then display your high scores from before, and you will be able to pay for games from your online account rather than having to pay with coins.
Cheers,
Paul

Thanks mfresh, my bad. I'm quite new to the realm of anything Pinball and I don't know enough to make a decision on that subject either way. Don't even know who Greg is yet but from what I have gathered Nordman is quite revered. I bet if I was there when Andrew said that, I could have read his body language and tone and been able to infer.

The pre-paid credits is a pretty cool idea but I won't be able to take advantage of that due to my location. I was originally thinking Heighway was going to bring back gambling. I kid

#420 9 years ago

Hey, everyone.. I can't help it either love this theme and with it being refundable... why not?

As far as making the down payment on the LE and potential taxes...

Are there fees for every type of payment besides money wire? When you use a Credit Card?

Obviously there will be a shipping charge? But will there for sure be no taxes? Since it seems to be like ordering any other pb machine online?

#421 9 years ago

I'll have to pay taxes, 13% and shipping unless Andrew finds a Canadian distributor. Its will easily cost me an extra grand+ to get this game. However for me totally worth it, amazing theme for pinball. I'm hoping that the trim becomes optional, not digging the lime green would rather have black powder coat. But not that a big a deal, Dennis Nordman is a great designer and I have a feeling this will be special pin.

#422 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Obviously there will be a shipping charge? But will there for sure be no taxes? Since it seems to be like ordering any other pb machine online?

From what I understand, Heighway will get their games to Chicago. From there you pay to get it to you, just like any other game.

Quoted from Hazoff:

unless Andrew finds a Canadian distributor

He is talking to Playdium now. Not sure the status of that, but if you haven't already you may want to tell Guylaine you're a potential buyer.

#423 9 years ago

Great communication from this company!

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Great communication from this company!

For now. As I recall, all of the "boutique" guys start out this way. Time will tell if this one will be different.

Not trying to be negative, as I like this machine; just trying to be a realist. I hope this machine sees the light of day, in large quantities.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

For now. As I recall, all of the "boutique" guys start out this way. Time will tell if this one will be different.
Not trying to be negative, as I like this machine; just trying to be a realist. I hope this machine sees the light of day, in large quantities.

Some boutiques have a basement and "an enthusiastic dude".

This "boutique" has a 40,000sqft facility and a world famous pinball designer with a proven track record.

1487732_249821158475169_5224068177800259989_o.jpg1487732_249821158475169_5224068177800259989_o.jpg

#426 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

This "boutique" has a 40,000sqft facility and a world famous pinball designer with a proven track record.

1487732_249821158475169_52240681... 234 KB

Agree this is EXACTLY why I have no problem putting a small "refundable" deposit towards this game... I seriously doubt Predator/JPOP ever see final product light of day to all those who put down deposits...

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

1487732_249821158475169_52240681... 234 KB

+1000!!! I hope for the people invested in other preorders, it works out (at least a refund of something)...reading the threads it don't sound very promising.

Heighway just doesn't strike me as (or look like) a boutique....it certainly appears they are very viable, already staffed, one game pretty much done, nice manufacturing facility (so far), and great communication. I quantify "communication" as straightforward, direct answers to relevant questions.
They seem like business guys, who have a passion for pinball (fortunately), not the other way around.....

#428 9 years ago

When are the moderators going to put up an avatar for the Alien game so I can put it on my wish list or collection

#429 9 years ago

"it doesn't" instead of "it don't" good grief....grammar 101 please....

#430 9 years ago

I don't know why people keep referring to Heighway as a "boutique" pinball maker. Just because they haven't delivered a pin yet does not make them "boutique". They plan on selling as many of the pins that they make as possible, and as pointed out above, they have a big factory in which to build the machines.

Boutiques would be much smaller runs (a hundred or so) and built in small shops, not a factory.

#431 9 years ago

I love it when I can agree with RobT, I had a few questions regarding my pre order and putting some extra cash I had down, sent an email that was answered almost immediately by Andrew, a few days later another query and same thing, then I sent a thank you to his pinside contact and the next day I had a response. This company is no flash in the pan in my opinion and Dennis Nordman doing Aliens with an LCD on the playfield, amazing.

#432 9 years ago

Let them ship some games and let them be good, until then I see a pic of an empty warehouse.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

When are the moderators going to put up an Avatar for the Alien game so I can put it on my wish list or collection

How about after the pin is actually revealed to start?

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Let them ship some games and let them be good, until then I see a pic of an empty warehouse.

We understand that some people may see us as 'boutique' because we are new, but we have set ourselves up to be a mass producer of games. As well as having Full Throttle and Alien Pinball in development, we have an additional 3 games also in development, including one game from John Trudeau.

As for shipping games - we would like to respectfully point out that we have already designed, built and shipped out 251 games globally, for Bacardi.

But if you would like to see full blown pinball games on a production line then we respect that. We are ramping up our operations and are still targeting the beginning of 'Full Throttle' production in January 2015 - so you should not have long to wait

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Dennis Nordman doing Aliens with an LCD on the playfield, amazing.

I'm with you Hazoff, no way to go wrong with that combo!

#436 9 years ago

Will there be a distributor in Australia?

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Will there be a distributor in Australia?

Yes, and sorry for the delay in announcing it.

We are putting a number of distribution deals together at the moment and we are hoping to announce Australia before this weekend

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Yes, and sorry for the delay in announcing it.
We are putting a number of distribution deals together at the moment and we are hoping to announce Australia before this weekend

That's great news, thanks very much for the update.

#439 9 years ago

We understand that some people may see us as 'boutique' because we are new, but we have set ourselves up to be a mass producer of games. As well as having Full Throttle and Alien Pinball in development, we have an additional 3 games also in development, including one game from John Trudeau.
As for shipping games - we would like to respectfully point out that we have already designed, built and shipped out 251 games globally, for Bacardi.
But if you would like to see full blown pinball games on a production line then we respect that. We are ramping up our operations and are still targeting the beginning of 'Full Throttle' production in January 2015 - so you should not have long to wait

Thank you Andrew....

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't know why people keep referring to Heighway as a "boutique" pinball maker. Just because they haven't delivered a pin yet does not make them "boutique". They plan on selling as many of the pins that they make as possible, and as pointed out above, they have a big factory in which to build the machines.
Boutiques would be much smaller runs (a hundred or so) and built in small shops, not a factory.

Agreed....

#441 9 years ago

Heighway, thanks!
Happy to be in #65!

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope this works out. As a Full Throttle owner getting a full-blown game like Alien with multiple toys, LCD screen, LED lights, etc. for $3900 is pretty sweet. Hell the all-in-one price of $6100 is pretty darn good.
I would think the shipping costs would be significantly reduced as well, thankfully.
I hope you can keep titles #3 and beyond below the $4k... that is a good psychological threshold to stay below.

Excuse me for asking this - maybe I am missing something, but on the website, it says "US $6,150" for the standard and "US $7,850" for the LE. Is the $3900 price for the "kit" that you can swap in and out of if you already own FTT?

Apologies for sounding ignorant. I honestly just do not know. $4000 for something awesome like Alien definitely caught my interest; however, I am quickly starting to think it is "too good to be true" .

#443 9 years ago

Very interested in this game. Been watching hwp since I first heard of full throttle and was bummed cuz that theme is not for me Please get Canadian distribution!

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Excuse me for asking this - maybe I am missing something, but on the website, it says "US $6,150" for the standard and "US $7,850" for the LE. Is the $3900 price for the "kit" that you can swap in and out of if you already own FTT?
Apologies for sounding ignorant. I honestly just do not know. $4000 for something awesome like Alien definitely caught my interest; however, I am quickly starting to think it is "too good to be true" .

The play fields come out and can be swapped. So if you own one of the pins, the second playfield is much cheaper, but of course, you'll only have 1 set up at a time, cause you'd only have one cabinet.

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Is the $3900 price for the "kit" that you can swap in and out of if you already own FTT?

Yes. The playfield, translite and cabinet side panels swap.

#446 9 years ago

would love to hear that motion sensor somewhere in game.

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Because around Pinside, boutique means anyone other than Stern. The current King of boutiques is JJP.

#448 9 years ago

Trudeau, huh? So Gary is letting him moonlight with you guys?

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Trudeau, huh? So Gary is letting him moonlight with you guys?

No, John designed a game for us before he joined Stern

#450 9 years ago

No, John designed a game for us before he joined Stern

Very cool......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.