pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 601.
#4401 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That's what's great about the TWD integration -> it works if you've watched the show or if you never have

That may be true... But it's not a "generic" zombie theme. And the playfield is literally riddled with evidence of the show.

#4402 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That's what's great about the TWD integration -> it works if you've watched the show or if you never have

That may be true... But it's not a "generic" zombie theme. And the playfield is literally riddled with evidence of the show.

#4403 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

#4404 8 years ago

you can say that again

#4405 8 years ago

I'm totally cool with Ripley not being on the playfield...

She isn't much to look at (and is a bit of a dog), and the films aren't called "ripley". Make it about the aliens and their universe. That's tons of content to draw from.

Wynona Ryder plastic mods & toys on the playfield would be nicer to look at, but sadly from later film

And really... Shouldn't we dig deeper into the whole cat aspect of the aliens universe. Shirly there's no "extra" licensing for the cat and stop calling me...

Given the global popularity of cats, imagine the enormous consumer appeal to this Alien pin if it was covered in cat actor content. Cat mods, cat modes, hell... Even extra points for getting your cat to play. We could even ship the game right meow with 1 of the balls made of yarn.

Move over dr jones !!
LE backglass on the way !!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

I'll bet $10 kaneda-dollars that aurich is secretly planning an Alt-Retheme playfield overlay, plastics, backglass & outer-cab art that is cat themed & that's why there's no cat likeness on the current design

#4406 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

And really... Shouldn't we dig deeper into the whole cat aspect of the aliens universe. Surely there's no "extra" licensing for the cat

All joking aside, in the novel, the cat was the narrator of the whole story.

#4407 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All joking aside, in the novel, the cat was the narrator of the whole story.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4408 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

And really... Shouldn't we dig deeper into the whole cat aspect of the aliens universe.

jones_(resized).jpgjones_(resized).jpg

#4409 8 years ago

^^ for the win !!!

#4410 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

She isn't much to look at (and is a bit of a dog),

What

600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg

#4411 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

She isn't much to look at (and is a bit of a dog)

She has very masculine facial features, ever with the latter surgeries.

#4412 8 years ago

and What again.

tumblr_meeqanfEb71rj28rmo4_1280_(resized).jpgtumblr_meeqanfEb71rj28rmo4_1280_(resized).jpg

Sigourney-Weaver-Teases-Ripley-Return-In-Fifth-Alien-Movie_(resized).jpgSigourney-Weaver-Teases-Ripley-Return-In-Fifth-Alien-Movie_(resized).jpg

#4413 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What

600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg

I needed a lead in for the dog/cat pivot

#4414 8 years ago

I'm 5'7" and have a soft spot for tall beauties.

#4415 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

jones_(resized).jpg

Just ONE insert for the cat??!?! PFFFT. Whatever.

I don't know this world anymore. Btw, I dated a Sigourney-esque woman years ago. One date. Don't need her staring at me while playing pinball!!

#4416 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just ONE insert for the cat??!?! PFFFT. Whatever.
I don't know this world anymore. Btw, I dated a Sigourney-esque woman years ago. One date. Don't need her staring at me while playing pinball!!

Was she a cat hoarder?

#4417 8 years ago

I'm sure all of you are real lookers as well

#4418 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm sure all of you are real lookers as well

Watchu talkin bout ??

Me at last year's TPF, look out ladies
Kaneda was always a little too affectionate...

#4419 8 years ago

Sigourney was always a fox. Even at 90 she's still looking good!

then_(resized).jpgthen_(resized).jpgnow_(resized).jpgnow_(resized).jpg

#4420 8 years ago

Found a topper idea

#4421 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

then_(resized).jpgnow_(resized).jpg

Ummm, 67. Not 90.

#4422 8 years ago

I can pretty much bet that there aren't too many guys that would have kicked her out of bed back when she was younger. Sure she's old now, but just look at her in Galaxy Quest, she was 50 back then and still hot.

#4423 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Ummm, 67. Not 90.

Same thing.

Add 5 years to the age of any Hollywood broad, they are liars.

#4424 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

then_(resized).jpgnow_(resized).jpg

dolph lundgren called. he wants his jaw back...

#4425 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

they are liars.

Can you blame them? They have to live up to the intense scrutiny of the all important pinball community. I don't know how they manage it. First place PR people check: pinside. "But what do pinsiders say?!!"

#4426 8 years ago

Can't wait for the 'Harry Potter' pin with no character license.

#4427 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can't wait for the Harry Potter pin with no character license.

They're going to focus on the owls

#4428 8 years ago

Coming soon Harry Potter LE send deposit now.image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4429 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

They're going to focus on the owls

Super immersive!

(LE ships with a feather boa)

#4430 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Accept for the fish tank... "Woodbury" shot, well Walker... The obvious prison...
If you watch the show, it's obvious how many of the elements were used...

But if you dont watch the show you would think its just a zombie pin for the most part .... I found that out yesterday when I had a bunch of newbie non pinheads over . They thought it was just a zombie pin which they loved.

#4431 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can't wait for the 'Harry Potter' pin with no character license.

I get that you're joking, but everyone really needs to chill.

If you want honest answers you need to not freak out when you get them.

No one said there are no actors in the game. Apparently some moron is podcasting this now like it's a fact, but he's an idiot who doesn't know shit from gold, and has zero inside information, so please just put him on ignore like the rest of the sensible world.

The honest answer is the actors are a separate negotiation, that's just the way the license game works. You're getting the behind the scenes story, which is that we're still in negotiations.

If you want me to just not tell you the truth and say "Stay tuned" all the time I can do that. It's not hard to dance around answers to things. Just let me know if you can't handle it. Seriously, not trying to be dickish, but if this is gonna be the reaction it's not worth it. I never wanted actors on the playfield in the first place, would have been easy to say that and just move on.

Otherwise just relax, and wait for the game to be done. All of this is normal, for every company, Stern included. They're just at the stage where they don't have to tell you anything ahead of time to sell games. GOT took two years to make. You think there wasn't a ton of back and forth they never mentioned to you? And you'll notice Heighway hasn't said a word about games 3 and 4 which are in development, so that's happening with them too.

tl;dr Things are in progress, chill until there's actual news

#4432 8 years ago

I believe you Aurch, just we've heard it before with a Predator and the music from TBL.

I'm waiting to see the complete pin before I judge anything.

#4433 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I get that you're joking, but everyone really needs to chill.
If you want honest answers you need to not freak out when you get them.
No one said there are no actors in the game. Apparently some moron is podcasting this now like it's a fact, but he's an idiot who doesn't know shit from gold, and has zero inside information, so please just put him on ignore like the rest of the sensible world.
The honest answer is the actors are a separate negotiation, that's just the way the license game works. You're getting the behind the scenes story, which is that we're still in negotiations.
If you want me to just not tell you the truth and say "Stay tuned" all the time I can do that. It's not hard to dance around answers to things. Just let me know if you can't handle it. Seriously, not trying to be dickish, but if this is gonna be the reaction it's not worth it. I never wanted actors on the playfield in the first place, would have been easy to say that and just move on.
Otherwise just relax, and wait for the game to be done. All of this is normal, for every company, Stern included. They're just at the stage where they don't have to tell you anything ahead of time to sell games. GOT took two years to make. You think there wasn't a ton of back and forth they never mentioned to you? And you'll notice Heighway hasn't said a word about games 3 and 4 which are in development, so that's happening with them too.
tl;dr Things are in progress, chill until there's actual news

Don't bite! making sausages is hard

#4434 8 years ago

Why do some people here over scrutinise every word that is being said and even get quotes from other threads into this one ? Aurich said a zillion times that nothing is set in stone and negotations are underway. Heighway tries to be open and chill and are communicating and all I see here is people making conclusions while that is not even possible at this point.

Aurich is telling us very clearly how things came to be. He is not a legal expert that weighs every word he says, he is basically just one of us pinballers that wants to keep us in the loop. One way or the other everything is being made into a negative here. This will eventually lead to them behaving just as the rest of the manufacturers: bad communication.

As Aurich said multiple times, just wait to see how this game unfolds the next few months. I feel it will be a great game as the people that are making it are people that have a heart for pinball and are players and buyers themself. Please don't force them into radio silence.

#4435 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

some moron is podcasting

podcasting...

those 3 listeners are going to be mislead!

#4436 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Don't bite! making sausages is hard

Sorry, I know my tone was a little harsh. And I know people are joking. But this is how rumors get repeated like fact, and I hate to see the thread getting derailed by it.

I'm talking plastics and playfield stuff with Dave on Skype right now, multitasking in the forum while we chat. He's someone who really wants the game right. Anyone who's shot Full Throttle knows that he gets it.

There have been a bunch of delays, most of them related to license issues. And that's why at this stage we're still talking negotiations. But we're getting work done, the game is coming together still, and we're all excited to push it further still.

I just want to feel like we can share progress with people understanding that it's still not-final. I know it's hard, you don't know what's coming, you don't have all the context, and I promise we'll do our best to give you all of that as we can.

#4437 8 years ago

I heard a rumor that the alien pin will ship with some uninformed douchebag podcasts pre-installed and there's a pin menu setting to use those podcast clips as callouts instead of movie voice-overs

Let's see if they repeat that

#4438 8 years ago

rumoroversize1-1_(resized).jpgrumoroversize1-1_(resized).jpg

I can't tell if the guy on the left has a mustache or really weird lips.

#4439 8 years ago

When will we see an actual playfield printed?
Has the artwork for the plastics been approved yet?

#4440 8 years ago

Hang in there homie.
Your Alien pin artwork rocks.
This is going to be the most kick butt immersive experience the Sci-Fi world has seen in decades & you're the front man bringing the visual together for the entire world to enjoy.

This pin will be hoarded by collectors & players for generations & the envy of the current and the growing future fans.

It is truly a work of art & an important piece of sci-fi & entertainment history.

#4441 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now you have just shed light on his activities which is the exact opposite of ignoring him, and he just won by finally getting a solid reaction from you. Plus you more or less just admitted to listening to his podcasts, which i'm sure you will shoot me down as saying, "No, somebody just told me what he is saying" Nevertheless, you know the content of his podcasts and it has affected you enough to break pinside rules by calling another pinsider " A moron, idiot who doesn't know shit from gold"

Come on dude, ignoring someone is just that...IGNORING!

Agreed that most of what he spews is filthy, but if you sift through it there are some flakes of truth to be found....For instance, is there another pinball art designer who comes onto pinside bashing the art of the competition? I get it, you're freelance, not an employee, but you did take the stage with heighway & pass the mic., which does carry some weight Aurich. It's not fair to leave Heighway in the wake of your turbulence!

#4442 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hang in there homie.
Your Alien pin artwork rocks.
This is going to be the most kick butt immersive experience the Sci-Fi world has seen in decades & you're the front man bringing the visual together for the entire world to enjoy.
This pin will be hoarded by collectors & players for generations & the envy of the current and the growing future fans.
It is truly a work of art & an important piece of sci-fi & entertainment history.

Labnip speaks truth!!!....

#4443 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

When will we see an actual playfield printed?
Has the artwork for the plastics been approved yet?

I think the plan is to print the next whitewood so we can check how it looks, and then make adjustments. Remember, Dave is in Wales, I'm in California, there's some distance here, we're not working side by side in the factory together.

I'm talking plastics with Dave right now, they're still in progress.

Here's the real deal: we were basically kinda holding our breath to see how the playfield would go over before doing a lot of other things. And the approval took a long time. I won't lie, I was starting to worry. And then boom, all good, green light, go!

So now it's pedal to the metal on a lot of other things. Progress will be a lot faster now.

#4444 8 years ago

After looking at the playfield reveal and listening to the Podcast with Aurich, I really connect with the art. I'm old enough (45) to have seen most these movies as they were released. I missed the first one at the theater (I was 9), but saw it on video before the sequel was released.

The playfield really captures the story. I'll reserve my opinion on the rest of the game, actors likenesses and video clips as they are released.

So far, I'm excited about this game. I sure hope to play it at TPF.

#4445 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Plus you more or less just admitted to listening to his podcasts, which i'm sure you will shoot me down as saying, "No, somebody just told me what he is saying"

Haha, someone actually told me about it at Arcade Expo yesterday, but I'll let him remain name nameless so he doesn't have to admit he listened. I did give him shit for it though!

This is the real world, we're all big boys, and if someone is being a moron and spreading false rumors then I'm going to say so. I don't care about his ego or anything else. Apparently he said I'm some kind of partner at Heighway or something? No idea, but let the record be clear, I'm a contractor for this game, and that's that. I have zero say in the company. After Alien I'm back to my own personal projects, this is just a hobby for me, I have a job that I love, not quitting it for pinball, that's for sure.

I'm sitting here watching the Twitch stream of the tourney at Never Drains, rooting for my friends (go Tim!), drinking 100 proof Moscow mules, and not at all worried about anything.

I'm happy to share everything I can with you guys. All I ask is that you understand that you're getting the behind the scenes info, things are not complete, not final, and I just need everyone to not jump to conclusions or listen to people who have no clue what the hell is going on.

You meet me half way and we're all good. If it turns into a headache I'm gonna just clam up and do the work without sharing, because I honestly don't need any more drama in my life. Up to you.

#4447 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys are some crazy mother-fers and I salute you. I'm in on TBL, and I thought I'd never pre-order a game (let alone pay that much for a damn pin), but at least I've played it and seen it and chilled with Dutch Pinball. Alien sounds absolutely bad ass, I love the theme to death, but you haven't even seen the art yet and you're pre-ordering?!
Looking forward to the reveal, and I love me some Dennis Nordman, but I gotta see the art before I even think about it.

So what do you think now Aurich?

#4448 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So what do you think now Aurich?

I think you're all f—ing crazy, but I love you all anyways!

#4449 8 years ago

Also, if you're just sitting here enjoying a lazy Sunday like me then I highly recommend you pull this up:

http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/

Because this is why I'm sitting here at the computer answering posts so often.

#4450 8 years ago

What Aurich says:

"The honest answer is the actors are a separate negotiation, that's just the way the license game works. You're getting the behind the scenes story, which is that we're still in negotiations."

What some of us hear:

Negotiations = nothing finalized = possibility of no actors in the game. Commence sky falling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.