DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 601.
#4351 8 years ago

Ripley/Weaver is in GB.

Will she be in there?

#4352 8 years ago

As usual, trouble w/a theme like this is expectations. I was hoping for Ripley and a P-5000, but that's not happening. As well, I was hoping for a vivid and detailed Xenomorph/Alien on the playfield. What Aurich has done is nice, but it doesn't strike me as flat out Alien(s) yet. Too bad for me and I hope I'm in the minority. After having Heighway screw up my LE order I'm now on the fence. Going to think about it over the weekend and see how I feel come Monday. Aurich is undoubtedly talented and as far as playfiled artwork goes what the hell do I know anyway. Still doesn't keep me from feeling a bit let down, but again, that's the problem w/expectations....especially mine! Can't wait to see/play the final product!!

#4353 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

After having Heighway screw up my LE order

Do tell, please..

#4354 8 years ago

Nothing major just an aggravation. Was told that none of the 3 numbers I had requested were available so Heighway emailed me a list of numbers available. The one I chose from their list turned out to be part of a distributor's allotment. Found out 2 months down the road. Now I'm numberless

#4355 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Nothing major just an aggravation. Was told the none of the 3 numbers I had requested were available so Heighway emailed me a list of numbers available. The one I chose from their list turned out to be part of a distributor's allotment. Found out 2 months down the road. Now I'm numberless

There's another # w your name on it....will still be Alien LE and still be yours....

#4356 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here's the premium...makes 2/3...And the secondary market firmware has lots of callouts from the show and that download is mega-popular.
Just say'n....

Screen_Shot_2016-01-15_at_1.22.32_PM_(resized).png

To me twd pin is more of a generic overall zombie theme rather than based on the show. If you were to only see the play field not many people wld know its twd.

#4357 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

... we will officially announce what the situation is regarding actors/callouts/music etc... closer to the release. The reason for this is that it is an ongoing process with our licensor and therefore it is not something that we can comment on at this point.
What I can tell you is that we want what you want. Whether we get all of it or some of it is the real issue, and one that we will clarify at a later date.

You could practically hear a pin drop in this thread once that was revealed.

If I was a pre-order holder, I would take a step back, breathe, realize 2 things: 1. Programs like PinBrowser are out there...and 2. that there are talented people in this community that have made wonderous things happen (looking at you, Chad, with the JP/SWDE code and you guys as well Cleland, Milhouse and Esky with TWD custom callout codes).

There are surely options if this part of the game goes belly up - keep your heads up and your eyes on the prize. Right now, we have no idea what the final product is, and your deposits (as I understand it) are refundable, so no one is out anything on any front.

I do hope that all the parts of this game pan out. To have the music from the "air duct chase" playing in this game would be so amazing. I don't even have a pre-oder going, and I want to see this pan out well for everyone.

#4358 8 years ago

I'm going to mod every sound on mine to be Jonsey's meow so it doesnt matter what the package is.

Meow
Jeff

#4359 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I may even be able to get over the actor video clips, but must have some of these callouts, they are just too good and I just can't see voice actors filling in for these. At the very least Ripley and Hudson (Hicks would be great) are absolute musts haves. Hopefully if they can't be added in production, then they can be added later. These quotes would really add to the fun factor immensely.
“We’re on an express elevator to hell, going down!”
“Get away from her, you bitch.”
“I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”
“MARINES. We are LEAVING.”
“That’s inside the room.”
“Oh, great. Wonderful. SHIT!”
"Game over man game over!"
"Eat This!"
"Think of what? We're f**ked!"
EDIT - Another good one from Vasquez "Lets Rock!!" At the start of a multiball.

You left out one of my favorites:

"Why don't you put her in charge?"

#4360 8 years ago

I would like to see the gentleman on the right or the previous andriod represented on the game somewhere.

Jeff

FB_IMG_1452917316316_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1452917316316_(resized).jpg

#4361 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I've never played the Avatar pin, is Weaver in that game in any fashion?

Yes, her Avatar is on the playfield and tons of her voice clips are in the game.

#4362 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

To have the music from the "air duct chase" playing in this game would be so amazing. I don't even have a pre-oder going, and I want to see this pan out well for everyone.

One thing I forget to mention re: my chat with Andrew. He said that music would likely be a mix of movie, original and reorchestrations. They couldn't talk about it yet though as they're still negotiating. Possible you'll get it.

#4363 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Aurich, since we're getting a glimpse into "how the sausage is made", can you share some of the ways you've been able to proceed with the design without knowing all the assets you will get?

Hmm. I mean, I'm happy to talk about stuff, but I'm not entirely sure how to answer that question. It's kind of a fake it until you make it thing. I'm gonna just ramble for a bit, see if I'm helping answer your question.

I think I mentioned this at my talk during the Alien presentation at Expo, but it was an enormous challenge to find a high rez image of the classic egg. These are just old films, and we're not talking about hard drives full of beautiful high rez assets. You have to get creative. Luckily that one was acquired finally, it just took a while.

You get a modern film, like say Hobbit. They obviously had their own license challenges, but in the end JP really did a great job. I will freely admit that I'm pretty jealous of the assets he had access to. Tons of high rez images. (And whoever tried to give me credit for his work, I know you meant well, but that was all him, we barely talked.)

I hear that people want a big xenomorph. I gave you that the best I could, there are three right in front of you in the prime art spot on the game. I was delighted that right between the flippers Fox let me use an original HR Giger drawing, that's awesome. Super happy about that. Because Alien, as a film franchise, has never been about showing you the beast clearly. Quick cuts, strobe lights, dark lighting, shadows, they'll do anything to not just have one lurking over you with nice lighting.

There is no Smaug poster, where you have a giant dragon for the side of the cabinet. Notice all the Alien images people like Ted have posted in this thread are fan art? Nothing official from Fox. If I had more Giger art to work with I would have used it. They didn't give me anything else that I didn't already use.

Also, the assets were mostly pretty low rez, and gritty, often JPEGs. Fine for a website slideshow maybe, but useless for print.

I didn't have a folder called Awesome High Rez Xenomorph Poses to choose from.

I took risks where I could creating my own art and drawings. Early on they made it pretty clear that there was a limit to where I could push that. I'll try it again with the LE art.

Look, if I was unhappy with the playfield you probably wouldn't be seeing it. I'm not. A lot of people really like it, some don't, and you'll never please everyone. So I don't want to sound like I'm apologizing or whining or anything. But the reality is that I had to work creatively within some confining limits, and this is the approach that I took. If you were hoping for an update to Bally Space Invaders that just wasn't in the cards.

If I had the power to hand this project off to the ghost of HR Giger to airbrush? I'd do it in a heartbeat, I'm as much of a fan as all of you.

I think this game is going to look bad ass when we're done. There's more to come. There are more people than just me who are going to do killer work on this game to make it a great experience. And it's not going to be a generic game in any sense. It's going to be about the stories from the films. I can't answer the actor question now. But if you want to watch the movie put in the Blu-ray. We're going to make a game, that's fun to play, that's going to immerse you in the Alien world.

I want Ripley and Hudson as much as anyone, and we'll do our best to make that happen. But if the worst case goes down and we don't have them? I just want to say that we're prepared to still make the game great. There's really going to be a lot more to this than hearing a handful of your favorite film lines.

#4364 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4365 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

"Game over man game over!"

If there were no options for modding this line into the machine regardless of how the licensing works out, it would be pretty close to a deal breaker for me if that couldn't be the game over callout.

It's funny, following the progress on this game has made me realize how much those first two movies meant to my childhood.

Alien is still my #1 choice for 2017.

#4366 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

image_(resized).jpeg

Want an idea of how far a Blu Ray screenshot gets you on a 300dpi printed playfield?

f3ae06bee5c5105ce9641ed5536306011149b687_(resized).jpegf3ae06bee5c5105ce9641ed5536306011149b687_(resized).jpeg

Not very far.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.26.48_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-16_at_6.26.48_PM_(resized).png

#4367 8 years ago

I cant resist....one of my favorites.....

#4368 8 years ago

Hey accidental, wonder how that'd look near the upper right flipper?

#4369 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Want an idea of how far a Blu Ray screenshot gets you on a 300dpi printed playfield?

Want an idea of how someone who has never worked in commercial printing or video production thinks these things work?

#4371 8 years ago

I believe once all the toys, plastics, ramps, fiber optics, etc are put on it'll be enough Alien(s) for anyone. Even me and my expectations.

#4372 8 years ago

"I'm altering the vector, now"

"Struts retract"

#4373 8 years ago

Haha, you guys, you're sitting here arguing over an image, and no one stopped to remember that it's already on the side of the game.

sideart_(resized).jpgsideart_(resized).jpg

#4374 8 years ago

By the way, if you look at that side art enlarged you can see that it's actually subtly colored to match up with the playfield, and not just be straight up green, which is what I thought we'd have to do. There's enough green in there to make Fox happy, and a little color with it.

#4375 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I've never played the Avatar pin....

Then you have won pinball!

#4376 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Assets - we have a HUGE wishlist of assets, including many video segments from both movies. These have now been compiled and will be submitted for approval this week. We would assume that we will get approval for what we are allowed to use, before the end of January. These assets can then be dropped into our software for this game. Work on assets that we will create, such as the screen dashboard, will begin in January - and continue until the the game is complete.

Flashbacks from 1 year ago

#4377 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

HA!
You, my friend, are 100% correct. New avatar coming up...

Flashbacks

#4378 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Super curious to see this! Art is going to be a real make or break for me on this one, there's just so much awesome potential.

lol flashback

#4379 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I absolutely promise you no one is going to mistake this for anything other than an Alien pin. There will be nothing generic about it.

WTF-IS-IT_(resized).pngWTF-IS-IT_(resized).png

"Aurich" ---- Why did you use.... Photoshops........ Default Layer Style.....Outer Glow.....Why?

#4380 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

To me twd pin is more of a generic overall zombie theme rather than based on the show. If you were to only see the play field not many people wld know its twd.

Accept for the fish tank... "Woodbury" shot, well Walker... The obvious prison...

If you watch the show, it's obvious how many of the elements were used...

#4381 8 years ago

I just did a quick overlay of the playfield art over the whitewood. PS on the iPad sucks, but in the end I got this... And it looks even better to me. Even when basically only flippers are added, you get a much better feel where and what size everything is. And of course the player's perspective you're used to...

#4382 8 years ago

I think that looks pretty sick! Thanks for posting it for us!

#4383 8 years ago

Nice mockup. Starts putting it into perspective. Really it's all about that alien at the bottom and the scope.

#4384 8 years ago

Oh man I cant wait to see the finished product. Looks awesome! Go Aurich and Slamtilt!

#4385 8 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I just did a quick overlay of the playfield art over the whitewood. PS on the iPad sucks, but in the end I got this... And it looks even better to me. Even when basically only flippers are added, you get a much better feel where and what size everything is. And of course the player's perspective you're used to...

image_(resized).jpeg

Sweet. I'm out at Arcade Expo, just checking in from my phone. Great idea thanks for doing that.

#4386 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Accept for the fish tank... "Woodbury" shot, well Walker... The obvious prison...
If you watch the show, it's obvious how many of the elements were used...

That's what's great about the TWD integration -> it works if you've watched the show or if you never have

#4387 8 years ago

Wish it looked like this:

alienlegacy_(resized).jpgalienlegacy_(resized).jpg

#4388 8 years ago

Watched the Giger movie on Netflix last night. Very insightful. Very interested in the final game.

#4389 8 years ago
Quoted from MES:

Watched the Giger movie on Netflix last night. Very insightful. Very interested in the final game.

What's the title of the movie?

#4390 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What's the title of the movie?

Dark Star: HR Giger's world

#4391 8 years ago

Have you guys ever been to either of the Giger Bars?

img_7986_(resized).jpgimg_7986_(resized).jpg

giger-bar_(resized).pnggiger-bar_(resized).png

#4392 8 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

Wish it looked like this:

alienlegacy_(resized).jpg

Is that Future Pinball or something?

I mean, I like the motion tracker idea.

Honestly though the rest of that look isn't really doing it for me. Even if I had the assets and okay to make it look like that I wouldn't.

We all have different tastes though.

#4393 8 years ago

I think Heighway's Russell Speak helped redo the rules on a cool update for Future Pinball's Aliens Legacy as well as some of its music and sound effects if I recall correctly.

With all the toys, RGB lighting, etc... I know the tangible "real" thing will out class the virtual table 10 fold when the time comes.

#4394 8 years ago

I stumbled onto the Giger bar in Gruyeres Switzerland by accident about 5 yrs ago on our way driving from Montreux to Interlaken

Very cool town, walking down Main Street towards the fort, saw the bar, and it was WTF is this doing here!

This place is not on the beaten path

#4395 8 years ago

Yes, I overhauled the entire table with new art, rules, sound and music....I even added movie clips! Some of my ideas from that table didnt make it to the real thing. I always thought the sentry gun slingshots were cool. And the alien between the flippers....

AliensPF_(resized).JPGAliensPF_(resized).JPG

#4396 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I stumbled onto the Giger bar in Gruyeres Switzerland by accident about 5 yrs ago on our way driving from Montreux to Interlaken
Very cool town, walking down Main Street towards the fort, saw the bar, and it was WTF is this doing here!
This place is not on the beaten path

I was there as well and went to the Giger museum. Awesome town. Come for the Giger museum, stay for the cheese.

#4397 8 years ago

Funny, apparently a mod blocked me from this thread. But I can still access it if I google it.. lol

EDIT: Correction, "drained"

#4398 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Funny, apparently a mod blocked me from this thread. But I can still access it if I google it..

Sounds like it's been drained, not blocked.

#4399 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sounds like it's been drained, not blocked.

Correct not blocked, drained. I guess if you don't say nice things you just get drained now.

EDIT: I was able to "un-drain" it... I am back!! But, I will try to behave this time...

#4400 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

» YouTube video
I think Heighway's Russell Speak helped redo the rules on a cool update for Future Pinball's Aliens Legacy as well as some of its music and sound effects if I recall correctly.
With all the toys, RGB lighting, etc... I know the tangible "real" thing will out class the virtual table 10 fold when the time comes.

If that's the case, the game is going to be fantastic. If you haven't played the update to it, I highly suggest it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.