pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 601.
#3602 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

bank wire transfer?

pay with debit card and no fees

#3603 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hey!!!...you're supposed to be guarding the TRON thread..based on Flanks latest avatar, we could be in trouble over there...( btw, you NEED this pin, as well...)...

i have to sell my Space Invaders pin, so it doesn't get jealous being in the same house.
...any buyers?

#3604 8 years ago

Wow. look at how fast this thread went back to topic.

#3606 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow. look at how fast this thread went back to topic.

My bad....just getting labnip onboard...what's your #?

#3607 8 years ago

Amazing how one person can take over a great thread!

#3608 8 years ago

Ignore button is your friend.

#3609 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Whew, no doubt!!!....blondetall rocks!!!

#3610 8 years ago

Just got word that Kaneda's Alien order was declined. Not enough money left in his Paypal account.

#3611 8 years ago

So, tomorrow for the art work super reveal? Or Tuesday?

#3612 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

well we are told we can expect the playfield reveal next week. i also got my first moderated warning.
alot of excitement this week.
glad the thread is back on track.

#3613 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

well we are told we can expect the playfield reveal next week. i also got my first moderated warning.
alot of excitement this week.
glad the thread is back on track.

It's a badge of honor, my friend; wear it with pride. It's like the Tenderfoot badge of Pinside.

Eagle Scout is having your account frozen...especially if it's for a stupid reason. Get that, and I'll buy you a beer.

Can't wait for the reveal...love the theme, but won't preorder anymore.

#3614 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's a badge of honor, my friend; wear it with pride. It's like the Tenderfoot badge of Pinside.
Eagle Scout is having your account frozen...especially if it's for a stupid reason. Get that, and I'll buy you a beer.
Can't wait for the reveal...love the theme, but won't preorder anymore.

you can come play mine anytime when it gets here i am only 1:15 away.
"be prepared"

#3615 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you can come play mine anytime when it gets here i am only 1:15 away.
"be prepared"

I drive an Infiniti with a heavy foot...you're less than an hour away. I'll hold you to that invitation...thanks!

#3616 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hope amazing jackpot call out.
This is also why i love pins like MM, LOTR etc..

another thing i would love. As movies get many scenes in the dark, oppressives with flashs i would love a mod like on AFM with only a strobe light
i think it would be awesome.

if aurich can read me!

#3618 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In the pipe, 5 by 5!

Ha you really need to get out more!

#3619 8 years ago

Aliens is a theme that commands mood lighting, I hope we see something special in that regard.

#3620 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Aliens is a theme that commands mood lighting, I hope we see something special in that regard.

Like the TWD, and modes that take advantage of that.

Actually, the theme lends itself to what could be some of the best/creative lighting ever.

#3621 8 years ago

Did I miss an announcement on exactly what day they will reveal the playfield?

I know I read Andrew say "next week"

#3622 8 years ago

It's a new week lets see that PF already I'm dying here!

#3623 8 years ago

Expect that the playfield artwork will be shown on Thursday, and you will be pleasantly surprised when it shows up earlier. But also, have your pitchforks and frothy pinside rants at the ready if it doesn't get revealed until Friday.

#3624 8 years ago

There's no reason to keep it a secret, it will be tomorrow (Tuesday) to correspond with the show Heighway is attending.

#3625 8 years ago

Just curious for those that are ordering the LE if the lime green trim would end up being a detriment in the future if you ended up buying future "kits" for it to swap in? I would think that a black cabinet with black nickel or chrome trim would be a safer option as it wouldn't clash with future titles.-I suppose trim can always be swapped out later though.

#3626 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Just curious for those that are ordering the LE if the lime green trim would end up being a detriment in the future if you ended up buying future "kits" for it to swap in? I would think that a black cabinet with black nickel or chrome trim would be a safer option as it wouldn't clash with future titles.-I suppose trim can always be swapped out later though.

Turn back 10 pages

#3627 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't know that plan right now, so don't take this as gospel, but I think until the LE art is done we won't worry too much about the trim color. So I'd just file it under "special trim that matches art in a cool way" for now.

#3628 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the theme lends itself to what could be some of the best/creative lighting ever.

no pressure though

#3629 8 years ago

Personally, I would prefer a darker green to a lime green, but I do want it to be green. I don't really care if it matches other themes. The beacons on top of the LE probably won't match other themes, either.

Edit: Not to mention the little placard that says "Alien 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Number XXX/500"...that probably wouldn't match either.

#3630 8 years ago

Well, I don't know what to say about this but thanks to Highway and Aurich for pushing this thru... hopefully won't take another year to actually get it out though... no more pre-orders for me, but who knows, if pf looks awesome may have to change my mind about that..

#3631 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's no reason to keep it a secret, it will be tomorrow (Tuesday) to correspond with the show Heighway is attending.

You're one of the biggest critics of lazy effects in other art and that many modern games don't look like beautiful pieces of art so they're unsuitable for your home at the prices they cost. I'm ready to nitpick the shit out of this!

But I'm expecting it to be awesome. Shadow is the best looking game in my lineup!

#3632 8 years ago

Aurich/Andrew, will the playfield art reveal also reveal what's on the playfield display? I know that that's a dynamic thing, but has that been finalized to any degree yet?

#3633 8 years ago

And how about posting that simulated gameplay video we used to hear about?

That and the pf reveal would be a one-two punch!

#3634 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'm ready to nitpick the shit out of this!

Fair is fair!

Quoted from aeonblack:

Aurich/Andrew, will the playfield art reveal also reveal what's on the playfield display? I know that that's a dynamic thing, but has that been finalized to any degree yet?

No, only because it all needs to go through approvals before being shown. There is a dashboard and animations now, parts we consider "finished" but nothing we can show yet.

What I can tell you, and I mentioned it some earlier, is that at almost all times you will see your score, the scores for any other players (or instructions for them to start or insert credits, going to try and bring a little more "arcade style" clarity to multiplayer game starting) your credits or free play status, number of balls, and number of extra balls.

Only time you won't see that info is during full screen animations for events like starting a mode or a multiball or extra ball, that kind of stuff. Quick fun things, usually when the ball is being held. Otherwise the dashboard data is always present.

I hate not having access to that kind of info all the time, it's just too essential for players to have. Some modern DMD games don't do a great job of that, any especially in multiplayer games it can be frustrating.

Definitely one big advantage of a high rez LCD over a low rez dot matrix display. There's space and clarity for that kind of persistent info.

All that info is at the bottom of the screen, where it's easiest to read on the in-playfield LCD (that's the part closest to you) and will be in a consistent location at all times, so easy to quickly glance at what you need while playing.

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

And how about posting that simulated gameplay video we used to hear about?

That's really out of date now, is full of unapproved assets that were just in for testing purposes, and would give the wrong impression of the game. Wouldn't be a good idea to post it, sorry.

#3635 8 years ago

Thanks for the answer! Despite that, it is still going to be awesome for us to be getting ANY new info on the game. Playfield artwork is a huge thing for me, so I'm pretty pumped for tomorrow.

#3636 8 years ago

Tomorrow will be a good Alien day!!!

#3637 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I know this has been mentioned previously but I'm also hoping for a chrome glass frame and chrome flipper button protectors and start button protectors (I'm not sure what the proper name for these are). I'm a little reluctant to order a Full Throttle till something is set in stone for that. The grey just looks a little cheap and I'm not a fan of green. Chrome would be a nice universal look for the standard.

#3638 8 years ago

fingerprint magnet

#3639 8 years ago

Chrome... Nah. Grained stainless steel...

#3640 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Chrome... Nah. Grained stainless steel...

That would be fine too. I just want some shiny metal. lol

After watching Aurich's 5 by 5 quote, I started watching this Aliens behind the scenes. It's funny seeing some of these actors like the one that played Rodriguez that are completely different from the character they played and then there's Apone who was a real Green Beret and sounds just as hilarious and over the top as his character.

#3641 8 years ago

I believe the EAG show in London starts at 10am so there could be some art as early as 5am US East Coast time

#3642 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I believe the EAG show in London starts at 10am so there could be some art as early as 5am US East Coast time

With Andrew traveling I'll post the art. I get up early, but I'm on the West Coast, so give me a little time.

#3643 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

With Andrew traveling I'll post the art. I get up early, but I'm on the West Coast, so give me a little time.

8 am Eastern should be about right

#3644 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

just post it now then sleep in...

#3645 8 years ago

You guys crack me up!

#3646 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's really out of date now, is full of unapproved assets that were just in for testing purposes, and would give the wrong impression of the game. Wouldn't be a good idea to post it, sorry.

cool, thanks...and damn you guys....been waiting to see that thing for a year!

#3647 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

We have had this discussion
-Jeff

come an' get it !!!!

#3648 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You better post this at 3:30am our time then! Otherwise I won't be able to see it until around 5pm. Some of us don't have access to pinside at work!

#3650 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I ordered direct from the website. Either way it's shipping from the states for me. Cointaker pricing may fluctuate, but direct you are getting the benefit that the price now will be locked in. Other than that, it's all the same.

Nitro is the Canadian distributor for Heighway. Not only is the price same, but we include shipping, 1 year warranty & tech support to customers nationwide. Ordering direct provides no additional benefit + you pay for shipping. I should also note, based on our discussions with Cointaker in the USA their pricing does not fluctuate either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.