pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 601.
#3451 8 years ago

Also, keep in mind that everything that is on the LE will be available to non-le users, should they choose to add those options (can't remember exactly what they all were off the top of my head).

#3452 8 years ago
Quoted from Kylo_Ren:

How many of you guys have deposits down? Think the LE will sell out once art is revealed? Trying to decide on this pin.

I'm in.

Surprised someone hasn't started one of those lists yet..

#3453 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I'm in.
Surprised someone hasn't started one of those lists yet..

One will start soon I'm sure.

#3454 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Also, keep in mind that everything that is on the LE will be available to non-le users, should they choose to add those options (can't remember exactly what they all were off the top of my head).

I just would like to know how much the add-on options are going to be. Also to note is that the prices have been creeping up on both models. Last April the Standard was 6150 now 6300 and the LE was 7850 no 8050. I'm guessing this is Heighway adjusting for inflation.

#3455 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah, you're right on that. My wife paints and she has always had trouble with getting to that sweet spot where she wants to make it perfect, but its only gets worse as she continues to make changes. Its an art in itself to know when its good enough or as good as its going to get.

Music is much the same. ..I'm my worst critic so i hear every fault...but when writing lyrics and composing music often things get added and then more and more until it's not what you heard in your head anymore. Ends up you take out the extras and boom. .there's what you wanted from the start

#3456 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just would like to know how much the add-on options are going to be. Also to note is that the prices have been creeping up on both models. Last April the Standard was 6150 now 6300 and the LE was 7850 no 8050. I'm guessing this is Heighway adjusting for inflation.

I believe it was said last year, when this came up the first time, that the individual components (save for powdercoating/painting), would add up to the same cost that they have to get an LE. I don't have the time to dig through 70 pages to find that, but I distinctly remember that (or something to that effect) being mentioned.

#3457 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I had complete freedom would I have done it differently? Sure, why not.

Ok then...Why?

#3458 8 years ago

I'm guessing the license probably didn't include the Ripley underwear scene. ☹

#3459 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Does that make you feel like you could have pushed the envelope a little bit more?

lol, yeah, the thought occurred to me. "What else could I have gotten away with?"

I'm going to take that attitude into the LE art. I've been purposefully waiting to even start thinking about it until after the playfield was done.

That's down the road a little though, up next is playfield plastics. The playfield art was just so key to a lot of other things, it's great to have the road opening up in front of us again.

Quoted from jwo825:

I'll just about guarantee that even if Aurich was given 100% free reign, after release, he would see several things he'd change if he could do it again.

lol, so true. I'm rarely "done" with anything, I just reach the point where I have to let it go. If you give me months I will tinker with it for months. My wife tells me no one will ever notice the shit I'm doing, but I do, and it makes me happy to muck about getting the details right.

#3460 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Anyone else find this disturbing? This was compiled from this one page alone, imagine if someone compiled every single one from this thread and all other threads...It would be enough to compose a multi page thread itself.

somebody is in love, what a whore for attention!! i am telling you i met kenada in person and he is doesnt act like this. smh
i am very excited for this reveal next week
i am in on le myself.
only one left? wow.

#3461 8 years ago

Why what? I'm not following your question, can you restate it more clearly?

#3462 8 years ago

What will Heighway Pinball have at EAG next Tue-Thurs?

#3463 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I'm guessing the license probably didn't include the Ripley underwear scene. ☹

Kaneda is going to re enact that on his Alien podcast. Along with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles underoos

#3464 8 years ago

Looking forward to the reveal Aurich!

Side note, fing thread becomes like swiss cheese once you put a person on ignore. i have never used it till recently and have found it to be a pretty slick feature and has streamlined much of my reading on pinside. just wish more would do it and then the noise ratio may drop over time.

#3465 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

What will Heighway Pinball have at EAG next Tue-Thurs?

Hopefully something exciting!

Queenypie_(resized).jpgQueenypie_(resized).jpg

#3466 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why what? I'm not following your question, can you restate it more clearly?

What are some of the things you would have done differently if given complete freedom and why?

#3467 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why don't you just paypal Aurich the $550? Even though he has you on ignore I'm sure he'd appreciate the gesture.

Uh. I really have no idea what's going on here, but I don't want or need anyone's money. Unless you're buying a mod from me please don't paypal me anything.

Speaking of which, at some point I'll have to think about Alien mods I guess. Even though I'm doing the game there's always something more to play with.

#3468 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol, so true. I'm rarely "done" with anything, I just reach the point where I have to let it go. If you give me months I will tinker with it for months. My wife tells me no one will ever notice the shit I'm doing, but I do, and it makes me happy to muck about getting the details right.

I know exactly how you feel and I just do it as a hobby, I don't get paid for it or have to put my stuff out for public critique.

#3469 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kaneda is going to re enact that on his Alien podcast. Along with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles underoos

I only thumbed you down because of the mental picture.

#3470 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

What are some of the things you would have done differently if given complete freedom and why?

Oh. Well if I had complete freedom I wouldn't have used any of their assets at all, and would have tried for 100% original work. Just on principle, just for the challenge and the satisfaction. I really don't know that it would have been better per se, just different. And maybe not by a lot, I have no idea, I took it down a certain path, and I think it works. Who knows, another approach might have come out worse!

As I've said before, with a license you're in someone else's sandbox. Sometimes limitations can be helpful though, being wide open is daunting. But sure, if I had the choice I'd take complete freedom. Since they approved what I did how can I complain though?

Instead I'm going to try and channel that energy into the LE art package, so I'm happy.

I'm working with a great team, talking with them in a Slack chat channel right now while I'm typing this, multitasking. We're talking about synching up lighting effects and sounds and video right now, both in terms of technical solutions but also for the atmosphere and artistic impact. We're going to really use the RGB lighting to good effect I think, and the playfield takes that into account, it's definitely on the darker side on purpose for that reason. I'm really excited to explore that area.

#3471 8 years ago

I'm thinking the LE backglass should be something g along these lines. Aliens, Ripley in her underwear, Jonsey somewhere in there

ironmad2_(resized).jpgironmad2_(resized).jpg

#3472 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh. I really have no idea what's going on here, but I don't want or need anyone's money. Unless you're buying a mod from me please don't paypal me anything.
Speaking of which, at some point I'll have to think about Alien mods I guess. Even though I'm doing the game there's always something more to play with.

Hehehe. It's a good thing you live on the West coast. A LONG way from Krapneda, that's all you need to know.

#3473 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I would...but only if he orders a SMVE! I just find it funny that people would want to ignore others on this forum. ICE, you hear every word I say and is it really something you have to run and hide from?

What if I order it? Do I get $500? Aurich can come over and play it !

#3474 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I believe it was said last year, when this came up the first time, that the individual components (save for powdercoating/painting), would add up to the same cost that they have to get an LE. I don't have the time to dig through 70 pages to find that, but I distinctly remember that (or something to that effect) being mentioned.

I must have missed that announcement, but that's good to know. So its not going to be a Stern type of model where the higher cost LE gains you a different art package and trim, with the lower cost premium having all the same game play components. It sounds more like the PPS model where they cost the same and the LE gets some extra blings. I may have to change to an LE then, since the standard is zero gain in savings and simply serves to fill the demand once the LEs are gone. Its a bit more than I am comfortable on spending on a game though.

#3475 8 years ago

The LE has its own art package that will not be available for standard owners

-Jeff

#3476 8 years ago
Quoted from Kylo_Ren:

How many of you guys have deposits down? Think the LE will sell out once art is revealed? Trying to decide on this pin.

Deposit in 6 months ago!
It will sell out fast!

#3477 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Hopefully something exciting!

Queenypie_(resized).jpg

Nice. If I was Andy at EAG, I'd do something like this

Aliens is way more interesting than Full Throttle.

#3478 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Deposit in 6 months ago!
It will sell out fast!

Andy's next show is in 4 days in London at EAG. Alien should be a big part of this, though I hear on the grapevine that only Full Throttle will be there...

I hope not, and I'm gonna be there to find out

http://www.eagexpo.com

#3479 8 years ago

I'm really excited to see some artwork for this. I'd even like to see some of what "could have been" if you had free reign but I'm guessing a bit of that will end up in the LE art package.

#3480 8 years ago

I've been in for an LE since the start...in hindsight I should've paid in full rather than the minimum deposit
If the Canadian dollar keeps plummeting, I might have to sell something I'd rather keep. Still, if there was a must have theme...this is the one.
(until Bladerunner of course)

#3481 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Deposit in 6 months ago!
It will sell out fast!

Deposit in over a year ago

Because I wanted to support Heighway and I love the Alien theme.

This is a typical stupid statement

#3482 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Deposit in over a year ago
Because I wanted to support Heighway and I love the Alien theme.
This is a typical stupid statement

It's only $money$ Ice I'll make more tomorrow.

#3483 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It's only $money$ Ice I'll make more tomorrow.

I like it! Great attitude.

And I'm with you but I doubt it "sells out fast"

#3484 8 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I'm really excited to see some artwork for this. I'd even like to see some of what "could have been" if you had free reign but I'm guessing a bit of that will end up in the LE art package.

I truly and honestly don't know what I would have done. By the time I did the playfield work it was pretty clear what I was able to work with, and so I just concentrated on that. There are no secret sketches of amazing things.

Honestly there's no saying that I would have done something better given all the choices in the world, I'm not excusing anything. Just trying to explain the process, because people might find it enlightening.

#3485 8 years ago

I thought there was a update....until I saw it was just more of Kaneda putting his foot in his mouth.

#3486 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from iceman44:

Hehehe. It's a good thing you live on the West coast. A LONG way from Krapneda, that's all you need to know.

Be nice Ice...that's not being nice. Just got back from Modern. Good times. Really enjoyed GOT. TWD was fun, but man the drain out of the pots is sooooo annoying.

#3487 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only time will tell.

#3488 8 years ago

Can someone ask Aurich this question. If he had the whole playfield to do, would he also create the art himself or hire a freelance artist to work with him. It's a fair question. He's a designer, not an artist per se.

#3489 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haven't pre-ordered yet. Thinking I should. How many LE's are there going to be?

#3490 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Be nice Ice...that's not being nice. Just got back from Modern. Good times. Really enjoyed GOT. TWD was fun, but man the drain out of the pots is sooooo annoying.

You have to nudge with your right hand at the last second coming out of the pops & you can save it 90% of the time. I really miss my TWD LE! It's a damn good time sniping walkers!

#3491 8 years ago

Is it possible to have some sort of "preorder" update site? I have emailed Heighway Pinball with questions about progress and have received no reply (? if shunted to junk email)? I received prompt replies when I had inquiries about possibly purchasing the pinball.

I think it would seem reasonable for those who have made a financial commitment to this project to have a mechanism of being updated without our having to hope a thread in an unrelated site is the "official" source.

Andrew: those who have preordered deserve a source other than Pinside to know what the #$% is going on. Please work on it, Neither you or Oti are responding to emails.

#3492 8 years ago
Quoted from Kylo_Ren:

Haven't pre-ordered yet. Thinking I should. How many LE's are there going to be?

That would be 500.....have no idea how many are left

#3493 8 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Is it possible to have some sort of "preorder" update site? I have emailed Heighway Pinball with questions about progress and have received no reply (? if shunted to junk email)? I received prompt replies when I had inquiries about possibly purchasing the pinball.
I think it would seem reasonable for those who have made a financial commitment to this project to have a mechanism of being updated without our having to hope a thread in an unrelated site is the "official" source.
Andrew: those who have preordered deserve a source other than Pinside to know what the #$% is going on. Please work on it, Neither you or Oti are responding to emails.

Andrew and company...

Learn and adapt Charlie Emery's communication ethic. (Spooky pinball).

You're never too busy to answer questions.

#3494 8 years ago
Quoted from Kylo_Ren:

500 and unlimited of the rest

We just got an update that is coming next week.

I love what I have seen so far and I'm sure Aurich is gonna kill the artwork.

This is pinball so get used to over promising and under delivering

#3495 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Only time will tell.

Will see what time tells everyone after TPF.....

#3496 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

500 and unlimited of the rest
We just got an update that is coming next week.
I love what I have seen so far and I'm sure Aurich is gonna kill the artwork.
This is pinball so get used to over promising and under delivering

Did you receive an update other than what is in this thread?

#3497 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Andrew and company...
Learn and adapt Charlie Emery's communication ethic. (Spooky pinball).
You're never too busy to answer questions.

I would never call or email to be a pain in the ass like a lot of the "whiny little bitches". Getting in front of it all to the masses makes sense to me but maybe individual email/calls are more efficient. Doubtful

Spooky, JJP, Heighway or whomever. What they do says it all.

#3498 8 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Did you receive an update other than what is in this thread?

??? Did you understand the update? Pf reveal coming next week sometime.

#3499 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

??? Did you understand the update? Pf reveal coming next week sometime.

I comprehend well. Do you?

I received no update. The only reason I know anything is by clicking on a website unrelated to Heighway Pinball. Again: did you (or others) receive an update about Alien pinball independent of this site?

#3500 8 years ago
Quoted from bane:

I comprehend well. Do you?
I received no update. The only reason I know anything is by clicking on a website unrelated to Heighway Pinball. Again: did you (or others) receive an update about Alien pinball independent of this site?

No. This is it. Only update. As far as I know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.