zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 601.
#302 9 years ago

ah... #13... good choice. Now I need to figure out a number that has something to do with the movie(s)...

#303 9 years ago

I'm #44, the Iceman, George Gervin, don't expect too many pinheads to understand that!

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm #44, the Iceman, George Gervin, don't expect too many pinheads to understand that!

This Maverick fan does.

Marcus

#305 9 years ago

#117 for the Halo fans in the audience.

#306 9 years ago

I'm in #110. Oh man I haven't even seen this pin but will it ever look nice beside my Predator.

#307 9 years ago

Hi #057 here

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Finger roll!

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Totally understand. I'm actually more of a sports fan than pinball fan. Gasp!!

#310 9 years ago

Can someone confirm the differences between the standard and LE? I've seen the website and assumed that was correct, but someone posted an image of an LE shot map with a bunch of additional playfield features unique to the LE that were not listed in the website comparison chart. Nobody even commented on the LE shot map so I'm wondering if it is even real.

I'm debating on LE or standard. If the website is correct, then really only the beacons and ramp lights matter (can do without the green powder, especially if I plan to swap in other games that won't look right with the green). Sounds like the beacons and ramp lights will be available as upgrade mods, so if these are the only differences and the playfields are the same, there isn't a lot of urgency for me to get an LE.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If the website is correct, then really only the beacons and ramp lights matter (can do without the green powder, especially if I plan to swap in other games that won't look right with the green). Sounds like the beacons and ramp lights will be available as upgrade mods, so if these are the only differences and the playfields are the same, there isn't a lot of urgency for me to get an LE.

This is the case.

#312 9 years ago

Helps clarify my position too. If the only thing we would miss out on by not getting the LE is the green cabinet then I think I'll skip it, as while I love the idea of the Alien green cab, swapping the FT playfield (or others) into it probably won't look so good.

#313 9 years ago

Don't think anyone has posted this yet?
(From Pinball News website)

77.jpg77.jpg
#314 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can someone confirm the differences between the standard and LE? I've seen the website and assumed that was correct, but someone posted an image of an LE shot map with a bunch of additional playfield features unique to the LE that were not listed in the website comparison chart. Nobody even commented on the LE shot map so I'm wondering if it is even real.
I'm debating on LE or standard. If the website is correct, then really only the beacons and ramp lights matter (can do without the green powder, especially if I plan to swap in other games that won't look right with the green). Sounds like the beacons and ramp lights will be available as upgrade mods, so if these are the only differences and the playfields are the same, there isn't a lot of urgency for me to get an LE.

Shaker motor, different back glass, goodie bag.

#315 9 years ago

FYI - I've emailed three people there with no response yet to pick my number. Maybe they are all super busy making games?

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

FYI - I've emailed three people there with no response yet to pick my number. Maybe they are all super busy making games?

I emailed Andrew Heighway and the @info address. He responded to both within 48 hours. I think it was about a day and a half. They've been really good about communication, so I'm sure you'll be receiving confirmation soon. It does feel like a long time when you're waiting though.

edit- I should add that my emails were about a week ago.

#317 9 years ago

Ok. I'm hoping to hear back soon. Thx

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is the case.

Any idea what that other "LE shotmap" was then?

The other argument against getting LE is that (I think) standards can only swap with standards and LEs only with LEs. This would mean if you start LE, you can only buy the LE playfield for every game you want to swap. So, if I "love" Alien and want an LE, but only "like" Full Throttle and prefer a standard, I'd still need to upgrade to the LE.

But beyond the money, I wonder how they're handling the limited production when it comes to just playfields. Are they only doing 500 Alien LE playfields, or are they just capping the cabinets at 500 and will produce unlimited playfields to swap? If the playfields themselves are limited, then you could get completely closed out of certain games unless you're an early adopter.

#319 9 years ago

#9 here . #13 was my second choice!

I rang in when no response to email, was told that numbers were being dealt with in order of deposits being paid, email confirmation of number took 2 days.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

Shaker motor, different back glass, goodie bag.

I think the side art is different as well.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The other argument against getting LE is that (I think) standards can only swap with standards and LEs only with LEs. This would mean if you start LE, you can only buy the LE playfield for every game you want to swap. So, if I "love" Alien and want an LE, but only "like" Full Throttle and prefer a standard, I'd still need to upgrade to the LE.

That's not my understanding. I thought other than lighted ramps there would be no difference between LE and Standard playfields, both would fit in any cabinet.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I think the side art is different as well.

cool... I can wait another day.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm not sure what you are referring to, can you link to it?

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It was a joke. Look at it more closely and you'll see that someone was making stuff up.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Exactly my understanding as well, and another reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the LE.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

But beyond the money, I wonder how they're handling the limited production when it comes to just playfields. Are they only doing 500 Alien LE playfields, or are they just capping the cabinets at 500 and will produce unlimited playfields to swap? If the playfields themselves are limited, then you could get completely closed out of certain games unless you're an early adopter.

This is apparently incorrect. You can swap LE playfields into standard cabinets, and vice versa.

But I don't want to be blamed if it is not true...

So, I'll make Andrew Heighway make the claim. He starts answering questions about swapping play fields at about the 50:00 mark. And he specifically talks about LE playfields and standard playfields into either cabinet at about 51:45.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54114446

I believe the point is that all cabinet and playfield dimensions, and connections are exactly the same. The only difference with LE and standard playfields is bling (which is claimed that it also could be purchased separately and added to a standard playfield later). The only difference between LE and standard cabinets is paint, powdercoating and translights.

And to the question about the "other" LE specific shotmap (post #91 in this thread)? I think you should re-read that post carefully, and pay close attention to the very last line (I think it was a joke).

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This would be my understanding, as well, with possible #'d plaque identifying LE, etc. I personally wanted the LE as the "full effect" (green cab, beacons, lit ramps, etc.). Swapping games via playfield/ sideart is appealing, but I have virtually no interest in Full Throttle (theme based only), so I just want the best Alien I can get my hands on.......

#328 9 years ago

btw...the "LE" shot map was obviously a joke....

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I just want the best Alien I can get my hands on.......

I believe this is why the LEs exist. For the hardcore owners who want the best for that particular game.

I ordered Full Throttle knowing it was my starter game, so there was no need to lock in to an LE with it.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shows how closely I looked at it then...

Thanks for the clarifications.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I believe this is why the LEs exist. For the hardcore owners who want the best for that particular game.
I ordered Full Throttle knowing it was my starter game, so there was no need to lock in to an LE with it.

Exactly.....I know Predator is an ultimate theme for some out there, but for me, there hasn't been anything like Alien....the time period in my life, the impact that flick had from a Sci-Fi/ Horror standpoint...for me, it's game over!!! I have no desire (now) to swap anything about it...this license w this designer screams win/ win,...come on man ALIEN LE !!!!.... hoping it's half as good as I think it will be.....mark

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not to me

#333 9 years ago

Just a reminder to everyone preordering to send in the preorder form and also you can get the LE version with standard metal for the legs and trim. That's what I did . Once the form was sent I got a very quick response from Andrew!

PinBalt (057)

#334 9 years ago

Still no email back for me from anyone there. I've paid my deposit and emailed Andrew, info, and sales.

#335 9 years ago

I hope they payed some attention to the smaug reveal....

Make the alien as awesome as you can.

#336 9 years ago

or reveal early & often

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

Still no email back for me from anyone there. I've paid my deposit and emailed Andrew, info, and sales.

Looks like you ordered about a day and 1\2 ago...wouldn't sweat it.....you can also PM him here on Pinside ...he has returned EVERY one of my emails within a couple days or so......

#338 9 years ago

Glowing Alien side panels on a black cabinet....custom and standard for LE.....I am trying to figure out where I'm going to put it so I can easy see it from all angles....looks like I've got some Gameroom reorganizing ahead....fortunately, there is time.....

#339 9 years ago

"Easily"

#340 9 years ago

He contacted me tonight. Looks like they were making some moves. All good and I'm working on my LE number now!

Thanks all.

BSL

#341 9 years ago

Whatever ! Make my FT !! : )

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

He contacted me tonight. Looks like they were making some moves. All good and I'm working on my LE number now!
Thanks all.
BSL

Glad to hear it Brent.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Whatever ! Make my FT !! : )

Heighway is making Fish Tales?

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Glad to hear it Brent.

Quoted from Brentslane:

Thanks all.
BSL

As I suspected...all signs look good.. ( from my limited take)...these guys seem like they have their act together.....

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Heighway is making Fish Tales?

He can have FT...I want first Alien LE ...or at least first batch or so.....

#346 9 years ago

You guys are some crazy mother-fers and I salute you. I'm in on TBL, and I thought I'd never pre-order a game (let alone pay that much for a damn pin), but at least I've played it and seen it and chilled with Dutch Pinball. Alien sounds absolutely bad ass, I love the theme to death, but you haven't even seen the art yet and you're pre-ordering?!

Looking forward to the reveal, and I love me some Dennis Nordman, but I gotta see the art before I even think about it.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys are some crazy mother-fers and I salute you. I'm in on TBL, and I thought I'd never pre-order a game (let alone pay that much for a damn pin), but at least I've played it and seen it and chilled with Dutch Pinball. Alien sounds absolutely bad ass, I love the theme to death, but you haven't even seen the art yet and you're pre-ordering?!
Looking forward to the reveal, and I love me some Dennis Nordman, but I gotta see the art before I even think about it.

Suspect you're right, and without great art and toys it could be a bust......I've never preordered anything ( much less a pin), but Alien is simply the only title that really, really does it for me. I just can't imagine it being anything less than a drool machine, so had to do it.....the deposit is fully refundable until game is made, company appears legit, and they are only making 500 LE's, which makes it "real" for me. Think once this thing is revealed, I'll never get my hands on one...being they're made in the UK.

Who knows, but by next April, I will have spent that much on fast food...so had to jump....hope the art comes close to some of the stuff I've seen you knock out of the park....mark

#348 9 years ago

#223 here. Prometheus planet

That makes at least 2 LE machined in Austin proper and one in Boerne!!

-Jeff

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys are some crazy mother-fers and I salute you. I'm in on TBL,

To each their own as they say. I'm not in on Alien (yet) but I'm considering it. I went to expo with several pre-orders already in-hand, but with no intentions of getting anything else. I played TBL and recognize it was the sexiest game at expo, but it didn't intrigue me to want one what-so-ever. I previously had no interest in WOOLY, but jumped on one after only 2 games, it was that good.

I didn't have a good experience with Full Throttle (air balls, etc) and thus transferred those concerns to Alien. Love the sci fi theme, but questioned the quality. However, the Heighway guys assuaged my concerns with their candid response and I'm seriously considering Alien at this point.

I've almost maxed out the space for my collection. I have a pretty decent amount of games, but am nearing the point where I need to sell to buy. As such, the swap-able concept is appealing, especially with a killer theme and designer.

Historically I've never been a NIB guy, despite my recent flurry of pre-orders. That said, I'm way closer to (pre)ordering Alien than I am TBL. Mostly has to do with theme I guess.

#350 9 years ago

Btw...staying up late watching zombie flicks...seems the right thing to do on Halloween ...just watched resident evil again...shit!!!.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.