• 26,953 posts
  • 1,035 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,394 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4BC6A8AC-05EA-4DC8-AF58-5301504336D4 (resized).jpeg
7ECA8D14-E8C1-4BBE-B5D7-819A8A9CB6FD (resized).jpeg
CF3024B0-5E1C-46D5-91CB-E7AC61A7E8CE (resized).jpeg
5E980883-925F-431F-A571-5F76F1539478 (resized).jpeg
6D23FF27-3B1E-4352-8EFE-9FF7738910AF (resized).jpeg
Antipop (resized).JPG
williams green translucent 3-D retangular target (resized).jpg
4537E60F-3D5F-48CD-9BE7-A6EB7DF7383A (resized).jpeg
D9F5F7A4-37FA-4E2F-B6BB-FD1505360064 (resized).jpeg
A2EABD8D-36DE-4AAE-A4FF-5257E2B976BC (resized).jpeg
7BE9F0B7-35C7-4D8E-91A6-9164B6977372 (resized).jpeg
1E17AC65-D6CC-4201-B5AB-ED282590B60F (resized).jpeg
1B40711B-202A-4B25-A33E-337FDC9783AD (resized).jpeg
e730c549cc0b5dffff36a17eccee1f98f54dc63d (resized).jpg
E248DB75-D77E-4476-9982-2FB21CA7521B (resized).jpeg
487E0347-F490-47F7-9F15-35D2A4B717A9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 26953 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 540.
#3351 4 years ago

It seems like Aliens is a pin many people love and will never swap in/out of the cabinet. With that in mind, it would be great if Heighway offered a permanent cab option so that the side cabinet art looked better than the swappable inserts. There's just something about how the insert art and the lines of cabinet not being parallel that just looks off. It also limits the art to just the insert section. Feels more like an arcade game marquee approach vs a pinball cabinet approach.

#3352 4 years ago

Have original voice actors been confirmed for the audio callouts, or is this still up in the air?

#3353 4 years ago

For the LE I was under the impression you get both sets of art . Standard and LE regardless of screen chosen.

Jeff

#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

For the LE I was under the impression you get both sets of art . Standard and LE regardless of screen chosen.

That is correct.

For me, I'm getting a standard with the large screen, I will be framing my translite and hanging it next to my Alien pin. Best of both worlds.

LE owners can frame both and I'm sure Aurich's LE art will be something to behold. Even better for those guys.

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It seems like Aliens is a pin many people love and will never swap in/out of the cabinet. With that in mind, it would be great if Heighway offered a permanent cab option so that the side cabinet art looked better than the swappable inserts. There's just something about how the insert art and the lines of cabinet not being parallel that just looks off. It also limits the art to just the insert section. Feels more like an arcade game marquee approach vs a pinball cabinet approach.

I am buying a ft kit with my alien le. idgaf about sideart, you don't see it anyway. 2 pin fun for the price of 1.5

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That is correct.
For me, I'm getting a standard with the large screen, I will be framing my translite and hanging it next to my Alien pin. Best of both worlds.
LE owners can frame both and I'm sure Aurich's LE art will be something to behold. Even better for those guys.

Damn it man! I think you just convinced me on the 27" LCD! Good idea.

#3357 4 years ago

Thanks for popping in Andrew! Always nice to see you've posted

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I actually like how they're doing the side art, particularly the lighting. Since at least one side will be visible in my place, I feel like I'll (hopefully) appreciate that its a bit different from the other machines.

#3359 4 years ago

When can I upgrade from the 10 inch back box display to the 27" for my LE?

#3360 4 years ago

For those interested, this offers really nothing of substance.

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

When can I upgrade from the 10 inch back box display to the 27" for my LE?

Whenever you like. Drop me an email and I'll get it sorted for you

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For those interested, this offers really nothing of substance.

Well it is a forum so if you have a question someone from Heighway answers the question. If you come here and post a question someone will most likely have already answered it (and will answer it again, and again...). Otherwise Andrew jumps in and responds. I don't see any other manufacturer with this kind of transparency or response.

#3363 4 years ago

Another update for everyone.

We have had no less than 27 submissions approved by FOX within the last 24 hours - including the playfield art.

This represents a huge step forwards for the game.

It *may* be possible to show you playfield art next week. We are pushing hard for this.

I will update you as soon as we have more news.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We have had no less than 27 submissions approved by FOX within the last 24 hours - including the playfield art.
It *may* be possible to show you playfield art next week. We are pushing hard for this.

Congrats! Looking good

#3365 4 years ago

Now THAT is wonderful news! Thanks for keeping us updated. I can't wait for any kind of reveal!

Thank you Andrew

#3366 4 years ago

Wow good job. That's sounds like a significant step forward

#3367 4 years ago

Another wow - amazing job Andrew!!! I think the playfield art is the thing everyone is aching to see what Aurich has come up with. Fingers crossed for next week!

Cheers, Kris

#3368 4 years ago

Fantastic news! A huge milestone for this project & Heighway Pinball! Congrats!
Get ready in the front office, cause orders for Alien are going to come flying in!

#3369 4 years ago

Congrats! Looking forward

#3370 4 years ago

Congrats Aurich and Andrew - this is great news!!!

#3371 4 years ago

Oh ship!! I hope the LE art isn't over the top amazing, I will be forced into it! I was very happy with the standard.

#3372 4 years ago

aurich here we come baby!

#3373 4 years ago

can't wait

#3374 4 years ago

Can't wait to see the art! I don't know if it's just luck of the draw when I drop in on these threads, but there always seems to be some good news on the Heighway ones when I do Still very proud to have a manufacturer in the UK at long last.

#3375 4 years ago

Great news Andrew congrats. what percentage is 27 approvals for outright completion from Fox for this tittle? Nice way to start the new year!

#3377 4 years ago

Congrats to you, Andrew. Can't wait to see the announcement that this thing is starting production.

Aurich, can't wait to see what you've cooked up.

#3378 4 years ago

I hope the pop up paul reiser head got approved...can't wait to bash him.

#3379 4 years ago

Sounds like you overcame a big hurdle. Congrats. I know you must be even more excited than we all are about this and that saying a lot.

#3380 4 years ago

Ok - just confirmed ...

We WILL be showing you the playfield art next week

#3381 4 years ago

Tee hee

Giddy with happiness!

We need a T-Minus Alien count down timer for the Big Reveal so the LE fence sitters don't have heart attacks!

#3382 4 years ago

Andrew, congratz! I will be buying the Alien LE for sure!

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Well it is a forum so if you have a question someone from Heighway answers the question. If you come here and post a question someone will most likely have already answered it (and will answer it again, and again...). Otherwise Andrew jumps in and responds. I don't see any other manufacturer with this kind of transparency or response.

Actually I do. Spooky is far and away the best at communication and customer involvement right now. And it ain't even close.

The programmer and board engineer are now discussing options and updates with the RZ buyers, on Pinside.

Since Andrew is the one who started this thread, this is where I expect to go to get information and updates. I shouldn't have to "ask questions". Get it?

That said, thanks for showing up with a great update Andrew!

#3384 4 years ago

It would be awesome to get a peek at some of the playfield. I don't like preorders well in advance of production but I do think releasing some of the development builds interest. Pins are expensive so if anyone is going to buy a nib pin, it will probably be only one in a long span of time. Showing the game early might mean that you will prevent someone from buying a pin in the short term in order to save/wait for Alien.

#3385 4 years ago

I love the communication of Spooky but you have to remember that this is not a small family company that almost only plan to sell games to pinside members in small quantities.

If you compare Andrew to Gary Stern, Jersey Jack or Dutch pinball, I think it is pretty clear who comes forward as the most pinside friendly of those. You can't expect him to drop in here every day to answer all the questions. The guy has a few pinballs to make, also. And running a new large company is no easy task.

When there is important news to tell, he is fast to let us know. He also frequently drops in, answering other questions.

He is always forthcoming and fast to answer e-mails (even though he could easily have delegated that task to other theme members)

He has also listened to requests from pinside members who have suggested new options or add-on features to the system.

What more do you want?

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

What more do you want?

A regular progress update. That's it. I'm NOT asking questions.

It's for their benefit as well. Keeping us talking about it. We are interested to know what's going on not just with Alien but Heighway pinball. Sort of like Spooky taking pics of their new building they are constructing. Promotion?

I don't think taking 15 minutes every two weeks is too much to ask.

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It would be awesome to get a peek at some of the playfield. I don't like preorders well in advance of production but I do think releasing some of the development builds interest. Pins are expensive so if anyone is going to buy a nib pin, it will probably be only one in a long span of time. Showing the game early might mean that you will prevent someone from buying a pin in the short term in order to save/wait for Alien.

If someone can't wait less than a week to get a pin before seeing the Alien PF artwork, they were going to buy a pin anyways.

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A regular progress update.

they are in this thread...the last update before this one being we can not show anything to you until fox says OK but we have submitted a ton of shit to them. How can you update when you aren't allowed to show anything?

Let's not have a whiny new year people....you just got the BIG news that you can see the art for crying out loud!!!!

#3389 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A regular progress update. That's it. I'm NOT asking questions.
It's for their benefit as well. Keeping us talking about it. We are interested to know what's going on not just with Alien but Heighway pinball. Sort of like Spooky taking pics of their new building they are constructing. Promotion?
I don't think taking 15 minutes every two weeks is too much to ask.

Yes, you are asking too much. That would be the last thing i would do if I ran the company. Remember when Heighway moved?....scroll through the thread and you will find many pictures of the moving process as well as pictures of new machinery and many others. There have been plenty of updates and Andrew has been nothing but informative and transparent from the start. Spooky and Heighway are different companies, great companies, but thats where the comparison ends. Are you sure you didn't mean to post on the JJP thread?

Thanks Andrew, Can't wait for the reveal!

#3390 4 years ago

I've had a far better communication experience with Heighway than I have had with Spooky. I'm in on both RZ and Alien.

#3391 4 years ago

Ok - just confirmed ...

(
(NSFW)

"

"

If you wish to watch this youtube, please copy and paste link to your browser adding www. – Mod team.

For the awesomeness of this announcement, Heighway is now an approved over the top, Uber American company!
...and if the reveal is as awesome as the announcement, they can choose whether or not they wish to remain so

#3392 4 years ago

Ok - just confirmed ...

I have seen the playfield art on a telephone screen and it looked gorgeous. It must be off this planet in full HD on a full size LCD screen.

Ehh Andrew, next week is Monday?

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Yes, you are asking too much. That would be the last thing i would do if I ran the company.

You obviously don't run a company and it's NOT asking too much.

Whatever, do whatever TF they want. It's a simple request from somebody that has paid in since 2013 after Expo.

And for that matter you can go back and look at my praise for Andrew and Heighway over the last 2 years.

I'm not going to apologize for not being a total 100% ass kisser! But since my post requesting it, it looks like we have an EXCITING update.

#3394 4 years ago

Excited as well. Can't wait to see what I am in for.

#3395 4 years ago

Ok - just confirmed ...

That's great timing with the EAG International Show in London from 12-14th*.

*which Heighway are attending.

Quoted from PinballRulez:

Ehh Andrew, next week is Monday?

Doubt they'll reveal on Monday. Show starts on Tuesday.

#3396 4 years ago

sure? i sent an email the last day 2 of January, im still waiting a response, im not in a hurry, but, if im thinking to buy a pinball, its very very much money, and, i want a good service.

Now, i have doubts about it.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from nonik:

sure? i sent an email the last day 2 of January, im still waiting a response, im not in a hurry, but, if im thinking to buy a pinball, its very very much money, and, i want a good service.
Now, i have doubts about it.

Just call them. Email is not the best communication channel if you want fast answers.

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Even if it's to say he's alive

He's alive...

#3399 4 years ago

Thank god, I thought he might have bit the dust the last several months!

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thank god, I thought he might have bit the dust the last several months!

Not to sound ominous, but iv'e always wondered about the succession plan of these pinball companies...hopefully a woman takes over one someday so I can get "my little pony" MLPLE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
14,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
There are 26953 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 540.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside