• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 494.
#3301 3 years ago

I am waiting to see Aurich's art myself to decide if I even want a screen.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably a good idea to check out how it looks before committing...

Would love to, anytime Heighway wants to show something. If no serious showings by spring I'm out. Already a year+ late, I can understand folks frustration. Enthusiasm wains with time.

#3303 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Would love to, anytime Heighway wants to show something. If no serious showings by spring I'm out. Already a year+ late, I can understand folks frustration. Enthusiasm wains with time.

Agreed and understand.....I'm confident for TPF reveal.....

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yep, I hate to say it but I'm already starting to lose that enthusiasm, say what you will with regards to Stern but I like hearing about a pin then within weeks seeing pics and within months owning the thing or at least seeing full gameplay videos, need something soon.

#3305 3 years ago

Current situation: Early reveal. Interested buyers lose interest and either spend their money on something else, losing Heighway a sale, or their money sits there until the reveal and they get excited again and buy anyway. Unless they screw up the same, early interest will be renewed when awesome game is revealed.

Hypothetical situation: No reveal yet because they take the Stern approach and wait until complete before announcing. All potential buyers looking for a new game spend elsewhere because they don't know Alien exists. See fewer Full Throttle sales because nobody knows of compelling future game to buy into interchangeable platform.

Despite the drawbacks of the early reveal, it has better upsides for them at this time than the Stern approach.

#3306 3 years ago

Showing a completed pin would be beyond my expectations and would be awesome. We will see what gets revealed.

#3307 3 years ago

Can so explain me n°6 of The description in page one with simple Words ( as english is not my langage)?
Can so comfirm me that D is a ramp?
Is there 2 or 3 ramps in this game?
Do we know at this point if The second lcd in option is only a mirror of the playfield one?
Thanks

#3308 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can so explain me n°6 of The description in page one with simple Words ( as english is not my langage)?
Can so comfirm me that D is a ramp?
Is there 2 or 3 ramps in this game?
Do we know at this point if The second lcd in option is only a mirror of the playfield one?
Thanks

As far as I have read the large backbox lcd is an option.

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, I hate to say it but I'm already starting to lose that enthusiasm, say what you will with regards to Stern but I like hearing about a pin then within weeks seeing pics and within months owning the thing or at least seeing full gameplay videos, need something soon.

If nothing revealed at TPF March 18th, may be an issue for Heighway. That's 3 months away, let's see what they can accomplish.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

As far as I have read the large backbox lcd is an option.

That is what i said, it is in option. Does it mean that this one Will only be a mirror of The playfield screen?
What about my others questions pls?
Thanks

#3311 3 years ago

That is what i said, it is in option. Does it mean that this one Will only be a mirror of The playfield screen?
What about my others questions pls?
Thanks

For Full Throttle the screen will only be mirrored.

For Alien the plan is to mirror. Might change with future updates or during development.

So for the time being mirrored is confirmed and any non mirrored features are a bonus.

P.s. the big screen looks gorgeous Already when only mirrored it adds a lot to the overall atmosphere, so it can only get better

#3312 3 years ago

They've stated that Fox won't let them reveal until completed at this point...so it is what it is. Sometime this year it will be done. Take your money out and then buy back in if you like what you see when you see it. Buying something without ever seeing a pic of it is usually ill-advised anyway. If it's not completed by March I don't see any more of a down side than it not being done now...TPF or not. If you want an Alien pinball machine where else are you going to get an Alien pinball machine?

#3313 3 years ago

Buy a Full Throttle now to sit through the wait for Alien

P.s. if the (unapproved) playfield art represents how the whole Alien package is going to look. Alien is going to be beyond gorgeous

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Yep, I couldn't agree more! From the videos I've seen Full Throttle looks like a blast & I can't wait to receive mine! As an added bonus I feel like I've invested in Heighways future including my Alien LE pre-order.
I've considered ordering the Bacardi game for these same reasons. 1) It looks fun 2) I'm investing a small amount of capital in a upstart company I believe in. I really believe that Heighway Pinball has the technology to compete against Stern & JJP. The second Alien is revealed, & if it looks & shoots half as good as it does in my mind, its going to send a shock wave through the Pinball industry!

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

The second Alien is revealed, & if it looks & shoots half as good as it does in my mind, its going to send a shock wave through the Pinball industry!

#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

P.s. if the (unapproved) playfield art represents how the whole Alien package is going to look. Alien is going to be beyond gorgeous

Sorry, really not a fan of full throttle theme.

Can you confirm Alien has 2 or 3 ramps from The initial description?
Can you tell me what means The point 6 of this description?
Thanks

#3317 3 years ago

What I know so far...

An alien pinball machine is being developed by a company that has invested a lot of money into it, and that company already designed a cool game and is shipping that game.

Alien art is being developed by a really great graphics designer that already has a reputation for making amazing pinball art packages. Fox is still chewing on the design.

We can preorder the alien machine, we have seen a playfield design, and it looks nice and interesting. We've been promised that it will not disappoint.

The LE package will be great, the regular package will have opportunity to add LE elements (I think this is great. Remember tron? The fiber ramps had to be redesigned by a hobbiest because stern made them completely unavailable for the pro, how many out there bought those fiber wires for their pro? How many are searching and begging for an LE?)

We have a great forum here that will allow us to read new info first hand.

We gripe about everything under the sun and put pressure on pinball makers to be excellent, and to show us all their cards "right the hell now" because we did or didn't put $1000 down

Making pinball is hard. But they're doing it with out 80 years of experience behind their company.

when they release art or a finished package, we've been told it will be amazing. It takes a lot of time to get things right.

#3318 3 years ago

Sorry, really not a fan of Full Throttle theme.
Can you confirm Alien has 2 or 3 ramps from The initial description?
Can you tell me what means The point 6 of this description?
Thanks

3 ramps I believe: C,D,H.
Points 6 simply means: you can backhand that return ramp "H" that feeds back to the right flipper.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

3 ramps I believe: C,D,H.
Points 6 simply means: you can backhand that return ramp "H" that feeds back to the right flipper.

What means " backhand"? ( sorry for my question)
or i don't understand what is The aim.

#3320 3 years ago

What means " backhand"? ( sorry for my question)
or i don't understand what is The aim.

Backhand is when you hit a shot on the left side of the playfield with the left flipper or on the right side with the right flipper. Typically done from a cradled position.

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Backhand is when you hit a shot on the left side of the playfield with the left flipper or on the right side with the right flipper. Typically done from a cradled position.

Thanks.
So For Alien it means that you can hit H with The right flipper to feed...right flipper? Sorry i did not understand something.

Édit: i think there is an interest to do this shot, completing inlane mode for exemple.

#3322 3 years ago

Thanks.
So For Alien it means that you can hit H with The right flipper to feed...right flipper? Sorry i did not understand something.

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Like on Sopranos or LOTR, same type of ramp.

#3323 3 years ago

Do you have a guess of what can be The lock?

#3324 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What I know so far...
An alien pinball machine is being developed by a company that has invested a lot of money into it, and that company already designed a cool game and is shipping that game.
Alien art is being developed by a really great graphics designer that already has a reputation for making amazing pinball art packages. Fox is still chewing on the design.
We can preorder the alien machine, we have seen a playfield design, and it looks nice and interesting. We've been promised that it will not disappoint.
The LE package will be great, the regular package will have opportunity to add LE elements (I think this is great. Remember tron? The fiber ramps had to be redesigned by a hobbiest because stern made them completely unavailable for the pro, how many out there bought those fiber wires for their pro? How many are searching and begging for an LE?)
We gripe about everything under the sun and put pressure on pinball makers to be excellent, and to show us all their cards "right the hell now" because we did or didn't put $1000 down
Making pinball is hard. But they're doing it with out 80 years of experience behind their company.
when they release art or a finished package, we've been told it will be amazing. It takes a lot of time to get things right.

EXACTLY!!!...Bottom line....Alien is my Grail theme. What I've seen, heard so far is outstanding, communication great.

I was a week one preorder for LE, and don't mind the wait, knowing they are really going to nail this.

Heighway is fully aware how important it is to make a "statement" machine, and lucky for us, most of them are Alien freaks.

TPF would be about a year ( 11 months) beyond initial stated drop date...this is far, far from unacceptable, given everything they've done improving on the product. I work on large construction projects that go years beyond scheduled completion dates...happens everywhere, all the time. This is not unique to pinball. Let it go and wait, or let it piss you off and whine. Neither will effect the timeline.

If it shows then...awesome..if not...I'm still not going anywhere...I want this machine...the wait will be worth it.

BTW- When screen clips are revealed, you're gonna want to project the damn thing on a wall, so the big screen is an absolute no brainier ( for me).

2016 will be year of Alien!!!....

#3325 3 years ago

Do you have a guess of what can be The lock?

Good read here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-rule-set

9ced2d13bd57cb6eea5e95931391a64d779b29b4_(resized).jpg

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What I know so far...

Great post Chosen-s

#3327 3 years ago

Yes that was a great post. What I'm looking forward to also are the sounds of the original first two Alien movies. I can't wait to be playing a pin with all the original atmosphere and original sounds and those beautiful beacons on top! Isn't there an award winning sound designer behind the audio that never gets acknowleged? Haven't heard boo about that since the original announcement.

Does all the sound have to be submitted to FOX and then get approval too?

Yikes!

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If it shows then...awesome..if not...I'm still not going anywhere...I want this machine...the wait will be worth it.

Ofcourse you're right, I'm not going anywhere either but due to my lack of patience its just a drag that they can't even show small bits here and there, a molded toy or playfield art, I know they can't but just that little tease would amuse me for months. Same thing happened with Predator in terms of frustration then the gameplay video was released and I was back in 100%, the good news is this will not end like that shitshow. How could you back out of this theme? not easy and me and Underlord will still be here even if its not revealed in a few months, the trouble is that its such an amzing theme for a pin I just need to see it, play it, Damn pinball.

#3329 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the audio callouts will use the original actor audio, or will it be alternate voice actors (ala Walking Dead)?

#3330 3 years ago

The wait is what it is. Some things you can't control like Fox. Others you can

Andrew should make an appearance every two weeks with some kind of an update.

Even if it's to say he's alive. Surely there are some progress details that can be released.

What's the downside of keeping people talking positively about your projects? I don't get it

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Even if it's to say he's alive. Surely there are some progress details that can be released.
What's the downside of keeping people talking positively about your projects? I don't get it

Tough crowd. Here you go.

http://heighwaypinball.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html?PHPSESSID=kc4g0dvjava07s5osvvktff1v5

#3332 3 years ago

Thanks for the link. Didn't know it existed, never got the memo

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ofcourse you're right, I'm not going anywhere either but due to my lack of patience its just a drag that they can't even show small bits here and there, a molded toy or playfield art, I know they can't but just that little tease would amuse me for months. Same thing happened with Predator in terms of frustration then the gameplay video was released and I was back in 100%, the good news is this will not end like that shitshow. How could you back out of this theme? not easy and me and Underlord will still be here even if its not revealed in a few months, the trouble is that its such an amzing theme for a pin I just need to see it, play it, Damn pinball.

Shut up man! You're playing my hand bro! Ever heard of bluffing????

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thank you Ice. This keeps the juices flowing for a project. Month of silence on any progress and folks start to fray at the edges; emotional purchase Andrew, Spooky has this down to a science.

Learn from Charlie Emery man.

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Shut up man! You're playing my hand bro! Ever heard of bluffing????

Damn Pinball again, I damn thee.

18001_10153235092788086_4056455109238693746_n_(resized).jpg

#3336 3 years ago

Maybe this sounds dumb but is there a package available where I get a blank or generic cabinet that I can fit Full Throttle, Alien and the following games in? I'd want the large lcd option as well.

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Maybe this sounds dumb but is there a package available where I get a blank or generic cabinet that I can fit Full Throttle, Alien and the following games in? I'd want the large lcd option as well.

The standard cabinet is "generic" that will fit all games.

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Side art and translite swap out with each playfield

#3339 3 years ago

Oh wow thanks

#3340 3 years ago

The glossy LE Cab will of course also fit all later standard and LE playfield addons, but if you are planning to have later playfields in the same cabinet, it might be wise to choose a conservative metal trim package, or just order a new trim package for later playfields.
Lots of options on the Heighway platform but they all makes perfect sense. (one of the big benefits to this system, if you ask me)

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The glossy LE Cab will of course also fit all later standard and LE playfield addons, but if you are planning to have later playfields in the same cabinet, it might be wise to choose a conservative metal trim package, or just order a new trim package for later playfields.
Lots of options on the Heighway platform but they all makes perfect sense. (one of the big benefits to this system, if you ask me)

I wish they had gone with a system where you could screw or attach new sidepanels to the entire side of the cabinet though .. rather than a little window, or at least given the option. Maybe it's something they can do in future. It'd make it look like a much more cohesive package imo. I guess they or potential customers felt compactness was better though.

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I wish they had gone with a system where you could screw or attach new sidepanels to the entire side of the cabinet though .. rather than a little window, or at least given the option. Maybe it's something they can do in future. It'd make it look like a much more cohesive package imo. I guess they or potential customers felt compactness was better though.

In principle, there is nothing stopping us doing this in the future.

The foil wrapped side panels are bolted onto the ply carcass as it is. In the future, if there is enough demand, then we could also sell/provide panels with no windows.

#3344 3 years ago

Apologies for being absent for a while.

In general, I am against the 'pre-order' model. However, back in October 2014, I decided to make an exception to this because the pinball landscape was very different then. Back then, for example, there were many new games planned for 2015, including Predator - and we felt that consumers would want to know about 'Alien Pinball' before making a choice.

Of course, many of these games, including Predator, will not come to fruition now. As Predator is also a FOX license, and our licensor has had their fingers burned with Predator, then FOX are taking a much more cautious approach and have asked us not to publicly reveal most aspects of the game until it is almost finished. This is as frustrating for us, as it is for all of our customers, because we want to show you our progress. But it would be irresponsible and cavalier of us to ignore our licensor's wishes.

So again we apologise for not being able to show you more publicly, at this stage, but please rest assured that we continue to make significant progress in all departments.

As for Dennis backing out solely because of unrealistic timeframes - this isn't entirely true. I will not talk about details of our parting but will state that I continue to hold the utmost respect for Dennis and he remains a friend of mine.

As for the backbox displays - for the time being these remain as mirroring the playfield screen - for now. At any point in the future, this is planned to change, and to offer unique programming between the 2 screens.

No backbox screen/10.1" screen/27" screen - it all comes down to personal choice. My own personal opinion is that the 27" screen brings a real 'wow factor' to the gameplay experience - and the majority of people who give me direct feedback, say the same after seeing and playing it.

To those that are worried about it being blank when switched off - then please remember that you could swap a full panel backglass (with full art) in only seconds when you switch off the game - instantly solving this problem.

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

To those that are worried about it being blank when switched off - then please remember that you could swap a full panel backglass (with full art) in only seconds when you switch off the game - instantly solving this problem.

Sweet!

#3346 3 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing more of this pin.
I am not part of the pre-order group, but I am hoping this will be my first NIB purchase.

Thanks for the update!

#3347 3 years ago

As for the backbox displays - for the time being these remain as mirroring the playfield screen - for now. At any point in the future, this is planned to change, and to offer unique programming between the 2 screens.

you mean Alien included?
thanks

#3348 3 years ago

Once my machines are set up, they are tightly packed in a row. Swapping out a backglass would mean sliding the machine right out to do so. Honestly, I know myself well enough to know that I wouldn't ever bother with that, and that's fine. I think a lot of you need to realize that there are limitations that go along with switching to one technology over another. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You want that nice lcd backbox display? Then get used to the fact that, just like your tv, when it's not on it's going to be blank. It's not a big deal.

That being said, kudos to Andrew for coming up with a solution for those of you who will never be happy.

#3349 3 years ago

In principle, there is nothing stopping us doing this in the future.
The foil wrapped side panels are bolted onto the ply carcass as it is. In the future, if there is enough demand, then we could also sell/provide panels with no windows.

Good to know, and thanks for the reply.

Is this something you'll consider for the Alien LE, or as an upgrade? If the artwork's good, I'm sure people would plump for it. Especially if there were something Geiger or Geiger-esque.

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is this something you'll consider for the Alien LE, or as an upgrade?

Seems like you should get the translite included even if you get the big LCD, actually especially if you pony up the extra $550 for the big LCD. I may be mistaken but I think you get the complete art package no matter what screen option...?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside