• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 494.
#3101 3 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

So has there been a recent shot map release? Wain't that supposed to happen? I can't find it but I'm like 300 posts behind.

You haven't missed much

#3102 3 years ago

When is this pin's release date? Have to imagine full throttle orders are not piling in.

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

When is this pin's release date? Have to imagine Full Throttle orders are not piling in.

Imagine what you want, and then go away.

#3104 3 years ago

I was at the factory last week, Full Throttle builds are in progress and talking with Andrew, he was very frustrated at how long the approvals process is taking - but as we all know, there is no option but to wait.

#3105 3 years ago

It is crap that they make everyone wait on what should be a simple process to approve some artwork, I know Andrew would love to show us and I'm ready, in fact I need something soon to keep my interest going, Fox big shots being pretentious. Bastards

12289565_10153830454618086_8338017402427733979_n.jpg

#3106 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Have to imagine Full Throttle orders are not piling in.

yes, you HAVE to imagine that...

#3107 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It is crap that they make everyone wait on what should be a simple process to approve some artwork, I know Andrew would love to show us and I'm ready, in fact I need something soon to keep my interest going

12289565_10153830454618086_8338017402427733979_n.jpg

Agreed. Huge detriment to an obviously WAAAY too early announcement. But excited to see Aurichs mad scientist plans for the artwork ( when eventually friggen approved!).

#3108 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Call it what you want...I paid for the thing already....pinside let me add it to my collection...If heighway poofs down the jpop hole, then the jokes on me...

Is it true Heighway has already taken full payment for Alien machines?

#3109 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

yes, you HAVE to imagine that...

FTH is selling like hot cakes, 10 Pinsiders own FTH compared to 81 who own AMH

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's always been about the Alien pin. Have you ever watched Andrew profess his feelings about the Alien films during one of his talks?

Let's face it, FTH came first to grease the wheels. It had to. An original title. Smooth move. It worked. FTH is a solid pin. They can make pins.

Just wait.

#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Is it true Heighway has already taken full payment for Alien machines?

They've only taken deposits for LE's that are fully refundable, no payments in full. 1/2 when your game is being built and final payment when the game is shipped. I'm in for an LE.

#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think there were only "x" amount to buy from first batch, correct? They are certainly building quite a few more at the moment, for the next container.....can't imagine these are going to be stockpiled....give it time....

And suspect once Alien arrives, you may not want to compare those #'s to AMH....

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

They've only taken deposits for LE's that are fully refundable, no payments in full. 1/2 when your game is being built and final payment when the game is shipped. I'm in for an LE.

Correct and congrats!!!

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And suspect once Alien arrives, you may not want to compare those #'s to AMH....

I wouldn't compare AMH to the 10 even, hope all that bought it like it but I would much rather have FTH. Aliens will be the pin that really puts Heighway on the map.

#3115 3 years ago

Lots of new pinball going on to keep us entertained. HWP is doing what they can...we just know how these licenses work, just have to be patient. Aurich has done a great job keeping us in the loop, more than I certainly expected. I'm excited and have anxiety over adding this game to my line up but we just have to hold out until it's approved by the big dogs. Waiting sucks...but it will be worth it!

#3116 3 years ago

According to Andrew another 78 being shipped before Xmas and then 75-100 a month by end of January.

#3117 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

...we've been through this*yawn*. They are sold out of current batch, sold initial batch...it is their FIRST MACHINE and they are selling out!! Do they have sterns production numbers ??? no. But they sell them. As fast. As they. Make them. (shortened the sentences up for you there so they have a chance at breaking through).

PS Are there really 81 AMH's "in the hands" of those pinsiders? I doubt it, but even so when did production on AMH start?

If you think they are so inept and terrible, might as well jump ship on the Alien, right?...see what I did there? I used logic.

Dude. Get. A. Clue.

#3118 3 years ago

Just checking in on Pinside and saw this thread got a little activity. Working with my friend Kelly over Skype right now on animations for a mode. Having a lovely discussion about icons vs text for a particular failure message. This is the kind of nerdy shit I love, and Kelly also happens to be a game designer as well as an animator, so he loves it too.

If you're wondering, hitting a particular bad shot is going to just get an icon, but a complete failure gets an icon and text.

We're really looking at treating this like a DMD, but with high rez animations, and more space, meaning we can display a lot of important data at almost all times, while still doing animations. It's a great mix.

If I was to make my own game now there's simply no way I could go back to a DMD after working with LCD.

#3119 3 years ago

Most of us know, understand and prefer the obvious choice of a (new?) LCD technology platform. Those who don't just don't get it ...

It's quite strange to me that Stern didn't jump onto this when they changed to the new Spike platform anyway. I guess they have a gazillion DMD's on the shelves that they need to get rid of first.

Aurich, I just have to commend you; you're pretty much the only one whose posts I always find (politically) correct and actually informative - and always look forward to on this forum. Keep up the good work and your spirit!

#3120 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just checking in on Pinside and saw this thread got a little activity. Working with my friend Kelly over Skype right now on animations for a mode. Having a lovely discussion about icons vs text for a particular failure message. This is the kind of nerdy shit I love, and Kelly also happens to be a game designer as well as an animator, so he loves it too.
If you're wondering, hitting a particular bad shot is going to just get an icon, but a complete failure gets an icon and text.
We're really looking at treating this like a DMD, but with high rez animations, and more space, meaning we can display a lot of important data at almost all times, while still doing animations. It's a great mix.
If I was to make my own game now there's simply no way I could go back to a DMD after working with LCD.

Keep this kind of updates coming

#3121 3 years ago

Full Throttle is my first encounter with lcd screen vs dmd/color dmd, and let me tell you that even though Full Throttle does not have lots of fancy video clips and and also has pretty simple animations, just having all the info, animations, etc in sparkling HD makes a huge, huge difference. Not only the graphics but also the way that you can show much more info on the screen is just remarkable. All in Chrystal clear colors. (This is just with small lcd in the playfield) It truly is a gamechanger.

I would never have guessed that it would have such an impact on me. I have GOT pro standing side by side with Full Throttle and it's like going back in time, 20 years or more when I play that game right after Full Throttle. And you also have full spectrum rgb leds on every bulb on Full Throttle. It looks fantastic. Just think what those leds can do to the mood of a game like Alien, if used right.

It's not like I can't play with a dmd. When you have good, simple animations, like on TWD, where the red color dmd actually suits the theme, it is ok. But on GOT it is horrible, with the incredibly bad video clips being shown all the time.

Not being negative towards Got here. Still a fun game, but the difference is huge.

Just sayin'

#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

PS Are there really 81 AMH's "in the hands" of those pinsiders? I doubt it, but even so when did production on AMH start?
If you think they are so inept and terrible, might as well jump ship on the Alien, right?...see what I did there? I used logic.
Dude. Get. A. Clue.

By your logic, only people who have FTH in their hands list it, but anyone who has AMH on order can list it as in collection. Don't you think if someone has FTH on order they'd put it in their collection?

If it makes you feel better 24 people have FTH on their wish list 238 people have IM on their wish list, 53 people have Mustang on their wish list.

I'm only interested in Alien, I'm not saying FTH is bad but it has one quarter as many owners on Pinside as WWE.

Art and theme probably are not a big hit, maybe they're selling a bunch of FTH to ops IDK. I do believe that Pinside represents 20-40% of sales as Tron Le sold 400 (I believe) and 205 Pinsiders list it in their collection. 465 Pinsiders list IM and by accounts it sold less than 2000-2500 units in all runs.

#3123 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

By your logic, only people who have FTH in their hands list it, but anyone who has AMH on order can list it as in collection. Don't you think if someone has FTH on order they'd put it in their collection?
If it makes you feel better 24 people have FTH on their wish list 238 people have IM on their wish list, 53 people have Mustang on their wish list.
I'm only interested in Alien, I'm not saying FTH is bad but it has one quarter as many owners on Pinside as WWE.
Art and theme probably are not a big hit, maybe they're selling a bunch of FTH to ops IDK.

Let's not turn this into a fight about full throttle. Nobody is going to bat for that pin and we all agree it was made so HWP could figure out its production chops.

#3124 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Full Throttle is my first encounter with lcd screen vs dmd/color dmd, and let me tell you that even though Full Throttle does not have lots of fancy video clips and and also has pretty simple animations, just having all the info, animations, etc in sparkling HD makes a huge, huge difference. Not only the graphics but also the way that you can show much more info on the screen is just remarkable. All in Chrystal clear colors. (This is just with small lcd in the playfield) It truly is a gamechanger.
I would never have guessed that it would have such an impact on me. I have GOT pro standing side by side with Full Throttle and it's like going back in time, 20 years or more when I play that game right after Full Throttle. And you also have full spectrum rgb leds on every bulb on Full Throttle. It looks fantastic. Just think what those leds can do to the mood of a game like Alien, if used right.
It's not like I can't play with a dmd. When you have good, simple animations, like on TWD, where the red color dmd actually suits the theme, it is ok. But on GOT it is horrible, with the incredibly bad video clips being shown all the time.
Not being negative towards Got here. Still a fun game, but the difference is huge.
Just sayin'

You hit the nail on the head. HD pinball displays are embarrassingly overdue and when implemented properly are a game changer. The red dots in GOT are so bad and reason enough to just wait for Stern to give us a pin with 8k technology. What has me most excited about Alien is Andrew and Aurich's passion around the theme. Passion is the one intangible that makes something good, great. These guys will not go halfway. I don't get that feeling when I look at modern Sterns. Always feels like everything is a compromise vs pushing the envelope as far as possible. We shall see if Ghostbusters finally brings the innovation and art we expect from a modern pin.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Let's not turn this into a fight about Full Throttle. Nobody is going to bat for that pin and we all agree it was made so HWP could figure out its production chops.

That's fine, I'm just saying FTH is not a sales juggernaut hit or else people would list it on wish list and in their collection, the fact that 2x more people have WWE on their wish list tells me that FTH is not wished or dreamed about when Pinheads go to sleep. I know a guy who owned one and sold it in for a big loss after couple months. Not saying it's bad but if was OMG the best game I'd think he'd have wanted to hold onto it.

I agree FTH is more about getting the wheels in motion, but don't tell me it's more popular than AMH even, because it's bearly talked about.

Alien on the other hand is a much better theme, but still hasn't gained the traction of Predator even, I think we need art and gameplay video before people get too excited about it. Right now it's a cool theme but other than that I'd like to see the gameplay and DMD animations etc..

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's fine, I'm just saying FTH is not a sales juggernaut hit or else people would list it on wish list and in their collection, the fact that 2x more people have WWE on their wish list tells me that FTH is not wished or dreamed about when Pinheads go to sleep. I know a guy who owned one and sold it in a couple months. Not saying it's bad but if was OMG the best game I'd think he'd have wanted to hold onto it.
I agree FTH is more about getting the wheels in motion, but don't tell me it's more popular than AMH even, because it's bearly talked about.
Alien on the other hand is a much better theme, but still hasn't gained the traction of Predator even, I think we need art and gameplay video before people get too excited about it. Right now it's a cool theme but other than that I'd like to see the gameplay and DMD animations etc..

It's simple: FTH only has appeal in Europe where motorcycle racing exists. Nobody in the states cares. Haunted House? That's a universal theme. There are ghosts everywhere!!!!!

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from jonninemonic:

It's quite strange to me that Stern didn't jump onto this when they changed to the new Spike platform anyway. I guess they have a gazillion DMD's on the shelves that they need to get rid of first.

This makes sense. When they switched from score reels, they still made games with them to get rid of the stock they had.

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's fine, I'm just saying FTH is not a sales juggernaut hit or else people would list it on wish list and in their collection, the fact that 2x more people have WWE on their wish list tells me that FTH is not wished or dreamed about when Pinheads go to sleep. I know a guy who owned one and sold it in for a big loss after couple months. Not saying it's bad but if was OMG the best game I'd think he'd have wanted to hold onto it.

Just added Full Throttle to my wish list. Hope that makes you happy.

I think most people just don't bother with wishlists. Sorry to break the bad news to ya.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's fine, I'm just saying FTH is not a sales juggernaut hit or else people would list it on wish list and in their collection, the fact that 2x more people have WWE on their wish list tells me that FTH is not wished or dreamed about when Pinheads go to sleep. I know a guy who owned one and sold it in a couple months. Not saying it's bad but if was OMG the best game I'd think he'd have wanted to hold onto it.

They are not even really avialable yet so there's no real way to know how well it will do once people start getting them. All of the ones that came out seemed to be more of the first 10 test machines and production is just now really starting. The lone distributor in the US does not have any yet and likely won't for another month. I wouldn't judge it's popularity until people can actually buy it and play it, not preorder it.

#3130 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's simple: FTH only has appeal in Europe where motorcycle racing exists. Nobody in the states cares. Haunted House? That's a universal theme. There are ghosts everywhere!!!!!

There are a lot more people in the US that care about motocycle racing then there are that care about pinball. All racing themes tend to do well on any type of game from pinball to arcades to home consoles. The theme is easy to understand and follow and fun. Just in my small area alone I know 2 pinball folks that are diehard motorcycle racing fans.

Looking forward to seeing how Alien turns out. Hopefully everything comes together for a nice game.

#3131 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah but that game like RZ and I'm sorry if this offends the owners looks like it was made in a garage, the ghost is right off the boo berry box and the voice work/animation is just awful, FTH at least is a serious pinball machine, not a theme I'm interested in but would consider picking up a playfield down the road. The comparison of FTH and AMH is ridiculous, its like comparing these guys.

twins_2181674b.jpg

#3132 3 years ago

I think you will see a lot more Full Throttlers pop up after Alien has arrived. Full Throttle will be available for a long time and buying the playfield later is a great option for Alien buyers to get another good pin for a great price.

Making Full Throttle before Alien was a smart move by Heighway. (As long as you can survive as a company with not having a smash hit as your first title)

Heigway Pinball seems to do a lot of things right, in my opinion.

#3133 3 years ago

I'm very excited about this pin. I feel that full throttle is a very well made pin, and more choices now from all new companies is always good for pinball. I like that their style is different, and very cool imo. Aliens is on my wish list.

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There are a lot more people in the US that care about motocycle racing then there are that care about pinball. All racing themes tend to do well on any type of game from pinball to arcades to home consoles. The theme is easy to understand and follow and fun. Just in my small area alone I know 2 pinball folks that are diehard motorcycle racing fans.
Looking forward to seeing how Alien turns out. Hopefully everything comes together for a nice game.

Simply not true.

#3135 3 years ago

Ok, pulled my head out of the sand on this one and can someone bring me up to speed if there are any pics, pricing, designers, expected ship start date, etc. Such an awesome theme. Off to page 1 to start some light reading.

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don't you think if someone has FTH on order they'd put it in their collection?

No. I did not, for example.

#3138 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No. I did not, for example.

I haven't either.

#3139 3 years ago

When did the Alien thread turn in to the specious arguments about Full Throttle thread? Seriously.

#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

When did the Alien thread turn in to the specious arguments about Full Throttle thread? Seriously.

when peeps began spewing their opinions as fact and decided they could speak for the majority of enthusiasts.

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

When doesn't ANY Thread turn into a shitshow??

#3142 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Simply not true.

Any proof of that or are you just making up things based on what you like?

#3143 3 years ago

Alien playfield leak....!!!!!! Beautiful work Aurich!

alien-pinball.jpg

#3144 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

You better blur that image....

#3145 3 years ago

I will buy the full throttle kit when I get my alien le. its a no brainer for me, but I got shit for brains when it comes to arcades.

#3146 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

alien-pinball.jpg

Finally, I'm all in, fully paid up

#3147 3 years ago

It's an open forum to discuss whatever you like, but guys, just throwing this out there:

When you argue about stupid shit that has nothing to do with Alien you just create noise. I'm not reading it, I suspect I have some of the people who are starting it all on ignore, and it's not really conducive to me posting updates.

They get lost in the noise, and it's just not worth it.

So my personal advice is just ignore the off topic shit, no one has to actually respond to any of it.

#3148 3 years ago

I plan on getting Alien and Full Throttle at some point. I'm more excited for Alien overall, but Full Throttle was my favorite game at Expo this year to shoot. I think it will be a descent hit when more people get a chance to play and it's available from Cointaker to buy. It's fast and the shots feel unique and a very satisfying to hit.

#3149 3 years ago

The beauty of the Heighway system is if Alien is the huge hit everyone expects it to be, it will create sleeper demand for Full Throttle, for people picking up the playfield upgrade. It doesn't need to be a huge hit out of the gates. No one says the game sucks, so in time it can find an audience.

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

it will create sleeper demand for Full Throttle, for people picking up the playfield upgrade. It doesn't need to be a huge hit out of the gates.

This is sort of accepting the bizarre false premise that there is no demand for the game though, but I agree.

The problem is that people are at work and not working the week of the holiday...idle hands are the devils troll baiting nonsense poster....or however that saying goes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside