DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 601.
#3001 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Being aware is not being cool or empowering.
Awareness is not knowledge.
Knowledge is power.

based on your posts I am now aware of something else. looks like some of the others are too. thanks for "enlightening" us.

now back to the good positive stuff...

#3002 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

now back to the good positive stuff...

Speaking of which, a tidbit of information was recently touched on about the Heighway "next level" fiber optic ramp lighting but has since been deleted from this thread. Hoping to see how this turns out on a Full Throttle LE so we can see what that's all about. Eager to be impressed.

#3003 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

since been deleted from this thread

#3004 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's all big boxes full of electricity and ball bearings guys, don't get too worked up over it. Come argue in our thread about Java applets if you want some real drama!

Link?

#3005 8 years ago

Yeah I know but it's not my place to say. Must have been deleted for a reason I guess.

#3006 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yeah I know but it's not my place to say. Must have been deleted for a reason I guess.

Correct...I deleted that ( my) post out of professional courtesy....please respect that....thanks....mark

1 week later
#3007 8 years ago

Sorry for The question as it might have been an answer in this thread, but is a widebody pinball machine?
Thanks

#3008 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry for The question as it might have been an answer in this thread, but is a widebody pinball machine?
Thanks

Yes

#3009 8 years ago

Thanks

Is it a new orientation to product pinball machine? Will heighway pinball only product widebody machines?
I'm a bit desappointed that 2 news producters are taking that way ( just my taste to prefer standard size)

#3010 8 years ago

Thanks
Is it a new orientation to product pinball machine? Will heighway pinball only product widebody machines?
I'm a bit desappointed that 2 news producters are taking that way ( just my taste to prefer standard size)

As a fan of wide body pins I admit bias, but It's true that standard body pins are preferred as flow is concerned. So hard to get good flow out of a widebody.

#3011 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

So hard to get good flow out of a widebody.

Play Full Throttle...

#3012 8 years ago

Will heighway pinball only product widebody machines?

From what I've heard they want them to be the same size so people can switch out playfields/games

#3013 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Play Full Throttle...

Yeah, it's not lacking for flow. And frankly Alien wouldn't be able to be built with 4 flippers and all the shots in a standard body.

#3014 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Play Full Throttle...

IJ (another widebody) also has flow, but doesn't come close to FT on shots or speed.

#3015 8 years ago

As some have pointed out, it's a common misconception that narrow body = fast and flow, wide body = slow with no flow.

It is all about how you use the space, and place mechs like slingshots

Some have commented that Full Throttle is the fastest game in pinball. Whether this is true or not, Full Throttle does prove that a widebody can have both speed and flow

#3016 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

As some have pointed out, it's a common misconception that narrow body = fast and flow, wide body = slow with no flow.
It is all about how you use the space, and place mechs like slingshots
Some have commented that Full Throttle is the fastest game in pinball. Whether this is true or not, Full Throttle does prove that a widebody can have both speed and flow

Confirmed

#3017 8 years ago

Any chance an Aliens prototype and Full Throttle will be at TPF 2016 ?

#3018 8 years ago

Man,this would be a really great time to see a reveal.......here's hoping the approvals go smooth and quick.

#3019 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any chance an Aliens prototype and Full Throttle will be at TPF 2016 ?

Or maybe EAG International 2016 in London.....

#3020 8 years ago

another question that has certainly been developed here, what are the main difference between standard and LE model? is it only cosmetic or there will be gameplay variation?
thanks

#3021 8 years ago

another question that has certainly been developed here, what are the main difference between standard and LE model? is it only cosmetic or there will be gameplay variation?
thanks

http://heighwaypinball.com/Gamenew/

The following can be bought as an upgrade for the Standard Edition also:
- Beacons
- Fiber Optic ramps
- Shaker motor

So in the end the difference is all cosmetic.

#3022 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

The following can be bought as an upgrade for the Standard Edition also:
- Beacons
- Fiber Optic ramps
- Shaker motor

Selling the LE parts is the worst move ever. Andrew listen to me bro. Either make your LE's truly LE's and charge accordingly or just make one game. Defeats the point of going LE if you can just upgrade a regular with cash.

#3023 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Selling the LE parts is the worst move ever. Andrew listen to me bro. Either make your LE's truly LE's and charge accordingly or just make one game. Defeats the point of going LE if you can just upgrade a regular with cash.

The trim will be different as well. Also you get a different back glass art work and side art work that can not be purchased after. As well as the standard art work included.

#3024 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

The trim will be different as well. Also you get a different back glass art work and side art work that can not be purchased after. As well as the standard art work included.

Let's be honest, if you don't put the big screen in the backglass area something's wrong with ya, it's amazing. I'm just frustrated LE now just means trim stuff. Make some playfield items exclusive. Doesn't have to impact gameplay, but man lighted ramps should be LE only.

#3025 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Let's be honest, if you don't put the big screen in the backglass area something's wrong with ya, it's amazing. I'm just frustrated LE now just means trim stuff. Make some playfield items exclusive. Doesn't have to impact gameplay, but man lighted ramps should be LE only.

I think it has to do with their modular approach. People who have enough room will buy LE's and leave them as is.

People with less space (like me) will buy one cabinet and multiple playfields with upgrades as wanted.

#3026 8 years ago

I think it has to do with their modular approach. People who have enough room will buy LE's and leave them as is.

Heighway's LEs seem to be created exactly for this reason. Anyone else can go with playfield swaps.

#3027 8 years ago

Having gameplay features be exclusive to limited editions is a horrible idea and I'm glad Heighway isn't going that route.

#3028 8 years ago

But in the end, an LE WILL be an LE, and there will be enough difference to warrant getting one if you're into the theme....just put the price tags on all the adds, plus artwork, etc. that can't be bought, and it is very clear....

#3029 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Make some playfield items exclusive. Doesn't have to impact gameplay, but man lighted ramps should be LE only.

I couldn't disagree more here. LE should be for cosmetics only, playfield features should be across all editions. Heighway is doing it right.

#3030 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

just put the price tags on all the adds, plus artwork, etc. that can't be bought, and it is very clear....

You are correct if the lighted ramps are 500 and the beacons are 500 and then shaker is 300. May as well just get the LE. Unfortunately we have no idea what the additions will cost. I was thinking more lighted ramps 200 beacons 300 and shaker 200. I want to save every cent I can for the screen upgrade. I'm not interested in being in 9k for a single pin (with whatever the screen upgrade costs), so I'm looking at a standard.

#3031 8 years ago

i don't understand, does the LE also get the modular concept? can i put a LE playfield in a standard cabinet?

#3032 8 years ago

i don't understand, does the LE also get the modular concept? can i put a LE playfield in a standard cabinet?

Yes

#3033 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's the best move ever. Being able to trick out your Standard with LE parts is great for people who don't rush to buy a game the moment it comes out. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the collectible market of an LE.

#3034 8 years ago

I'm torn on getting either backbox screen that simply mirrors the playfield one. If Heighway could share some concrete plans (even if its just a planned update down the road) as to whether that screen will have unique content, it would make this decision easier.

#3035 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I'm torn on getting either backbox screen that simply mirrors the playfield one. If Heighway could share some concrete plans (even if its just a planned update down the road) as to whether that screen will have unique content, it would make this decision easier.

I'm torn on whether or not to get the large LCD if it only mirrors the PF one, I would almost rather see the backbox art with the smaller extra screen, its really only me playing the game 90% of the time so I don't care about on lookers, I guess its pointless until we see animations and all that anyway.

#3036 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It's the best move ever. Being able to trick out your Standard with LE parts is great for people who don't rush to buy a game the moment it comes out. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the collectible market of an LE.

Agreed. The proposition is simple: if you don't think the LE is 'special enough' then don't buy it.

It also makes perfect business sense. Heighway will not lose a single customer who is interested in the LE version of a particular game, and finds it to be 'not special enough'. That customer will simply buy the SE version. And they'll likely spend extra money upgrading it with high-margin extras.

If Heighway went the Stern route and held back important features just for the LE version they'd be guaranteed to lose at least some customers who want the features of the LE but can't have them because they're all gone, and they'd burn goodwill from regular customers as well.

#3037 8 years ago

I'm just grateful Andrew is giving choices, period......I could give a "rat's ass" about others opinions on what I'm buying, unless they want to help pay for it....then I'm not in anyway.....

#3038 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm torn on whether or not to get the large LCD if it only mirrors the PF one, I would almoost rather see the backbox art with the smaller extra screen, its really only me playing the game 90% of the time so I don't care about on lookers, I guess its pointless until we see animations and all that anyway.

Exactly! I'm the primary player as well. The small one does make more sense as it would seem easier to glance up and take in vs. a huge monitor. But still seems kind of pointless to a home gamer if it's just a mirrored image.

I've actually decided to carve out a spot in my shop for this one so i can go out there in the middle of the night for a smoke pumping, beacon flashing, sub pounding Alien adventure without waking the whole house up!

#3039 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

if you don't put the big screen in the backglass area something's wrong with ya

Funny, I just scrolled up and saw this....hope something doesn't end up being wrong with me...

#3040 8 years ago

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the collectible market of an LE.

Ah. so you're THAT guy.

#3041 8 years ago

You should buy the big monitor in the backglass. The system is modular, if you do not have that screen, then you cannot use it. If there comes an upgrade/update that separates the video feeds either of the current games or future ones, you have the screen. I bought it for that reason as I intend to make use of the modular possibilities of the Heighway system.

Andrew believes firmly in the modular setup and we can only guess what he is planning, but I would bet on it that he will use the assets that are available as extensive as possible within the technical possibilities.

Bottom line: if you do not have it, the game cannot use it.

#3042 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

listen to me bro

? why?

#3043 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ah. so you're THAT guy.

Yes, he is......glad he's found the Alien thread......

#3044 8 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

You should buy the big monitor in the backglass. The system is modular, if you do not have that screen, then you cannot use it. If there comes an upgrade/update that separates the video feeds either of the current games or future ones, you have the screen. I bought it for that reason as I intend to make use of the modular possibilities of the Heighway system.
Andrew believes firmly in the modular setup and we can only guess what he is planning, but I would bet on it that he will use the assets that are available as extensive as possible within the technical possibilities.
Bottom line: if you do not have it, the game cannot use it.

You can also buy the screen later.

#3045 8 years ago

People with less space (like me) will buy one cabinet and multiple playfields with upgrades as wanted.

don't feed the troll.

#3046 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

don't feed the troll.

Just my opinion and topic related. Food for everyone

#3047 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure Andrew knows that 2+2 is 4. He can do some math?

If there is zero benefit to get an LE then he won't sell any "LE's" because everybody, including myself, will get the standard and add all the extra crap to it.

The whole LE thing is BS anyhow. If there is not any differentiation then he's an idiot and I doubt that.

#3048 8 years ago

We don't know the details of precisely what LE features will be optional à la carte extras for SE owners. It may be likely that buying SE and all optional extras costs more than the total LE package.

So on top of the guaranteed LE benefits of exclusive trim colours/finishes, certificate/plaque, and a superior art package that is (IIRC) in additional to getting the SE art package, the LE package may be an overall cheaper way to get everything. I bet there will also be some LE exclusive goodies in the goody bag.

#3049 8 years ago

For the life of me, I will never understand why people continually get worked up over this LE shit.....

It is freakin as basic as it gets....is there some sort of rule ( only for pinball, of course, because everything else retail wise of substance has " limited editions") that all shall be equal, regardless what you paid for it? WTF?

How is it determined to be " limited"? Who cares? Is it different from a "standard"? You better count on it, or they wouldn't charge more. Is it worth it? That is determined solely by the person buying the f**king thing, no one else.

Do I condescend or have " pin envy " over a guy that has a BSM and I have a red one? No....and if they chose it because they wanted it, then how is that wrong, or an " ignorant" choice? Everyone has unique wants/ tastes....time to let it the f**k go....

Check the options, buy what you want ( or not) , and move on.....whining on and on about this shit is just pointless

( sorry for excessive profanity, but this judgmental crap just pisses me off)....

#3050 8 years ago

Personally I'm over the whole LE thing entirely. Rob Zombie game is only 300 units, and even it's getting an LE? Just feels out of hand.

I'd rather just see Standard and Premium. Because I realize there is an audience for extra bling, and cool ideas that you just can't fit into the normal BOM. So sell a pimped out version, and a regular version, and just make as many as people want to buy.

That's just me speaking though. I'm glad Alien has an LE, means I get to do a backglass that's my design, since the Standard one was more constrained.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.