• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 494.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

One final point about the large LCD screen - it takes seconds to change over the translite panel - so to those who love seeing the backglass art at all times when the game is switched off, there's nothing stopping customers swapping the backglass panels over whenever needed.

I've often wondered about that. So if a customer buys an Alien LE with the extra large LCD screen, it will also ship with the LE back box to swap in the included standard and LE art panels?

I've been a little confused if there are going to be several different back boxes dependent on if and which optional LCD is initially purchased, large or small or none.

If you initially buy an alien pin with the extra large LCD and you choose to switch to a standard back box with full art panel will you still have the backbox addressable LED lighting for the art? And by the way I always wanted to know if that addressable translite lighting in the back box is RGB or not?

And will the LE number plaque/badge be customer removable to get mounted on the different small or large LCD back box panel configurations as customers change things up in the future?

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I've often wondered about that. So if a customer buys an Alien LE with the extra large LCD screen, it will also ship with the LE back box to swap in the included standard and LE art panels?
I've been a little confused if there are going to be several different back box panels dependent on if and which optional LCD is initially purchased, large or small or none.
And will the LE number plaque/badge be customer removable to get mounted on the different small or large LCD back box panel configurations as customers change things up in the future?

Can't imagine plaque being changeable between cabinets ( sort of defeats the "LE" thing)....that and the backbox/ side artwork will stay w the machine ( I would imagine).....think the 500 LE's will simply be built to the customer's request ( large, small, no screen, hardware choice), and that's that. With all the choices, these will really be " Limited" in nature, imho.....My LE may not look like someone else's......very nice!!!......mark

#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can't imagine plaque being changeable between cabinets ( sort of defeats the "LE" thing)....that and the backbox/ side artwork will stay w the machine ( I would imagine).....think the 500 LE's will simply be built to the customer's request ( large, small, no screen, hardware choice), and that's that. With all the choices, these will really be " Limited" in nature, imho.....My LE may not look like someone else's......very nice!!!......mark

Wait... what? If you buy an LE with the small LCD screen initially, do you get a numbered badge to at least put in a sock drawer or some where?

Where is the badge going to be located? Not under the art between the speakers?

If you initially buy no LCD and later purchase the small one do you have to also purchase a separate different back box to accomodate it? Then do you lose your badge if it stays on the original back box panel?

Is there a back box associated with the large LCD screen?

Isn't the back box and speaker area all one piece? Maybe that's just a removable front panel of the back box that gets swapped out dependent on LCD choice and the back box behind the front panel always remains?

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wait... what? If you buy an LE with the small LCD screen initially, do you get a numbered badge to at least put in a sock drawer or some where?

Too funny!!!.....have no idea where he's putting it, but certainly don't want it in my sock drawer...

You know you're going to want the big screen anyway, once all this stuff is made public.....suspect it will go right under that....

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You know you're going to want the big screen anyway, once all this stuff is made public.....suspect it will go right under that....

Honestly I don't want an optional LCD at all. Of course my tune will change immediately if there comes an announcement where an original and different third video feed is put to use for that on the Alien pin.

#2956 3 years ago

Not a bad thing actually, that license holders wants to keep footage and info behind closed doors until the pin is finished.

Maybe if those holders start to demand you are not even allowed to announce it before you are producing, this will be perfect.

For companies, cause when you announce a pin you get the most exposure. But because it takes years to finalize the pin, you lose some what of the excitement.

And that can cost a company.

For the costumers it is great too. See a theme and pin you love? Pay and play! (Within a few weeks max)

#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Honestly I don't want an optional LCD at all. Of course my tune will change immediately if there comes an announcement where an original and different third video feed is put to use for that on the Alien pin.

What until you see some of the movie clips they are trying to get through... .........killer stuff...

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What until you see some of the movie clips they are trying to get through... .........killer stuff...

Whaddaya know... SPILL IT!!

#2959 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Whaddaya know... SPILL IT!!

As Andrew referenced above...he has shared certain elements of the game on a private basis....he was kind enough to Skype me a few weeks ago, to share some pics, talk about (see) some of the toys, and some screen shot stuff they were working on (getting approved).

I couldn't (wouldn't) screen capture anything, as I knew it wouldn't be right, being the actual release would come from Heighway, and FOX hadn't signed off on what could be shown yet. What I can share (I know it's vague mainly due to my memory...it was late):

a) Playfield looked amazing...elements of both films present, very dark and luminous looking/ feeling...I couldn't zoom in on it, but overall it appeared very professional and well laid out. Wish I could remember more, but he was showing me so much, it was on and off the screen pretty quick.

b) Custom molded eggs on the pops are RGB and look SICK!!!.. certain modes of the game will make them look lifelike on the inside.

c) Beacons on topper looked way bigger and more powerful (lightwise) than I expected.....

d) One of the toys he described was a xenomorph that would launch the inner mouth out and grab the ball w a magnet. located at back of playfield, firing straight out at the player!!!

e) The thing that got me the most - SCREEN IMAGES!!!!.....there were tracker images, facehugger scenes, battle scenes, and other stuff that actually interacted w gameplay modes....hence the NEED TO GET THE BIG SCREEN!!! I don't care if it mirrors playfield or not initially (he did say they were working on the 3rd video output). To watch a facehugger come crawling out of the egg on the backbox?!?! Really?!?......a definite no brainer......

My takeaway after seeing all of this and talking w Andrew.....this is going to be a very theme heavy, well engineered and thought out pin.....playfield looked great, everything was mindblowing ........

Sorry I can't be more specific...had to absorb a lot in the 20 minutes he shared with me.....very happy I'm in...the passion he has for this title is off the charts!!!!......mark

#2960 3 years ago

I can only say that MK6PIN is right. After seeing some of the things on the telephone of Andrew I had no choice but to order one. I really thought that GoT would be my grail pin, but GoT does not even come close.

And if you are on the fence: take the big screen. Trust everyone that is telling you that over here. They know what they are saying

#2961 3 years ago

Sorry, wrong click ! its late here hihi

#2962 3 years ago

Andrew, would it be allowed to show some white wood at least some shots of the ramps? I mean that's not Fox specific.

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Andrew, would it be allowed to show some white wood at least some shots of the ramps? I mean that's not Fox specific.

The ramps are being looked at right now. They should be some of the next features that we can show

#2964 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The ramps are being looked at right now. They should be some of the next features that we can show

Fantastic Andrew, keep up the good fight.

#2965 3 years ago
#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As Andrew referenced above...he has shared certain elements of the game on a private basis....he was kind enough to Skype me a few weeks ago, to share some pics, talk about (see) some of the toys, and some screen shot stuff they were working on (getting approved).
I couldn't (wouldn't) screen capture anything, as I knew it wouldn't be right, being the actual release would come from Heighway, and FOX hadn't signed off on what could be shown yet. What I can share (I know it's vague mainly due to my memory...it was late):
a) Playfield looked amazing...elements of both films present, very dark and luminous looking/ feeling...I couldn't zoom in on it, but overall it appeared very professional and well laid out. Wish I could remember more, but he was showing me so much, it was on and off the screen pretty quick.
b) Custom molded eggs on the pops are RGB and look SICK!!!.. certain modes of the game will make them look lifelike on the inside.
c) Beacons on topper looked way bigger and more powerful (lightwise) than I expected.....
d) One of the toys he described was a xenomorph that would launch the inner mouth out and grab the ball w a magnet. located at back of playfield, firing straight out at the player!!!
e) The thing that got me the most - SCREEN IMAGES!!!!.....there were tracker images, facehugger scenes, battle scenes, and other stuff that actually interacted w gameplay modes....hence the NEED TO GET THE BIG SCREEN!!! I don't care if it mirrors playfield or not initially (he did say they were working on the 3rd video output). To watch a facehugger come crawling out of the egg on the backbox?!?! Really?!?......a definite no brainer......
My takeaway after seeing all of this and talking w Andrew.....this is going to be a very theme heavy, well engineered and thought out pin.....playfield looked great, everything was mindblowing ........
Sorry I can't be more specific...had to absorb a lot in the 20 minutes he shared with me.....very happy I'm in...the passion he has for this title is off the charts!!!!......mark

good stuff. sounds awesome!

#2967 3 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing the large LCD in person!

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

Really looking forward to seeing the large LCD in person!

The large LCD in the backbox of Heighway games is nice.
Seems like it has a good refresh rate and nice resolution (easy on the eyes).

#2970 3 years ago

Pfft. Just pony-up another $4,400 bucks and get a 7'-7" model to stand behind the game from MonsterGalaxy.com

Lifesize-Alien-Prop.jpg

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Pfft. Just pony-up another $4,400 bucks and get a 7'-7" model to stand behind the game from MonsterGalaxy.com
Lifesize-Alien-Prop.jpg

Holy moly!!!

#2972 3 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Lifesize-Alien-Prop.jpg

I am sure somebody from PinSide bought one in preparation for a game that has not been produced yet.
"Look at me, I am the cool guy"!
Watch, wait, and see.
It would hard pressed to be used as a topper unless someone uses it with vaulted ceilings and cable wiring directed downward scaring people as they play, but I am sure somebody will try and then install a billion Christmas tree LEDS on it.

I mean peope are already installing full size half bodies of CFTBL, Dracula, and Wolfman on their games.

As someone on this forum (not this thread) once said, "I vote with my wallet".
(The Third Age of the New Pinball Collector)

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I am sure somebody from PinSide bought one in preparation for a game that has not been produced yet.
Watch, wait, and see.
It would hard pressed to be used as a topper unless someone uses it with vaulted ceilings and cable wiring directed downward scaring people as they play, but I am sure somebody will try and then install a billion Christmas tree LEDS on it.
I mean peope are already installing full size half bodies of CFTBL, Dracula, and Wolfman on their games.

#2975 3 years ago

boy, someones salty.jpg

#2976 3 years ago

The most expensive mod in pinball history

Quoted from bstyles:Pfft. Just pony-up another $4,400 bucks and get a 7'-7" model to stand behind the game from MonsterGalaxy.com
Lifesize-Alien-Prop.jpg

#2977 3 years ago

Watch, wait, and see.

I'm starting to see a pattern here Mr. Cranky-Pants

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm starting to see a pattern here Mr. Cranky-Pants

Must be the nature of the current generation of collectors.
Enlightening isn't it?

#2979 3 years ago

Enlightening isn't it?

And yet again......

#2980 3 years ago

It's all big boxes full of electricity and ball bearings guys, don't get too worked up over it. Come argue in our thread about Java applets if you want some real drama!

#2981 3 years ago

...but I am sure somebody will try and then install a billion Christmas tree LEDS on it.

One billion Christmas tree LEDs...... err, I mean one trillion Christmas tree LEDs...

3998596-dr-evil.jpg

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

One billion Christmas tree LEDs...... err, I mean one trillion Christmas tree LEDs...
3998596-dr-evil.jpg

I wanted sharks with freakin' laser beams, oh I mean LEDs (and oversized pinball topper).

Ok, peace.
Enjoy Aliens whenever released.

#2983 3 years ago

Java applets really? Let expound on HTML5 and the benefits therin or shall we digress into EJB Beans or Active X and other NPAPI plugins in Edge and whether

--Jeff

#2984 3 years ago

Enlightening isn't it?

sure is. being aware of stuff is cool and empowering

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Java applets really? Let expound on HTML5 and the benefits therin or shall we digress into EJB Beans or Active X and other NPAPI plugins in Edge and whether

Pardon me, I seem to be a little lost. Is this the Interwebs? Would someone kindly point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Oh, and so as not to completely go off topic.... Aurich, any news from Fox yet on the artwork?

#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Aurich, any news from Fox yet on the artwork?

per Andrew Fox doesn't want anything revealed until the game is "done"...

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Aurich, any news from Fox yet on the artwork?

Still in the process, but so far so good actually. Hard to say beyond that though.

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

sure is. being aware of stuff is cool and empowering

Being aware is not being cool or empowering.
Awareness is not knowledge.
Knowledge is power.

Understanding collectibility and history, theory and operations, and maintenance of pinball for future developments is helpful and provides the background for experience.
Conjecture of this comment may imply personal arrogance, but I offer support to any collector who needs assistance.

The only thing that is important is to keep pinball alive for future generations. This means quality games from dedicated enthusiasts without things turning into vaporware because they get over their head technically.

I cheer creativity.
I despise false promises.
Alien pinball is creativity and a promise.
I would prefer to not see it fail either, even though I have no interest in buying one.

#2989 3 years ago

Guy, can I please ask that you take this back and forth conversation to another thread or PM? I know things seem slow on the outside, but we're super busy right now while we wait for things from Fox, no one is sitting around. We'll turn it into news when we can. In the meantime be nice to not have this thread derail since it's the official thread.

Thanks!

In the meantime, I can't show anything I'm working on right now because it has to go through Fox's approval still. But here's a peek at something on my screen that's legal-friendly.

alien-extreme-closeup.jpg

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Guy, can I please ask that you take this back and forth conversation to another thread or PM? I know things seem slow on the outside, but we're super busy right now while we wait for things from Fox, no one is sitting around. We'll turn it into news when we can. In the meantime be nice to not have this thread derail since it's the official thread.
Thanks!
In the meantime, I can't show anything I'm working on right now because it has to go through Fox's approval still. But here's a peek at something on my screen that's legal-friendly.

Certainly, I bow out on this one graciously.

#2991 3 years ago

Highways Alien has all the elements in place to be a top tier pin , Killer theme , cutting edge tech , great art package , killer toys and layout , very deep rule set , etc

I feel Alien is the machine that will put Highway on the map in a huge way and push them over the top in sales .

Add the ability to swap out to new themes and highway in my book are going to be one of the big players in the future . Us older pinheads are going to downgrade house size and pin collections . i like the idea of having a cupboard with 3 themes stored and a forth in the cab . ( Killer idea for ops also )

Those that have been lucky enough to see the goings on get how stunning the Alien machine is .

These fellows are now tooled up and ready to go full foward with some Killer titles ( Elvira ? , Back To The Future ? )

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WOW! Based on this alone, I just put a deposit on an LE. The detail in that screenshot captures all of the "dark" feeling of the Alien environment. Thanks Aurich!

Seriously though, I had put down a deposit on an LE (#58) months ago. I think this pin, with the Team working on it can do nothing but hit it out of the park. I strongly believe it will be visually stunning based upon what we've seen of Aurich's work on other themes as well as Heighway's unique approach to cabinet design. I've not played a machine yet with an lcd embedded in the playfield but I like the idea. If and when the details on Alien emerge and I don't care for what I see, I can get my deposit back. I do not forsee any dislike of this game.

#2993 3 years ago

Being aware is not being cool or empowering.
Awareness is not knowledge.
Knowledge is power.
Understanding collectibility and history, theory and operations, and maintenance of pinball for future developments is helpful and provides the background for experience.
Conjecture of this comment may imply personal arrogance, but I offer support to any collector who needs assistance.
The only thing that is important is to keep pinball alive for future generations. This means quality games from dedicated enthusiasts without things turning into vaporware because they get over their head technically.
I cheer creativity.
I despise false promises.
Alien pinball is creativity and a promise.
I would prefer to not see it fail either, even though I have no interest in buying one.

Man, I've read enough of this crap.....your comments come off as very demeaning and arrogant, directed at people and a title you obviously have no interest in......

I agree with Aurich....how about taking this "super insight " shit somewhere else.....thanks...

#2994 3 years ago
#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I knew the game was going to be badass, but had no idea the first posted screenshot was going to blind me ( everything going fuzzy and dark now)!!!!!!

We should be afraid....very afraid.....

#2996 3 years ago

Alien LE #69
Just had my Seiko Ridley Remake delivered. Looking fwd to the progress of this pin. Hope it turns out well cause I'm not sure if I can return the watch.

image.jpeg

Added over 3 years ago: Addendum: Due to era by Heighway I was mistakenly given LE #69 after it was already allocated to someone else. Supposedly LE #54 as of now.

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Alien LE #69
Just had my Seiko Ridley Remake delivered. Looking fwd to the progress of this pin. Hope it turns out well cause I'm not sure if I can return the watch.

Nice - ordered the watch about a week ago, shipped Monday, currently waiting. How long did it take for yours to show up, if you don't mind my asking?

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Nice - ordered the watch about a week ago, shipped Monday, currently waiting. How long did it take for yours to show up, if you don't mind my asking?

Ordered 11/22/15 Shipped next day. Received around 14 days later. Tried looking for exact date recieved but couldn't locate. Came from Japan and had to clear customs.

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Just had my Seiko Ridley Remake delivered.

I just made an offer for one on Ebay...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside