pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 592 of 601.
#29551 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You can ask for this ammount , but what you get is an other story. You can also offer a BBB for 40 K . You will still need the dumbass who will buy it for this ammount.
Nice LE should be between 10 and 15 K ....
A standart was sold some weeks ago in France for 8K.

True to some degrees, but European market is different than the other part of the world like here in the US. Your market generally is may I say “softer” than us

#29552 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Nah not mine, and Im staying as long as you are the cult, I mean club leader and Averell is the head of Advisory

No worries there...

#29553 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ERMAGAWWWD! I will never be able to afford my dream pin! It is a beauty. No powder coat or beacons.. But c'mon maaaan! $25k

Import from Europe maybe the way to go as it seems like they are way less over there than the states side

#29554 1 year ago

We should ask Brian again if there's a software update available in the near future?

#29555 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

We should ask Brian again if there's a software update available in the near future?

In your guy's opinion.. How much is there needed to be improved or cleaned up in a code update on the OG's? When was the last one? Definitely not throwing PB under the bus, just wondering if there's much difference in the scoring and modes between the two versions..

#29556 1 year ago

We have a list of remaining issues in V1.4 and we hope Brian will fix these and improve HW-Alien with his experience he made coding the PB-version.
I'm sure there's nothing to be changed regarding rules and game play.

#29557 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have a Stupid question…is the code of brother pinball more enhanced than on our heighway games?

#29558 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I have a Stupid question…is the code of brother pinball more enhanced than on our heighway games?

Yes i wanted to know that too, is it better on PB? I know they have that splash screen but thats about it?

#29559 1 year ago

As I understood is Brian also a owner of a HW ALIEN ... so it would also a good thing for him to finish the software

At least PB Aliens have the mechanic balllock and the "secret entrance" . So there must be a little more code.
Rest depends on if the PB Aliens have other hardware, nodeboards, etc ....

#29560 1 year ago

Would believe PB pays Brian and dictates cadence/ engagement w both (obvious focus on their version to sort the issues).....thinking he did 1.4 on his own, and PB gave him permission to release.....

Code has to be different, dictated by what each takes to drive different components (indicator lights intead of center screen, mech vs. virtual ball lock, etc.)

He's a genious, and appreciate doing what he's done for the OG to this point.

#29561 1 year ago

Of course the code is different regarding on the hardware and features PB-ALIEN has and HW-ALIEN don't.
But as mentioned before, Rulesheet and Gameplay is the same.

#29562 1 year ago

For those who have a heighway Alien and want the interactive apron that is offered for the pinball brothers version, you can PM me for a Heighway version with mostly the same features.

I may do a new small run because there is a lot of demand for it.

#29563 1 year ago

First. Lol yes me faust, having only the apron. I would be happiest if I could have the complete lighting kit to finally really see this beautiful apron live with my flip. A big thank-you

#29564 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

For those who have a heighway Alien and want the interactive apron that is offered for the pinball brothers version, you can PM me for a Heighway version with mostly the same features.
I may do a new small run because there is a lot of demand for it.

Do you have pics or videos on action pls?
Thanks

#29565 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do you have pics or videos on action pls?
Thanks

#29566 1 year ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:Quoted from indigocc:

My friends Heighway Alien gives an error message when he turns it on.
The software is probably corrupted, so I want to re-image the SSD.
I have tried to find the base image, but can only find the updates.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?[quoted image]

More

Image is here... http://weirpinball.com/alien/hpa102.img.gz

Make sure you upgrade in sequence with the updates at ipdb.org

Just a quick update.

I bought a new 32GB MSATA SSD and a MSATA to USB adapter.
Wrote the image to it with a tool called Rufus.

And Alien booted right up. Problem solved.

1 week later
#29567 1 year ago

I come to share with you my little door modification that I find beautiful. Its a complete change from the original printed paper which was incredibly ugly.

IMG_20221119_080657 (resized).jpgIMG_20221119_080657 (resized).jpgIMG_20221119_080736 (resized).jpgIMG_20221119_080736 (resized).jpg
#29568 1 year ago

That's why I made these...

ALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdfALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdf

#29569 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

That's my I made these...
[quoted image]

Yes you gave it to me but I couldn't find to have it made in metal with the color.

#29570 1 year ago

Ah ok,

your plate looks really cool.

#29571 1 year ago

Yes the mirror effect is nice

1 month later
#29572 1 year ago

After years of sitting in storage, I finally got my OG HW Alien home. I need to order an I/O board and a playfield LCD for it to get it working again. While I'm at it, I figure I should order some spare parts. Can anyone recommend what I should get to insure that I can keep the game running even if PB goes out of business?

#29573 1 year ago
Quoted from MR-808:

After years of sitting in storage, I finally got my OG HW Alien home. I need to order an I/O board and a playfield LCD for it to get it working again. While I'm at it, I figure I should order some spare parts. Can anyone recommend what I should get to insure that I can keep the game running even if PB goes out of business?

I'm not sure if PB is currently making any parts for the HW Alien. Some of the mechanical parts might be similar but I'm not sure.

I would say don't stop at just getting one I/O board though. I would buy an extra 1-2 for backup in case one breaks in the future. Make sure to secure the USB cables to brackets, especially right before they plug into the I/O boards. You can find one that you can 3D print which will fit near the I/O board near the top of the playfield (Bottom of the playfield with it raised up). I have not had any I/O boards break on me but you can read horror stories of the connector breaking where the USB cable plugs in. Snagging some spare LEDs would likely be a good idea but the only source I know of is kind of expensive. I hope someone here can create a limited run in the future so I can buy some more as backup.

Others will likely chime in for parts I'm forgetting but right now I'm thinking I/O boards and LEDs. Other PCBs might be good but at a certain point it might be overkill. Main three PCBs under the playfield are unobtainium.

#29574 1 year ago
Quoted from MR-808:

You will almost certainly have LEDs fail on you - I had to replace more than 20 of them over the past 3 years.
free-play.se have most HW Alien parts but not the basic LED PCB for some reason. I have been buying the LED chip itself from eBay (WS2812B 5050 SMD 5V) and just cutting the dead ones off the pcb before resoldering a new one, though it is very fiddly...

#29575 1 year ago

Here in Germany we have one guy who redesigned and produced only a few of them.
He also has some thoughts and ideas to redesign the three big PCBs to have spare and being more effective to service them in the future.

1 month later
#29576 1 year ago

Little discussion had with pinball brother. We're not ready for an update unless one of us does.

IMG_20230201_140609 (resized).jpgIMG_20230201_140609 (resized).jpg
#29577 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

Little discussion had with pinball brother. We're not ready for an update unless one of us does.
[quoted image]

They have their hands full with trying to make Queen happen and not go bankrupt.
I would never expect Pinball Brothers to support the old Alien machine.

#29578 1 year ago

They can't even keep their Alien alive

Quoted from kciaccio:

They have their hands full with trying to make Queen happen and not go bankrupt.
I would never expect Pinball Brothers to support the old Alien machine.

#29579 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They can't even keep their Alien alive

Not true. There tech support is actually awesome!

#29580 1 year ago
79ksmh (resized).jpg79ksmh (resized).jpg
#29581 1 year ago

Don't write with Pinball Brothers about a possible update!
The only one person is Brian Dominy to help us in this case.
I have asked several times and he will get back to us if they have finished the software for the PB-ALIEN, then he is able to compare the code and do a breakdown for our HW-ALIEN.
We have to be patient...

"I don't think it will be soon. Pinball Brothers is keeping me busy with plenty of other things to do. I am keeping track of all the bugs that I have found that could be taken back to the Heighway model, but I have not had time to go back and test it all out."

#29582 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Not true. There tech support is actually awesome!

Yes, their customer service is great. i meant they seemed to be problematic.. maybe I'm over reacting tho.

#29583 1 year ago

I would like to make a remark, when he tells me that the scrypt is not the same. How come the same bugs appear on their version? An example on this video at the end when putting your initials the overlay is still not present on the video???? lol

I have another question I have a trigger that does not always detect the ball to revive it, did it happen to you too? Are there any replacement triggers? THANKS

#29584 1 year ago

Code can be ported and systems can have different functions because the hardware differs.
Basically everything is the same, gameplay, sound and graphics, but the PB-ALIEN can partly do something more and first the game code is developed there. What can then be transferred to the HW-Alien, Brian will then have to compare.

#29585 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Le code peut être porté et les systèmes peuvent avoir différentes fonctions car le matériel diffère. A la base tout est pareil, gameplay, sons et graphismes, mais le PB - ALIEN peut en partie faire quelque chose de plus et d'abord le code du jeu y est développé. Ce qui peut ensuite être transféré sur le HW-Alien, Brian devra alors comparer.

ok thank you

#29586 1 year ago

I need help and information please.

first of all I have a little problem with the detection of the ball at the level of the revive which is sometimes not detected, do you have a solution to improve the detection?

then I have a big problem with I think the IO BOARD which controls the airlock to return the ball and use the bumpers.
I have already changed the usb cable. but when I play at the beginning everything is fine and suddenly it doesn't work anymore. by rebooting it enlevels the default but it starts again after a few minutes. I may have fixed the cables but it continued to bug. do you think that the IO board is airlocked and faulty?

thank you very much for your help because it's really painful because it's impossible to finish a game
thanks again

#29587 1 year ago

Check all IO-Boards and interchange them each other. Improve the wiring and guide all USB-cables as far as possible from coils and power supplies.
Search in this thread for information how to connect the USB-cables to the mainboard.
A main reason for malfunctional behaviour of the IO-Boards is the fact, that they don't work properly on shared USB-connectors.
Every IO-Board should run on a separate USB-connector.
Take a closer look to the mainboard and you will find more USB-connectors... connect the IO-Boards via adapt terminals.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#29588 1 year ago

I did all this well I have a connector as you show but I could not install it because I do not have the legs circled in yellow. What is it called and what size do you need?
THANKS

764fac33d523f679c0ebacae5364e249da38645f (resized).png764fac33d523f679c0ebacae5364e249da38645f (resized).png
#29589 1 year ago

Yes, you need four longer hex-posts.

#29590 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, you need four longer hex-posts.

without asking you too much, do you know the exact dimensions you need because I searched and I found lots of different versions, thank you

#29591 1 year ago

I had the same problem and ordered different Hex-Posts. The lengths is not the problem, just measure the USB-terminal height and take the next fitting lengths of available Hex-Post, but you need the exactly thread.

2 weeks later
#29592 1 year ago

I have a question for the Heighway group. My Alien is recently having issues with the lower flippers either suddenly not working during gameplay or sticking in place until the ball drains. I reconnected the plug into the lower pcb that controls the flippers but it is still acting up. Any ideas? Thanks for any input!

Edit: must have been reseating the connection into the lower pcb, working fine now.
D48614FC-B963-40DC-9672-E897DCC483C3 (resized).jpegD48614FC-B963-40DC-9672-E897DCC483C3 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#29593 1 year ago

The alien apron that I made in small quantity a few years ago is now available at Evolution Mods in an improved version.

It is a fully interactive apron with ambush multiball, sentry multiball and jaw integration.
All effects can be tuned via software.

There is some info in their thread I think:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/32

and probably on their website: www.evolutionmodsllc.com
If someone is looking for a heighway apron, you can get them again.
I don’t have the game anymore unfortunately, but it was great having it in my collection.

#29594 1 year ago

Hey guys just curious.. I saw a video of someone able to backhand the right ramp with the right flipper on a LV version
can u guys do the same on your heighway machines?

#29595 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys just curious.. I saw a video of someone able to backhand the right ramp with the right flipper on a LV version
can u guys do the same on your heighway machines?

I can shoot right ramp on demand from 3 flippers, both lower flippers and the upper left flipper. So yes, backhand easily.

Also can make the vent across the playfield with the left upper flipper pretty reliably, modified (bent) the ball guide/entry.

Got an Alien still for sale in Oz.

#29596 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I can shoot right ramp on demand from 3 flippers, both lower flippers and the upper left flipper. So yes, backhand easily.
Also can make the vent across the playfield with the left upper flipper pretty reliably, modified (bent) the ball guide/entry.
Got an Alien still for sale in Oz.

Hmm I keep hitting the upper right flipper trying to backhand from the right lower flipper, maybe needs to be more leveled
thanks

#29597 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hmm I keep hitting the upper right flipper trying to backhand from the right lower flipper, maybe needs to be more leveled
thanks

I done alot of playfield work to the game. I was sick of shots not working. Now they ALL work.

I took the post away from in front of the upper right flipper, and adjusted it lower than standard, like not in line with the bat hole in the playfield. Can actually Shoot chestburster.

Also now and then accidental "In-Off" from Left Upper, assist Right upper, up the Right Upside-down ramp. Actually as I said it goes up the right ramp straight off the upper left flipper as well anyway.

1 week later
#29598 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

The alien apron that I made in small quantity a few years ago is now available at Evolution Mods in an improved version.
It is a fully interactive apron with ambush multiball, sentry multiball and jaw integration.
All effects can be tuned via software.
There is some info in their thread I think:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/32
and probably on their website: www.evolutionmodsllc.com
If someone is looking for a heighway apron, you can get them again.
I don’t have the game anymore unfortunately, but it was great having it in my collection.

As Faust states we are making a small run of the apron and beacon package for the original owners of the Alien machine. It can be found here in our pinside shop...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1440-evolution-mods/08164-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod-for-heighway-pinball

Thanks guys

#29599 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

As Faust states we are making a small run of the apron and beacon package for the original owners of the Alien machine. It can be found here in our pinside shop...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1440-evolution-mods/08164-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod-for-heighway-pinball
Thanks guys

awesome Im in on this! Do you need to update the 12volt on the heighway to make this work?

#29600 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Thanks guys

Was´nt the price for the original run from Vimtoman/Faus around 500 Euro/ Dollar ?
I am glad to have already one. War in Ukraine and Covis kills all prices in pinball

I think the "original" from the USA was around 900 and Faust/Vimtoman was the cheaper alternate.
Long time ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 592 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/592 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.