zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 588 of 601.
#29351 1 year ago

Rare to find and expensive, but try to get in contact with Free Play in Sweden.
I remember that I have bough the last two boards on Ebay a while ago.

#29352 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Update, tested the jaw pcb and it is bad. Swapped it into a working machine and jaw didn't work. So yup, needing a jaw board if anyone knows or has one!

I contacted Free play some time ago, no he doesn't have any. I bought two from here :

[Removed]

I have no idea if its legit or not, I haven't received anything, if I do I will let u know
Contact Mr Pinball (Wayne) in Australia, very nice person, he may have some left.

but once these are all gone what are we going to do? Im assuming the jaw board will go bad again in the future.

#29353 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Rare to find and expensive, but try to get in contact with Free Play in Sweden.
I remember that I have bough the last two boards on Ebay a while ago.

I may have to work a deal on a new PB pin owner and have them submit a ticket on theirs breaking

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I contacted Free play some time ago, no he doesn't have any. I bought two from here :
I have no idea if its legit or not, I haven't received anything, if I do I will let u know
Contact Mr Pinball (Wayne) in Australia, very nice person, he may have some left.
but once these are all gone what are we going to do? Im assuming the jaw board will go bad again in the future.

Ah man.......yeah thats 100% a scam website. Domain and IP were recently changed 5 times and registered as a Ghost IP. Id change whatever cards you used on there quickly if you used them.

#29354 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

I may have to work a deal on a new PB pin owner and have them submit a ticket on theirs breaking

Ah man.......yeah thats 100% a scam website. Domain and IP were recently changed 5 times and registered as a Ghost IP. Id change whatever cards you used on there quickly if you used them.

does the pB brothers use the same board??

#29355 1 year ago

Well I got my new board in the mail today but as u can see it has a white mount where the servo jaw wire goes and it doesn’t fit !

Does anyone know of an adapter I can use ?

30BE212C-F07B-4D8F-B760-44D2613BA1BD (resized).jpeg30BE212C-F07B-4D8F-B760-44D2613BA1BD (resized).jpeg

#29356 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I got my new board in the mail today but as u can see it has a white mount where the servo jaw wire goes and it doesn’t fit !
Does anyone know of an adapter I can use ?
[quoted image]

Well first off, let me finish eating crow about it being a scam site apparently. Now onto the task at hand. That looks exactly what is on my board....maybe there's different versions? My pin was one of the last 2 to leave the factory after it got locked up and was the latest LE ones.

#29357 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Well first off, let me finish eating crow about it being a scam site apparently. Now onto the task at hand. That looks exactly what is on my board....maybe there's different versions? My pin was one of the last 2 to leave the factory after it got locked up and was the latest LE ones.

I got this board from Australia other one still likely a scam if I get another one I will send to you

I think we need some sort of black 3 pin to micro 3 pin but not sure

#29358 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I got this board from Australia other one still likely a scam if I get another one I will send to you
I think we need some sort of black 3 pin to micro 3 pin but not sure

Oh, this one wasn't from that website you posted?

#29359 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Oh, this one wasn't from that website you posted?

The site really looks like scam !!

A mod should delete the link !

#29360 1 year ago

That's exactly what I mentioned before.
Change the wiring on the board as described a very long time ago.
If you want to use the new board, remove the housing, but don't wonder about the spacing of the pins - they are WRONG!
But this is the same on the original board where Heighway made a messy connection tight with glue!

Take care

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You can change the board very easy... unsolder the old connector.
Use an new Pin Connector, but you have to drill one hole for the Ground - take a very close look of the position on the board. Then solder two bridges from beneath of the board to the matching pins - that's it.
Then you can use standard servo drives and you have a much more stable connection!

Unbenannt (resized).JPGUnbenannt (resized).JPG

DSCN7227 (resized).JPGDSCN7227 (resized).JPG

DSCN7234 (resized).JPGDSCN7234 (resized).JPG

#29361 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I bought two from here :
[Removed]

Yeah, it looks scammy to me. You should probably alert your credit card company.

Quoted from TomDK:

The site really looks like scam !!
A mod should delete the link !

Removed.

#29362 1 year ago

Man wish I was an electrical engineer ! I’ll see if my pinball repair guy can do this for me
Thanks.

Can’t You just make some some of 3 pin to 3 pin adapter ?

#29363 1 year ago

This sounds very familiar to me. I recall when upgrading my Alien and getting the new jaw board a long time ago the connector from the Alien head did not fit the board. I think I ended up replacing the connector on the board or the connector on the Alien head so they were compatible. Everything worked fine after that.

Now that I think about it I might have replaced the connector on the Alien head side. I think the pitch was too wide for installing a compatible connector on the PCB so I just fixed it on the Alien head side. Anyway, it was awhile back so I might be off.

#29364 1 year ago

Found a board! Was told its the only one left. And with that being said, when it arrives.....adios Aliens LE#416. Played it 2 times since getting it NIB last year before Jaw stopped (due to PB's and their finite wisdom of putting incorrect fuses in the power board) and after selling my SE which I played a good amount. I'm just not gonna risk it with the parts availability dwindling and PB not making core components compatible with HWP versions where if any of those go....its SOL time. It was a grail pin, just always going to cringe when I hit the power button everytime and focus on sounds and if anything isnt working over just enjoying the darn thing, which means it'll never be played. I lost an insane amount over the HWP fiasco and lost my LE#426, and then to have PB pull the "never mind that person behind the curtain" trick and reappear with a new pin and leaving their old customers with just "vouchers to the jelly of the month club", it all took its toll on my enjoyment of it. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it more.

#29365 1 year ago

I still have a bout 20 Jaw boards left inc many other original parts inc Complete Xeno assy etc IO boards

#29366 1 year ago

I think, soon we will start a reproduction of an reengineerd JAW- and Stepper-board... maybe included into one board.

#29367 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Trust me the original Alien isn't even on their radar.

Only when they cobbled parts to make " LE"'s until stock was gone ( almost.. ..).

" building a better, more robust machine" my ass...

Just trying to suck every dollar out of a grail theme...

#29368 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Only when they cobbled parts to make " LE"'s until stock was gone ( almost.. ..).
" building a better, more robust machine" my ass...
Just trying to suck every dollar out of a grail theme...

Well, I paid 7,777 for my game and they have sent me so many care packages with the upgraded boards and controllers I don't think they made a profit on my machine.

#29369 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Well, I paid 7,777 for my game and they have sent me so many care packages with the upgraded boards and controllers I don't think they made a profit on my machine.

My point exactly.....didnt say they would be successful at it..they had all rights and a machine that was so close. If the chops and $$$ were supposedly there, its the game they could have finished, like WOZ, and built a true cornerstone on it...but...." care package" ..... fitting name.....

been able to move on from the bs, have a crazy rock solid game and enjoy it like none other....

#29370 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Found a board! Was told its the only one left. And with that being said, when it arrives.....adios Aliens LE#416. Played it 2 times since getting it NIB last year before Jaw stopped (due to PB's and their finite wisdom of putting incorrect fuses in the power board) and after selling my SE which I played a good amount. I'm just not gonna risk it with the parts availability dwindling and PB not making core components compatible with HWP versions where if any of those go....its SOL time. It was a grail pin, just always going to cringe when I hit the power button everytime and focus on sounds and if anything isnt working over just enjoying the darn thing, which means it'll never be played. I lost an insane amount over the HWP fiasco and lost my LE#426, and then to have PB pull the "never mind that person behind the curtain" trick and reappear with a new pin and leaving their old customers with just "vouchers to the jelly of the month club", it all took its toll on my enjoyment of it. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it more.

You've been in this community a long time, sad to see you go, especially now with your Alien back up to speed! I think mine was tweaked before I ever received it, and have had no problems. Congrats on finding the part!

#29371 1 year ago

I pretty much got chased out of the PB thread for being an ass and telling some of them donkeys that their game is a brick! But i have to agree with MK6PIN... it's a dream theme of mine as well and i can't help but keep checking out the colossal dumpster fire of issues HP keeps having with their version. They should of just hired a couple of you guys to tweak the heighway version... then we could ALL be playing this gawdamm beautiful pin! One day dammit! (Dare to dream!)

#29372 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I pretty much got chased out of the PB thread for being an ass and telling some of them donkeys that their game is a brick! But i have to agree with MK6PIN... it's a dream theme of mine as well and i can't help but keep checking out the colossal dumpster fire of issues HP keeps having with their version. They should of just hired a couple of you guys to tweak the heighway version... then we could ALL be playing this gawdamm beautiful pin! One day dammit! (Dare to dream!)

You have to remember there was absolutely, positively ZERO support or acountability for this pin....ever...except from the community. Sort of a testament of how good the game truly is. Many people never even got one....lost all their money...on and on. There was easily clearpath to complete the games from all the parts (which happened anyway) and hire legit support, etc. to see the original through. Wasn't the quickest way to cash the theme in......turns out the grass wasn't greener w a VE version.....

Anyway....I promise I'm getting motivation to get the interactive hypersleep chamber/ PF screen matrix off my bench and into my game. Life has been interesting for me last several months, but this is the last remaining feature I really wanted in the game.....too badass to let it go....mark

#29373 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anyway....I promise I'm getting motivation to get the interactive hypersleep chamber/ PF screen matrix off my bench and into my game. Life has been interesting for me last several months, but this is the last remaining feature I really wanted in the game.....too badass to let it go....mark

Hell yeah, I have been wondering when will your super secretive, bad-ass mod be ready. Anticipation is killing me...

#29374 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

I think, soon we will start a reproduction of an reengineerd JAW- and Stepper-board... maybe included into one board.

The machine will live...period...

#29375 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I still have a bout 20 Jaw boards left inc many other original parts inc Complete Xeno assy etc IO boards

Quoted from gprotein:

Hell yeah, I have been wondering when will your super secretive, bad-ass mod be ready. Anticipation is killing me...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#29376 1 year ago

I recieved and installed my ElFoil for the backglas from chucky87

The PRO
Installations was on a fly, fits perfect and the BG is nicely illuminated.
All was plug and play, y-adapter is included.
If you dont have the acrylic speakerpanels mounted it is a very nice, professionell illumination also for the LE backglas.

The CON
*IF* you have already the acrylic speakerpanels instead the wooden ones and added some LED stripes the nice mod is not usefull.
The acrylic speakerpanels in addition with extra LED have the same effect for less money and you can work on the brightness dependig which kind of LED you use.
So in my case the foil is a nice add-on but not needet due the acrylic in my machine, for all others with no acrylic: A must have !

What I will do:
I will disconnect the LEDs in the backbox and go with the ElFoil

IMG_4275 (resized).JPEGIMG_4275 (resized).JPEGIMG_4276 (resized).JPEGIMG_4276 (resized).JPEGIMG_4277 (resized).JPEGIMG_4277 (resized).JPEGIMG_4278 (resized).JPEGIMG_4278 (resized).JPEGIMG_4283 (resized).JPEGIMG_4283 (resized).JPEGIMG_4284 (resized).JPEGIMG_4284 (resized).JPEGIMG_4285 (resized).JPEGIMG_4285 (resized).JPEGIMG_4286 (resized).JPEGIMG_4286 (resized).JPEGIMG_4287 (resized).JPEGIMG_4287 (resized).JPEGIMG_4288 (resized).JPEGIMG_4288 (resized).JPEG

#29377 1 year ago

Thank you very much for your return. It makes me happy to see that my months of testing was not for nothing. Having only the standard version modify LE, but without the sides and backglass of the LE. Which is darker than the standard I was a little afraid of the result. You're right, those who already have the acrylic speaker door and the addition of LEDs, don't really need it. But you have to recognize that the acrylic still sees a little while with the backglass light no. The only small defect in my backglass that I found is also in the same place at the level of the speakers or at the level of the openings of the speakers which does not really plate on the backglass but I found a solution. I cut skate tips with double-sided sticker to press and it works very well. Thank you tomDK for your review. For other people do not hesitate to come and talk about it and as I say for good or bad. This will get things going.

IMG_20220604_125725 (resized).jpgIMG_20220604_125725 (resized).jpgreceived_248788473956678 (resized).jpegreceived_248788473956678 (resized).jpegreceived_469138981343542 (resized).jpegreceived_469138981343542 (resized).jpeg
#29378 1 year ago

On my game the speaker cutout area looks "white" due I still had the LEDs on and the acylic cutouts transport the light to the side. I am sure this effect will be gone after disconnecting the LED stripes.

#29379 1 year ago

Excited to begin the upfit this weekend. Given the LE translite leans to blue, I have an idea for the speakers. ....will post after install

#29380 1 year ago

Man Im reading all sorts of horror stories in the PB Alien thread. Some owners smooth sailing, but most others a complete shit show. I dont really understand how "re-engineered" it really is. Usually that term in my mind means things are tweaked and better. yes my Heighway alien jaw doesn't work, but I think I can get it working. I was thinking about selling my Heighway and going with LV but very concerning what Im reading over there.

#29381 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was thinking about selling my Heighway and going with LV but very concerning what Im reading over there.

You were what?

#29382 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man Im reading all sorts of horror stories in the PB Alien thread. Some owners smooth sailing, but most others a complete shit show. I dont really understand how "re-engineered" it really is. Usually that term in my mind means things are tweaked and better. yes my Heighway alien jaw doesn't work, but I think I can get it working. I was thinking about selling my Heighway and going with LV but very concerning what Im reading over there.

That's unfortunate. What kind of issues are people having?

#29383 1 year ago
Quoted from waywinn:

That's unfortunate. What kind of issues are people having?

Failing boards, cables and programming in the code

#29384 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Failing boards, cables and programming in the code

Some users were also saying that the cables werent crimped right causing malfunctions. Some blacked out screens or reboots during game play.

#29385 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Some users were also saying that the cables werent crimped right causing malfunctions. Some blacked out screens or reboots during game play.

Ironic as I've had basically no problems with my original.

#29386 1 year ago

Im sure it will improve with time
I think I will finally get my jaw fixed today and post my results w/ photos to help those who have same issue. crossing my fingers!

#29387 1 year ago

Got chucky87 EL installed in the backbox today ( great job!) kept Averell clear speaker holders, and crafted some nice blue surround leds ( match the blue in my apron lightboxes).

Machine looks pure badass now......tinkering w some video on my bench for pf screen...

20220611_123435 (resized).jpg20220611_123435 (resized).jpg
#29388 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:Got chucky87 EL installed in the backbox today ( great job!) kept Averell clear speaker holders, and crafted some nice blue surround leds ( match the blue in my apron lightboxes).
Machine looks pure badass now......tinkering w some video on my bench for pf screen... [quoted image]

beautiful, it makes me very happy that you like the backglass light. and your blue LED effect gives it a great effect. well done

#29389 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

beautiful, it makes me very happy that you like the backglass light. and your blue LED effect gives it a great effect. well done

Yes, the fit was spot on, plastic coating insulated well, and the light was incredibly uniform!!! Brought out certain aspects of the translite that weren't pronounced as well prior.

The blue fits the upper pf vibe of the game so well on the LE....if you look at the EL blade theme and other things, it truly belongs. Had always wanted them blue, and your kit made it easy....to isolate the speakers without bleeding...

Thank you again for doing this!!!!...mark

#29390 1 year ago

You guys make me very jealous! Beauty!

#29391 1 year ago

I too bought chucky87 EL backglass mod and installed it this past week in my ALIEN SE. The installation took just a few minutes. The result is AWESOME.

I appreciate the effort he took to provide this upgrade and I am thrilled how much of a difference it made in the overall look. Before and After photos are shown below.

Now if I could just find an upgrade for the backboard, my EL lighting would be complete.

0DCD7103-D86F-4652-9E72-4E4E4FE07E20 (resized).jpeg0DCD7103-D86F-4652-9E72-4E4E4FE07E20 (resized).jpeg985E4A42-5CB4-48BC-9D31-C69D1553D19C (resized).jpeg985E4A42-5CB4-48BC-9D31-C69D1553D19C (resized).jpeg
#29392 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You guys make me very jealous! Beauty!

Someday it has to happen Pinbud........

#29393 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Someday it has to happen Pinbud........

Yessir it does! Dare to dream.. that reincarnated version does not get me as excited as the O.G. version! You guys have done such an amazing job keeping this beast alive and should be proud of your efforts! The mods have been insanely awesome as well.

#29394 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Yessir it does! Dare to dream.. that reincarnated version does not get me as excited as the O.G. version! You guys have done such an amazing job keeping this beast alive and should be proud of your efforts! The mods have been insanely awesome as well.

One day the right machine will be yours. Cheering for you bud...

#29395 1 year ago

Thank you all for your positive feedback. thank you for trusting me. For those who would be interested, you can contact me in PM. wvpinball I'll see for the backboard.

#29396 1 year ago

This whole time I was waiting for my El for the backglass it was already sitting in my closet for two 2 weeks because I thought it was a cactus canyon backglass I ordered.
Silly me!

All installed and looks great, thanks Chucky !

IMG_6259 (resized).jpegIMG_6259 (resized).jpeg

IMG_6260 (resized).jpegIMG_6260 (resized).jpeg
#29397 1 year ago

Success! My jaw is now fixed.
After how many months.. no idea..

- Got a new board. Im not sure why the old board failed, but it did. I hope you guys come up with something for the future because who knows how long our jaw boards will last. Averill hope you come out with some long term solution for us!

- instead of messing with the housing or resoldering etc, I had an R/C expert from ebay make me this wire. The housing is specific but after trial and error he found me the right adapter and one the other end the servo connector. Now I can easily replace servos w/ no issues. Next project is to get metal servos\

-I may send in the old servo board to an expert just to get checked out why it failed

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#29398 1 year ago

Well done, I hope this will last for a while until we have upgraded spare.

#29399 1 year ago

My Alien LE came with a blue shaker motor. It doesnt really do anything and I think its broken, does anyone know where I can find a replacement

Am really enjoying my Alien with the help of this community, please keep it up!

IMG_6290 (resized).jpegIMG_6290 (resized).jpegIMG_6291 (resized).jpegIMG_6291 (resized).jpeg
#29400 1 year ago

Are you sure it is connected correct?

Validate the picture...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,999 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 588 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/588?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.