pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 586 of 601.
#29251 2 years ago

Never stuffed 3 in there at once, but the scoop has never caused an issue ( 2 in quite a few times) will test this week...

#29252 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Air Lock question
During multiball ( I avoid the airlock best I can) however if 2-3 balls go in there the coil has a hard time getting one out. Then it stops, ball search will do it's thing but no luck. Out comes the magnet.
Does anyone else have this issue? Any fixes?

The following post does a good job of describing the cause of the problem:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/527#post-5536987

Averell's description and solution is in the following posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/526#post-5517908
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/526#post-5518000
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/527#post-5536102

#29253 2 years ago

Don't play around with the coil settings.
The CPU itself detects the malfunction and increase the coil power... it's the same as shooter lane.
First you have to check if the plastic ball guide is installed in the airlock scoop.
If not, the balls fall back again in the support channel and then the game ist lost.

#29254 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Air Lock question
During multiball ( I avoid the airlock best I can) however if 2-3 balls go in there the coil has a hard time getting one out. Then it stops, ball search will do it's thing but no luck. Out comes the magnet.
Does anyone else have this issue? Any fixes?

Make sure your machine is leveled properly, even 1 degree off on mine and then it does this

#29255 2 years ago

@Averell, there is an stl to print in 3d the part to put in the airlock to no longer have a blocked ball?

#29256 2 years ago

Yes, sure... I can send you the files.

#29257 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, sure... I can send you the files.

Averell Can you pls send them to me as well?

Also: general question: since I’ve owned my Alien it will often fail to find any boot devices. Ends on this black screen on boot sequence (see pic).

Always resolves itself after a few reboots (usually one; sometimes two or three tries). File under “annoying” but not crippling.

I read through the entire post history when I first got it years ago and stay relatively up-to-speed following along. Don’t remember seeing this addressed; sorry if obvious/well-covered terrain.

b

51109C3D-F553-4FD9-9B4C-7663F4DB8A39 (resized).jpeg51109C3D-F553-4FD9-9B4C-7663F4DB8A39 (resized).jpeg
#29258 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Make sure your machine is leveled properly, even 1 degree off on mine and then it does this

I’ve stuffed 3 in there before and have the same problem. Now, I just shoot one in there and avoid hitting scoop until it ejects

#29259 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Averell Can you pls send them to me as well?
Also: general question: since I’ve owned my Alien it will often fail to find any boot devices. Ends on this black screen on boot sequence (see pic).
Always resolves itself after a few reboots (usually one; sometimes two or three tries). File under “annoying” but not crippling.
I read through the entire post history when I first got it years ago and stay relatively up-to-speed following along. Don’t remember seeing this addressed; sorry if obvious/well-covered terrain.
b
[quoted image]

Nothing specific to Alien that crosses my mind. Think 1.4 may have cured some initial, random boot failures....only experienced rests until I changed the 12vps.

See from your pic it has a limited translite but no plaque...maybe other things happening under the hood, as you said it's a pretty normal occurrence...just a guess. Reformatting and loading SSD a good start...@ Averell is the man ( documentation and attention to detail off the charts)!!

#29260 2 years ago

Ok Averell absolutely nailed the issue. Ended up getting Ambush and Sentry Multiball tried to avoid that area but ended up getting 3 balls in there.

Averell was spot on with how they were trying to eject. Now just gotta get the fix in place and boom!!!

#29261 2 years ago

A not working boot device is mostly a problem with incomplete updates or not fitting file structure.
My recommendation is to format and reinstall everything and install all updates one after the other.
But you should also take a closer look at the 12 volt power supply.... 150 watts is too weak and needs to be replaced.
This is a known problem and in combination with the thin wiring and bad connectors only a matter of time until the device resets or reboots. The power jack on the PC is also absolute garbage, instead you can use the Molex connector on the board and double the cross section, this halves the current flow at the contacts and makes the machine more stable. My suggestion is to fix the entire harness in the machine, because of bad wiring and connections. The most problem is the cross section.

#29262 2 years ago

Thanks Averell and @mk6pin. Mine is “prototype C” from the old Weyland Yutani thread. Still has the original wound transformer. Was in touch with knockerlover when I first bought it three years ago; have been putting off upgrading the power supply as it’s 99% stable (one reset during Ambush multiball years ago). And I honestly don’t play it much. But: like the idea of doing a clean SSD install with 1.4 and see if that addresses the boot issues (I’m still running 1.2). This Alien community is beyond incredible. Thanks for all of the collective help/wisdom.

#29263 2 years ago

Hope you get this fantastic machine back in action!

#29264 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Thanks Averell and MK6PIN. Mine is “prototype C” from the old Weyland Yutani thread. Still has the original wound transformer. Was in touch with knockerlover when I first bought it three years ago; have been putting off upgrading the power supply as it’s 99% stable (one reset during Ambush multiball years ago). And I honestly don’t play it much. But: like the idea of doing a clean SSD install with 1.4 and see if that addresses the boot issues (I’m still running 1.2). This Alien community is beyond incredible. Thanks for all of the collective help/wisdom.

Nice!!! Best of luck going at it....such an amazing machine!!!

2 weeks later
#29265 2 years ago

With Averells piece in the runway from the Xeno head, mine now can eject when 4 balls are in there. Before the bridge piece was installed, more than 2 in there meant taking the glass off.

#29266 2 years ago

Glad to read that it works!

#29267 2 years ago
Quoted from chucky87:

A complete blade lighting kit will soon be available. For those who would be interested contact me by PM
2 blades
1 backboard
1 inverter
1 connector for three element.
[quoted image]

I bought one of Chucky's blade light kits for the side and back panels and it works great! So much detail there I never saw before in those plastics. Quality product and so happy with this purchase. Thanks Chucky!

#29268 2 years ago

thank you very much @fossmine, it gives me great pleasure to see it was able to enhance your alien and that you like my kit. I will soon test an addition for this kit, which will allow it to highlight all its backglass and avoid all these dark parts which spoil these magnificent backglasses a little.

2 weeks later
#29269 1 year ago

Hi everyone here is my 1st backglass lighting test like the lighting of the blades and the backboard. Small modifications must still be made but already this changes everything and gives all its splendor to the backglass. It's up to you to make up your mind with the images.

1411585073 (1) (resized).png1411585073 (1) (resized).png1411585073 (2) (resized).png1411585073 (2) (resized).pngIMG_20220424_141653 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_141653 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_142855 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_142855 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_143013 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_143013 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_143403 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_143403 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_143408 (resized).jpgIMG_20220424_143408 (resized).jpg
#29270 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

Hi everyone here is my 1st backglass lighting test like the lighting of the blades and the backboard. Small modifications must still be made but already this changes everything and gives all its splendor to the backglass. It's up to you to make up your mind with the images.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just opened Pinside ( out of the loop for a bit). Outstanding!!!! Definitely interested!!!
100% in when you finish/ offer these....nice..

#29271 1 year ago

man thats awesome Im in for one!

how did you power it? Did you use a splitter from the lit art blade power source?

#29272 1 year ago

For the moment it is only a 1st test the dimensions are not perfect I had to make cuts and if you look closely on the left speaker I have to cut again. For the power supply it's the same as the blades and the backboard with a 4 adapter so no power supply to add.

I'll let you know as soon as a second test is done.

#29273 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful, add me to the list!

#29274 1 year ago

I'd be interested too.

QSS

#29275 1 year ago

I want one! Haha, is there no light bleed to the monitor?

#29276 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I want one! Haha, is there no light bleed to the monitor?

no, no leaks. this is why I want to succeed in having a perfect cut made before having it produced if necessary. then everyone will have to place it correctly with the backglass

#29277 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

no, no leaks. this is why I want to succeed in having a perfect cut made before having it produced if necessary. then everyone will have to place it correctly with the backglass

Awesome!! I could be your tester

#29278 1 year ago

Looks FANTASTIC!! I am definitely “in” when a list is available. Nice work!!

#29279 1 year ago

Also in !
Looks Great !!

#29280 1 year ago

Looks great! I’m in.

#29281 1 year ago

Just what the back glass needs, I'm in.

#29282 1 year ago

I’m interested as well depending on the cost shipped.

#29283 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:I’m interested as well depending on the cost shipped.

I don't have a definitive price but everything will be included. Currently the 1st test version that I just got was a bit expensive because you have to produce (the pattern) and it's not free. I'll let you know. Those interested, send me a PM to see with the number of people. Thank you

#29284 1 year ago

Huge shout-out to Sonic and the M&M creations team. My Heighway Alien’s right ramp switch was always finicky; mount would shift with gameplay and switch would eventually fail to register or worse - “drift” to the point where it physically stopped balls on the wireform. Given the right ramp is critical to gameplay, was a constant headache.

Matt and team created a magnetic reed switch (MRS) to replace the traditional micro-switch. Works like a charm. Very simple installation. No physical contact; expect it to stay put for good. HIGHLY recommended if anyone is having similar issues.

9230DA93-13DF-471F-9A4C-42D0C4A80242 (resized).jpeg9230DA93-13DF-471F-9A4C-42D0C4A80242 (resized).jpegB6100023-A14F-4E81-8084-47B71D51EF71 (resized).jpegB6100023-A14F-4E81-8084-47B71D51EF71 (resized).jpeg

#29285 1 year ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Huge shout-out to Sonic and the M&M creations team. My Heighway Alien’s right ramp switch was always finicky; mount would shift with gameplay and switch would eventually fail to register or worse - “drift” to the point where it physically stopped balls on the wireform. Given the right ramp is critical to gameplay, was a constant headache.
Matt and team created a magnetic reed switch (MRS) to replace the traditional micro-switch. Works like a charm. Very simple installation. No physical contact; expect it to stay put for good. HIGHLY recommended if anyone is having similar issues.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic!! Thanks for the testimonial - glad to be of help!! We love fixing problems with our MRS'!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#29286 1 year ago

Small question on the game play for the multiball ambush on the radar screen there is F.E.M.S Bottom left. What is the digit count? I don't understand what it's for thank you

#29287 1 year ago

If I remember correctly, the F.E.M.S. number tells you how many bugs are left to kill before you qualify Super Jackpot for the current attack wave. The C.K. values are player number / ball number.

(I have no idea what F.E.M.S. or C.K. mean, but they're on the Motion Tracker in the movie, so they're on the Motion Tracker here. )

#29288 1 year ago

Thank you but what do you mean by bugs?

#29289 1 year ago

Sorry: Bugs = Aliens, as in Hudson's line about this being a Bug Hunt.

For Ambush MB, it means the tracker dots, which correspond to Jackpots. So the F.E.M.S. number tells you how many Aliens you need to kill by shooting shots in one of the four quadrants, before Super Jackpot is lit.

As a reminder, the key to big scores in Ambush MB is preventing any Aliens from reaching the center -- if they do, your Jackpot value gets reset back to baseline. So you always want to focus on whichever quadrant is closest to the center.

(Sorry, chucky87 -- I wish I could describe this in French for you, but I think my high school French is inadequate.)

#29290 1 year ago

Thank you for your explanation, I understand perfectly now. I recognize that our language is not easy lol

#29291 1 year ago

Can anyone share the instructions for replacing the jaw motor? Specifically how to align the jaw to the servo motor horn. I cannot find them and am trying to help out my friend.

#29292 1 year ago

Finally found a replacement jaw board, I hope.
My jaw issues will soon be solved!

#29293 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

Fantastic! I´m in for one if it´s not too pricey

#29294 1 year ago

Hi everyone. The multiball all out war has anyone ever had it or seen it?

Pinballoo

For the price will be between 160 and 200 € the EL 4 in 1 connector and shipping included. The problem is there order quantity that's why I ask to send me a PM to then see how many people would be interested. Talk about it around you. I'm waiting for my new test version which has the location for the screws and new measurement.

IMG_20220508_204246 (resized).pngIMG_20220508_204246 (resized).png
#29295 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

The multiball all out war has anyone ever had it or seen it?

Yes.

#29296 1 year ago

So what should be done? And how to activate it?

#29297 1 year ago

All Out War is the final wizard mode. You'll need to play all 10 movie scenes and the other 4 multiballs to qualify AOW.

#29298 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

All Out War is the final wizard mode. You'll need to play all 10 movie scenes and the other 4 multiballs to qualify AOW.

Yup, I'll get that done just as soon as I complete Valinor on LOTR which should happen any day now..........any day

QSS

#29299 1 year ago

contact me by email because the pinside site does not accept more than 15 emails per 24 hours thank you

Hi

The final version of the inverter EL light backglass is OK. It is therefore available for order in pm. For those who have already sent me a PM, I'll send you the final info.

IMG_20220512_175918 (resized).jpgIMG_20220512_175918 (resized).jpgIMG_20220512_175949 (resized).jpgIMG_20220512_175949 (resized).jpg

#29300 1 year ago

I can only hope that the foil is protected against short circuit on metal parts and touch!
It would be messy if you get the 110 volts off or something breaks!

But really nice work

Take care

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 586 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/586 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.