IMG_20220424_143408 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220424_143403 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220424_142855 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220424_143013 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220424_141653 (resized).jpg
51109C3D-F553-4FD9-9B4C-7663F4DB8A39 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220304_070333.png

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 29,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 587.
#29151 4 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125883

New high sale record? Not an LE. MK6PIN he has our beautiful limited run apron also

#29152 4 months ago

Wow then my LE with mods and epron is worth 30k

#29153 4 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/125883
New high sale record? Not an LE. MK6PIN he has our beautiful limited run apron also

Beautiful example of the real deal. Apron not bad either... ....thanks for the props....it really exceeded my expectations..

Price isn't surprising....the few that got proper attention ( no care packages or even a factory for us) will definitely become unobtantium over time.

#29154 4 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Wow then my LE with mods and epron is worth 30k

Wrong apron, lol...still a beautiful game!! Decal thing you did looks sic!!! Props...

#29155 4 months ago

Haha you got me there

But still I think a LE alien is not worth 30k if some offers me 20 for my Le incl some extra parts and all mods etc it’s gone!

#29156 4 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Haha you got me there
But still I think a LE alien is not worth 30k if some offers me 20 for my Le incl some extra parts and all mods etc it’s gone!

Yea, original LE's will be most valuable, but pricing is out of hand....I've added up going rates on my lineup, kind of makes me ill....

Sometimes I think of just letting them all go, but probably get bored, then what.

Original, nice Aliens like yours will bring 20k all day long I'd think....just gives me heartache...

#29157 4 months ago

Better with clear darkgreen flipper buttons instead of the original pale green!

IMG_20220108_213018 (resized).jpg
#29158 4 months ago

Pfffff, these buttons are made of ALU... original from Williams, looks and feels fantastic.
No crap made of plastic!

DSCN7264 (resized).JPG

#29159 4 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

Pfffff, these buttons are made of ALU... original from Williams, looks and feels fantastic.
No crap made of plastic!
[quoted image]

I cannot keep up, lol!!! At least I know what apron you have, and what will be coming next in our games....

1 week later
#29160 4 months ago

I continue my restoration of my alien. I have a little problem with the bumpers I find them soft and sometimes do not react. especially the bottom one. I noticed that the skirts are soft if I change them do you think the sensitivity will be improved?

pop-bumper-skirt (resized).jpg
#29161 4 months ago

New PSU for my baby received !

IMG_20220116_091435 (resized).jpg
#29162 4 months ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

New PSU for my baby received ![quoted image]

Life is now good and quite reliable for you!!

#29163 4 months ago

great Jjlp you will tell us if it allowed you to no longer have a reboot.

2 weeks later
#29164 3 months ago

Quiet in here for awhile....

- Did some repair on my game this AM ( single LED @ " revive" position failed.

- very grateful for the glass magazine, as where my machine sits ( wanted on the end) I don't have to slide the glass out or move a machine to fully service.

- also, having each LED socketed on the PCB allowed me to simply change the failed part as opposed to changing an entire board, or pulling it and going to the bench to repair. Entire repair took about 15 minutes, glass to glass.

Point- There are some great ideas on this machine from a service standpoint....

Updates-

- Interactive chamber/ pf screen matrix mod coming along, but like everyone, time is very scarce....I will show the proto in action fully before deciding how many/ if I'll offer for others.

- I've found a great source ( in the states) to replicate the socketed LED boards. I'm going to invest time and resources, insisting on the best quality. Once finished, they will be available to all ( price tbd).

- The passing of Lyman has shook me hard ( along with the rest of our community of course). Reminded me how foolish we can get in here...arguing/ debating about nonsense, when reality hits you between the eyes.

- Though PB has made choices to naturally inspire divisiveness in Alienland, I hope the total Alien community can eventually find ways to help each other, despite the business model not being such.

- Just my Sunday morning soapbox and minor repair update...

#29165 3 months ago

Today i update my acrylic speakers panel with green ribbon led. I also échange the wire launch wire ramp for à New one.

Next step, upgrading my 12v PSU

received_465427665115463 (resized).jpeg
received_610955823333076 (resized).jpeg
received_469138981343542 (resized).jpeg
received_248788473956678 (resized).jpeg

#29166 3 months ago

MK I’m in on a chamber mod if you make !!
Also still loving my Alien. And yes division sucks. The world has gotten a bit crazy !

#29167 3 months ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

MK I’m in on a chamber mod if you make !!
Also still loving my Alien. And yes division sucks. The world has gotten a bit crazy !

I'm in too for a chamber, one shows on the thread was very cool. This one

d6eeaceb550ed04d0dde61767e1a40e85eea54c2 (resized).jpg
#29168 3 months ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I'm in too for a chamber, one shows on the thread was very cool. This one [quoted image]

That one is not mine, but similar approach ( w other elements). Don't think these ever got made...

#29169 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That one is not mine, but similar approach ( w other elements). Don't think these ever got made...

I'm hurry to see your hypersleep Chamber

1 week later
#29170 3 months ago

Very excited to finally have an Alien pin.

Such a beautiful pin.

Quick question it says it's on version 1.2 where do I find version 1.3/1.4?

Appreciate the help but really appreciative to those who kept Alien going!

PXL_20220207_234250252 (resized).jpg

#29171 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Very excited to finally have an Alien pin.
Such a beautiful pin.
Quick question it says it's on version 1.2 where do I find version 1.3/1.4?
Appreciate the help but really appreciative to those who kept Alien going!
[quoted image]

Give me your mail, i have it.
And please give me your serial number for the alien hw data base pinside thread

#29173 3 months ago

Sorry y'all are probably gonna be this effffing new guy.

With that thank you for all the help and those that have messaged me.

It's weird at times the back two eggs won't light up and then they do. They stay green (not sure if this correct where the front on changes colors).

Also the L&V weren't lighting up, replaced the led still nothing. Played a longer game and then all 3 eggs were lit and the L was permanently lit.

Wondering if it's a switch issue?

Again sorry if I'm frustrating or annoying. I'm used to Sterns and working on those.

#29174 3 months ago

You have an interuption in the LED chain.
Take a look in the manual, there's a section with an overview of all LED Chain and what IO-Board belongs to.

#29175 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Sorry y'all are probably gonna be this effffing new guy.
With that thank you for all the help and those that have messaged me.
It's weird at times the back two eggs won't light up and then they do. They stay green (not sure if this correct where the front on changes colors).
Also the L&V weren't lighting up, replaced the led still nothing. Played a longer game and then all 3 eggs were lit and the L was permanently lit.
Wondering if it's a switch issue?
Again sorry if I'm frustrating or annoying. I'm used to Sterns and working on those.

I've had a lot of trouble with the LEDs which seem to be running on the edge of their capability. One problem is that you can have an LED which appears ok but may not be passing the data through properly, casting blame on the ones further along the chain. Best diagnostic tool is the single lamp test mode. I've also had a dry joint on a LED socket, causing intermittent problems... Good luck.

#29176 3 months ago

Thank you for all the help.

Was a little nervous I was going to be made to feel like an idiot. Just the opposite lots of help and support.

Appreciate it!!!

#29177 3 months ago

On the single LED test none of the lights are working on this sector see picture.

What's weird is after a long game some of them will start working. When they do come on they just stay white and solid.

Time for me to do some diag.

PXL_20220208_230931313~2 (resized).jpg

#29178 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

On the single LED test none of the lights are working on this sector see picture.
What's weird is after a long game some of them will start working. When they do come on they just stay white and solid.
Time for me to do some diag.
[quoted image]

The good news = the LED's are as robust as most out there and individually socketed...this means you won't have to replace an entire board when one goes out. The bad news = they definitely can come loose, during travel, or if the game was never taken apart and were all seated properly to start.

Being these are all serialized, not parallel, troubleshooting can be a challenge as the main board is a bit difficult to pull and gain proper access.

In the pictures you posted prior, the eggs were not illuminated the same color. This indicates a potentially bad PCB LED in one of the eggs.

Tricky to diagnose even in single lamp test, as the culprit can actually be 2 or 3 positions in front or behind the problem spot.

Truly not that scary (just take your time), and remove all the boards 1 at a time, physically reseat every bulb (there are quite a few) then reassemble, minding to lace strain relief in the USB connections to the I/O boards upon reassembly.

A few hours of downtime will pay dividends in the long run, as you'll be very comfortable where the machine stands after you're done, and the lighting will be solid. ALL games eventually lose an LED or bulb over time...best to set a bar. I suspect you're dealing with some unknowns here.

The Alien community is very tight (though a lot don't post in here very much anymore), and happy to have you aboard!!!! Get some spares and happy hunting!!!!!

#29179 3 months ago

We are back in business!!!!

There was a lone wolf hiding behind the two boards. Replaced that and back to good!!!

Thank you for the guidance!!!

PXL_20220209_032218731 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_033208552 (resized).jpg

#29180 3 months ago

Hello who knows why the launcher does not turn on in part? It's normal ? During the tests there is one that allows you to turn it on, however.

IMG_20220210_193319.jpg
#29181 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

We are back in business!!!!
There was a lone wolf hiding behind the two boards. Replaced that and back to good!!!
Thank you for the guidance!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, I'm happy you got it working. I have had LED issues on mine periodically but mostly when I first got the machine. Over time if you stay on top of it the LEDs will become pretty solid. Most of my issues were related to poor soldering of the LEDs. That was actually my fault though, ha. I just resoldered them or replaced with a new one. I found testing LEDs on one of the single LED PCBs to the left of the playfield to be very helpful. After confirming that it works, along with the surrounding LEDs, I would move it to one of the more challenging locations. I ended up fixing them by using the single light test. It's a very useful tool.

#29182 3 months ago

It's a pleasure to have this tool to check single LED or switches, before they were replaced!
Sometimes new LED doesn't work properly, too.

DSCN8525 (resized).JPG

DSCN8535 (resized).JPG

#29183 3 months ago

Out with the old and in with the new.

I need to extend a couple of the wires to flip the power unit around.

Played a few long games with lots of multiballs and no resets so far. Thank you Averell & Mk6pin for the help on this.

Still wanting to do the capacitors for the flippers, shaker motor, knocker, and side foils.

Such an amazing theme and fun pin.

PXL_20220212_001908851 (resized).jpg
#29184 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Out with the old and in with the new.
I need to extend a couple of the wires to flip the power unit around.
Played a few long games with lots of multiballs and no resets so far. Thank you Averell & Mk6pin for the help on this.
Still wanting to do the capacitors for the flippers, shaker motor, knocker, and side foils.
Such an amazing theme and fun pin.
[quoted image]

Well done...maybe shoot a couple pics of under the playfield, so can sort what you actually have going on, which build you might have? PF date, any stickers on the back of the cab, etc.

Machine is as stable as any I own....just might want to take a peak under the hood, update software, etc. so you can unravel the rest....again, knowing what you're dealing with will help guide your journey.

#29185 3 months ago

O yeah I did forget to mention above. I did the 1.3 then the 1.4 code update today as well.

Looking at the pictures if y'all see anything you would do please don't hesitate to mention it.

What's weird is there are no stickers, serial plates, build date anywhere on this thing. I've looked all over and can't find anything.

PXL_20220212_044103033 (resized).jpgPXL_20220212_044108727 (resized).jpgPXL_20220212_044113627 (resized).jpgPXL_20220212_044119949 (resized).jpg
#29186 3 months ago

There is a sticker on the top of the playfield near the ball drain . Should say a date etc. And back of cabinet has a sticker but these are hit and miss in a later stage

#29187 3 months ago

At least there is a sticker on the playfield ... better than nothing

#29188 3 months ago

O yep sorry here's a better picture of that.

Yeah back of the pin there is nothing.

Today the Ladies tournament is at my house so Alien will get a good workout. Excited to see how it does with the new power supply.

PXL_20220212_122032844 (resized).jpg

#29189 3 months ago

I have #246 , that might mean that your Alien is not a very late model.

#29190 3 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I have #246 , that might mean that your Alien is not a very late model.

How many did HW get out the door?

#29191 3 months ago

No one knows exactly, around 200 .... ??!!
That is what IPDB says ...

#29192 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

O yeah I did forget to mention above. I did the 1.3 then the 1.4 code update today as well.
Looking at the pictures if y'all see anything you would do please don't hesitate to mention it.
What's weird is there are no stickers, serial plates, build date anywhere on this thing. I've looked all over and can't find anything.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good to see all matching blue I/O boards...tells you it's not too early, and most likely not built from container parts (not a guarantee obviously). Probably not a final HW standard build, but hard to really say. When the factory closes midstream of filling a container, anything could have been possible.

I can't overstate enough how important it is to use proper strain relief/ lacing on the USB connections to the boards (yours aren't). They will vibrate loose w gameplay as no mechanical lock, and was easily the biggest culprit in functionality issues w the game. A couple of well placed ladders and wire ties does the trick for a very reliable connection.

Believe with what you've shown, all the adds you mention are pretty straight ahead. Now that you've gone through the LED's and corrected the 12vPS, I'd personally move to the top and change ALL the acrylics to PETG (think sets are out there still). Guarantee there are some broken ones you're not even aware of, and turn into sharp glass on the pf. Prepare for much profanity, as some are a real pita to change....you will thank yourself later and have one less thing to worry about (yes, yes I'm aware PETG can break, but nothing like the acrylic currently in place).

My .02 cents....onward, and congrats for wanting to stay the course. The game is definitely worth it.....

#29193 3 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Oke here is the link. Please share but don’t sell any of these in your store or online!
I also included all the original apron files and promo stuff,flipper decals,ramp decals etc etc
For the backbox decals you have to measure your exact Size incl 2 mm on top/sides/bottom so you can wrap around the metal frame . Also cut the image size to what you want to see. So more the front or the back of her helmet. Don’t resize the image or her face will be stretched etc.you can make her a bit bigger if you want to have her more up or down. I love the looks how I got here now,she is the middle of the monitor look up. Use the original file it’s 1000x6200 resolution you will get verry crisp image when print.
https://we.tl/t-wqQLt8MxNJ
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have been out of the loop for several months, just now spent about 2 hours catching up on this thread, really like the side art, tried to use the above link to download the files, but looks like something has expired, any chance I could get them now?

My Alien has been sitting for over 3 years, but I have now moved it into my basement and am going to start working on it, it might be one of the more unusual ones out there, definitely an early import, was demo-ed at the NW Show in 2016 or 17 when it was still really a prototype, then went from there to Dave Thiel's house where he used it to complete his work,(up until then he had never had a machine to actually see what he was making sound for!!) It then came back to the distibutor who upgraded a lot of things, and then finally to me, but due to circumstances I've never had it set up

Anyway, I now hope to be able to get it up and running, I've accumulated several aftermarket parts and mods for it, and now time to get it playing!

#29194 3 months ago

I will upload my sideart again in a few days for you

#29195 3 months ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I have been out of the loop for several months, just now spent about 2 hours catching up on this thread, really like the side art, tried to use the above link to download the files, but looks like something has expired, any chance I could get them now?
My Alien has been sitting for over 3 years, but I have now moved it into my basement and am going to start working on it, it might be one of the more unusual ones out there, definitely an early import, was demo-ed at the NW Show in 2016 or 17 when it was still really a prototype, then went from there to Dave Thiel's house where he used it to complete his work,(up until then he had never had a machine to actually see what he was making sound for!!) It then came back to the distibutor who upgraded a lot of things, and then finally to me, but due to circumstances I've never had it set up
Anyway, I now hope to be able to get it up and running, I've accumulated several aftermarket parts and mods for it, and now time to get it playing!

Nice!! You'll have a great story to go with your game...all the best in reviving it!!

#29196 3 months ago

Most of my posts probably have gone over a hundred times. So for those getting annoyed it's not my intention to annoy you.

Going to install MK6PINs tubing formula for cooling. Yesterday during the tournament things started acting weird. Turned it off for a few hours all was well. The air coming out of the coin door was way hot. Been toying with the idea of adding a fan on the back to suck out heat. I will install the tubing first and see if that remedies the issue.

Just ordered Vimtoman's Tracker Mod.

Everyone who played the pin was in AWW of it and couldn't believe the depth and theme.

Now if I could just snag a cool apron lol

Screenshot_20220213-103353 (resized).png

#29197 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Most of my posts probably have gone over a hundred times. So for those getting annoyed it's not my intention to annoy you.
Going to install MK6PINs tubing formula for cooling. Yesterday during the tournament things started acting weird. Turned it off for a few hours all was well. The air coming out of the coin door was way hot. Been toying with the idea of adding a fan on the back to suck out heat. I will install the tubing first and see if that remedies the issue.
Everyone who played the pin was in AWW of it and couldn't believe the depth and theme.
[quoted image]

You'll drop 20d F and convection is indeed your friend breaking a pretty intense air wall.

On my " to do" list for negative pressure manifold/ fan, but this has worked so well I really haven't been that inspired....

Can't help w the apron, as they're long gone....think there was 1 of the 25 being sold awhile back by someone who never installed it...admittedly not a beginner plug and play mod, but was carefully done and works perfectly for it's intention. Sealed light boxes w weapon indicator, Lior sculpted medallion, true Xenon flashers on the backboard...freakin back zinc plated.

Thought it was expensive back then ( donated a nice chunk to Pinside)...actually lost about $50 each when all was said and done....something like that would probably go for twice that today....way too much time that I don't have to ever make another batch...

Gotta get my new toy finished someday...

#29198 3 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

[quoted image]

Quoted from dgpinball:

Welcome to this thread and this neat little community fellas. I feel this thread is heading to positive and productive direction from here onward finally which is wonderful. The negativity and bickering ppl have since gone, and we have the true fans left to appreciate and help each others on this great game (still underrated IMO).

#29199 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You'll drop 20d F and convection is indeed your friend breaking a pretty intense air wall.
On my " to do" list for negative pressure manifold/ fan, but this has worked so well I really haven't been that inspired....
Can't help w the apron, as they're long gone....think there was 1 of the 25 being sold awhile back by someone who never installed it...admittedly not a beginner plug and play mod, but was carefully done and works perfectly for it's intention. Sealed light boxes w weapon indicator, Lior sculpted medallion, true Xenon flashers on the backboard...freakin back zinc plated.
Thought it was expensive back then ( donated a nice chunk to Pinside)...actually lost about $50 each when all was said and done....something like that would probably go for twice that today....way too much time that I don't have to ever make another batch...
Gotta get my new toy finished someday...

Hehe I got your very last unit of that masterpiece apron, truly a work of art and collaboration of several well respected pinball mod creators. Looks way way better than the one coming out for the PB version.

#29200 3 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Hehe I got your very last unit of that masterpiece apron, truly a work of art and collaboration of several well respected pinball mod creators. Looks way way better than the one coming out for the PB version.

Indeed, MK6PIN's apron turned out pretty awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 29,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 587.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!