• 26,958 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by koops
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,394 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4BC6A8AC-05EA-4DC8-AF58-5301504336D4 (resized).jpeg
7ECA8D14-E8C1-4BBE-B5D7-819A8A9CB6FD (resized).jpeg
CF3024B0-5E1C-46D5-91CB-E7AC61A7E8CE (resized).jpeg
5E980883-925F-431F-A571-5F76F1539478 (resized).jpeg
6D23FF27-3B1E-4352-8EFE-9FF7738910AF (resized).jpeg
Antipop (resized).JPG
williams green translucent 3-D retangular target (resized).jpg
4537E60F-3D5F-48CD-9BE7-A6EB7DF7383A (resized).jpeg
D9F5F7A4-37FA-4E2F-B6BB-FD1505360064 (resized).jpeg
A2EABD8D-36DE-4AAE-A4FF-5257E2B976BC (resized).jpeg
7BE9F0B7-35C7-4D8E-91A6-9164B6977372 (resized).jpeg
1E17AC65-D6CC-4201-B5AB-ED282590B60F (resized).jpeg
1B40711B-202A-4B25-A33E-337FDC9783AD (resized).jpeg
e730c549cc0b5dffff36a17eccee1f98f54dc63d (resized).jpg
E248DB75-D77E-4476-9982-2FB21CA7521B (resized).jpeg
487E0347-F490-47F7-9F15-35D2A4B717A9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 26958 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 540.
#2851 4 years ago

Thanks all but I need to locate the width of the cabinet. Not sure if the backglass can be separated from the cabinet.

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Thanks all but I need to locate the width of the cabinet. Not sure if the backglass can be separated from the cabinet.

Might help to post the problem you're trying to deal with. A narrow doorway?

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Not sure if the backglass can be separated from the cabinet.

Yes, head comes separate...if that helps?

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does anyone have a link detailing the size dimensions of the Heighway pinball machine? I am trying to ensure I can fit it into the room
Jim

I'd like to know this as well. Just so I can start picking out a space for one should I buy it.

These should be more compact length wise I would think due to not having the traditional backglass/box setup.

#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Quoted from Sticky:

I'd like to know this as well. Just so I can start picking out a space for one should I buy it.
These should be more compact length wise I would think due to not having the traditional backglass/box setup.

Here you go, Internet is your friend :

Full Throttle Measurements:

Height: 75 1/2"
Width: 27"
Length: 55"
Weight: 250lbs

Please ensure you fully check that a pinball of this size will fit into your intended location.

Here is the source:
https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/new-pinball-machines/full-throttle-pinball-machine.html

#2856 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-in-the-mother-fn-house

Check the pics and assembly...the machine will be very similar in size to others if not the same in length. The head is thinner but sits back and lines up with the back of other games it appears.

#2857 4 years ago

Should easily fit in any one's home.

Alien.jpg

#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Alien.jpg

That's the South American Taito knockoff version.

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Might help to post the problem you're trying to deal with. A narrow doorway?

Yes. Sorry I should have been more clear. I was trying to figure out the doorway entrance. Thanks to everyone who posted info . Sooooo pumped to see the playfield art Aurich !

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Yes. Sorry I should have been more clear. I was trying to figure out the doorway entrance. Thanks to everyone who posted info . Sooooo pumped to see the playfield art Aurich !

Hopefully it fits! I hope to hear from Fox soon, that much I can pretty much count on. I just can't count on what they'll think of it.

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hopefully it fits! I hope to hear from Fox soon, that much I can pretty much count on. I just can't count on what they'll think of it.

Make it fit!!!....and suspect Fox will love the playfield!!!

#2862 4 years ago

Ooh looks what's showing at the bar

--Jeff

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

and suspect Fox will love the playfield!!!

Call the number on the back of the DVD and tell them that!

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Call the number on the back of the DVD and tell them that!

I shall!!!

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Alien.jpg

Boo Boo

#2866 4 years ago

I measured ..... 29" door width, so I have 2" to spare!!!!

#2867 4 years ago

I'll pop back into this thread when there's relevant updates...

#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'll pop back into this thread when there's relevant updates...

As soon an we're able to we will, still waiting on Fox's feedback. I expect it soon though. Depending on what they say I'll try and give some kind of update, without actually getting into details that I'm not able to share publicly.

Here's what I can say:

Andrew is in Florida, showing off Full Throttle. I'm hoping when he returns we'll have some word from Fox that will give me an idea of what more I need to do with the playfield.

Meanwhile there's a lot of other stuff being worked on that's just not things we can show. Like I can't share with you the storyboards for the animation, they have things that aren't approved yet, so showing them publicly would create problems. If not with Fox, then with expectations.

It's got to be hard for all of you to be watching from the outside when there are things that involve legal realities that we just can't discuss. But it's all part of progressing the game forward. Things are happening even though we're being pretty quiet right now.

At some point though we'll definitely need to release a teaser video with some approved video clip examples so you can get a sense for what's coming. I think we need final playfield art though first. The way the screen is embedded in the playfield means it needs context.

#2869 4 years ago

Not getting responses from Heighway (via email) to questions about game progression. Given recent history of prepay pinball, I find this disconcerting. Deposit on LE game more than 3 months ago.

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Not getting responses from Heighway (via email) to questions about game progression. Given recent history of prepay pinball, I find this disconcerting. Deposit on LE game more than 3 months ago.

All news that is availible to the public is in this thread. I would speculate that they get hundreds if not thousands of emails asking the same questions over and over and they have to answer with the same response that is availible on many forums and that the person asking probably already knows but wants some other insight not availible in a public setting. I personally would never have the patience for what some of these manufacturers go through. The great part is, if I am nervous or not interested in waiting any longer I can very eisly get my money refunded. No offense to Heighway, PPS, JJP or anyone else for that matter but I don't put a deposit on anything with money I can't handle loosing worse case scenario. That allows me to just sit back and wait without overly stressing about it. It comes when it comes and hopefully I'll like it. If not, it goes away and I move on to the next. I don't need my hobby adding any drama or stress to my life, those are usually called "jobs".

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Pull the rip cord!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, read the thread. This new machine business is painfully slow for some reason. It would have to be an elaborate scheme to steal your money since they have another game out that they are actively promoting. Get your money back and wait until it's done. They won't sell out until they show gameplay and art at least...or buy a Full Throttle now and play it until the Alien playfield is available and drop it in your Full Throttle...lots of choices here.

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Kudos to you for ordering a Full Throttle "LE." You might be one of the elite first to own one!

What number did you get?

Edit: Wait.. are you talking about Alien? Ohhhhhh... Target date for production was recently given as being around Easter.

#2873 4 years ago

I'm all about an Alien LE pin and when it was announced that the small LCD would be available I wanted that, even over the more recently announced Giant LCD option. I've had and still have plenty of time to anticipate and dream about what this "Super Pin" is going to be like.

I've decided against adding an LCD altogether now. I'd rather have the design experience Heighway intended with the playfield LCD only and stay true to their original design philosophy innovation they created the company behind. I want to be dependant on and fully encounter a different playing experience with this Alien pin as opposed to what the industry has been continuously producing forever. In other words, I don't want to move (nor be tempted out of habbit to move) my attention away from the playfield anymore.

The only way my mind changes is if Aurich does something nuts with a swing and a miss with the 35th Anniversary artwork that is placed where the small LCD would go and I would rather not see it. I'm confident that won't be the case with Aurich's professed love for this theme.

There has been some scuttlebutt about possibly introducing a 3rd possible different original video feed via USB for another LCD as opposed to just a duplicate mirroring feed some where down the line after Alien has been in production for some time. I don't believe this will come to fruition on the Alien title. If it were to, hell yes I would add the 3rd LCD option at that point. But again, seems unlikely as most of the rules and modes were already designed and planned a year ago for this pin.

Being an Alien franchise nut myself my expectations surrounding the Alien pin are self admittedly at a fanboy high level. But I have faith in your judgment and art skill Aurich.

#2874 4 years ago

How can people order a pinball machine without have seen general artwork and playfield?

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

How can people order a pinball machine without have seen general artwork and playfield?

I hope your not assuming I already ordered. I is smort.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

There has been some scuttlebutt about possibly introducing a 3rd possible different original video feed via USB for another LCD as opposed to just a duplicate mirroring feed some where down the line after Alien has been in production for some time. I don't believe this will come to fruition on the Alien title. If it were too, hell yes I would add the 3rd LCD option at that point. But again, seems unlikely as most of the rules and modes were already designed and planned a year ago for this pin.

I believe a 5 inch LCD is part of one of the playfield toys. Add the 10.1 inch playfield LCD and a backbox LCD and that makes 3 video feeds for Alien.

Maybe Andrew can update us how this is going to be handled by the hardware.

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Andrew traveling a bunch, lots going on behind the scenes, Alien wise (I suspect), but really don't feel alarm bells. Games have shipped ( Full Throttle)....things are moving..I view this more as " refundable deposit for what I want" pinball..Heighway making it's own model...

#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I believe a 5 inch LCD is part of one of the playfield toys. Add the 10.1 inch playfield LCD and a backbox LCD and that makes 3 video feeds for Alien.
Maybe Andrew can update us how this is going to be handled by the hardware.

You can backtrack in this thread and find your answers. But to summarize, the heighway video system can do two original different video feeds. That's what it was designed to do and that's what it will do. If you add an additional LCD in the back box it can't provide an original different video feed for that. Thus it just mirrors and duplicates the playfield LCD for the optional LCD you can buy additionally for the back box via a video splitter adapter.

#2880 4 years ago

Meh...$1500.00 refundable deposit...there's a fair amount of info posted....and I've seen the theme/ believe in a legit manufacturing company......suspect once playfield is approved, the next update will be strong. Some have been fortunate to " see" some amazing stuff...get in or wait?......I don't judge either way.....

I do agree w Underlord, that we ( including me) are sort of rehashing the same shit.....I was early in on an LE, 100% going w big screen, will wait on hardware choice .......

I'll slow down on defending or " justifying" my path with this title.....really no need....mark

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

You can backtrack in this thread and find your answers. But to summarize, the heighway video system can do two original different video feeds. That's what it was designed to do and that's what it will do. If you add an additional LCD in the back box it can't provide an original different video feed for that. Thus it just mirrors and duplicates the playfield LCD for the optional LCD you can buy additionally for the back box via a video splitter adapter.

I know what is in the thread and other info around, no need to educate me

Do not think Heighway's technology will not evolve. So it could well be possible that in the very near future the hardware supports 3 independent HDMI connections.

Maybe we will hear about this in an upcoming update.

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll slow down on defending or " justifying" my path with this title.....really no need....mark

You don't have to defend or justify anything. You're just holding a LE spot for your dream theme and its only 1500 that's refundable if you change your mind. Big deal.

Putting the Alien theme in a pinball machine is a no brainer. It's never been done before. This theme has a remarkable wealth of unlimited potential and rich atmospheric possibilities built into it already.

You have to recognize that this has to be treated as a holy grail pinball machine that's going to put a ton of cabinets out there for heighway to later accept other playfields. They know this, they know it has to succeed exceptionally, they're doing everything necessary to make that so. Fortunately Andrew is an alien nut as are his team members creating this pin.

This is in good hands and I wholeheartedly believe it is going to rock the pinball world fan base. Maybe I feel this way because I'm an alien nut too. Is there anyone out there that doesn't think the Alien franchise would work fantastically in a pinball machine? Really? Anyone?

#2883 4 years ago

I know what is in the thread and other info around, no need to educate me
Do not think Heighway's technology will not evolve. So it could well be possible that in the very near future the hardware supports 3 independent HDMI connections.
Maybe we will hear about this in an upcoming update.

No offense intended. This would be wonderful. I'm onboard totally. I just don't feel that will happen close enough to the Alien release. I would love to be proved wrong though.

Andrew did address this and said they could consider looking at using a USB video feed for future games if they needed to go with 3 but was doubtful Alien would be affected. I watched his explanation on a video link where the question was posed to him from an audience member while he was speaking. Come to think of it I may have been the one feeding that line of questioning remotely as it was happening, if I recall correctly.

I love the interwebs.

#2884 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

No offense intended. This would be wonderful. I'm onboard totally. I just don't feel that will happen close enough to the Alien release. I would love to be proved wrong though.
Andrew did address this and said they could consider looking at using a USB video feed for future games if they needed to go with 3 but was doubtful Alien would be affected. I watched his explanation on a video link where the question was posed to him from an audience member while he was speaking. Come to think of it I may have been the one feeding that line of questioning remotely as it was happening, if I recall correctly.
I love the interwebs.

None taken. It is our enthusiasm

Please note that the big screen implementation 'came falling out of the sky' and I believe it only took them a few weeks to implement this.

Due to the modular build of Heighway's pins a lot is possible. Maybe we will get spoiled with the full option package with Alien. Time will tell.

If all is in line with the playfield art (let's hope this gets approved soon) Alien will stand high above all what is currently available. Man, looking forward to the total reveal of this pin

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Andrew's email inbox blows up regularly, I don't use it as a method to reach him myself. Honestly though I dunno what else you want to hear, I'm publicly updating everyone right now. Read what I just wrote above. Playfield at Fox for approval. Working on code and animations and storyboards and sound etc. Nothing can be shown on those at this time.

I get that people want updates, totally understandable. And people want to be reassured that the game isn't vaporware. It's real, it's being worked on, it's not done, and we can't show the in progress because we don't have things approved yet. That's the current progression.

When we have more approved we'll show it I'm sure.

#2886 4 years ago

If all is in line with the playfield art ( let's hope this gets approved soon) Alien will stand high above all what is currently available. Man, looking forward to the total reveal of this pin

+1

I'm just going to say it out loud, when the full Alien reveal comes it's just going to crush any competition unfortunate enough to coincide with it's timing.

And having a playfield swapping foundation built into it is just gravy. It's going to be quite a doozy for the other manufacturers to contend with.

Competition is good for us all.

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Meh...$1500.00 refundable deposit...there's a fair amount of info posted....and I've seen the theme/ believe in a legit manufacturing company......suspect once playfield is approved, the next update will be strong. Some have been fortunate to " see" some amazing stuff...get in or wait?......I don't judge either way.....
I do agree w Underlord, that we ( including me) are sort of rehashing the same shit.....I was early in on an LE, 100% going w big screen, will wait on hardware choice .......

when are The following payments?
Personnaly i will wait to see a artwork to take a décision.

#2888 4 years ago

Initial Deposit: £1,000 / US $1,500 / €1,500
50% Payment: Due in week of manufacture
Balance minus deposit and any fees applicable: Due prior to shipping

http://heighwaypinball.com/storenew/

#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As soon an we're able to we will, still waiting on Fox's feedback. I expect it soon though. Depending on what they say I'll try and give some kind of update, without actually getting into details that I'm not able to share publicly.
Here's what I can say:
Andrew is in Florida, showing off Full Throttle. I'm hoping when he returns we'll have some word from Fox that will give me an idea of what more I need to do with the playfield.
Meanwhile there's a lot of other stuff being worked on that's just not things we can show. Like I can't share with you the storyboards for the animation, they have things that aren't approved yet, so showing them publicly would create problems. If not with Fox, then with expectations.
It's got to be hard for all of you to be watching from the outside when there are things that involve legal realities that we just can't discuss. But it's all part of progressing the game forward. Things are happening even though we're being pretty quiet right now.
At some point though we'll definitely need to release a teaser video with some approved video clip examples so you can get a sense for what's coming. I think we need final playfield art though first. The way the screen is embedded in the playfield means it needs context.

I meant the usual Pinside silliness in posts, not actually referring to any rushed info from Heighway. But appreciate the thought Aurich.

It's frustrating seeing that 35 new posts green on the forum page and then sifting through, well, you know, our crap.

#2890 4 years ago

Initial Deposit: £1,000 / US $1,500 / €1,500
50% Payment: Due in week of manufacture
Balance minus deposit and any fees applicable: Due prior to shipping
http://heighwaypinball.com/storenew/

Due in week of manufacture: do we know when is about?
Thanks

#2891 4 years ago

Between now and next December...or later

#2892 4 years ago

Thanks

I believe Andrew mentioned Alien production around Easter at one of his show presentations recently. So, end of March?

alien_easter_logo_by_pr3t3nd3r-d8oheet.jpg

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I believe Andrew mentioned Alien production around Easter at one of his show presentations recently. So, end of March?
alien_easter_logo_by_pr3t3nd3r-d8oheet.jpg

Believe TPF is a must for me.....

#2894 4 years ago

My dad saw pic of pf art yesterday on andrews phone and said it looked awesome.

#2895 4 years ago

That is totally rational and more than fair. I have a deposit down, And the strong reasoning behind my staying in on this is due to Andrew not needing the deposit money or timed payments to keep the game build progressing. Learned that lesson on JJP. Also, not requiring massive payments upfront, learned that lesson from SKITB. Seems up to this point Heighway's only setback was over enthusiastic announcement of timing of theme. Can't fault Andrew for that since he's a huge Alien fan I guess.

#2896 4 years ago

I'm excited, Andrew is as transparent as they come, at least to myself. I am an early adopter of Heighway and guarantee every Heighway table will be at my location as soon as available. Thanks for the updates, our customer based is very very excited for Alien. May even make you a few customers for the home environment. Best.

C

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'm excited, Andrew is as transparent as they come

You can see right through him. He's almost invisible!

#2898 4 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that Andrew replied to my e-mails perfectly while they where waiting for a transfer flight. Sometimes it is just not convenient to answer all mails. With all the asking for progression, how can they progress ??? When there is absolute silence then I would get it but Heighway is very nice with the information about what they are doing.

Do not get me wrong: if something takes too long, I want answers also, but with Pinball machines sometimes there just is not much to tell. And Heighway seems to me to be the only producer that really gives answers when they can, also here on Pinside.

#2899 4 years ago

Cant wait for this pin. But haven't we learned about release dates yet? Unless it's from Stern, add at least 6 months to the date promised. Easter? Hope so. I would guess more like August / September. There are always unforeseen delays.

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Cant wait for this pin. But haven't we learned about release dates yet? Unless it's from Stern, add at least 6 months to the date promised. Easter? Hope so. I would guess more like August / September. There are always unforeseen delays.

i am in for the longhaul. 1500 is not alot of money to guarantee your spot. i got plenty of toys to keep me busy in the meantime.
i want this to be a great pin- great art, theme and gameplay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
14,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.95
There are 26958 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 540.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside