DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 578 of 601.
#28851 2 years ago

At Oneangrymo:

Remove the gear, drill a 3mm threat and use another neodym magnet... leave the screw a bit longer to be able to adjust the distance to the playfield magnet.

DSCN7321 (resized).JPGDSCN7321 (resized).JPG

DSCN7344 (resized).JPGDSCN7344 (resized).JPG

DSCN7360 (resized).JPGDSCN7360 (resized).JPG

DSCN7722 (resized).JPGDSCN7722 (resized).JPG

#28852 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Here is the big cost saving LE to bring maximum of profit without any risk nor change.
Seriously, this is a joke, right? 4 years after the HW Alien, here is the big reveal this featureless pin...
HW owners, keep your treasure. Wow.

For sure... I'll keep my HW! Thanks for your comments about my IJ

#28853 2 years ago

I don't own either versions and know many have contributed to the OG Alien success, but Averell is a true resource to you guys and gals. JS.

#28854 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

At Oneangrymo:
Remove the gear, drill a 3mm threat and use another neodym magnet... leave the screw a bit longer to be able to adjust the distance to the playfield magnet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted
[quoted image]

You are probably a master of trolls… definitely a master of alien .

#28855 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't own either versions and know many have contributed to the OG Alien success, but Averell is a true resource to you guys and gals. JS.

Yep, Averell is a true asset to this title and our pinball community. We salute you!

#28856 2 years ago

We are all happy that you did a update on Alien in the past and looking forward for other code.
From the past we know that PB has no problem with new code and now have their logo on the machines
If it is a matter of money, we also offered you a "fee" in the past for all your work. So if the PB agree that you work on the code but will not pay (due its not "their" machine) I am sure the community will donate your work.
For me (normal player) there is nothing wrong with the actual code butthe hardcore owners should have some more small issues.

Thanks for all your work !
Alien is a very special machine !! I have some other pinballs but Alien .....

Quoted from bcd:

Very true. There have been maybe two dozen minor bug fixes which could be applied back to the HW code. And nearly all of these are issues that I've never seen reported before by anyone. They are mostly rules/lighting bugs and won't do anything to make broken hardware behave any better.
There are two exceptions that I can think of: we changed the logic on the upper loop to score on a single switch instead of requiring both of them, so super jackpots are more reliable. And we improved the timing on the magnet ball grab so that it works more often that not. Both of those changes could be put on the old code.

I can't speak for Pinball Brothers. I have indicated to them that putting out another HW code version is possible, but it's up to them to decide what to do. I won't be releasing any new code on my own like before. Right now I'm just making an inventory of what could be done.
- Brian

#28857 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Same thing for me

#28858 2 years ago

How is it with spare parts on this pin, can i get part if they break or im i screwed ?

#28859 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

How is it with spare parts on this pin, can i get part if they break or im i screwed ?

I personally never had an issue finding a part. My machine fell over completely hard on its side. Only thing that broke was the siren, easily found a replacement. and one of the LEDs went out, also found replacement. No board issues here. I wouldnt worry, someone here would help if anything went wrong.

#28860 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I personally never had an issue finding a part. My machine fell over completely hard on its side. Only thing that broke was the siren, easily found a replacement. and one of the LEDs went out, also found replacement. No board issues here. I wouldnt worry, someone here would help if anything went wrong.

I think you forgot to mention your leg ( a true trooper!!)....

#28861 2 years ago

I was gonna say that but deleted it!
(Glad he's ok now tho!)

#28862 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Thought you already bought a PB ?

#28863 2 years ago

To those who played both.. how similar do they feel? Would a casual player really notice the feel & flo & game play.. instead of comparing and bashing, I'm just wondering how close they are with all the differences like extra magnet ..the missing pf monitor.. are the flippers way different? Gotta get one someday.
Definitely my grail! *i got this tattoo in 2001 - one sitting, 4 x 3 hour sessions over 14 hours. Goood times.

20210103_133313 (resized).png20210103_133313 (resized).png
#28864 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

To those who played both.. how similar do they feel? Would a casual player really notice the feel & flo & game play.. instead of comparing and bashing, I'm just wondering how close they are with all the differences like extra magnet ..the missing pf monitor.. are the flippers way different? Gotta get one someday.
Definitely my grail! *i got this tattoo in 2001 - one sitting, 4 x 3 hour sessions over 14 hours. Goood times.
[quoted image]

Not much to bash either way but having had both I see pros and cons to both. The only noticable thing to me on the PB remake are the flippers. They are ok but I did find the HY version a bit better. Otherwise its a Great title and a worthy buy no matter which you choose.

#28865 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

We are all happy that you did a update on Alien in the past and looking forward for other code.
From the past we know that PB has no problem with new code and now have their logo on the machines
If it is a matter of money, we also offered you a "fee" in the past for all your work. So if the PB agree that you work on the code but will not pay (due its not "their" machine) I am sure the community will donate your work.
For me (normal player) there is nothing wrong with the actual code butthe hardcore owners should have some more small issues.

Quoted from Jjlp:

Same thing for me

I'm with you guys, my LE is becoming a permanent part of my collection next to my TZ, just an incredible game unlike anything else I've ever owned.

#28866 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm with you guys, my LE is becoming a permanent part of my collection next to my TZ, just an incredible game unlike anything else I've ever owned.

I have a PRE séries alien standard édition but with full loaded options(playfield number 0006)... But now all the HW are TRUE LE's !

( I Heard that on final more LE's than SE's have been produced... Dont know if its true...)
16333779803723647899445806601777 (resized).jpg16333779803723647899445806601777 (resized).jpg

#28867 2 years ago

Nobody exactly knows how much HW ALIEN have been produced at all.
Dave Sanders said they made approx. 200 Units and it's unclear how many of these have been Limited Editions.

#28868 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Nobody exactly knows how much HW ALIEN have been produced at all.
Dave Sanders said they made approx. 200 Units and it's unclear how many of these have been Limited Editions.

One clue thought, in the pinball market, even on Pinside, there was more SE.

#28869 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

One clue thought, in the pinball market, even on Pinside, there was more SE.

I didnt remember where i read that there was more LE... About 120 for 80 SE... Somewhere...

#28870 2 years ago

You would have to quantify how many " Heighway built " LE's vs SE's to start.

In this case, definitely more SE's, as LE's came at the end, without an actual shipment ever hitting the US.

There was a container and change of SE's that made it here in various stages of early builds..all w problems. These were ( are) the hybrids that became whatever the person wanted them to be.

After the ship sank, many parts started moving, and " LE's" started popping up like magic (hmm). HW was never like Stern....try replicating one of their LE plaques and see what happens.

Vast majority of the parts were LE, as Andrew abandoned the SE's in hopes of bringing in more cash ( sound familiar?).

Ancient news now, but the ones that survived in whatever state will definitely be a part of the Pinball story....just grateful that HW actually built Alien, period.

#28871 2 years ago

A genuine original can be identified by the nameplate.
And there have to be LE backglass, LE sidepanels, rotating beacons and a shaker.
Any other combination is not correct.

13 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG

#28872 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

And there have to be LE backglass, LE sidepanels, rotating beacons and a shaker.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Should we start a registry of serial # from owners on here and start recording how many units (SE and LE) were produced? I know it will never be complete but it’s a start and gauge how many SE vs LE on pinside

#28873 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Should we start a registry of serial # from owners on here and start recording how many units (SE and LE) were produced? I know it will never be complete but it’s a start and gauge how many SE vs LE on pinside

A brilliant idea! Let us do it.

#28875 2 years ago

I'll add mine tomorrow w pics...LE139 here.

I do recall they used #'s that weren't spoken for by pre-order people...hope to the end I suppose...

#28877 2 years ago

Will add as well, LE001, late build that was supposed to be Heighway's game but built for Roger at PB. I just texted Kenneth royneblom and he is going to check the SE/LE numbers from his data.

#28878 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]

Just want to chime in here that there were many LE's built from the factory that did not have any decals like those mentioned. My SE had them, but the very last LE's that left the factory that I got did not have any. So all that signify s mine being LE's are the plaques. I asked on here last year about making these decals and such but got no response.

#28879 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Just want to chime in here that there were many LE's built from the factory that did not have any decals like those mentioned. My SE had them, but the very last LE's that left the factory that I got did not have any. So all that signify s mine being LE's are the plaques. I asked on here last year about making these decals and such but got no response.

Ever have any pinball parties!! I've yet to even see an alien!

#28880 2 years ago

I'm wondering if anybody knows where i Can find LE side panels and backglass or an high quality scan of them... Love to have them to Switch between my standard and LE as i want...

#28881 2 years ago

I didnt realize the new alien feeds the ball to the right ramp?
Is this custom or is that intended?

Nevermind didnt look at it right.

e5ee31aab521882340f4fe11b77e76f203e97546 (resized).jpege5ee31aab521882340f4fe11b77e76f203e97546 (resized).jpeg

#28882 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Not certain it would be of benefit. What serial # would you put on it? I didn't dig alot, but could figure out the rhyme or reason to the sequence.

I lost my pre-order $$$ like everyone, but good fortune landed me a connection to the last batch of HW factory built units ( all LE's) w #'s matching the machine and shipping box.

Doubt it matters a whole lot...just sort of interesting..

#28883 2 years ago

Good to see some original owners still kickin'
After all that sweat and blood on the remake, they still make a POS apron.
They sure are going to keep Felix busy!
Mark, get any requests yet for your apron redo like the WOZ monkey add-on got?
I wouldn't trade mine for that ball lock mechanism!

#28884 2 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Good to see some original owners still kickin'
After all that sweat and blood on the remake, they still make a POS apron.
They're sure are going to keep Felix busy!
Mark, get any requests yet for your apron redo like the WOZ monkey add-on got?
I wouldn't trade mine for that ball lock mechanism!

Lol...those that really remember know what Felix's efforts will ( or will not) produce. Strong, strong kool-aid over there. Sort of funny listening to all of it.

Several standing requests in my inbox....steering way away from that noise though...grateful I could share what I wanted on mine w a few.

No worries though...some serious Xeno activities behind the scenes for HW machines only on my end... ...Focusing on the positive, and galvanized by the true pioneers of the game....quite enjoyable....

#28885 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not certain it would be of benefit. What serial # would you put on it? I didn't dig alot, but could figure out the rhyme or reason to the sequence.
I lost my pre-order $$$ like everyone, but good fortune landed me a connection to the last batch of HW factory built units ( all LE's) w #'s matching the machine and shipping box.
Doubt it matters a whole lot...just sort of interesting..

Yeah, I was told the same, that we got the last 2 from the HW factory from Sweden. Even so much as they were shipped in wooden crates over the boxes as we were told is why they were the last to leave as they didn't have any more boxes in the end for these 2. Doubt any of us got the last ones after hearing this now from 3 different people that they were told the same. Either way, these did not have the 2 Heighway or PB decals on them.

#28886 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Yeah, I was told the same, that we got the last 2 from the HW factory from Sweden. Even so much as they were shipped in wooden crates over the boxes as we were told is why they were the last to leave as they didn't have any more boxes in the end for these 2. Doubt any of us got the last ones after hearing this now from 3 different people that they were told the same. Either way, these did not have the 2 Heighway or PB decals on them.

Wooden crates...kinda cool...think it would be hard to ID the last "one" or 2 that HW built, as vultures were everywhere trying to recoup lost funds, and parts were definitely available.

I've heard crazy stories over the years about the end of HW and lineage of their particular game.

Generally the answer is " go to the source"..we all know can't happen.

Having the game is the important part now....the one I have was easy to trace to the final shipment which never left the HW factory, but that's about it .

I "couldn't " make sense of the serial #'s ....that info has to live somewhere ( think we all know where)...doubtful it will ever surface. Not like we were going to get warranty or any factory support, lol.

#28887 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Mine came in a wooden crate from Norway, but it was with 120 plays as I recall.

eda45124-f870-4d72-8155-352352db442b (resized).jpgeda45124-f870-4d72-8155-352352db442b (resized).jpg

#28888 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Mine came in a wooden crate from Norway, but it was with 120 plays as I recall.
[quoted image]

Yup, we all bought from royneblom who gave us apparently the same story about our pins. Ours had no plays on them but were shipped in that same crate.

#28889 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Yup, we all bought from royneblom who gave us apparently the same story about our pins. Ours had no plays on them but were shipped in that same crate.

Hmm.. ……mine definitely was in a Heighway box….cardboard, like a regular NIB would look…strapped on a pallet and wrapped….had HW logo “ALIEN LE” and game# on the box…I’ll dig for the photos….think I saved (cutout) the part of the box that had the markings….Kenneth is a good guy, and always kept his word. He did have access to many, many parts back then and was owed quite a bit.…..I’ll check the date it shipped too….to think the factory shut “ clean” would be foolish. Can imagine there were several, partially completed games that got extracted as well, with parts needed to complete and sell.

Who knows what the hell went down….suspect many weren’t paid, so a bit of a free for all when the final wheel fell off. If more than $1500.00 in the game, I would have crossed the pond. Aware of some who did..

#28890 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

How many games did you get (sounds like a group buy)? We’re they all lacking tags?

#28891 2 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

My guess is that the last LEs were built and then crated by Roger himself, as I know he built the crate for my game from his personal collection. Perhaps they had enough parts to make a few at the very end.

#28892 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

My guess is that the last LEs were built and then crated by Roger himself, as I know he built the crate for my game from his personal collection. Perhaps they had enough parts to make a few at the very end.

He wasn’t the only one that got the completed or mostly completed games from the HW factory, and 100% that several LE’s were completed from parts after the fact. Dicey back then, semantics at this point is my best guess.

#28893 2 years ago

Yes, the LE's shipped to us had many pictures provided from Royneblum that confirmed they were completed LE's and fully functional with a LE number tag secured on the backbox. He was great and honest. Mine is #417 and only had 3 plays on it with all the last improvements done with metal gearing in the head and cliffy on the Airlock scoop.
No dimples or scratches on the playfield so I was a "very happy" camper and continue to be one.

I'm not concerned about the missing tags as you note, it was all a cluster f*** at the factory anyway, and I'm sure the last employee holdouts were very concerned about quality!
SE's, LE's, they're all a Limited Edition anyway. Many bought and installed the upgrades and some made "Phony" number tags to make it look like a LE. Mine has a completion date sticker on the underside of the playfield of 4/18 and a playfield sticker to boot, but NO silver registation tags on the machine.

Doesn't matter, Mine was not bought for an investment but a Grail pin. With Mark's apron and many other additions it is "personalized" and I will lose all my teeth before it gets sold. I'm just happy others are getting them now as it will always be a losing c**k comparison for them.

#28894 2 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Doesn't matter, Mine was not bought for an investment but a Grail pin.

THIS is truth, and worth the years of nonsense for me. Thanks for the apron props...labor of love, shared w a few. They'll be no more ( like our games), but I'm tinkering again. Think you'll like it..

#28895 2 years ago

I love my Alien but i will love to find a solution for the playfield. I know it exist a cliffy for the alien magnet but... How to remove mylar !! Varnish will Comes with...
received_1160477617754582 (resized).jpegreceived_1160477617754582 (resized).jpegreceived_174658894548877 (resized).jpegreceived_174658894548877 (resized).jpegreceived_3942348822485450 (resized).jpegreceived_3942348822485450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20211010_064927 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_064927 (resized).jpg

As well,i have an early built, i have Seen that the ramp Flap us shorten on yours and dont hide a part of the arrow... Where i Can find a New Flap?

IMG_20211010_064938 (resized).jpgIMG_20211010_064938 (resized).jpg

#28896 2 years ago

This is a old restorers trick...............it works, I've done it with perfect results removing old Mylar on a IJ playfield I restored.

To remove the mylar without taking the playfield art with it...
1. Get a can of Aerosol computer keyboard cleaner air spray.
2. Turn it upside down and spray it on the mylar. it should "freeze" and blow the mylar off by itself, but it will cause a white frost to form at the spray site.
The mylar and adhesive will harden and can be lifted off. Keep spraying the aerosol at the base of the mylar while you lift it.
*IMPORTANT...Remember to turn the can upside down when you spray! You will feel the can get very cold holding it.

I don't know if there are any video's on YouTube, you might check. I suggest you try practicing first with a piece of applied mylar on something. If you don't feel comfortable DON'T DO IT, that is a work of art your fooling with.

#28898 2 years ago

The standard machine I have resurrected had the same issues.
I use a playfield protector, new ramp flaps, Cliffys and a bigger carbon fibre ring at the magnet.

DSCN8932 (resized).JPGDSCN8932 (resized).JPG

DSCN8928 (resized).JPGDSCN8928 (resized).JPG

DSCN8594 (resized).JPGDSCN8594 (resized).JPG

DSCN8936 (resized).JPGDSCN8936 (resized).JPG

DSCN8601 (resized).JPGDSCN8601 (resized).JPG

DSCN8926 (resized).JPGDSCN8926 (resized).JPG

#28899 2 years ago

Where did you find your New shorter ramp flap for the alien ?

#28900 2 years ago

This is how mine arrived april 13 2018.

Screenshot_20211010-213055 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211010-213055 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 578 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/578 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.