pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 576 of 601.
#28751 2 years ago

Hey, got rid of my alien. Was digging through my parts stash today and found an unused io board. What are they going for now? Also have a bad io board (missing usb connector and it got fried) that I will throw in for free.

#28752 2 years ago

Big mistake...

#28753 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Big mistake...

Sorry, but no. I am getting out of pinball. Plan is to keep celts when I get it, but everything else is getting sold just a matter of buttoning up projects and getting them listed.

Was it a big mistake to get rid of a 13k game I powered on maybe a couple times a month? Hell no. Alien is a great game, but prices for pins have reached levels where I looked around and decided there are other toys I'd rather have.

Monday, my mint, 1 owner, bone stock 99 Viper shows up. Hopefully six months from not I can finish my house and move into a much better place with land and either a lake or mountain view.

#28754 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sorry, but no. I am getting out of pinball. Plan is to keep celts when I get it, but everything else is getting sold just a matter of buttoning up projects and getting them listed.
Was it a big mistake to get rid of a 13k game I powered on maybe a couple times a month? Hell no. Alien is a great game, but prices for pins have reached levels where I looked around and decided there are other toys I'd rather have.
Monday, my mint, 1 owner, bone stock 99 Viper shows up. Hopefully six months from not I can finish my house and move into a much better place with land and either a lake or mountain view.

Sounds like more fun then a dusty pinball machine. Well done congrats.

#28755 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hey, got rid of my alien. Was digging through my parts stash today and found an unused io board. What are they going for now? Also have a bad io board (missing usb connector and it got fried) that I will throw in for free.

Sorry to hear as you were a valuable member of the community, but understand. I've got a couple of ventures that are gaining steam and very exciting from a life journey standpoint.

If things pan out, I will have to make a similar decision.

All the best....mark

#28756 2 years ago

My playfield LCD is not working?
At start up it says "no signal" then nothing more happens.
I have the big LCD in backbox, it works.

Both worked fine before.

#28757 2 years ago

Check the vga/dvi cable on the monitor and on the motherboard

#28758 2 years ago

Check the wiring in the housing of the playfield monitor, often the connection get loose or a cable fall off due to bad soldering.
Take care with the sticky tape and look closer to the sharp edges.

DSCN8970 (resized).JPGDSCN8970 (resized).JPG

#28759 2 years ago

Can anyone post some apron cards they put on their game. I guess they didn’t come with the game originally but let’s see some custom ones so I can help get some made for the new PB version. Thanks.

#28760 2 years ago

The original ALIEN has no apron cards, that are decals.

#28761 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The original ALIEN has no apron cards, that are decals.

Yes I knew that, doesn’t anyone have any custom cards?

#28762 2 years ago

MK6Pin should have some from his apron project.

#28763 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

MK6Pin should have some from his apron project.

Joe helped me w the rules, my daughter and print team did some really cool touches, and the cards turned out awesome. As previously mentioned, these were gifted to the 25 who bought the Apron. I'd be way nervous w IP rights to release them. Surely someone will make a set for the VE game....

#28764 2 years ago

It has been years, and only changed my Avatar theme briefly when Heighway collapsed, thinking that me and all the other preorder people would never get a game ( note this excludes the problematic machines that did make it over here). As fate would have it, ended up w a legit final version which will always be my favorite theme and pin. The game is beautiful, plays as solid as any I have, and put countless hours modifying, improving, enjoying this thing. Not for sale until I'm out of the hobby.

Nothing I see on the VE interests me (as I already have one) but glad more of these get out and hopefully don't break and get the factory support that's needed.

Forgot how much pure terror that first Halloween movie brought, and what a classic it really is. I'm bordering fanboy status on this one and hope the game exceeds my expectations. So a new face it is for me (with a Xenomorph always under it).

#28765 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It has been years, and only changed my Avatar theme briefly when Heighway collapsed, thinking that me and all the other preorder people would never get a game ( note this excludes the problematic machines that did make it over here). As fate would have it, ended up w a legit final version which will always be my favorite theme and pin. The game is beautiful, plays as solid as any I have, and put countless hours modifying, improving, enjoying this thing. Not for sale until I'm out of the hobby.
Nothing I see on the VE interests me (as I already have one) but glad more of these get out and hopefully don't break and get the factory support that's needed.
Forgot how much pure terror that first Halloween movie brought, and what a classic it really is. I'm bordering fanboy status on this one and hope the game exceeds my expectations. So a new face it is for me (with a Xenomorph always under it).

Awesome! I also ordered the Halloween: CE. I'm really looking forward to it. I watched the original movie the other day in celebration.

#28766 2 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Awesome! I also ordered the Halloween: CE. I'm really looking forward to it. I watched the original movie the other day in celebration.

Me too!!!! Forgot how terrifying that thing was….I think it’s ironic that the original movies (Alien and Halloween) were released within 7 months of each other….2 of the most iconic movies for me….1 turned into an absolute deadly pin in original form…can’t wait to see, play, tinker with Spooky’s take on Halloween.

Side - Had family in town yesterday, and my Niece, along w her fiancé were totally freaked out w Alien….played it almost exclusively all afternoon (tried TWDLE and TRONLE but brutal, short lived encounters there, lol)…so much fun watching them experience the pin and comment/ get wide eyed when they got to some of the modes……(helped them get to self-destruct and couldn’t stop talking about how the entire machine just sort of takes on an “all in” vibe)

#28767 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Me too!!!! Forgot how terrifying that thing was….I think it’s ironic that the original movies (Alien and Halloween) were released within 7 months of each other….2 of the most iconic movies for me….1 turned into an absolute deadly pin in original form…can’t wait to see, play, tinker with Spooky’s take on Halloween.
Side - Had family in town yesterday, and my Niece, along w her fiancé were totally freaked out w Alien….played it almost exclusively all afternoon (tried TWDLE and TRONLE but brutal, short lived encounters there, lol)…so much fun watching them experience the pin and comment/ get wide eyed when they got to some of the modes……(helped them get to self-destruct and couldn’t stop talking about how the entire machine just sort of takes on an “all in” vibe)

Mark, what happened with your Avatar ! To me it was part of you !

#28768 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Mark, what happened with your Avatar ! To me it was part of you !

Too kind!! Tried to explain a few posts above....

Being so close to the game and " all in" for so long, the recent events over the last few months w the VE feels too much like deja vu all over again, with a lesser game. Got to where it really was ruining my pinside experience due to the complete bullshit surrounding some of the narrative.

My form of " Pinside Therapy " I suppose, lol.

Most could care less, and it’s just a trigger for pause, before engaging in stupidity.

So many have done so much for this Pin....no worries..as stated above, there's a Xenomorph under that mask....

1 week later
#28769 2 years ago

Hi all,

It looks like the plunger broke off of the airlock solenoid for my Alien. The ball currently gets stuck when it falls down since it never makes contact with the ball. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Seems to be a pretty generic part so hopefully it's available to get somewhere. On a related note is if someone knows where to find the plunger for the sleep chamber/ball lock solenoid. That broke awhile back and will fix that one at the same time.

Thanks!

AirlockPlunger (resized).jpegAirlockPlunger (resized).jpeg

#28770 2 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Hi all,
It looks like the plunger broke off of the airlock solenoid for my Alien. The ball currently gets stuck when it falls down since it never makes contact with the ball. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? Seems to be a pretty generic part so hopefully it's available to get somewhere. On a related note is if someone knows where to find the plunger for the sleep chamber/ball lock solenoid. That broke awhile back and will fix that one at the same time.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I recall most of the plungers, standups, and target switches were all B/W parts...no parts reference guide of course, so just pull the broken one out , measure, and match ( Marco was an easy source for me). I've only broken 1 standup since ownership, but remember taking things apart just to see if anything tough to source. Averell may have some part #'s for you...pretty straightfoward..

3 weeks later
#28771 2 years ago

Hi! This is my custom launch Button, better than the ugly yellow....!

I have about 12 stickers available + white base plate for the button if interrested.

IMG_20210510_195256 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195256 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195306 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195306 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_200021 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_200021 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210510_195956 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195956 (resized).jpg

#28772 2 years ago

I’m interested in 2 pm me the price please

#28773 2 years ago

Will this work for the PB remake version too?

#28774 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Hi! This is my custom launch Button, better than the ugly yellow....!
I have about 12 stickers available + white base plate for the button if interrested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very nice!!...pm sent

#28775 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Will this work for the PB remake version too?

If it IS a standard launch Button it will fit

#28776 2 years ago

I have been reading this thread for a many months while looking for a nice example of a Heighway Alien. I recently purchased a beautiful, late build SE version from a fellow Pinsider. I absolutely love this Game!

I read in this thread where Ministry of Pinball is now offering the Electroliminescent Side Decal Set. WOW! Those would look awesome on my game. Unfortunately once I bought and received the EL Decals, I found out the SE doesn’t have the Inverter, OR the Y-connector.

Does anyone have any information on where I might obtain the correct Inverter and Y-Connector, along with instructions on how to install these items on my game so I can plug in the EL Decals? ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have a significant amount invested in these Decals to just be hidden behind the plastic side panels.

TIA to anyone who can help.

#28777 2 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

I have been reading this thread for a many months while looking for a nice example of a Heighway Alien. I recently purchased a beautiful, late build SE version from a fellow Pinsider. I absolutely love this Game!
I read in this thread where Ministry of Pinball is now offering the Electroliminescent Side Decal Set. WOW! Those would look awesome on my game. Unfortunately once I bought and received the EL Decals, I found out the SE doesn’t have the Inverter, OR the Y-connector.
Does anyone have any information on where I might obtain the correct Inverter and Y-Connector, along with instructions on how to install these items on my game so I can plug in the EL Decals? ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have a significant amount invested in these Decals to just be hidden behind the plastic side panels.
TIA to anyone who can help.

I am with you. I was so hyped the Ministry was going to make a kit for the side light blades to see they only made the blades. Without knowing what other equipment to buy or how to hook it up I am now disappointed.

#28778 2 years ago

You can order the matching Inverter on AliExpress or Alibaba.
Type in the information from the rating plate and order.
The y-connector should be available, too.
The Inverter has to be connected behind the security switch on 110/230 volts.
If you open the coindoor, the high power supply must be switched off.
Inner side panels and playfield back panel are connected together.

#28779 2 years ago

This is what you need, thanks to Averell for the pic !
image001 (resized).jpgimage001 (resized).jpg

You should excuse MoP , I organised the firm and gave them my blades as a muster.
The elfoil where meened as spareparts, Bertjan (the owner of MoP) has no Alien pinball so he does not really know what he is selling. But I passed the information to him, maybe he will also list the inverters.
Same fpr the blades ... they are not included

#28780 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is what you need, thanks to Averell for the pic !
[quoted image]
You should excuse MoP , I organised the firm and gave them my blades as a muster.
The elfoil where meened as spareparts, Bertjan (the owner of MoP) has no Alien pinball so he does not really know what he is selling. But I passed the information to him, maybe he will also list the inverters.
Same fpr the blades ... they are not included

Appreciate your efforts on the EL part of these!! The foil tends to fade over time ( the nature of their operation, not game specific) so will be nice to pick up a spare set. Mine still holding up quite well and glow nicely after several years....

I did shoot him an e-mail yesterday making sure these were for the "Heighway" Alien and potentially want to list them as such, oppossed to "PB" Alien....obviously won't fit the new PB versions.

Thanks again for doing those for the community!!!

#28781 2 years ago

Many thanks to you BOTH!

I'll see what I can find and if you don't mind... Get your approval prior to purchase.
Also may need a little a little guidance tying things in once the parts arrive. I REALLY don't want to mess this up.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but my game has no lit back panel... The kit from MOP only included the side EL panels.

Thank you again! I was very discouraged yesterday. I feel like this may happen now.

All the best, Dennis

#28782 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Appreciate your efforts on the EL part of these!! The foil tends to fade over time ( the nature of their operation, not game specific) so will be nice to pick up a spare set. Mine still holding up quite well and glow nicely after several years....
I did shoot him an e-mail yesterday making sure these were for the "Heighway" Alien , potentially want to list them as such, oppossed to "PB" Alien....they obviously won't fit the new PB versions.
Thanks again for doing those for the community!!!

#28783 2 years ago

It would be a stupid idea to mount elfoil plus sideart to the "new Alien".
Heighway was so smart and clever to mill out the cabinett for the elfoil and sideart, I am pretty sure that PB will not have this milled out area ...
There are several reasons to have a original

#28784 2 years ago

Does anyone have a source for the slingshot led strips?

Couple of mine are going colorblind every now and then and displaying whatever color they think it right

#28785 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

So is gameroom.no a fraud ?

Quoted from Starscream:

Does anyone have a source for the slingshot led strips?
Couple of mine are going colorblind every now and then and displaying whatever color they think it right

I just bought some WS2812B 5050 LEDs from eBay and swapped them out - they are very cheap, though you might find it a fiddly job if your eyesight is as dodgy as mine.

#28786 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

It would be a stupid idea to mount elfoil plus sideart to the "new Alien".
Heighway was so smart and clever to mill out the cabinett for the elfoil and sideart, I am pretty sure that PB will not have this milled out area ...
There are several reasons to have a original

Understatement!!

#28787 2 years ago

Any idea how to swap out a face hugger on the slings? Mine came with spares and now a tail has fallen off one but looking at it I haven't a clue where to start!

#28788 2 years ago

You have to dismantle the entire slingshot assy to remove the face hugger.
It's mounted with two screws to the slingshot lever.

#28789 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You have to dismantle the entire slingshot assy to remove the face hugger.
It's mounted with two screws to the slingshot lever.

Gotcha, lowering the face hugger to the pf will enable me to get to those screws once the mech is dropped from the underside. Thanks mate, time to get fiddling!

#28790 2 years ago

Decided to give her a wax yesterday ( Mirco Playfield that has actually been amazing...crazy) and had a nice Alien night....

This game is really something special,. With all the elements tied together it simply redefined immersion in a gameplay experience for me.

Classic Sci Fi horror captured in a pinball experience....a shame the manufacturer couldn't sustain and support/ refine this thing, leaving the community to sort.

Regardless....such a badass machine!!!

#28791 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Any idea how to swap out a face hugger on the slings? Mine came with spares and now a tail has fallen off one but looking at it I haven't a clue where to start!

A simple fix:

Take the fachugger tail and drill a hole with a needle in both parts.
Take a paperclip and weld it in correct position, some plastic glue. Press tohether both sides and let dry for 24 hours.

For me this fix took 10 minutes and is stable for over 30 games now.
On the next bigger action the facehugger will be swapped but so far. It works well.

2 weeks later
#28792 2 years ago

Does anyone remember who created the 3-D printed airlock mod? It used to be a downloadable file. I’d like to grab it again if anyone has it or knows where to find it. Thanks.

#28793 2 years ago

Vimtoman?

#28794 2 years ago

Yes

#28795 2 years ago

Anyone had the link?

#28796 2 years ago

I still have 4 sets of unused think geek alien coasters as well as a working io board from the alien I sold. If anyone has interest shoot me a pm.

#28798 2 years ago

Just freakin love this machine!!!!

I'll post some items being worked on behind the scenes in a couple weeks, furthering performance...

#28799 2 years ago

I have one question, does highways Alien get pinball brothers updates or is highway alien TOAST ?

#28800 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I have one question, does highways Alien get pinball brothers updates or is highway alien TOAST ?

My answer is...........How many things can you make with "toast"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 576 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/576?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.