• Latest reply 3 days ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 288 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

420E1E57-BEEF-4516-A347-90BFBCE70257 (resized).jpeg
Skizze Airlock Scoop - Bohrungen.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN8619 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210417_135320[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_3107[1] (resized).JPG
DSCN7723 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210425_101702[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20210425_101724[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20210417_164441[1] (resized).jpg
20210419_083134_resized (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN6997 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28605 posts in this topic. You are on page 572 of 573.
#28551 15 days ago
Quoted from Pinballoo:

It doesn´t look toasted...maybe still a cable issue?
[quoted image]

What’s going on with that taped up P2 connector?

#28552 15 days ago
Quoted from Pinballoo:

Hi there ,
my xeno´s jaw doesn´t move anymore. It worked before a little "weak"
and now it´s dead...seems like cables are okay so far.
Any ideas?

Any noise when in test mode? If you can hear ( slightly) something but jaw not moving it could be the stepper motor gears are stripped ( early ones were plastic) strong, cheap metal geared versions available...just a thought..

#28553 15 days ago

Replace the small circuit board in the socket.
I already had two of them broken.

Order here: ebay.com link: itm

A4988 Stepper Motor Drive

#28554 15 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Any noise when in test mode? If you can hear ( slightly) something but jaw not moving it could be the stepper motor gears are stripped ( early ones were plastic) strong, cheap metal geared versions available...just a thought..

Thanks, new metal geared Stepper motor was installed weeks ago..can´t be the problem

#28555 15 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Replace the small circuit board in the socket.
I already had two of them broken.
Order here: ebay.com link: itm
A4988 Stepper Motor Drive

Thanks Averell for the link, that should make it.

#28556 14 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That’s likely the only correct answer. If you just compare the underside of the Heighway Alien vs the Pinball Bros Alien, it’s clear that there is little in common between the builds.

I certainly believe it for any of the electronics. A quick visual comparison from the recently posted video shows it's 100% new.

But what about above the playfield? Plastics, etc? People have been hoarding spare parts, but hopefully we can swap out with new parts?

#28557 14 days ago
Quoted from Pinballoo:

Thanks, new metal geared Stepper motor was installed weeks ago..can´t be the problem

Drats...I think Averell has your answer then. Good news is easy fix...

#28558 14 days ago

hello
can anyone tell me about his power suply board if he has a light to turn on D5? as in the photo is this a flaw? and related to the ramp LEDs 1 to 21 no longer works on my Alien I ordered LEDs at Gameroom I'm waiting
thank you for your answers

#28559 10 days ago

Hi all, new to this thread... I have the chance to get an Alien LE... The price is a JJPPotC CE... any thoughts if this is a good trade?

How many Aliens made it to the public? Any idea on the number of LEs in that count?

Finally, I've seen some gameplay vids on YouTube, the game looks great from what I can tell, but the seasoned player will know more... how good is it? Are the call-outs repetitive? Is it easy to get to the final wizard mode? Any gripes about the game?

Thanks a lot for any tips!!

#28560 10 days ago

Approx. 200 machines from Heighway at all, number of LE is unaccounted.
Deal is fair if the ALIEN is in good shape... take a closer look at the playfield at Arilock Scoop edge and Xeno-Magnet!!!
Gameplay is insane... one of the best themes ever.
ALIEN need a lot of improvements but it's worth the price.

#28561 10 days ago

I agree with Averell. One of the best playing themed pins out there IMO. I never get tried of it and blasting aliens and hitting those shots really gets the juices going. I can't say if it's better than Pirates because I've never played one, but I can attest on how good the Alien pin is.

129 pins in your collections! Will you adopt me???

#28562 10 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I never get tried of it and blasting aliens and hitting those shots really gets the juices going.

So the sounds are not repetitive? I love the deep 'trombone' like droning sounds, could hear those all day! Did the licence allow actual film call-outs? Do you get to hear Sigourney Weaver say 'Get away from her, you bitch!'? I don't know why, but that quote always gets me!

Quoted from Indypin:

129 pins in your collections! Will you adopt me???

I'd have to ask the wife, but I think she'd say 'no' I'd be surprised if 1/4 of them work when I get round to setting them up though!

#28563 10 days ago

My custom sound files incl. a lot of call-outs from Ripley and much more.
Of course "Get away from hey you BITCH!" is a must have... but original it's not included.

#28564 10 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

My custom sound files incl. a lot of call-outs from Ripley and much more.

And are those something that can be relatively easily begged from you

#28565 10 days ago

You need to understand the procedure how to handle the files in LINUX.
I wrote a short description how to do that. I can share the files... send me your email address.

#28566 10 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Hi all, new to this thread... I have the chance to get an Alien LE... The price is a JJPPotC CE... any thoughts if this is a good trade?
How many Aliens made it to the public? Any idea on the number of LEs in that count?
Finally, I've seen some gameplay vids on YouTube, the game looks great from what I can tell, but the seasoned player will know more... how good is it? Are the call-outs repetitive? Is it easy to get to the final wizard mode? Any gripes about the game?
Thanks a lot for any tips!!

Trading a POTC CE for an Alien???? Hell no would be my opinion. With new Aliens shipping in the 7k range and POTC CE pulling 4x that value that would be a poor trade. Great game but Not that great!

#28567 10 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trading a POTC CE for an Alien???? Hell no would be my opinion. With new Aliens shipping in the 7k range and POTC CE pulling 4x that value that would be a poor trade. Great game but Not that great!

european marcket is a bit different because some games are easier to find than others... I remember seeing ads of POTC with low price with no one to buy them... Since unofficial infos has spread that this game will never been reproduced, then it became the holy grail for collectors, even with no video from the movies and voice actors and else... I like POTC but this marcket has become a bit crazy lately with this pin not THAT limited after all...

#28568 10 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

I wrote a short description how to do that. I can share the files... send me your email address.

If/when I get the game, I'll definitely get back in touch!

#28569 10 days ago

Sure...

#28570 10 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I wouldnt want a new alien. Potc is worth more but game for game i would rather have alien.

Potc probably falls third which after tbl, but that is with all three being equal value. Its current valuation is laughable.

#28571 10 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Its current valuation is laughable.

Laughable but a Reality! Hence poor trade option. Game play is suggestive and I didn't comment on that.

#28572 9 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Laughable but a Reality! Hence poor trade option. Game play is suggestive and I didn't comment on that.

No, but you also suggest that a 7k alien remake is the same as an original, its not.

As for a reality, we will see how long this lasts. There is not an endless pool of buyers.

Fun example, two mystery castles sold at 8k in the last few months. I had a pretty good trade lined up for mine, but backed out. Guy has a decent one on here for 5k and cannot sell it. What a difference a few weeks can make.

#28573 9 days ago

Sometimes you get anomalous sales just because there’s a buyer who really really wants a particular game, whether due to rarity or condition of the specific game, etc. And many buyers aren’t interested in dealing with shipping, so the successful pairing here doesn’t have a similar match over there.

#28574 9 days ago
Quoted from dung:

No, but you also suggest that a 7k alien remake is the same as an original, its not.

Absolute truth, and no way to even know what value the 7k version becomes until they actually get here, people play them, how they break, supported, how many made, etc.

In this thread it's completely legit to state the truth....always has been......good or bad. This remake doesn't hold a candle to the original in probably the biggest area.....immersion and atmosphere!!! Overused terms in about every other game but this one. You will never capture this in a single, smaller, backbox screen, period. The original is simply a beautiful, consuming game and experience.

There are 200 or less of these that will ever be made. I'm grateful to have one, but so over even talking about it much anymore.

#28575 9 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

So the sounds are not repetitive? I love the deep 'trombone' like droning sounds, could hear those all day! Did the licence allow actual film call-outs? Do you get to hear Sigourney Weaver say 'Get away from her, you bitch!'? I don't know why, but that quote always gets me!

I'd have to ask the wife, but I think she'd say 'no' I'd be surprised if 1/4 of them work when I get round to setting them up though!

It has movie quotes from some of the actors, but unfortunately Ripleys quotes are not used in the game. Still, Dave Thiel did an awesome job on the sound and it really puts you right in the middle of the alien universe.

#28576 9 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

It has movie quotes from some of the actors, but unfortunately Ripleys quotes are not used in the game. Still, Dave Thiel did an awesome job on the sound and it really puts you right in the middle of the alien universe.

Sounds good, literally from what you say

So how are the rules on this game? Is it deep? Challenging? Strategic? Risk/reward elements? Easy/hard/impossible to get to final wizard?

Thanks!

#28577 9 days ago

Two main missions with different stages plus addional missions and challenges.
Settings from Very Easy to Extremely Hard... Chamber lock is a challenge as well.
Very high motivation and a phantastic theme.

If you need more information go to IPDB and download the latest rulesheet... that's all you need and there's no pinball machine with a better description as the ALIEN!

#28578 8 days ago

I have an early produced ALIEN here to pimp right now.
There's a missing part in the Airlock Scoop... this part is not available elsewhere, so I have decided to redesign it.
First test failed but now it's perfect.
I will provide the STEP-file later, so everyone who needs this part can go 3D printing himself.
The only one challenge is to drill the two holes in this stainless steel bracket!

DSCN8619 (resized).JPG

#28579 8 days ago

Any chance someone could link me to the instructions for fixing the xeno? i found them once and now I am unable to find them again.

#28580 7 days ago

The micro switches of both Xeno-targets break regularly...
Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
Thanks!

#28581 6 days ago

Xenotargets = Standuptargets ??!!
Dont Understand.

#28582 6 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Dont Understand.

Probably referring to the (2×) rgb target switches under the xeno jaw. That switch is definitely wimpy, and can stick over time, causing the game to jump into sporadic multiball activity.

I've ordered spares months ago from PB new online site but haven't seen them yet

#28583 5 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Absolute truth, and no way to even know what value the 7k version becomes until they actually get here, people play them, how they break, supported, how many made, etc.
In this thread it's completely legit to state the truth....always has been......good or bad. This remake doesn't hold a candle to the original in probably the biggest area.....immersion and atmosphere!!! Overused terms in about every other game but this one. You will never capture this in a single, smaller, backbox screen, period. The original is simply a beautiful, consuming game and experience.
There are 200 or less of these that will ever be made. I'm grateful to have one, but so over even talking about it much anymore.

So the immersion and atmosphere that's always touted about this game is due to a large backbox screen??

#28584 5 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Dont Understand.

Exactly! The two under the xeno jaw

#28585 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinballoo:

Exactly! The two under the xeno jaw

Any clue who might have these now? Gameroom.no shows out of stock, and never got my prior order....thx

#28586 5 days ago

Try Data East parts...

#28587 5 days ago

Here's a sketch how to drill the Airlock Scoop if the improvement is missing.

Skizze Airlock Scoop - Bohrungen.pdf

#28588 5 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Any clue who might have these now? Gameroom.no shows out of stock, and never got my prior order....thx

Gameroom.no still have the switch boards so hopefully I can reuse the target shell with them. I'll post the result when they eventually turn up.

#28589 5 days ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

Gameroom.no still have the switch boards so hopefully I can reuse the target shell with them. I'll post the result when they eventually turn up.

I´ve swapped the switch boards or just the switches several times...I´m bored of it.
Hopefully the redesign by PB is more reliable and fits in the old Heighways?

#28590 5 days ago
Quoted from Pinballoo:

I´ve swapped the switch boards or just the switches several times...I´m bored of it.
Hopefully the redesign by PB is more reliable and fits in the old Heighways?

I can´t remember where I have seen it, but the Xeno switches from PB looks nearly the same. Maybe it was in the manual? I am not sure.

But I love these switches. Cheap and easy to replace when it is damaged. No soldering required. Just loosen two screws and plug one connector.

Edit. Found it https://www.pinballbrothers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/216-01-03-00_Target_LED_15x25mm_V01.pdf

#28591 5 days ago
Quoted from Twister:

I can´t remember where I have seen it, but the Xeno switches from PB looks nearly the same. Maybe it was in the manual? I am not sure.
But I love these switches. Cheap and easy to replace when it is damaged. No soldering required. Just loosen two screws and plug one connector.
Edit. Found it https://www.pinballbrothers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/216-01-03-00_Target_LED_15x25mm_V01.pdf

Agree that they look great ( can't remember other games that have an RGB standup like that). Just the switch itself can't take the beating of a normal leaf type. Mine work but the left one is sticking on occasion, so need the spares, like switches I keep for many of my games.

Hope mine show up soon.

#28592 5 days ago

I was curious if the new Alien target switches are the same ones used on the OG, since 3 of my 5 switches weren’t working. I’m not a fan of this design at all and don’t see how they can hold up long term. I think the same board is used on the larger switches (like the Xeno) and the weapon targets do not even use the LED. There are two connectors on the board (one for the switch, one for the LED) and only the switch is wired. Wish they just used leaf switches.

420E1E57-BEEF-4516-A347-90BFBCE70257 (resized).jpeg

#28593 5 days ago

I plan to retrofit some leaf switch blades in place of those SMD switches, which simply can not handle the abuse.

#28594 5 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I plan to retrofit some leaf switch blades in place of those SMD switches, which simply can not handle the abuse.

Mind reader you are...OG uses plain W/B leaf switches for all targets except the Xeno's where the RGB comes into play...

Haven't really opened mine in some time after all the apron build stuff as I've just been playing it, but want to address that at some point.

Shoot some pics if you sort before I get to it...

Kind of surprising the remake is using them throughout, as they certainly aren't as robust and don't have the massive " backstop" steel the Xeno area has.

#28595 5 days ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I was curious if the new Alien target switches are the same ones used on the OG, since 3 of my 5 switches weren’t working. I’m not a fan of this design at all and don’t see how they can hold up long term. I think the same board is used on the larger switches (like the Xeno) and the weapon targets do not even use the LED. There are two connectors on the board (one for the switch, one for the LED) and only the switch is wired. Wish they just used leaf switches.
[quoted image]

These are used in ALL of the targets on the remake?...ugh

#28596 4 days ago

Does anyone know if a BW magnet core will fit an alien?

#28597 4 days ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Does anyone know if a BW magnet core will fit an alien?

I'm gonna wager yes.

This ...

https://www.pinballlife.com/magnet-core-plug.html

#28598 4 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mind reader you are...OG uses plain W/B leaf switches for all targets except the Xeno's where the RGB comes into play...
Haven't really opened mine in some time after all the apron build stuff as I've just been playing it, but want to address that at some point.
Shoot some pics if you sort before I get to it...
Kind of surprising the remake is using them throughout, as they certainly aren't as robust and don't have the massive " backstop" steel the Xeno area has.

Also the Chestburster and Recharge targets on the OG. Dumb idea to add 5 more. I suppose they're going with the blown lightbulb and ford doorhandle theory, selling cheap shorter life parts to make the money.

#28599 4 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I suppose they're going with the blown lightbulb and ford doorhandle theory, selling cheap shorter life parts to make the money.

Probably more like 'use same parts everywhere' - and hadn't really considered these parts high failure. This is where their inexperience haunted them prior, and looks like some problems persist. Good news is, it's at least a stand-alone component that maybe could be retrofitted in the future.

#28600 4 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Also the Chestburster and Recharge targets on the OG.

Forgot about those ( not as many direct hits like the Xeno)

Yea, the targets get smacked alot, crazy to redeploy that type of switch on the remakes.

There are 28605 posts in this topic. You are on page 572 of 573.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside