DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 601.
#2801 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Soooo... Why the LE at all again? Just curious if everything can be bought optional, kinda kills exclusivity, doesn't it?

Well I'm just guessing on prices but if you add $700 to $1000 more for LE accessories your getting closer to the LE pricing. And you still won't have the unique LE matched legs and armor trim or the exclusive 35th Aniversary Artwork. If it's just about game play it's SE all the way.

Taken as a whole the LE should stand out as something uniquely dedicated and special to it's theme, to be celebrated in one's collection. A true "Super Pin."

#2802 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Not sure an LE has been made yet on Full Throttle. If they do exist, wouldn't we have seen Heighway's fiber optic ramps?

Good point. I asked Andrew about the fiber optic ramps last month and he said they are still being tested. I do not know the details about the current state though. Maybe Andrew can give us an update about this.

Andrew told me that my pin (SE) is in the next batch and that the LE's will also be produced in the same batch.

#2803 8 years ago

I've been watching for the LE Full Throttle not only to see the fiber optic ramps but to see if the LE numbered badge is a unique customized 3d plaque celebrating it's theme or just an engraved bowling trophy tag. And where it is going to be placed and in what manner it's going to be fastened to the pin. Wouldn't it be bad ass if Heighway went in a different direction and made it out of some kind of translucent material and it was back lit with an LED or two?

Surprising, the little things you think about when you have lots of time to think.

#2804 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Soooo... Why the LE at all again? Just curious if everything can be bought optional, kinda kills exclusivity, doesn't it?

I know the LE artwork on the LE is unobtanium vs. standard. I'm also not sure as to how "interchangable" the hardware will be. Andrew has already stated they are looking at color options for the "LE only"......suspect there will be a few other elements that will be exclusive to the LE

Agree w above post......you'll have to add alot of bells and whistles (and $$) to a Standard to get the LE 'look", but still won't have the Artwork.....LE is the complete, most badass package......

#2805 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Good I hate exclusivity in pinball and if heighway offers different models and the option to add on to make those choices its way better. Pinball should be played by all not just a few collectors that can afford a collectible'piece

#2806 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Good I hate exclusivity in pinball and if heighway offers different models and the option to add on to make those choices its way better. Pinball should be played by all not just a few collectors that can afford a collectible'piece

Agreed......all (most) of my machines are not LE's, however, I really don't get the "guilt factor" that seems to be associated with wanting an LE for a favorite title. Alien is a dream theme for me, and I want the best representation of the game, hence the LE....who cares?

The never ending discussion.....

#2807 8 years ago

For the ultimate Aliens collector out there. A Xenomorph alien warrior creature suit worn in the Aliens production. Display it next to the pin

http://www.propstore.com/product/aliens/xenomorph-costume/

243473.jpg243473.jpg

#2808 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Aurich any idea how many LE's are left?

No idea. Haven't asked. I'm getting one, but no idea what my number is or anything else. Just not something I've worried about, that's Andrew's territory.

Quoted from underlord:

You can't buy the LE art, so that will always be exclusive. The LE is for people who want all the goodies, and the knowledge that they have the special art package. Otherwise you're right, you could pimp out a Standard with the beacons and fiber optics etc.

I guess I'd say why buy a Stern LE instead of a Premium? For some games it's just the way you want it. I have a Metallica LE, wouldn't trade it for a Premium.

There's just no "Pro", meaning there's no version of the game that's stripped down and missing features. No drop targets replaced with standups or missing extra flippers or anything like that. All versions will have the same gameplay. And if you want the LE bling you can add most of it. Just not the art.

#2809 8 years ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

Hi Aurich,
I would rather give feedback in person, but missed you on Expo. Not really sure why to criticise though. It's been approved, so I don't suppose you will re-submit to FOX anyway.
Personally not a fan of the egg as the backglass image. I do prefer to see characters or monsters on a backglass. This is too static for me. But this all comes down to personal taste and that's fine. You made you're choices as the art-director for this piece.
One thing that caught my eye is the star glints in the background. Not sure, but aren't those in 'straight' or rotated 45 deg. positioning normally?
Looking forward what your work for the screen. It's good to see more competition on pinball LCD graphics and see what other companies come up with.
Best, JP
Didn't anyone notice the Easter Egg yet?
Easter-Egg.jpg

This game if produced, screams "alternate translite version".

#2810 8 years ago

I'm guessing there are plenty of LEs available at this point.

I'm #44

When Andrew finally shows the pin I think they will go quick.

Unless, the LE really isn't that different from the regular then I'll be switching down myself.

If you can get a regular and make it into an LE by buying the add ons you want then that may be the way to go.

Different artwork is not enough imho

#2811 8 years ago

So will all the things that make an LE different be connected to the swappable play field?
Wouldn't it be weird otherwise to have an LE Full throttle cabinet with a 'normal' Alien play field or vice versa.
Not sure how this works.

#2812 8 years ago

Who are the US dealers or distributors? Is there just one selling price or will the price be negotiable like Stern? Is the deposit fully refundable?

#2813 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who are the US dealers or distributors? Is there just one selling price or will the price be negotiable like Stern? Is the deposit fully refundable?

Cointaker is the US distributor, or you can deal directly with Heighway. No idea on price stuff.

Quoted from Marten:

So will all the things that make an LE different be connected to the swappable play field?
Wouldn't it be weird otherwise to have an LE Full Throttle cabinet with a 'normal' Alien play field or vice versa.
Not sure how this works.

I presume people buying the LE are doing so to keep the package together, but in theory you could do whatever you wanted.

#2814 8 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

Wouldn't it be weird otherwise to have an LE Full Throttle cabinet with a 'normal' Alien play field or vice versa.

If you have an LE Full Throttle cabinet and decide to swap future playfields through it at least you'll have the shaker motor for all those future game playfields. The LE's come with a shaker so it is one less thing to spend money on if your striving for the LE experience when you change out your game playfields.

I suspect Alien will have a very captivating deep atmosphere. Is anyone going to buy an SE and not put the interactive dual rotating topper on it? Okay so after you do that wouldn't it be fun to have fiber optic lighting on the ramps? Pinball machines are toys not commodities. I don't see how, when it comes to your personal recreational playtime, you wouldn't want to maximize your experience to the fullest.

Honestly, it's not like money is a real object when it comes to these exorbitantly expensive play toys.

#2815 8 years ago

The reality is it's a new model. Pin2K flirted with it, but the swapping was harder, there were only two games, the second one sucked, and it wasn't aimed at a dual collector/op market.

So effectively we just don't know how people are going to treat this. Heighway needs to build up a catalog. When it's more than just Full Throttle and Alien I think that it will be more enticing, because it could end up being the cheapest way to get a bunch of high quality games.

Would anyone be surprised if more Full Throttle "kits" were sold to Alien owners than standalone Full Throttles?

#2816 8 years ago

Shows $1650.00 difference between LE and Standard on the site. LE has all the options, plus artwork that cannot be had w a standard. Add up the cost of all the extras (Beacons, Shaker, badass fiber optics, hardware, etc.) plus the art you cannot buy.....now it makes sense (not that the purchase of a toy is supposed to make sense).

I would think if you knew that Alien would just be 1 playfield of many to be swapping, a Standard would make sense.

However, if this is a title that is a "must have" how could you not get the LE? As stated previously by many (including me), My LE will stay as is, in it's ultimate config. As other titles emerge, I'll decide what route to take.

Deposit has been fully refundable since day one, so not understanding what all the concern is over.

#2817 8 years ago

To me, the SE artwork has to be outstanding, and really stand out more than the SE. If they are both equally good I'd just wait and get the SE not even pre-order since it's not urgent as with the LE.

#2818 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To me, the SE artwork has to be outstanding, and really stand out more than the SE. If they are both equally good I'd just wait and get the SE not even pre-order since it's not urgent as with the LE.

Hmmm.....quite sure Aurich will knock it out of the park w LE art......and I've never felt "urgency" to order from day one.....just pre-ordered it w refundable $1500.00 because it's a title I really want.....

btw - probably the coolest thing about this......there has NEVER been any pressure from Heighway, and great communication, pure and simple.....if you want in, do it, if not, don't......all is good.....

#2819 8 years ago

I would also think for anyone that want the kickass large screen in the backbox, the LE becomes even more irrelevant. There is very little backbox artwork around the large screen frame, so ultimately, the only difference between LE and pimped SE would be the side art.

#2820 8 years ago

REALLY, that back box art is screaming for green Gottlieb system 80 style score displays and a DMD/LCD that shows ONLY animations and video clips that go with the mode its in....I dunno, just sayin.

#2821 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I would also think for anyone that want the kickass large screen in the backbox, the LE becomes even more irrelevant. There is very little backbox artwork around the large screen frame, so ultimately, the only difference between LE and pimped SE would be the side art.

Agreed. There seems to be zero pressure to obtain an LE early before they sell out. Just customize a standard and you're good to go.

I like this business model.

#2822 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

REALLY, that back box art is screaming for green Gottlieb system 8 style score displays and a DMD/LCD that shows ONLY animations and video clips that go with the mode its in....I dunno, just sayin.

I would actually love that.

#2823 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The reality is it's a new model. Pin2K flirted with it, but the swapping was harder, there were only two games, the second one sucked, and it wasn't aimed at a dual collector/op market.
So effectively we just don't know how people are going to treat this. Heighway needs to build up a catalog. When it's more than just Full Throttle and Alien I think that it will be more enticing, because it could end up being the cheapest way to get a bunch of high quality games.
Would anyone be surprised if more Full Throttle "kits" were sold to Alien owners than standalone Full Throttles?

i have been tossing all of this around and now leaning toward just getting the two complete games. a 4000.00 kit sitting in my shop is not as appealing as having two kickass games lit up in my gameroom for the extra 2000-2500. love the fact that there's a choice though.

#2825 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i have been tossing all of this around and now leaning toward just getting the two complete games. a 4000.00 kit sitting in my shop is not as appealing as having two kickass games lit up in my gameroom for the extra 2000-2500. love the fact that there's a choice though.

Yeah, I hear that. I'm tapped at 10 games, so I'm getting to the point where it's harder to shuffle things around. So the model is appealing in that regard.

Honestly right now I'm just buying early 80s Ballys, who knows, Alien could be the first new game I get back into.

#2826 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Sequel to Prometheus to be called Alien: Covenant.

I like Ridley Scott. But I'm disappointed that he's going this route such that the Blomkamp film had to be shelved, would have rather seen his take.

#2827 8 years ago

When will we get to see a Alien playfield PIC? When will the artwork be fully approved?

#2828 8 years ago

What a boring title treatment! Just a subtle star field with an ominous green glow. That shit should be packed to the gills with aliens and space hardware.

#2829 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

When will we get to see a Alien playfield PIC? When will the artwork be fully approved?

I honestly don't know. It's in Fox's hands at this point. And depending on what I need to change/adjust and how many revisions that takes it could be shorter or longer. Hoping for shorter!

This is how the sausage is made, every company deals with it, we're just showing you in real time. Nothing I can do right now to speed it up, we just have to let the process play out.

#2830 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like Ridley Scott. But I'm disappointed that he's going this route such that the Blomkamp film had to be shelved, would have rather seen his take.

There's room for both. Scott has said as much. Fox shelved Blomkamp's film, but hopefully it gets made before everyone gets even older.

I want both.

#2831 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shows $1650.00 difference between LE and Standard on the site. LE has all the options, plus artwork that cannot be had w a standard. Add up the cost of all the extras (Beacons, Shaker, badass fiber optics, hardware, etc.) plus the art you cannot buy.....now it makes sense (not that the purchase of a toy is supposed to make sense).
I would think if you knew that Alien would just be 1 playfield of many to be swapping, a Standard would make sense.
However, if this is a title that is a "must have" how could you not get the LE? As stated previously by many (including me), My LE will stay as is, in it's ultimate config. As other titles emerge, I'll decide what route to take.
Deposit has been fully refundable since day one, so not understanding what all the concern is over.

Cool,cool Mk6pin. Thanks for the breakdown. Kinda like having all the options included. I get it now. Now...fog machine hook up and flashing undercab lighting in escape the Nostromo mode. That would be cool.

#2832 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Cool,cool Mk6pin. Thanks for the breakdown. Kinda like having all the options included. I get it now. Now...fog machine hook up and flashing undercab lighting in escape the Nostromo mode. That would be cool.

Yep....it's Alien....I want it maxed out!!!

Andrew is about 5 hours ahead of us east coasters ( around 2am there)....but he responds VERY well to pm's regarding this machine during regular hours....think he's more of an Alien freak than any of us.......( even Aurich)...

In reference to your last sentence " fog machine hookup"......won't, can't speak for him, but just sayin'....he's listening to us....

This is going to be the badass pin to have......

#2833 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

think he's more of an Alien freak than any of us.......( even Aurich)...

Oh yeah. I'm a big fan, but he's a freaky freak compared to me.

#2834 8 years ago

Well it figures, the first game Andrew ever played was space invaders.

#2835 8 years ago

I have been eagerly following this game for some time now, and I think the only thing holding me back from pre-ordering at this point is the playfield artwork. Any ideas on when we're going to see that? A month? Two?

#2836 8 years ago

I don't know, since it depends on Fox and the approvals process. I would hope sooner than that.

#2837 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know, since it depends on Fox and the approvals process. I would hope sooner than that.

I hear you just call a number on the back of the DVD and get full approval.

#2838 8 years ago

Aurich, know your not in charge, but a more complete playing video even with no art would go a long way to helping me decide, need to see the shots and ramps, the early white wood was very basic, no ramps even.

#2839 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Be safe and use the Blu Ray, preferably the Special Edition.

#2840 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Aurich, know your not in charge, but a more complete playing video even with no art would go a long way to helping me decide, need to see the shots and ramps, the early white wood was very basic, no ramps even.

The mechanical stuff in Wales is totally out of my sphere. Since I'm not in the factory seeing the day to day stuff I don't even want to comment, my knowledge might be out of date.

Pinball is a long grind, no two ways about it. Lot of moving parts in more ways than one.

#2841 8 years ago

Hey Aurich, there has been some mentioning of an extra large LCD display option in the backbox (similar to JJP), if that's the case, would there be a different version of the translite that would fit this? I apologize if you already answered this somewhere else.

#2842 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm sure they will do that when they can then you, along with the rest of the folks who would need that, can decide...

#2843 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm always tempted to e-mail those addresses you see on pins sometimes, like "[email protected]" - I'm sure they're defunct now, but part of me always wonders "what if..."

#2844 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Hey Aurich, there has been some mentioning of an extra large LCD display option in the backbox (similar to JJP), if that's the case, would there be a different version of the translite that would fit this? I apologize if you already answered this somewhere else.

Yes, the backglass will have to be modified for the new screen. The logo will probably take up the top area, with decorative stuff around it and the sides, and the screen taking up the rest of it. I don't have a template yet for that to design to, but it's something I'll do at some point.

#2845 8 years ago
Quoted from jnauman:

One less. LE ordered.

One more less, just placed my LE order!

#2846 8 years ago

Does anyone have a link detailing the size dimensions of the Heighway pinball machine? I am trying to ensure I can fit it into the room

Jim

#2847 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does anyone have a link detailing the size dimensions of the Heighway pinball machine? I am trying to ensure I can fit it into the room
Jim

I don't know, and Andrew is traveling to Florida, but I can tell you the playfield is about 23" wide.

#2848 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

search "height" within this thread, it's there

#2849 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

search "height" within this thread, it's there

Ah, brilliant, good call. I did that, and condensed the information down to make it easy to read. Thanks to Xerico for doing the metric conversions, using his numbers.

Alien game height, without topper: 6 ft 2.8 inches
Alien game height, with topper: not 100% confirmed, but should add around 8"-11" to the height.

#2850 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

One more less, just placed my LE order!

stop buying pinball machines dude!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.