pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 569 of 601.
#28401 3 years ago

No, I don't use Pinball Browser and I don't know either if ALIEN is supported?

#28402 3 years ago

Nope. Pinball Browser works with Stern games mainly. (some support for data east/ball/williams dmd)

Quoted from Averell:

No, I don't use Pinball Browser and I don't know either if ALIEN is supported?

#28403 3 years ago

Tried to swap video files with sound inside, but it doesn't work.
If there's someone with good ideas or more experience - please let me know.

#28404 3 years ago

Maybe they separate the audio from the video file and have 2 files - one for the video and one for the audio.
I think that's how stern does it. I think is easier to process in the game a/v system.
Maybe you can look for a folder with sound files in it and see if they match the folder with the video files in it or have some logical naming convention to point to them.

Quoted from Averell:

Tried to swap video files with sound inside, but it doesn't work.
If there's someone with good ideas or more experience - please let me know.

#28405 3 years ago

I found a file with Ash, it's a video file with sound inside, but very small and not framed as the attract files.

#28406 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I found a file with Ash, it's a video file with sound inside, but very small and not framed as the attract files.

Thats awesome.

#28407 3 years ago

I don't understand about the settings in the video files if they should work with sound inside.

Otherwise it's a good idea to use both "AlienShooterGrooves", because they play as long as I want and they will loop.
So, with a nice fadein and fadeout it's a nice modification to play ALIEN and ALIENS classic music until a ball is fired into the game.
Maybe playing sound all the time in the attract videos might disturb after a while?

#28408 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Maybe they separate the audio from the video file and have 2 files - one for the video and one for the audio.
I think that's how stern does it. I think is easier to process in the game a/v system.
Maybe you can look for a folder with sound files in it and see if they match the folder with the video files in it or have some logical naming convention to point to them.

That is probably so they can layer sounds. Simpler from a code perspective if all sounds a separate.

#28409 3 years ago

I just swapped some sound files and changed the intro video to use the Heighway logo again.
I also only changed the "AlienShooterGroove" but left the "AliensShooterGroove" as it is, because it match good to the ALIENS movie.
This is much atmospheric now.

#28410 3 years ago

Another self destruct mode, this time got the xeno strobe in the apron kit to fire along at a [email protected] favorite beacon effect!!! Mind blown....love, love this game!!!!

#28411 3 years ago

hello !

i'm looking for the last software, but the link seems to be down. > https://oddchange.com/alien/
there is a new link ?
thanks
yann

#28412 3 years ago

hello again
i have an early alien pinball (playfield number 6).
since the begening i have troubles with the head mecanism (i have disabled it).
I don't know the origin on the problem (the tongue doesn't go in) the switch is working but the motor works only in the way out.

in the xeno test the jaw open, the tong goes out but at the moment of back to begenig position the motor make is noise but the tongue doesn't move

if i order the complete head assembly did you know if it will be different from s the first ones and it will fit on my game?
thanks !

#28413 3 years ago

Hello, a coil stop has broken on a bumper of my Alien. Do you know where i can get some replacement?
It's not standard wms/bally as it is 2.5cm larg.

Thanks for the help

IMG_20210129_190621.jpgIMG_20210129_190621.jpg

#28414 3 years ago

Look for spare from DataEast/STERN.

#28415 3 years ago

hey guys I have asked this before, but I need a little bit more help, I just got some lighted front legs (green) to install and Im looking at undercab green lighting. Would I just hook these up to the 12 volt like I did for the apron mod? Has anyone used like a 12 volt splitter so I can cannot multiple sources then one wire to the 12 volt ?

Thanks

#28416 3 years ago

Somehow the limit for the 12V power supply is in sight... take care.

#28417 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hey guys I have asked this before, but I need a little bit more help, I just got some lighted front legs (green) to install and Im looking at undercab green lighting. Would I just hook these up to the 12 volt like I did for the apron mod? Has anyone used like a 12 volt splitter so I can cannot multiple sources then one wire to the 12 volt ?
Thanks

Yep, and the nice thing - the adapter I supplied w the apron kit will plug right into the splitter and you're good to go. Be very careful where you mount it however, as the lit acrylics are in the side.

And you must upgrade the factory 12v power supply, or resets and other problems will occur. This is common on many games, btw (not just Alien). Many mod makers provide wall warts to plug into the service outlet for this very reason.

Think there have been models posted in here somewhere...you can pm me and I'll forward them to you if you can't find. Probably the single best thing I did to improve reliability of the game in general....

#28418 3 years ago

I have the apron I bought from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mk6pin-s-alien-apron-adventure and never installed. Game is going to be leaving soon and new owner does not want it. Send me a PM if your interested. I does have the motion tracker with it. I paid around $1250 for it.

#28419 3 years ago

happy birthday HR Giger

h-r-giger.jpg!Portrait (resized).jpgh-r-giger.jpg!Portrait (resized).jpg
#28420 3 years ago

I put it here for the record, the bumper coil stop can be replaced by the early williams A-8143.

#28421 3 years ago

Sure, why not... for instance, the entire flipper assy is similar to WPC incl. the crappy clamps.

#28422 3 years ago

Anyone has ordered @ gameroom.no ? I have placed an order since few weeks but no answer...
And i'm not confident in the direct bank transfer method for the payment

#28423 3 years ago
Quoted from AdreXis:

Anyone has ordered @ gameroom.no ? I have placed an order since few weeks but no answer...
And i'm not confident in the direct bank transfer method for the payment

Me too, ordered and waiting for response with shipping cost. Still no answer.

#28424 3 years ago

Does anyone have a PROGRAMMED Jaw board or know of one for sale.

I have spent the day trying to program mine to no avail. It relies on AVRdude which has not been supported in over a decade.

I am using the usbasp as detailed in the Weyland thread, but despite three different computers no dice.

On my mac the system recognizes the device, but when I try to use avrdude, it spits back that it cannot find it.

On windows 10 I cannot get anything to run. On Windows 8 I was receiving a dll error, but once I tracked that down avrdude throws a prompt that it failed to start.

#28425 3 years ago

Well, got it by downloading arguing idea and then copying where it calls avrdude. Not a fun night.

#28426 3 years ago

Played a 45 minute game. Twice I had a scene bonus of 1,2 billion. Got to all out war twice. 30 Weapons collected what helped alot to revive a ball with the flame thrower or smart gun.
I believe the 12x scene bonus what scored the 1.2 billion twice is a scoring bug. I hope this exceptional scoring can be reduced in an update. Also because I have no idea how I got the scene bonus and the multiplier. Some end of ball bonus do have a scene bonus and others don’t.

586074D5-047F-4B98-9F48-F96BEDAA1651 (resized).jpeg586074D5-047F-4B98-9F48-F96BEDAA1651 (resized).jpeg
#28427 3 years ago

3 balls per game... some extra balls scored.

#28428 3 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

I believe the 12x scene bonus what scored the 1.2 billion twice is a scoring bug. I hope this exceptional scoring can be reduced in an update. Also because I have no idea how I got the scene bonus and the multiplier. Some end of ball bonus do have a scene bonus and others don’t.

You earn Scene Bonus by winning modes. Scene Bonus is a percentage of the total score earned in each "won" mode on that ball. If you're legitimately getting 30 weapons (!) and getting to All Out War twice (!!), and getting 12x bonus along the way... you probably won quite a few modes, perhaps some while 2X scoring was running... getting a huge Scene Bonus is certainly plausible. At a high level, the idea is to make it be important to win modes, while also making the value of bonus significant so that tilting can incur a serious penalty beyond just loss of ball.

#28429 3 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Played a 45 minute game. Twice I had a scene bonus of 1,2 billion. Got to all out war twice. 30 Weapons collected what helped alot to revive a ball with the flame thrower or smart gun.
[quoted image]

4.36 Billion!!!! What the fuck dude, are you a Witch??

QSS

#28430 3 years ago

There is also a Hold Bonus award, which could explain receiving it on two different balls.

#28431 3 years ago

Hello

I would like to modify the game.
I have the pinprog and vidprog files but I don't know how to open the scrypt which can tell me how to do it thanks

#28432 3 years ago

Ummm... those are compiled binaries. Modifying them would be a significant undertaking.

#28433 3 years ago

If it were that easy, I would have done it already.

#28434 3 years ago

Finally got my armor back...game is more beautiful than ever. Showing pics w lights up and dimmed to playing position. Dark, dark green sparkle and black ink that just adds enough in game setting. Tired of seeing the vein effect on all the games, so wanted something that gave it class, then got creepy when the lights went down.

Side bonus- the entire magazine is coated, so the underside reflects the EL blades and lighting in an amazing way. Doubt you can tell in the pics.

There are games, and then there is Alien. Such a machine!!

(Heard these were going down in price because of remake statement (!) Lol...$20k doesn't touch this one)

IMG_20210218_213607906 (resized).jpgIMG_20210218_213607906 (resized).jpgIMG_20210219_210226617 (resized).jpgIMG_20210219_210226617 (resized).jpgIMG_20210219_210249436 (resized).jpgIMG_20210219_210249436 (resized).jpg

#28435 3 years ago

Pretty much done modding this machine. I do have the fab group making my air manifold for negative air inside the cab, then will enjoy the game as long as I'm in the hobby....

#28436 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ummm... those are compiled binaries. Modifying them would be a significant undertaking.

i just want to be able to read the scrypte not modify it for the moment it is python under linux its should be able to open. the person who made the update to 1.4 may well have been able to open it.

thank you to the one who can help me it's very important but I can't talk about it right away

#28437 3 years ago
Quoted from chucky87:

i just want to be able to read the scrypte not modify it for the moment it is python under linux its should be able to open. the person who made the update to 1.4 may well have been able to open it.

Trust me, it is not Python.

The person who did the 1.4 update was one of the original programmers.

I'm the other original programmer.

#28438 3 years ago

Thank you furet for the information what I wanted to do is to retrieve the information of each mission to know what I must do for such or such mission .... Multiball .... Etc .... Know each point of the score when touching the drops ... Targuet. Is it possible to speak in private?

#28439 3 years ago

Averell has produced the most comprehensive rule sheet that I know of for Alien... it doesn't list every single target value, but it's a pretty thorough guide to the game.

https://images.pinside.com/d/39/d1/d39d17aa279f8afe6ffa3782a58b751f1440ae0e.pdf

There may be a more recent version, I'm sure he will chime in if there is

#28440 3 years ago
Quoted from chucky87:

Thank you furet for the information what I wanted to do is to retrieve the information of each mission to know what I must do for such or such mission .... Multiball .... Etc .... Know each point of the score when touching the drops ... Targuet. Is it possible to speak in private?

Are you working on a virtual Alien pin? Your questions seems like you’re trying to recreate the game virtually.
Is this also for a business or a personal project?

#28441 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Averell has produced the most comprehensive rule sheet that I know of for Alien... it doesn't list every single target value, but it's a pretty thorough guide to the game.
https://images.pinside.com/d/39/d1/d39d17aa279f8afe6ffa3782a58b751f1440ae0e.pdf
There may be a more recent version, I'm sure he will chime in if there is

V 1.4 is noted in the change log so this is probably up to date, which is great and perfect timing as I'm joining the group in a week or 2! Alot to digest in this group and its 28441 comments!

#28442 3 years ago

Revision 1.2 of the Rulesheet is the latest version that has been released yet and it includes the change logs of software update 1.4.
If there's any new information or missing description, please let me know.
The latest version is also available at IPDB.

MK6PIN
Very nice powder coating... now you have the ultimate Black Star Edition
I hope to receive the new test board next week and I will post some information then.

#28443 3 years ago

Today I found something great in the mailbox - many thanks to Twister.
This is the ultimate ALIEN tester, with which you can test pretty much all components on the ALIEN - even when installed.
However, I still need to complete the small adapter board for this.
Additionally I will write a small description... maximum one double page.

DSCN8502 (resized).JPGDSCN8502 (resized).JPG

DSCN8503 (resized).JPGDSCN8503 (resized).JPG

DSCN8504[1] (resized).JPGDSCN8504[1] (resized).JPG

#28444 3 years ago

and they stiiiiilll haven't reached out to you for advice? or a job!?!

#28445 3 years ago

My game is missing the large plastic that covers the psb and also the one for the computer. Does anyone have the sizes? Any recommendations on where I could order it and what type of plastic to get?

#28446 3 years ago

Hi there,
Sometimes the Xeno-tongue gets stuck at the moment when grabbing the ball...this came after updating
the game code from v.1.2 to 1.4
Any suggestions except reinstalling 1.2?
Thanks in advance!

#28447 3 years ago

This is not a software problem, it depends on the machanical side... you have an issue witt the tongue support bracket or either the stepper motor.

#28448 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

My game is missing the large plastic that covers the psb and also the one for the computer. Does anyone have the sizes? Any recommendations on where I could order it and what type of plastic to get?

We made one from scratch out of lexan from the hardware store, and hex standoffs.

#28449 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Are you working on a virtual Alien pin? Your questions seems like you’re trying to recreate the game virtually.
Is this also for a business or a personal project?

exactly, free amateur project under vpx

#28450 3 years ago
Quoted from chucky87:

exactly, free amateur project under vpx

Sounds good ! You should share more on your project, it would be great. Use this version and not the new PB one, this one is the one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 569 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/569 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.