DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 566 of 601.
#28251 3 years ago

Everything will be as MK6Pin made it. I dont change anything.

#28252 3 years ago

Does this look right so far ? The yellow wire was already there
Thanks

36067943-ED40-4C93-BC55-3BDDED0F3489 (resized).jpeg36067943-ED40-4C93-BC55-3BDDED0F3489 (resized).jpeg
#28253 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does this look right so far ? The yellow wire was already there
Thanks
[quoted image]

WAIT!! Are you on the 70v power supply? Make sure you are adding the adapter to the 12v dc supply...( Smaller one as shown in the install manual and pic attached)

You can PM me and/ or move to the dedicated apron thread if that helps
IMG_20210101_164413161 (resized).jpgIMG_20210101_164413161 (resized).jpg

#28254 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those look great. As a custom accent to the amazing #Mk6pin apron did you consider adding those yellow/black strips around the cards to give more uniform look?

I'd thought about it...but looked a little " segmented" to me. Figured someone might try that effect w custom cards. Will be fun to see the cards...

#28255 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Still working on this, but the end is in sight.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can't wait to see this in your beautiful machine!!!

#28256 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Everything will be as MK6Pin made it. I dont change anything.

Not sure I understand sorry. I wasn't suggesting you change Anything MK6pin did as it looks perfect I was suggesting you add the yellow/black strips to the cards I assume you made to they fit his work perfectly.

#28257 3 years ago

Happy New Year everyone.
OK, I'm just installing my complete playfield protector and found that the playfield capture MAGNET hole is NOT cutout. I sent an email to Frank at Playfield Protector who informed me this is an intentional oversight so as to completely protect and prevent dimples and deformation of the magnet and the magnet will continue to work as expected!
Does anyone have this same construct from Playfield Protectors with the MAGNET (NOT) cut out, and does it work normally capturing the ball?
I've always have good relations with them but this seems a little counter-intuitive, and IF their wrong, cause quite a bit of needless work and effort to fix it!

Any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated because I'm chomping at the bit to get back up and running, but always been obsessive in my rebuilds.

#28258 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Happy New Year everyone.
OK, I'm just installing my complete playfield protector and found that the playfield capture MAGNET hole is NOT cutout. I sent an email to Frank at Playfield Protector who informed me this is an intentional oversight so as to completely protect and prevent dimples and deformation of the magnet and the magnet will continue to work as expected!
Does anyone have this same construct from Playfield Protectors with the MAGNET (NOT) cut out, and does it work normally capturing the ball?
I've always have good relations with them but this seems a little counter-intuitive, and IF their wrong, cause quite a bit of needless work and effort to fix it!
Any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated because I'm chomping at the bit to get back up and running, but always been obsessive in my rebuilds.

just my opinion.. but did u ask Frank if they sell it with both options? if not, and there is only one style then trust the man or don't buy his products. he gave you his word in an email.. what more do you need to be convinced?

#28259 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Happy New Year everyone.

Yep it works just fine on my machine mate!

It's a great idea for protecting clearcoat edges at the magnet, and stops the core top face from becoming deformed.

Downside is that your protector won't last forever. Protector has clearly been on my machine since long before I got it. Showing minor signs that it is beginning to distort.

Don't notice any difference between my mates game which does not have a protector. That game is mothballed until we get a protector on it though now, to prevent any more damage, which has proven to be a certainty without a protector, a few places besides the magnet.

Playing (even home use as my mates is) this game, OG Alien, with no protector is madness imho.

#28260 3 years ago

Happy new year ..

A picture from the factory hall BuT Hamburg.
Posted with allowens from BuT Hamburg.

IMG_9769 (resized).JPGIMG_9769 (resized).JPG
#28261 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

just my opinion.. but did u ask Frank if they sell it with both options? if not, and there is only one style then trust the man or don't buy his products. he gave you his word in an email.. what more do you need to be convinced?

Thanks for your quick response.
Your insipid reply doesn't answer any of my questions but again it's just your opinion on the subject matter.
NO 2nd option is available and his response was fine only after considering the amount of work it would take if he was wrong did I ask on the blog.

Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep it works just fine on my machine mate!

Now this is a proper response, not some TROLL bait.
Thanks razorsedge for your clear and concise response. Nice to know actual field results!

#28262 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Happy new year ..
A picture from the factory hall BuT Hamburg.
Posted with allowens from BuT Hamburg.[quoted image]

Looks like 150\170 PF, isn't it?

#28263 3 years ago

I’ve done protectors over time but the scratches on petg dull the shine, and debris seems to get under the protectors, and some areas often stick more, creating some distortion. So I’m just doing Cliffies these days and also put Mylar over the screen/playfield edge after leveling it better. Can still buy another playfield as well... I used to like them and even made my own for a couple of games, but after you cut the thing off and the game plays better, that kind of did it for me.

#28264 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’ve done protectors over time but the scratches on petg dull the shine, and debris seems to get under the protectors, and some areas often stick more, creating some distortion. So I’m just doing Cliffies these days and also put Mylar over the screen/playfield edge after leveling it better. Can still buy another playfield as well... I used to like them and even made my own for a couple of games, but after you cut the thing off and the game plays better, that kind of did it for me.

If the playfield is not flat like glass, or the protector not fitted well (they need to be drawn by capiliary action with air as the medium) then yep they are a waste of time. There Needs to be No Gap at all between protector and playfield or else they play like crap.

The difference is Extremely noticable between well fitted and badly fitted. In my experience a well fitted playfield protector plays the same or better (by that I mean faster/smoother) than a new flat cleared playfield. If you like wax finish then wax your protector (carefully without going to the edges). Well fitted also means crap does not get underneath so much. Ratty playfields with raised or sunk inserts and inconsistency aren't made magically new with a protector either.

If you see reflection distortion as a ball rolls over a protector then it is not fitted very well, acts like a energy absorber, and plays awful!. I've made plenty of protector mistakes. Got it worked out now though and swear by them.

I've also made my own for games where they are unavailable. Cutting without distortion is the biggest challenge with that, you need to pick the right method to cut or it will not sit flat and solid. Springy and squishy is what makes for bad protector experience.

*btw: my Alien playfield protector was fitted very badly by one of it's previous owners. You can Not lap playfield protectors over Cliffys or any other obstructions. The entire surface needs to be in contact with the playfield surface. Game plays okay, but it is on the list for me to strip the game and fit playfield protector properly so that the game plays how it should. Example, protector fouls on flipper bushing and/or "filler" so that it is away from playfield, this makes trying to trap on the left flipper really suck. It is still protecting things, so not that fussed just for now, but needs doing. Also with scratching, better than the old PeT-G is Vivac, which these are (better at resisting scratching). Scratching can be controlled a bit too by the waxing, but what ever way make sure you have good ballz.

#28265 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If the playfield is not flat like glass, or the protector not fitted well (they need to be drawn by capiliary action with air as the medium) then yep they are a waste of time. There Needs to be No Gap at all between protector and playfield or else they play like crap.
The difference is Extremely noticable between well fitted and badly fitted. In my experience playfield protector plays the same or better than a new flat cleared playfield. Well fitted also means crap does not get underneath so much. Ratty playfields with raised or sunk inserts and inconsistency aren't made magically new with a protector either.
If you see reflection distortion as a ball rolls over a protector then it is not fitted very well, acts like a energy absorber, and plays awful!. I've made plenty of protector mistakes. Got it worked out now though and swear by them.
I've also made my own for games where they are unavailable. Cutting without distortion is the biggest challenge with that, you need to pick the right method to cut or it will not sit flat and solid. Springy and squishy is what makes for bad protector experience.

I'm sure the guy I sold my JJPOTCCE to was happy I put one on!

#28266 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Don't notice any difference between my mates game which does not have a protector. That game is mothballed until we get a protector on it though now, to prevent any more damage, which has proven to be a certainty without a protector, many places besides the magnet.
Playing (even home use as my mates is) this game, OG Alien, with no protector is madness imho.

Any chance you could point out on a PF where you typically see wear marks? And would mylar work in those areas or do you need the extra protection from a PF protector?

#28267 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Any chance you could point out on a PF where you typically see wear marks? And would mylar work in those areas or do you need the extra protection from a PF protector?

Worst place I see on the playfield I have is around the magnet. I think this is probably what led to the protector being fitted, finally. Not an easy spot for a cliffy or something similar to be effective by the looks.

Scoop kickout, beyond where the cliffy goes, as with so many games.

Screen borders, providing insert is flush/level.

Some might prefer mylar, but mylar not enough to protect fully around the magnet from what I seen, especially once core starts to get mashed up a bit at the top exposed face (mostly the edges splaying out with burrs).

#28268 3 years ago

Can someone post more information about the 12volt mouser power supply and capacitors please? I know you guys have done it and I have seen the capacitor diagram a million times and could stare it all day without actually knowing what to do. Anyone have some simple step by step instructions for either one? or both?
Thanks

#28269 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can someone post more information about the 12volt mouser power supply and capacitors please? I know you guys have done it and I have seen the capacitor diagram a million times and could stare it all day without actually knowing what to do. Anyone have some simple step by step instructions for either one? or both?
Thanks

It's on the 70V ... the Cap mod. ... afaik anyway.

#28271 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It's on the 70V ... the Cap mod. ... afaik anyway.

yes I saw that, I guess I will review the posts again on this thread and figure it out

#28272 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yes I saw that, I guess I will review the posts again on this thread and figure it out

Kneissl posted a nice diagram w part #'s, and I believe I put the couple of mouser alts in for the 12v side in here somewhere.

Wonder where @helmut went? He always had great input, specifically around power causing the majority of issues....

#28273 3 years ago

hi somebody have an invisible trigger location diagram? thank you

#28274 3 years ago
Quoted from chucky87:

hi somebody have an invisible trigger location diagram? thank you

On this topic as a part 2 ... is everyone else's Airlock Scoop Switch retro wired to some redundant playfield field effect switch? ... I found this a while ago when working on the game, I fitted a connector as the switch wires were soldered both ends. I needed to remove the board.

I think it was an unused switch location in the chestburster lane...

#28275 3 years ago

Anyone have an original coin door sticker?

Shoot me a PM if you've got one...much appreciated....mark

#28276 3 years ago

Question on the hypersleep ramp. It is my most challenging shot in the game so far. Is there a way to make it easier? Getting hypersleep multiball is challenging, which is good on the reward side, but getting it more than once in a game has been difficult. Loving the game, thanks to this club for getting me there! Alien is on another level.

#28277 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Question on the hypersleep ramp. It is my most challenging shot in the game so far. Is there a way to make it easier? Getting hypersleep multiball is challenging, which is good on the reward side, but getting it more than once in a game has been difficult. Loving the game, thanks to this club for getting me there! Alien is on another level.

I'll often make it when trying to shoot the upper orbit.... and then it tells me "complete APC targets to light lock"

I tend to make a point now of getting those drops knocked out in short order... just in case

More you practice better it becomes, like the garage on RaM.

#28278 3 years ago

Hey guys for many months my machine was just fine launching balls, now it once again hits the right wall and bounces back into the trough, then gets all messed up and then spits out two balls. I thought I had it figured out because it was simple leveling issue, and that fixed it right away again for many months. I just measured my pitch its about 6.3 in between flippers.. what number are u guys using as the pitch?
Thanks

#28279 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys for many months my machine was just fine launching balls, now it once again hits the right wall and bounces back into the trough, then gets all messed up and then spits out two balls. I thought I had it figured out because it was simple leveling issue, and that fixed it right away again for many months. I just measured my pitch its about 6.3 in between flippers.. what number are u guys using as the pitch?
Thanks

Has your kickout plate been corrected at all?

#28280 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

Heres mine. You should adjust the power.
Its not going to be 100% I still have the odd one bounce back.

bubble (resized).JPGbubble (resized).JPG
#28281 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Has your kickout plate been corrected at all?

Can u elaborate please. Thanks man.

#28282 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can u elaborate please. Thanks man.

I'd have to search back through the thread posts, not enough key posts and I don't believe I remembered to bookmark... plus it is tough atm on mobile device... and not at the game.

My game has not had any problems with double ball launches or bouncing back into the trough. I believe the bend/tweak is already done to my game before I got it.

It's about bending the striker plate at the kickout point to the lane, so that the ball deflects more down the shooter lane, rather than straight against the wood rail.

I hope someone else can elaborate whom has actually carried out this mod/adjustment.

#28283 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Heres mine. You should adjust the power.
Its not going to be 100% I still have the odd one bounce back.[quoted image]

Is that a shooter lane protector set?

#28284 3 years ago

Yes I made this with Cliffy together.
The guide on the left outlet of the ball trough should be bend more to the left to open the ball exhaust, so the ball will jump out into the shooter lane and won't reflect in the ball trough again.
And play around with the coil power...

#28285 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'll often make it when trying to shoot the upper orbit.... and then it tells me "complete APC targets to light lock"
I tend to make a point now of getting those drops knocked out in short order... just in case
More you practice better it becomes, like the garage on RaM.

Practice, there you go! Sometimes I've taken the glass off a game just to get that one shot right... After posting that, of course, I was hitting the shot more consistently.

#28286 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

PF needs to be perfectly level ( left to right), and I run Alien at 6.5 pitch ( front to back) which works fine for me.

I had to do a very slight bend of the trough feed towards the launcher which fixed the loading issue, along w turning the power down.

Sometimes you will get fooled thinking it's the mech when in fact the balls have become magnetized and don't seperate proper....just some thoughts..

#28287 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend anywhere in the US to acquire a replacement xeno head assembly? Or is Free-play the only source for these?

#28288 3 years ago

Pinballlife had several (rare) parts for Alien.
Other sources are mr. pinball australia and .... sweden. No other resources yet.

#28289 3 years ago

If you need the assembly freeplay is it. If you need just the plastics shoot me a message.

#28290 3 years ago

Take a closer look here... all ALIEN parts available again.

https://www.gameroom.no/product-category/parts_by_game/heighway_pinball/alien/page/7/

#28291 3 years ago

Question for you guys. Can this LED strip from game room.no plug into somewhere inside Alien?
Thanks, Michael

https://www.gameroom.no/product/led-strip-flexconnect-with-3528-smd-leds-100-cm/

#28292 3 years ago

Welcome.
Here we are showing that our Digital Printed Playfields have Balls.
In this video we show that it is possible to digital print playfields without pooling, cracking and chipping. We were ask to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields. In this video we tried extremly to achive pooling, chipping and cracking. The only thing we could destroy is our solid work bench.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

#28293 3 years ago

I just watched Aliens (watched Alien last week). Had not seen in decades was very good and I liked Aliens better as the action was better and still had moments of horror and the creatures in Aliens were more vicious and didn’t look so much like a man in a suit.

I now get the sentry guns and their prominent position on the game.

I really like the tracking device not sure how badly it’ll be missed from the central PF display.

I think the movie scenes as modes are very unique although to be honest the first movie scenes are more sedate, less action compared to the second movie which is wall to wall action.

PS the two movies are so great directors with Scott and Cameron two of the greatest Sci-fi directors and how I saw connections to Avatar with the mech suit in Aliens.

#28294 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Welcome.
In this video we show that it is possible to digital print playfields without pooling, cracking and chipping. We were ask to produce Alien playfields for the Pinball Brothers, they didnt want to go cheap, they wanted quality playfields. In this video we tried extremly to achive pooling, chipping and cracking. The only thing we could destroy is our solid work bench.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Yep, that ink is Definitely well stuck to the wood!!

#28295 3 years ago

Great to see this site!!! Will hope they eventually offer the set of LEDPCB boards and my redundancy is complete!!

#28296 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Welcome.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Holyshit. Impressive.

#28297 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great to see this site!!! Will hope they eventually offer the set of LEDPCB boards and my redundancy is complete!!

Yeesh, the markup is nuts. Would pick up some parts but at those prices bo fucking way.

#28298 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yeesh, the markup is nuts. Would pick up some parts but at those prices bo fucking way.

What is the second xenonmorph head for?

#28299 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

True.....I grabbed pretty much what I needed early as containers were parted out. Could kick myself for not grabbing those boards when they were available and (somewhat) reasonable.

This whole thing is going to be interesting to watch play out.......(or not)

#28300 3 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Welcome.
Enjoy the video.
Leon and Peter
Buthamburg Team

Awesome!!

Dope!!!

Quoted from dung:

Ouch!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 566 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/566?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.