zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 565 of 601.
#28202 3 years ago

If they still shout out these mad prices, I'm not impressed.
Would be more useful to have schematics, plans and service manual.

#28203 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If they still shout out these mad prices, I'm not impressed.
Would be more useful to have schematics, plans and service manual.

If anyone come to a solution to split to 2 PCB boards for each with a bridge or something like that’... I think it could solve the only real flaw of the old Alien which is the service. Replacing a Led without removing the whole PCB which is a pain to access.

#28204 3 years ago

As a full throttle owner I wonder if they will release the version of the code that works on aliens x86 computer. The utilite arm computer used in full throttle is nla.

#28205 3 years ago

I seem to recall there was a version of FT that worked on the Alien computer. Perhaps check with Brian Dominy.

Quoted from dung:

As a full throttle owner I wonder if they will release the version of the code that works on aliens x86 computer. The utilite arm computer used in full throttle is nla.

#28206 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

If anyone come to a solution to split to 2 PCB boards for each with a bridge or something like that’... I think it could solve the only real flaw of the old Alien which is the service. Replacing a Led without removing the whole PCB which is a pain to access.

If anyone is courageous enough to make new PCB, it would be 6 new PCB for instance (instead of 3) to sell for each owners unless maybe PB makes their New PCB compatible with the old Alien.

It would be a great idea...

There is a market ...

#28207 3 years ago

Yep this is great news, they seem to be doing all the right things. Looking forward to following their progress and hope they can execute their plans

#28208 3 years ago

Upper right flipper only works half the time. Any tips on what might be causing greatly appreciated!

#28209 3 years ago

With the recent announcement of the remake I am wondering if anyone is thinking of selling their game and/or extra parts they might have acquired for their games? I'm not looking for a game as I already have one but I am looking to get a few backup parts for my game so I thought I might ask here.

PM me with what you have and what you'd sell it for. I'd be looking for:

- 5" Backbox Screen
- 27" Backbox Screen
- Backboard plastic
- Complete ball trough assembly
- Complete flipper assembly (left and right)
- Complete drop target assembly
- Complete pop bumper assembly (1 or 2 assemblies)
- Complete up post assembly
- Pop bumper egg (open version)
- 2 Facehuggers (New and improved version)
- Stepper PCB
- Single LED's (Looking for more than 1)
- Xenomorph Assembly
- Game computer
- Plastic Part 16 & 17
- 3 large black PCB boards (under the playfield)
- Playfield screen plastic
- Playfield monitor
- Target switch board with LED
- Low Power Coil
- High Power Coil
- Inductive switch

I already have a playfield, I/O boards, Power supply board, PETG plastics so I don't need those items.

I may have missed a couple of important items from my wanted list so let me know what else you might have.

I'd prefer to make a bulk purchase for a bunch of these items so let me know if you might be looking to move these parts.

QSS

#28210 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Upper right flipper only works half the time. Any tips on what might be causing greatly appreciated!

Like works... stops working.. then starts working again?

This sounds like the old problem with the overvoltage circuits on the IO board.

#28211 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

What's the I/O board rev? They were 3 different colors (believe green, 2x blue, then PB orange), w 4 revs as I recall, dealing w the overcurrent issues. Having an old board that can't update = worse case. Best case = a loose wire. Their crimping skills were spotty depending on when your game was built.

I always look at the simplest things first (tip from LTG years ago). The newer boards actually behave fine w new code. Remember to update the boards after installing 1.4. Many skip/ forget this. They all have to match, code wise, or oddness pursists. Best...mark

#28212 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

So I got it fixed. A full Re-image to 1.02 and then updated code to 1.2 and it’s back up and running. Really wasn’t too difficult. Followed the instructions at http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html
Thanks again for the help everyone!

Sweet!!! (behind in my reads...)

#28213 3 years ago

Before I spend $240 to get a new motherboard from Alibaba, do any of you guys have an extra you want to sell? Also, I'm having trouble getting into the link for the version 1.4 code update. Is 1.3 good enough?

quad core (resized).jpgquad core (resized).jpg
#28214 3 years ago

These were going for 400 bucks from Freeplay when you could have got them.
They're excellent quality units. If anyone is selling cheaper................there has to be a reason.
I got one for myself and I recommend.

1.3 had problems and it wasn't finished. 1.4 was last update done.

#28215 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

These were going for 400 bucks from Freeplay when you could have got them.
They're excellent quality units. If anyone is selling cheaper................there has to be a reason.
I got one for myself and I recommend.
1.3 had problems and it wasn't finished. 1.4 was last update done.

No middle man. That is basically it. I got 4 for peeps here and for myself. They're the same, and they're fine! 250us.

Two lots of shipping and stuff as well. They aren't running a charity there obviously either.

Do have to put the image on there yourself, that's all.

#28216 3 years ago

Any owners could you say how the rules stack up and compare to (similar) for example Stern Star Trek (or another game that it would be comparable to)?

I said ST as an example because it seems similar in that it has 2 movies and it takes scenes from the movie and makes them into modes you progress through.

ST has 6 movie scenes but each one is divided into 3 so that in a way it's 18 with 3 mini wizards and 3 multiball modes. I like ST has a lot of modes but the mini wizards are not super interesting more like collect jackpots.

Alien has 4+1 each movie plus 5 multiball modes. On the surface it seems like Alien is not as deep (not as many missions as ST mainly because ST has scenes broken into 3 levels so that gives ST 18 rather than 8 or 10 for Alien).

If ST is not a good comparison could you give a better game that compares to Alien.

#28217 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any owners could you say how the rules stack up and compare to (similar) for example Stern Star Trek (or another game that it would be comparable to)?
I said ST as an example because it seems similar in that it has 2 movies and it takes scenes from the movie and makes them into modes you progress through.
ST has 6 movie scenes but each one is divided into 3 so that in a way it's 18 with 3 mini wizards and 3 multiball modes. I like ST has a lot of modes but the mini wizards are not super interesting more like collect jackpots.
Alien has 4+1 each movie plus 5 multiball modes. On the surface it seems like Alien is not as deep (not as many missions as ST mainly because ST has scenes broken into 3 levels so that gives ST 18 rather than 8 or 10 for Alien).
If ST is not a good comparison could you give a better game that compares to Alien.

I don't know Star Trek at all, but each Alien or Aliens mode has several steps to progress through it (some more some less), if that's what you mean, similar with RaM Adventures.

Multi ball modes loop through several phases and either loop back repeat until multiball ends (like Sentry Guns or Hypersleep), or until complete for mode type multiballs (like Newt).

Sentry Guns can be Stacked onto the other multiballs but not other way round.

#28218 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I don't know Star Trek at all, but each Alien or Aliens mode has several steps to progress through it (some more some less), if that's what you mean, similar with RaM Adventures.

I see.

On ST each mode continues so if you don't finish and you drain, you start back where you were on the next ball. Alien the mode is satisfied when you drain (like R&M) I think that's what it said in the rules.

#28219 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I see.
On ST each mode continues so if you don't finish and you drain, you start back where you were on the next ball. Alien the mode is satisfied when you drain (like R&M) I think that's what it said in the rules.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/564#post-6025440

It is Very Detailed in this post and Way more info than I could remember off hand!!

Worth checking out to learn if you want to know!!

https://images.pinside.com/c/ab/5c/cab5c32522b34745a9e3370ca6aa0745b9296d62.pdf

cab5c32522b34745a9e3370ca6aa0745b9296d62.pdfcab5c32522b34745a9e3370ca6aa0745b9296d62.pdf

#28220 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/564#post-6025440
It is Very Detailed in this post and Way more info than I could remember off hand!!
Worth checking out to learn if you want to know!!
https://images.pinside.com/c/ab/5c/cab5c32522b34745a9e3370ca6aa0745b9296d62.pdf
[quoted image]

Have you ever gone all the way through and completed All Out War? From what I recall it wasn't a game you'd master easily, then again I'm not the best player and I only got to put a few games on it at Flip Out in Melbourne.

#28221 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you ever gone all the way through and completed All Out War? From what I recall it wasn't a game you'd master easily, then again I'm not the best player and I only got to put a few games on it at Flip Out in Melbourne.

Nope

Closest I seen really is the rough 15 min vid of Dion blowing up my machine Lol

1/3 of the way in we mount the camera after a ball drain*
Also the tongue was full of gummy old grease and jamming up, which since has been fixed*

All he had left to go was Derelict Ship and Self Destruct... then All Out War would have been lit.

This is about the same as the best I have ever done for progression, but I'd never had 2 of basically every multiball as well like he did

#28222 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Alien has some modifiers that Star Trek doesn't have (from the weapons). Star Trek has more modes/dots due to the 3 levels of missions.. but Alien probably arguably some more interesting qualifier shots/logic. Alien is initially harder for people due to having to make the inlanes to qualify the movie modes. There are several paths in front of you to pick from in alien besides just trying to start movie modes. Star trek is pretty much modes, vengence or klingnon mulitball.

I'd say Star Trek is more vanilla in terms of branching.. where most of the strategy in the game is in advanced people working out which modes or level3 modes they want to pursue to lock in those shot boosters. It has scoring strategies, but I think most games play out the same way. Try to complete a lot of modes, get MB when convenient, dabble in vengence when you need to.

Alien rewards you for stacking multiballs, has the main movie modes, but has other action in at least 3-4 other areas. I think most people feel they have 'alot to discover' in alien. Ferret is really a rule/scoring monk... so he puts a lot of thought and effort into the game play. I don't think you'd be disappointed as long as you are the type that can deal with 'there is more than one way to play this thing...'

#28223 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Alien has some modifiers that Star Trek doesn't have (from the weapons). Star Trek has more modes/dots due to the 3 levels of missions.. but Alien probably arguably some more interesting qualifier shots/logic. Alien is initially harder for people due to having to make the inlanes to qualify the movie modes. There are several paths in front of you to pick from in alien besides just trying to start movie modes. Star trek is pretty much modes, vengence or klingnon mulitball.
I'd say Star Trek is more vanilla in terms of branching.. where most of the strategy in the game is in advanced people working out which modes or level3 modes they want to pursue to lock in those shot boosters. It has scoring strategies, but I think most games play out the same way. Try to complete a lot of modes, get MB when convenient, dabble in vengence when you need to.
Alien rewards you for stacking multiballs, has the main movie modes, but has other action in at least 3-4 other areas. I think most people feel they have 'alot to discover' in alien. Ferret is really a rule/scoring monk... so he puts a lot of thought and effort into the game play. I don't think you'd be disappointed as long as you are the type that can deal with 'there is more than one way to play this thing...'

That sounds great. Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

#28224 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

With the recent announcement of the remake I am wondering if anyone is thinking of selling their game and/or extra parts they might have acquired for their games? I'm not looking for a game as I already have one but I am looking to get a few backup parts for my game so I thought I might ask here.
PM me with what you have and what you'd sell it for. I'd be looking for:
- 5" Backbox Screen
- 27" Backbox Screen
- Backboard plastic
- Complete ball trough assembly
- Complete flipper assembly (left and right)
- Complete drop target assembly
- Complete pop bumper assembly (1 or 2 assemblies)
- Complete up post assembly
- Pop bumper egg (open version)
- 2 Facehuggers (New and improved version)
- Stepper PCB
- Single LED's (Looking for more than 1)
- Xenomorph Assembly
- Game computer
- Plastic Part 16 & 17
- 3 large black PCB boards (under the playfield)
- Playfield screen plastic
- Playfield monitor
- Target switch board with LED
- Low Power Coil
- High Power Coil
- Inductive switch
I already have a playfield, I/O boards, Power supply board, PETG plastics so I don't need those items.
I may have missed a couple of important items from my wanted list so let me know what else you might have.
I'd prefer to make a bulk purchase for a bunch of these items so let me know if you might be looking to move these parts.
QSS

For the backbox screen you can just do a google search for the model number which is: M270HVN02.1. Should be 27-inch 1920x1080. My screen was damaged when I bought the pin and was able to replace it with that version. Works and fits exactly like the original. It will not include the metal bracket that holds the screen so you will need to keep that and swap out just the LCD component.

#28225 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No middle man. That is basically it. I got 4 for peeps here and for myself. They're the same, and they're fine! 250us.
Two lots of shipping and stuff as well. They aren't running a charity there obviously either.
Do have to put the image on there yourself, that's all.

I have been wanting to get an spare MB for mine also. You don't happen to still have any.

#28226 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That sounds great. Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Maybe Ferret will give his more informed take... since he owns star trek too and he is usually very selective in what games they keep in the house.

#28227 3 years ago

I haven't played it in years and don't recall anything about the guns.

#28228 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Well, when you’re ready to put up or back down, I’ve got $1,000 I’ll put up on this bet. We’ll find an online escrow site that will hold Both of our funds. We’ll set a reasonable date of when this phantom machine will be available to see who’s right and who’s full of it, and it’ll be set. Sound good?

Did you ever make this bet a few months ago?

You sure sounded arrogant.

#28229 3 years ago

Hi there,
where can i get the 1.4 code? The oddchange-link is unavailable.
Thanks!

#28230 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Did you ever make this bet a few months ago?
You sure sounded arrogant.

Nope. He passed. Just interested in everyone sharing info. Thanks for your belated interest.

#28231 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballoo:

Hi there,
where can i get the 1.4 code? The oddchange-link is unavailable.
Thanks!

Shoot me a PM with your email adress ....

#28232 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Shoot me a PM with your email adress ....

Thanks, Averell just helped me out

#28233 3 years ago

Got my new Apron in today, now waiting for the instructions.. first thing I did when I opened the box was drop one of the acrylic aliens on the floor.. luckily no damage haha.

#28234 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got my new Apron in today, now waiting for the instructions.. first thing I did when I opened the box was drop one of the acrylic aliens on the floor.. luckily no damage haha.

Underestimated shipping speed. Install manual will be complete, lots of pics, hopefully a day or so. ( Those Xeno acrylics are alternates of the mounted ones thrown in as several wanted to have a set...careful.. )

#28235 3 years ago

Soon, the Installation Instruction is available, so be patience, Mark and I work on this .

#28236 3 years ago

When will this bad boy be available?

#28237 3 years ago

Got my apron in yesterday morning Mark. This thing looks so awesome and a lot better in person. Shook the box upside down and sideways and couldn’t find the instructions, but later on in the evening I received your email with a PDF file containing the instructions and pictures. Whew! Got a buddy coming over later in the week to help me install it and I can’t wait.

All things considered, this has been a good week for me. Got my PlayStation 5 delivered to me yesterday from Walmart and my Alien apron from Mark the next day. Christmas sucked because COVID kept the family away, but this makes up for it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#28238 3 years ago

Ohhhh I like that! Is that custom or is someone making them?

#28239 3 years ago

Im thinking about installing the apron today, but at the same time I cant move because last night I ate a whole bag of chips followed by a bucket of ice cream. Im pretty depressed feeling today. Oh well.

#28240 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im thinking about installing the apron today, but at the same time I cant move because last night I ate a whole bag of chips followed by a bucket of ice cream. Im pretty depressed feeling today. Oh well.

Don't worry....tonight is bourbon night!!!!! Makes everything better (well, maybe not in this case.. )

#28241 3 years ago

Strange new issue where the game is automatically triggering points.. see vid. Anyone know what may be causing this?

#28242 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mark, aka MK6pin, made them custom. You had to get on his list awhile back and I think he sold out of them. Might want to check with him to see if he had anybody back out of their order. Hope this helps.

#28243 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Strange new issue where the game is automatically triggering points.. see vid. Anyone know what may be causing this?

I had a Xeno lit standup SMD button switch that had been bashed to a blivion, little button bit went all floppy. Still worked kind of, but would often settle in "flake" position and start ambush instantly from Xeno hits....

Looks similar, or maybe just a borderline regular leaf switch on a weapons target or something. Had a chestburster on the screen there, check the lit burster SUT too maybe. Look in tests switch edges for what switch is triggering.

#28244 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, yikes...sorry, didn't see the post....the apron was a custom build of 25 pieces (kits) including Lior hand-sculpted medallion, xenon strobes and other cool things. Sold out way early...a couple backed out, but the spots were taken immediately, so all are gone.

You can check the thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mk6pin-s-alien-apron-adventure...has some video of strobes in action and some other cool photos. Moved it over there to keep the traffic out of this long, long thread. I'll put up more in the coming weeks now that I can breathe a bit (Lior needs some nicer shots for his instagram...lol).

Thanks for liking it...really turned out great...alot of work....

#28245 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Definitely looks like a switch issue....should be an easy fix

#28246 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I had a Xeno lit standup SMD button switch that had been bashed to a blivion, little button bit went all floppy. Still worked kind of, but would often settle in "flake" position and start ambush instantly from Xeno hits....
Looks similar, or maybe just a borderline regular leaf switch on a weapons target or something. Had a chestburster on the screen there, check the lit burster SUT too maybe. Look in tests switch edges for what switch is triggering.

Makes sense.. will check that out and report back, thanks.

#28247 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea, yikes...sorry, didn't see the post....the apron was a custom build of 25 pieces (kits) including Lior hand-sculpted medallion, xenon strobes and other cool things. Sold out way early...a couple backed out, but the spots were taken immediately, so all are gone.
You can check the thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mk6pin-s-alien-apron-adventure...has some video of strobes in action and some other cool photos. Moved it over there to keep the traffic out of this long, long thread. I'll put up more in the coming weeks now that I can breathe a bit (Lior needs some nicer shots for his instagram...lol).
Thanks for liking it...really turned out great...alot of work....

Cant you believe you went through all this, made something unique, one of a kind like this Apron (which is so well made) and made absolutely no profit. Amazing.

#28248 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Cant you believe you went through all this, made something unique, one of a kind like this Apron (which is so well made) and made absolutely no profit. Amazing.

Yea, it ended up as a "less than no profit" adventure, lol. I remember someone asking me for a "bill of materials" early on....he seriously had no idea why I was doing this.

Pinball is a hobby that has brought amazing fun and fascination to me. It only seemed right to share this journey for a very special game when it was evident I could. I'm not in Pinball to make $$$....have a company that does quite well at it.

Pinside has some really amazing people that do far more than I did here to better the hobby (along with it's fair share of trolls, "know it all" dicks ,etc. of course). Got to know some more of them even better through this process.

Glad you got one (the damn game broke your leg, lol). Enjoy, and thanks for the kind remarks....mark

#28249 3 years ago

Still working on this, but the end is in sight.

DSCN8426 (resized).JPGDSCN8426 (resized).JPG

DSCN8427 (resized).JPGDSCN8427 (resized).JPG

#28250 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Still working on this, but the end is in sight.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those look great. As a custom accent to the amazing #Mk6pin apron did you consider adding those yellow/black strips around the cards to give more uniform look?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,999 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 565 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/565?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.