pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 564 of 601.
#28151 3 years ago

Don't you get it?

Alien IS the original "DIE HARD" pin, as with all the enthusiasts!

#28152 3 years ago

For all that still don't understand the gameplay, please read the f*****g manual.

Rulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.2_2020-08-05_21-40-30.pdfRulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.2_2020-08-05_21-40-30.pdf

#28153 3 years ago

Does it not bother any of the owners that the current Alien is abandoned in favor of their new sales by Pinball Brothers?

I mean, the boot screen says 'Pinball Brothers' the prints say 'Pinball brothers', the code is ownded by Pinball Brothers and yet they write 'they are not liable for this game because it is supposedly another manufacturer'.

There are still things that can/should be improved (for example some bugs and making use of shaker effects in the game). For sure their intent is for now to not allow any more code updates (in favor of the re--release).

Moreover most owners, including me, have been piling up spare parts because there is no support for the game and we rely on the forum users for help and even the manual as you can see above.
So... it would be useful to have the game (re) supported.

I was thinking to all team up and write to Pinball Brothers asking for support of the game. There are 180 owners out there.
It has made them plenty of money on spares already, and the community gave a lot of ideas on code improvement. It would be decent to have support for software at least.

#28154 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sit holders was understated. an 'avalanche' of refunds saw them pay back over 300K in deposits, money which would hav

Quoted from greenhornet:

maybe you missed some of the talking points from yesterdays PB interview/reveal regarding their history/timeline with heighway.
summarizing their words.
members of the PB initially purchased games from andrew just like many of you did, as collectors/operators. subsequently, they were suckered by andrews 'salesmanship' into making addtl investments in the company,all the while andrew misrepresenting the true state of the business and completeness of the game. after taking over, and willing to risk even more monies, they discovered the number of deposit holders was understated. an 'avalanche' of refunds saw them pay back over 300K in deposits, money which would have otherwise gone toward trying to make things work. they ended up liable for apparently undisclosed back taxes $$ owed by andrew, paid penalties $$ for breaking the factory lease, and paid $$ to fox for the transfer of the alien license to PB. in total, they lost in excess of $1M.
further hitting their pocketbooks in the future will be the goodwill arrangements put in place to compensate members of the original design team, and the offer of 50%> vouchers to those who can substantiate losses.
others who 'funded' heighway pinball include cointaker, as well as any number of additional distro/investor/partners andrew took money from.
PBs investment/support in this project sounds substantial.

I would believe this story when they would have communicated this when it actually happened (2 years ago) and with some evidence of this.

To make it more concrete: I can talk from experience when taking over a company. You don't just buy it. You do due dillegence, you inspect the books, you talk to accountants etc.
No good entrepreneur would do this; I mean there is a reason it was going not so well at Heighway. You don't buy the company and next day found out all the depths...

What they did is how it is usually done in business in these situations: you transfer assets out of the dying company and let it collapse. Legally nothing wrong with and probably the only reasonable option that was available here.
If they would have had at least some communication over the last two years it would already have been a bit better.

Also I believe the 50% voucher only when I see a buyer poster here that he actually got this.

Forgive me being sceptical, but I'd like to see some proof first before I believe them.

#28155 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Does it not bother any of the owners that the current Alien is abandoned in favor of their new sales by Pinball Brothers?
I mean, the boot screen says 'Pinball Brothers' the prints say 'Pinball brothers', the code is ownded by Pinball Brothers and yet they write 'they are not liable for this game because it is supposedly another manufacturer'.
There are still things that can/should be improved (for example some bugs and making use of shaker effects in the game). For sure their intent is for now to not allow any more code updates (in favor of the re--release).
Moreover most owners, including me, have been piling up spare parts because there is no support for the game and we rely on the forum users for help and even the manual as you can see above.
So... it would be useful to have the game (re) supported.
I was thinking to all team up and write to Pinball Brothers asking for support of the game. There are 180 owners out there.
It has made them plenty of money on spares already, and the community gave a lot of ideas on code improvement. It would be decent to have support for software at least.

Not a bad idea, my PCBs have “Pinball Brothers” printed on them. Looks like their product by the time mine was manufactured.

#28156 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not a bad idea, my PCBs have “Pinball Brothers” printed on them. Looks like their product by the time mine was manufactured.

afaik they took on support responsibility for the heighway games... hence our spare parts supplied by Daniel at Freeplay. (PB)

As well as approving code updates.

You can also order your Alien SV there. Already checked for SV Parts like Facehugger slings.... not as yet.

#28157 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I agree good idea Faust . My late / last batch LE also has the Pinball Brothers PCB's

#28158 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Surely a win win to support original games for PB with another income stream from passionate supporters of the theme / original Alien

#28159 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Uh, that was weird. I guess you are an angry dude. I don't know what you are talking about here. You come into the owner's thread to brag about telling us they are making a remake 4 months ago? Ok...not exactly breaking news. As to whom I know, yeah that's not my thing. I do appreciate the brains in this group. And I'm impressed by some cool people in this hobby. It is great Pinball Bros is doing a remake. I've been in line over a year, unofficially. Not concerned about the money. Take care, dPeck.

I’m just saying what others are probably thinking. You take care too buddy.

#28160 3 years ago

They have the parts, yes, but what I understood from Brian is that they were difficult about the 1.4 code being released.

Also Freeplay was not an ‘official’ Pinballbrothers supplier, they advertised it more as ‘new old stock’ left over from Heighway.

It would be nice if they acknowledge the first Alien as an existing and active release (not asking for free support or warranty), but keeping code up to date and maybe implementing updates. Many users have already said they would pay for this (including me).

#28161 3 years ago

So I got it fixed. A full Re-image to 1.02 and then updated code to 1.2 and it’s back up and running. Really wasn’t too difficult. Followed the instructions at http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html
Thanks again for the help everyone!

Quoted from Toppers:

Here is the pictures of it booting. All 3 monitors are working. Then as soon as GI comes on and game boots fully the monitors don’t work. Game is fully playable. I’m at a loss.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#28162 3 years ago

Good morning group. Can someone tell me if the plastics along the back and sides supposed to be back lit? Mine are not but when I see pictures from other members theirs look lit from the back. I may have answered my own question because when I just now went to take a picture of mine looked lit from behind but it was just gi and insert lights reflected. Thanks

#28163 3 years ago

Sideblades left and right and backpanel are lit.
Check wiring, power supply and settings in the menu.

#28164 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Best thing people can do is document and reproduce the bugs. Create a central tracking of them and cross reference between each other. Instead people just talk generic about defects being a problem. That doesn’t help it actually get fixed or give an accurate view of how bad the problem is.

Coders love their babies. Make it easy to do things and good things are easier to happen.

#28165 3 years ago

so for the original release did they have a standard, LE, and SE?

and for this upcoming PB release are they expected to release all 3 models again?

#28166 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

so for the original release did they have a standard, LE, and SE?
and for this upcoming PB release are they expected to release all 3 models again?

I know for the newest release they’re doing a standard and an LE. The LE Won’t be available until late 2021. First quarter 2021 SE delivery is sold out at cointaker.com. They are still taking orders for second quarter on the SE. No details or pre-orders on the LE yet.

#28167 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I'm putting up picture just to be clear. I'm asking about these side plastics and back plastic located in the space above the playfield and below the playfield glass. Are these backlit? I'm looking at your manual and I see on the cabinet i/o matrix 7 is back box lighting and 8 is cab side lights. I'm unclear if this is for this (pictured).

16084989076594814182682647249818 (resized).jpg16084989076594814182682647249818 (resized).jpg16084989734748984200288657758849 (resized).jpg16084989734748984200288657758849 (resized).jpg
#28168 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Or these? These light up fine

16084990698234687610908503883682 (resized).jpg16084990698234687610908503883682 (resized).jpg16084990865243359553415799159884 (resized).jpg16084990865243359553415799159884 (resized).jpg
#28169 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I cant thank you enough for your help and this awesome manual. You rock!

#28170 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

They have the parts, yes, but what I understood from Brian is that they were difficult about the 1.4 code being released.
Also Freeplay was not an ‘official’ Pinballbrothers supplier, they advertised it more as ‘new old stock’ left over from Heighway.

Seems logical to be difficult about 1.4 code update at That Time, considering, and their need/business in getting the updated game to the market .... USING THAT VERY CODE. You see?

Patience mate! . Brian has been asking about bugs, I am sure given time things are going to get additional polish

Daniel is one of the PB. Yes a PB supplier. Check the website. Also as you say, they supply Updated PB parts there as well (for more than a Year now)... for the Old Heighway games!.

Yes originally it was just leftover HP parts only. But that changed a Long Time ago.

I think some may have missed the newsflash about support from about 2 years ago.

This to me is simple over-reaction, a molehill made into a mountain.

Are you not seeing!!?? .... NEW UNBREAKING FACEHUGGERS!!

I am not at all concerned about support for Heighway Alien games. What Would be nice to see is code support for Full Throttle owners.

How many FT are there? .... like, 7 or 11 or something?

#28171 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Merry Xmas Alien Owners.......................
[quoted image]

Im in Mesa, sounds like a plan!!

#28172 3 years ago

I haven't seen the movies in decades, got the DVD collection so will be watching this holiday weekend. I didn't recall that James Cameron directed 'Aliens'.

It's amazing to me that small start up like Heighway was able to get such a big film franchise with film clip assets.

#28173 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's amazing to me that small start up like Heighway was able to get such a big film franchise with film clip assets.

when it came to licensing, andrew was really 'sharpe'.

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

[Roger] Sharpe says... that he helped Heighway Pinball get the Alien licence, despite the company having no product yet on the market. “I knew the people responsible for the Alien licence, and if wasn’t for my involvement, I don’t believe that Andrew would have been able to secure the licence and definitely at the rates I was able to negotiate."

#28174 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

It would be nice if they acknowledge the first Alien as an existing and active release (not asking for free support or warranty), but keeping code up to date and maybe implementing updates. Many users have already said they would pay for this (including me).

Well given they've offered 50% vouchers for those who didn't receive their Heighway pre-orders and at the end of the PB podcast (2:22) it was mentioned that PB have brought back some of the original developers not for additional content but royalty compensation for the work they done in the past but not been paid for it, they seem to be trying to do their best to appease everyone. So hope that they will look after the original game owners as well

#28175 3 years ago

Pinball Brothers interview answers a lot of the questions that you have. Link below. Starts around the 1:20 mark

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/superawesomepinballshow/id/17248715

#28176 3 years ago

Did anyone come up with a fix for the el blade power supply fan noise ?

#28177 3 years ago

Recently arrived and I still couldn’t be more excited.

0E91DE5D-0F36-4500-9E45-1B16F0F805B6 (resized).jpeg0E91DE5D-0F36-4500-9E45-1B16F0F805B6 (resized).jpeg84751C71-2C75-4ED1-BAE8-63EBDD502673 (resized).jpeg84751C71-2C75-4ED1-BAE8-63EBDD502673 (resized).jpeg
#28178 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Pinball Brothers interview answers a lot of the questions that you have. Link below. Starts around the 1:20 mark
https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/superawesomepinballshow/id/17248715

OMG Really?? .... you still here??

You know this was last weeks news right? .... and you're still in the wrong thread, dude.

#28179 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted_again:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet!!! Congrats...

#28180 3 years ago

Apron adventure is baked and finally shipping......check out the final build...will post some other things there, including more video on the strobe in the next few days:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mk6pin-s-alien-apron-adventure/page/4#post-6028927

#28181 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You know this was last weeks news right? .... and you're still in the wrong thread, dude.

Agree, strange behavior. Anyhow, Razor I did your fix to have every usb connection isolated to one hub by using your recommendation: USB 2.0 Type A Female to Dupont 9 Pin Female Header Motherboard Cable Cord. Works great!

#28182 3 years ago

Something blue.... something bluuuuueeee...

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#28183 3 years ago

OMG?? Are there really some sitting in boxes? Or is there a story behind this?

#28184 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yes it’s the interview from the 18th. Which is only a few days ago. A few ppl were asking questions that they answer in this interview. Just providing information based on the questions that were asked. In this thread mind you. Maybe you and DTS should look a little further up in this thread And read the discussion Instead of insulting or belittling? Seems to be a commonality for some of you. People had questions and I provided an answer. Isn’t that what the threat is about? I wasn’t aware that we had to ask for permission before we post answers to questions. Id suggest that maybe you keep scrolling if it doesn’t apply to you.

#28185 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Yes it’s the interview from the 18th. Which is only a few days ago. A few ppl were asking questions that they answer in this interview. Just providing information based on the questions that were asked. In this thread mind you. Maybe you and DTS should look a little further up in this thread And read the discussion Instead of insulting or belittling? Seems to be a commonality for some of you. People had questions and I provided an answer. Isn’t that what the threat is about? I wasn’t aware that we had to ask for permission before we post answers to questions. Id suggest that maybe you keep scrolling if it doesn’t apply to you.

Hey dpeck3 the point is there is another thread we all know about on this remake. I’ve been over there extensively as I’d been waiting for the remake a long time before I decided to dive in and get an original. I don’t see you over there at all. With your experience, it would be interesting to hear your opinion over there. You may be a good guy, I don’t know. Some of the things you’ve said about some of us here are really insulting. I can handle it, youngest in a big family lol but your opinions are pretty off imo about owners in the thread. Seems like you got a lot of help from them, I sure have. So some were right about a remake, some wrong, who cares? There’s another thread for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball

#28186 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Hey dpeck3 the point is there is another thread we all know about on this remake. I’ve been over there extensively as I’d been waiting for the remake a long time before I decided to dive in and get an original. I don’t see you over there at all. With your experience, it would be interesting to hear your opinion over there. You may be a good guy, I don’t know. Some of the things you’ve said about some of us here are really insulting. I can handle it, youngest in a big family lol but your opinions are pretty off imo about owners in the thread. Seems like you got a lot of help from them, I sure have. So some were right about a remake, some wrong, who cares? There’s another thread for it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball

Much of my response is to what has been said to me. Insulted? Maybe that’s a good thing. I was too. And have been in the past simply for asking questions. Some of the know it all‘s don’t like to give polite answers. And I am a nice guy. I just don’t put up with Unnecessary comments. But the fact is the same. A lot of guys in this group put down and insult others rather than simply giving advice or making a statement. I won’t stand for it Without speaking up. Wrong thread? Fine. But you did forget to keep scrolling this time also. My answer regarding the link to the interview was for those who wanted Those answers. And they were spoken about in this thread. Have a good one.

#28187 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Much of my response is to what has been said to me.Insulted? Maybe that’s a good thing. I was too. And have been in the past simply for asking questions. Some of the know it all‘s don’t like to give polite answers. And I am a nice guy. I just don’t put up with Unnecessary comments. But the fact is the same. A lot of guys in this group put down and insult others rather than simply giving advice or making a statement. I won’t stand for it Without speaking up. Wrong thread? Fine. But you did forget to keep scrolling this time also. My answer regarding the link to the interview was for those who wanted Those answers. And they were spoken about in this thread. Have a good one.

All right, nothing personal. I’ll scroll on.

#28189 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

OMG?? Are there really some sitting in boxes? Or is there a story behind this?

Quoted from dpeck3:

Wrong thread guys. You need to find the right thread!

Zablon mate that is a NIB OG Alien.... you only had to read what is written on the box man! . Pinball Brothers thread is a couple of other places but this isn't it.

And dpeck3 you're only reading half and taking junk out of context. People were asked to take it to the appropriate thread. Please do!. Thanks.

#28190 3 years ago

Hey I'll post this here too as I just posted it in the remake thread.
I love my Alien that I bought little while back, game is awesome! Good to see more people will get to enjoy one. But sadly I was one who got taken by Heighway Pinball in the original fiasco and lost my money so I feel kind of inclined to purchase one of the remakes if they are going to give partial credit back. So might try and sell my original and eventually buy a remake just to feel like I got something out of what I thought was nothing. Sometimes I feel like I am throwing bad money at bad money and then worse money. But hey it's only pinball!
Anyone that might be interested I have a super pimped out original with tons of mods, boatload of spare parts, spare playfield and more. Here is the original ad from local friend I bought it from. I'll probably get my own ad together soon. I'm in no huge rush and sure many will just want to buy a remake which is cool, if in the end I just end up keeping this one, I'll be happy too. Thread on the FS ad has good gameplay video as well - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-21

Machine - For Trade
Alien Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO and fully working Alien pinball, running the latest 1.4 code. Mods are beacons on top and playfield, topper, shaker, clear speaker panels, ramp decals, powder coated legs, clif...”
2020-10-03
Loveland, CO
Trade
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 1584 times

#28191 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Zablon mate that is a NIB OG Alien.... you only had to read what is written on the box man! . Pinball Brothers thread is a couple of other places but this isn't it.
And @Dpecker you're only reading half and taking junk out of context. People were asked to take it to the appropriate thread. Please do!. Thanks.

I know it's an OG, that's why I asked.

#28192 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know it's an OG, that's why I asked.

Ok yes I mistook your context sorry.

Yes they were still about, but about gone now since the remake.

This is from final boxed "solid" games no longer being wanted by preorder customers.

A glut of unwanted late run Aliens left in the hands of PB is partly what led to the halt in production.

This is covered in the interview too.

LE 350/426 only recently sold from there.

#28193 3 years ago

I’m back in the club. Purchased an original ( early run ) game. I’m prepped for all the to do’s in terms of reliability. Cables , power supply, Xeno jaw , etc. Been to this party before and went through it all. My previous game was perfect afterwards and reliable up until I sold it. Ive had serious sellers remorse the day it left , so very very happy to get one back.

Anyways. I’m out of touch with cool mods and add ons. Any cool links or suggestions highly are appreciated. Except for those horrible beacon light toppers. Ugh. Plus any other additional advise as I don’t want to wade through a ton of previous posts.

Thanks in advance

#28194 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

And @Dpecker you're only reading half and taking junk out of context. People were asked to take it to the appropriate thread. Please do!. Thanks.

Yeah I’m taking it out of context as you try to throw down more insults. You dont belong here with that attitude either. Scroll past what you don’t want to read dude.

#28195 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Yeah I’m taking it out of context as you try to throw down more insults. You dont belong here with that attitude either. Scroll past what you don’t want to read dude.

Grow up a little, please!

#28196 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Grow up a little, please!

He calls me dpecker and i need to grow up? Keep scrolling yourself. Im not gonna sit quietly and be insulted.

#28197 3 years ago

Yeah a typo. 3 r & e right next to each other.

Fixed

#28198 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yeah a typo. 3 r & e right next to each other.
Fixed

You Aussies crack me up

#28199 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

You Aussies crack me up

If you can't have a larfe at shit you ain't livin' hey!! ... so good for you mate!

Your post there made me LOL! ... so it is both Thank you and you're welcome from me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 564 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/564?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.