pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 563 of 601.
#28101 3 years ago

For me the new Alien looks more interesting with the physical ball-lock, extra magnet and the new scoop.

#28102 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not sure why I need to check the link above as I've known Melissa for years, but ok? Still won't have the cabinet, side panels, screens, etc. Shoulda kept your original!

The original was great but having a company still in business that can give you technical support, firmware updates and a steady supply of parts is priceless. I have been known to MOD my machines a lot better than they could think of at the factory. Just like some of the guys in this group, it will be made better by the users. I’m excited. I ordered one.

#28103 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

only 5 left. not sure if there is a limit or this is just the first batch of 1-200 pins.

Sold out about five minutes after you said that.

#28104 3 years ago

So for all you original owners, how do you like the play and shots of this game? I'm in for a remake. I have never seen or played an original so I have no clue how this game plays or feels. Are the modes good, linear, random, seem repetitive? Different shots/layout compared to standard fan layout feel fresh? Sounds, effects, and call outs? Enlighten me on the greatness of this bad boy if you don't mind.

#28105 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

how do you like the play and shots of this game?

First game I played : "Meh" (early version @ Allentown w/o finished software)
Second game I played : "WOW!" (finished version at a friend's place)
3,574,867,991,023,456 game : "WHY DIDNT I BUY ONE OF THESE".

It is a solid, awesome game ... loads of fun. The sounds are frigging awesome ... you will NOT be disappointed. I'll let others give you more details.

I'll have one myself later next year.

#28106 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So for all you original owners, how do you like the play and shots of this game? I'm in for a remake. I have never seen or played an original so I have no clue how this game plays or feels. Are the modes good, linear, random, seem repetitive? Different shots/layout compared to standard fan layout feel fresh? Sounds, effects, and call outs? Enlighten me on the greatness of this bad boy if you don't mind.

I’m not an owner but played the original and loved the atmosphere and music and shots. I didn’t get to know the rules that well but was fun to play and I ordered a remake.

The rules look deep and should be polished.

https://images.pinside.com/1/0c/f4/10cf41dc55cbdaa3e6f643a8a7068a7c097e6d76.pdf

#28107 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

The original was great but having a company still in business that can give you technical support, firmware updates and a steady supply of parts is priceless.

Absolute truth....when they actually can prove/ confirm that? Still miles and miles and miles down the road, if ever. Fact.

Will do the best I can to stay way away from these threads/ posts as things start to unfold. I love this (original) game and hope the new one gets out there to many people. There are more than just opinions to be taken away, however. I'm too close to all of this.....

#28108 3 years ago

I think this pin has a bit of a 'we haven't proven shit' to the price of it. I mean like Woz was a steal at $6500 ECLE because JJP had no track record.

#28110 3 years ago

My left switch number 3 next to the right ramp always causes me problems . It gets stuck , one ball just off a little that hits it knocks it out of alignment so what I did was took some sound proofing foam and pushed it behind the switch so far has worked well

80F0B0FB-C3F2-48B1-AE88-8BB37E862C9F (resized).jpeg80F0B0FB-C3F2-48B1-AE88-8BB37E862C9F (resized).jpeg9925CEFD-7048-4037-A3A2-EFC3CE7F675C (resized).jpeg9925CEFD-7048-4037-A3A2-EFC3CE7F675C (resized).jpeg
#28111 3 years ago

Well, I knew it was bound to happen. My alien has been problem free until tonight. All of a sudden all 3 displays are not working during game play. They all work during game boot up. Game plays just fine but all 3 screens are dark. Thoughts? Of course, I’m hosting my family for Christmas tomorrow and this happens...

#28112 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Well, I knew it was bound to happen. My alien has been problem free until tonight. All of a sudden all 3 displays are not working during game play. They all work during game boot up. Game plays just fine but all 3 screens are dark. Thoughts? Of course, I’m hosting my family for Christmas tomorrow and this happens...

Guessing a software issue. My full throttle just started doing that, planned on reloading the software.

Remake I am mixed on. No pf display, but kept the fairly pointless airlock display? The Sentry guns artwork doesn't really mix in with the rest very well. Cabinet artwork is meh. Small display in the backbox. Happy to have an original.

#28113 3 years ago

Here is the pictures of it booting. All 3 monitors are working. Then as soon as GI comes on and game boots fully the monitors don’t work. Game is fully playable. I’m at a loss.

2FBA3054-B8A3-4AC0-9CFC-285EFEACF022 (resized).jpeg2FBA3054-B8A3-4AC0-9CFC-285EFEACF022 (resized).jpeg37A42D39-A859-4707-8245-B4A17D35D8BC (resized).jpeg37A42D39-A859-4707-8245-B4A17D35D8BC (resized).jpegF4BDCDF4-623E-4819-8576-A76A3A9C50C2 (resized).jpegF4BDCDF4-623E-4819-8576-A76A3A9C50C2 (resized).jpeg
#28114 3 years ago

1.4 code I have discovered still has alot of bugs, many visual display related. Many of these seem multiplayer related that might not have been picked up previously, and/or related to score display alterations.

Black screen with a running system though?? but all working in bootup...? ... might go as far as having to start anew putting the 1.02 image freshly onto the SSD. ?

#28115 3 years ago

How do you update code with no display? How do you access SSD? I’m running 1.3 code

Quoted from razorsedge:

1.4 code I have discovered still has alot of bugs, many visual display related. Many of these seem multiplayer related that might not have been picked up previously, and/or related to score display alterations.
Black screen with a running system though?? but all working in bootup...? ... might go as far as having to start anew putting the 1.2 image freshly onto the SSD. ?

#28116 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

How do you update code with no display? I’m also running 1.3

#28117 3 years ago

You use a bootable flash drive to boot a USB active Linux Operating System on the games PC, then use that off-board operating system to write the .iso file (entire hard drive contents for Alien) to the game PC SSD. This can not be done at the same time as running From the SSD on the PC. Hence a bootable flash drive to execute the procedure. When I done it the .iso was 1.02, then I ran the updates onward from there. There may be a 1.2 - 1.4 .iso available?

I would have to search for the exact detailed command line parameters that makes this .iso write process easy in one step basically, using the Terminal in Linux (from running on the USB drive). Maybe someone has the instruction line easily on hand?

Making a bootable Linux USB drive is probably as much of a challenge as the actual installation, but still not too hard if you can search the web and follow step by step instructions. They are in this thread somewhere. Need more Key Posts!!

When I did it I removed the PC and put it on the desktop with keyboard, display and mouse. But you can also just plug in a keyboard and mouse and do it in the machine. I was also setting up spare PC's for some aussies at the time.

#28118 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You use a bootable flash drive to boot a USB active Linux Operating System on the games PC, then use that off-board operating system to write the .iso file (entire hard drive contents for Alien) to the game PC SSD. This can not be done at the same time as running From the SSD on the PC. Hence a bootable flash drive to execute the procedure. When I done it the .iso was 1.02, then I ran the updates onward from there. There may be a 1.2 - 1.4 .iso available?
I would have to search for the exact detailed command line parameters that makes this .iso write process easy in one step basically, using the Terminal in Linux (from running on the USB drive). Maybe someone has the instruction line easily on hand?

Look here
http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html

#28119 3 years ago

This all seems fairly invasive. Willing to give it a shot, just don't want to make matters worse, Any other ideas to check first? I did notice that while playing it blind, some of the kick out coils were not firing when they should, mode timing was weird and what not. This leads me to believe its software related too. Just odd that it happened out of nowhere. Surely it could be something else.

#28120 3 years ago

Hi group. Hope everyone is having a great holiday so far.
I need some advice and opinions on the pros and cons to updating from the 1.2 code that is currently running on my standard edition. I purchased it in September and it runs like a clock. Let me know what you all think. The last thing I want to do is cause any problems. Thanks

#28121 3 years ago

Sorry. I hopped in without catching up. Seems like code updates is the topic of the evening. I'm finally considering updating since I got a very low number on the remake list. and now I'm just slightly less scared to monkey around with my original.

#28122 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Sorry. I hopped in without catching up. Seems like code updates is the topic of the evening. I'm finally considering updating since I got a very low number on the remake list. and now I'm just slightly less scared to monkey around with my original.

Personally my 1.2 worked great. Updates to 1.3 for about 4 months with no issues and then my issue above. So not to sure.

#28123 3 years ago

Seems I remember some of you guys lost your money on the original shipment of alien? I haven’t checked through all the threads so sorry if I’m repeating this but did you all see that pinball brothers giving a 50% off whatever you lost voucher to anyone who lost their money to apply to a new machine? “We will offer vouchers worth at least 50% of their loss, to any private customer who prepaid for an
 Alien Pinball Machine from Heighway Pinball that was not delivered.” That is very respectable and cool since they really have no obligation to do that. They never owned Heighway when that happened.

#28124 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Personally my 1.2 worked great. Updates to 1.3 for about 4 months with no issues and then my issue above. So not to sure.

Thanks. I may stick with 1.2, I wish you luck

#28125 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

This all seems fairly invasive. .

Welcome to alien

#28126 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

The original was great but having a company still in business that can give you technical support, firmware updates and a steady supply of parts is priceless. I have been known to MOD my machines a lot better than they could think of at the factory. Just like some of the guys in this group, it will be made better by the users. I’m excited. I ordered one.

You write, you love to "mod" your machines ?
Buying expensive 3D printed figurines and glue them in a pinball ? Or work on the machine ?
*IF* you like to work on the machine there is no need for a "full 24 h service from manufacturer". We have a great Alien community solving and fixing problems, we had the programmer to do updates even no one pays him. So what do you expect ? Read the threads about "service" from other manufacturers and you see .. there is no need.
A german pinhead bought a very earlie machine for a fair ammount and got all needet parts to bring it up to date .. with no support from a manufacturer.

Are you sure the PB will stay on the market for the next 20 years ?
In one way it is more safe to have an Alien than a TBL .. the software is finished.

So I am looking forward for the Alien remake and hope that myna people get a game, aslo those who lost money in the past !!

#28127 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

we had the programmer to do updates even no one pays him.

Didn’t PB pay him all the way? They worked with him on the new game according to the podcast. I guess that might have taken a while.

#28128 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Didn’t PB pay him all the way? They worked with him on the new game according to the podcast. I guess that might have taken a while.

I hope they did ... but he worked for sure not officially and paid on the code for our first edition games. We will see if on the hardware are changes ....

#28129 3 years ago

I have to say that I'm glad the remake is happening as it looks like some hard to find parts will be usable on some of the original machines. This is just based on me looking at the pictures. That being said, I would not trade my machine for one of the new ones. The combination of the old cabinet with the lit blades, larger backbox screen, and the playfield LCD is superior imo. I do however think the apron is better than the stock apron on the original machines. It's nice that more people will be able to experience the pin. It will be nice when some videos are released. I'm also curious to see what is similar under the playfield.

#28130 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You write, you love to "mod" your machines ?
Buying expensive 3D printed figurines and glue them in a pinball ? Or work on the machine ?
*IF* you like to work on the machine there is no need for a "full 24 h service from manufacturer". We have a great Alien community solving and fixing problems, we had the programmer to do updates even no one pays him. So what do you expect ? Read the threads about "service" from other manufacturers and you see .. there is no need.
A german pinhead bought a very earlie machine for a fair ammount and got all needet parts to bring it up to date .. with no support from a manufacturer.
Are you sure the PB will stay on the market for the next 20 years ?
In one way it is more safe to have an Alien than a TBL .. the software is finished.
So I am looking forward for the Alien remake and hope that myna people get a game, aslo those who lost money in the past !!

No doubt there is a great community here. Do I want to “work” on my machine? Hell no. I want it built well and it to stay working. Do I like to mod? Yes! I like to give it my own touch and put things on the play field or in the game that I think should’ve been added or that are a favorite from the movie. I can only do what I have the talent for though. I installed a third video screen, beacon lights, strobe lights, xenomorphs and added playfield toys. Others in the group created launcher video mods, beacon mods, apron mods and more. Great, smart people here. However NOBODY can replicate all the parts needed for the game, get them replaced free under warranty or message a factory support rep. A new group of pin owners will now be creating and selling affordable mods too. Nice to have access to all of that again. I messaged pinball brothers yesterday and they replied in 30 minutes. Will they be in business in 20 years? For them, I hope so but I dont see the point to that question. How many pins do you own that you can still get all the factory parts and tech service on that are 20 years old? With pinball brothers opening back up, you may actually be able to get SOME of the hard to find parts you need and maybe even a better fix for any issues you may have for the Heighway machine. And with Heighway going out like they did, Pinball Brothers wants to come back into the game making a statement by doing a great job and by offering a great machine. We havent even seen or heard about the LE yet. Its coming! I’m hoping for a quality machine and a quality company. I call that good news and welcome back from the dead. Just my opinion.

#28131 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

No doubt there is a great community here. Do I want to “work” on my machine? Hell no. I want it build well and it to stay working. Do I like to mod? Yes! I like to give it my own touch and put things on the play field or in the game that I think should’ve been added. I can only do what I have the talent for though. I installed a third video screen, beacon lights and added playfield toys. Others in the group created launcher video mods, beacon mods, apron mods and more. Great, smart people here. However NOBODY can replicate all the parts needed for the game, get them replaced free under warranty or message a factory support rep. Nice to have access to all of that again. I messaged pinball brothers yesterday and they replied in 30 minutes. Will they be in business in 20 years? For them, I hope so but I dont see the point to that question. How many pins do you own that you can still get all the factory parts and tech service on that are 20 years old? With pinball brothers opening back up, you may actually be able to get SOME of the hard to find parts you need and maybe even a better fix for any issues you may have for the Heighway machine. I call that good news and welcome back from the dead. Just my opinion.

#28132 3 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

I have to say that I'm glad the remake is happening as it looks like some hard to find parts will be usable on some of the original machines. This is just based on me looking at the pictures. That being said, I would not trade my machine for one of the new ones. The combination of the old cabinet with the lit blades, larger backbox screen, and the playfield LCD is superior imo. I do however think the apron is better than the stock apron on the original machines. It's nice that more people will be able to experience the pin. It will be nice when some videos are released. I'm also curious to see what is similar under the playfield.

Indestructible Wobbly Super Silicone Facehuggers!!!!!

With better mounting!!!!!

Keen to see if they made the new boards to work on OG code, or if the (new?) code was "changed" somehow throughout to suit some incompatible new hardware systems. I'm guessing the former is the most likely at this stage.

#28133 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

No doubt there is a great community here. Do I want to “work” on my machine? Hell no. I want it built well and it to stay working. Do I like to mod? Yes! I like to give it my own touch and put things on the play field or in the game that I think should’ve been added or that are a favorite from the movie. I can only do what I have the talent for though. I installed a third video screen, beacon lights, strobe lights, xenomorphs and added playfield toys. Others in the group created launcher video mods, beacon mods, apron mods and more. Great, smart people here. However NOBODY can replicate all the parts needed for the game, get them replaced free under warranty or message a factory support rep. A new group of pin owners will now be creating and selling affordable mods too. Nice to have access to all of that again. I messaged pinball brothers yesterday and they replied in 30 minutes. Will they be in business in 20 years? For them, I hope so but I dont see the point to that question. How many pins do you own that you can still get all the factory parts and tech service on that are 20 years old? With pinball brothers opening back up, you may actually be able to get SOME of the hard to find parts you need and maybe even a better fix for any issues you may have for the Heighway machine. And with Heighway going out like they did, Pinball Brothers wants to come back into the game making a statement by doing a great job and by offering a great machine. We havent even seen or heard about the LE yet. Its coming! I’m hoping for a quality machine and a quality company. I call that good news and welcome back from the dead. Just my opinion.

Were you in on the early game?

Were you aware of all the hype, weekly communication back then?

Were you aware they showed boxed games, a factory, and had built 2 machines prior?

Were ( are) you aware that PB was very involved with the first go around? What was stated when they took it over?

What would you like to share w the group, supporting all your claims? Not talk...proof ( maybe a warehouse full of parts, games, support staff, etc.?)

We are aware ( at least some of us) that there is purpose for some tied into hyping this thing.

Be excited, post hopes of the things you speak of in the remake threads, but frankly, don't need any more false promise/ fact shit in this thread.
We've dealt w plenty for years and it hurt alot of good people.

I want everything you reference, however there has been zero substantiation of any of it.

Stop... ( oh....just my opinion)

(dammit, I try to stay out, but the thought of a whole new round of lost deposits, minimal games released, and zero support for others to endure kills me. All because the theme , as is evident, is still incredibly popular.)

I'll keep hoping for the best however...

#28134 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Yeah, I think you’re posting in the wrong thread. Not sure why but it seems you are angry and justifying your choices. You want a remake, go for it! Better to be thankful for this community than trying to prove some point. I’ve met some of the highest level people in this group. CEOs, engineers, tech geeks, innovators, scientists. It’s pretty remarkable, this small community. It has a right to be annoyed. As far as I know, PB hasn’t offered support to the original owners, many of whom funded this whole thing in the first place. Personally, I think the cabinet and screens aren’t in the same league. The original is like JJPOTCCE, only a couple of hundred out there.

#28135 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Were you aware they showed boxed games, a factory, and had built 2 machines prior?
Were ( are) you aware that PB was very involved with the first go around? What was stated when they took it over?
What would you like to share w the group, supporting all your claims? Not talk...proof ( maybe a warehouse full of parts, games, support staff, etc.?)
We are aware ( at least some of us) that there is purpose for some tied into hyping this thing.
Be excited, post hopes of the things you speak of in the remake threads, but frankly, don't need any more false promise/ fact shit in this thread.
I want everything you reference, however there has been zero substantiation of any of it.
(dammit, I try to stay out, but the thought of a whole new round of lost deposits, minimal games released, and zero support for others to endure kills me. All because the theme , as is evident, is still incredibly popular.)

Pinball Brothers is offering a 50% voucher to anyone who lost money on the original shipment of games. Pretty damn cool! And Cointaker is the one taking deposits here and holding the money. Because of that, I have faith that nobody’s going to get ripped off this time. Not to mention that there is a substantial amount of people who have interest in the remake and have already put down deposits. A great reason to build machines. I’m betting it all goes smoothly. But I’m fine with not talking about it here anymore. I know this is really the support thread. I’m not angry at all. It’s just a discussion. Some of you guys are Extremely sensitive to the world “remake”. Always have been. Did I get ripped on for mentioning that I knew it was coming a while back? Heck yes! it’s nice that my validation is true. But Settle down. Im just having a conversation. Not mad at all. I can move that part to the other thread. I hope that you can get more parts for the current game with PB being back in action.

#28136 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great response. A friend encouraged me to come back and see what this new blood is posting..

I’m sickened and going back to ignoring this place.

#28137 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Great response. A friend encouraged me to come back and see what this new blood is posting..
I’m sickened and going back to ignoring this place.

So great to see you post !!!! Completely get why you avoid this arena however. Some of us ( me) never seem to learn.

I'll be mostly in my apron thread when I can show the finished product next week ( assembly and shipping underway currently), but then will make a priority in drifting away from all these threads.

#28138 3 years ago

Has anyone had flashing off and on el blades and how to fix it ? My side art and back panel are turning off and on every 3-5 seconds

Never mind I must have pressed something on the el blade power source fixed now

#28139 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah, I think you’re posting in the wrong thread. Not sure why but it seems you are angry and justifying your choices. You want a remake, go for it! Better to be thankful for this community than trying to prove some point. I’ve met some of the highest level people in this group. CEOs, engineers, tech geeks, innovators, scientists. It’s pretty remarkable, this small community. It has a right to be annoyed. As far as I know, PB hasn’t offered support to the original owners, many of whom funded this whole thing in the first place. Personally, I think the cabinet and screens aren’t in the same league. The original is like JJPOTCCE, only a couple of hundred out there.

Im excited for the remake for the reasons I listed above as I mentioned. And, as I also said, its nice to be redeemed for taking a bunch of heat when I mentioned the remake a while back tho if that is what you are referring to by “making a point”. I got it from every direction so its nice to see that I was right. You and spin to name a couple, cry like two year olds when anyone says “remake”. I dont get it. Isnt it good for PB to be back in biz and the community to grow? Isnt it good for your friend “Melissa”? If you are so afraid the value is gonna drop, you should either not have purchased the game, sold it by now or simply stop crying about it. And speaking of making a point.... You and spin love to brag about “who you know” and you’re “powerful geek squad”. Nobody gives a crap about who you know. “I know Melissa”. So what. Who cares. Doesnt matter and is irrelevent to the discussion. You just want to brag or sound like ur in the know. If you were in fhe know u would have agreed with me whe I mentioned the remake was coming. “Scientists”, lol. Im sure their expertise is pinball machines. Smh. So childish. Glad to have the help and support of the group from some of those smart people but you, spin, your big words, constant need to sound like an authority and yearning to try to make others feel smaller than you are more annoying than helpful most of the time. You guys put others down all the time. Oh, and the “i was here since the beginning” braggery is just as foolish. As if any of that matters. Stop being a stuffy, self rightious baby that wants to be a bigshot in a pinball thread. Always hated that part of this group. I feel better now. Thanks.

#28140 3 years ago

I have questions about game play. At the start of the game you get to choose which movie Alien or Aliens. Say you choose Alien. Do the modes when you start one always pick the first scene as in following the movie or is it random? Once you finish all the modes in one movie does it automatically start the modes in the next movie and again is it linear through the movie or random. Seems like this would get repetitive if not random but yet random would have you jumping all over the movie/s.

#28141 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have questions about game play. At the start of the game you get to choose which movie Alien or Aliens. Say you choose Alien. Do the modes when you start one always pick the first scene as in following the movie or is it random? Once you finish all the modes in one movie does it automatically start the modes in the next movie and again is it linear through the movie or random. Seems like this would get repetitive if not random but yet random would have you jumping all over the movie/s.

The mode changes if u hit the drop ship ramps

#28142 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Im excited for the remake for the reasons I listed above as I mentioned. And, as I also said, its nice to be redeemed for taking a bunch of heat when I mentioned the remake a while back tho if that is what you are referring to by “making a point”. I got it from every direction so its nice to see that I was right. You and spin to name a couple, cry like two year olds when anyone says “remake”. I dont get it. Isnt it good for PB to be back in biz and the community to grow? Isnt it good for your friend “Melissa”? If you are so afraid the value is gonna drop, you should either not have purchased the game, sold it by now or simply stop crying about it. And speaking of making a point.... You and spin love to brag about “who you know” and you’re “powerful geek squad”. Nobody gives a crap about who you know. “I know Melissa”. So what. Who cares. Doesnt matter and is irrelevent to the discussion. You just want to brag or sound like ur in the know. If you were in fhe know u would have agreed with me whe I mentioned the remake was coming. “Scientists”, lol. Im sure their expertise is pinball machines. Smh. So childish. Glad to have the help and support of the group from some of those smart people but you, spin, your big words, constant need to sound like an authority and yearning to try to make others feel smaller than you are more annoying than helpful most of the time. You guys put others down all the time. Oh, and the “i was here since the beginning” braggery is just as foolish. As if any of that matters. Stop being a stuffy, self rightious baby that wants to be a bigshot in a pinball thread. Always hated that part of this group. I feel better now. Thanks.

Hoping your not referring to me as "spin", as I'm not crying, and until the games show up in person, in volume, you are right about nothing. Who condemned you, so wtf do you need "redemption" for? Your gloating without a game in hand, and yes, starting to get quite annoying. Put your deposit in, post pics playing it when you get it. Good grief man, go to the speculation/ remake/ whatever it is thread like you stated prior.

More Aliens to play is a good thing. Let's hope they honor half of what they promised this go around. Amazing after your "accurate patting on the back prediction" they couldn't even show a flipping version, as we all knew about this 2 years ago (news flash, it wasn't just you).

Not sure what you really want to accomplish in this thread. Really man...just stop......I might add an LE remake if I can put my hands on it first, along side of my existing LE, but not a dime until that happens. Ironically, I think the voucher has an expiration date...ever wonder about that? Are you really listening?

#28143 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping your not referring to me as "spin", as I'm not crying, and until the games show up in person, in volume, you are right about nothing. Who condemned you, so wtf do you need "redemption" for? Your gloating without a game in hand, and yes, starting to get quite annoying. Put your deposit in, post pics playing it when you get it. Good grief man, go to the speculation/ remake/ whatever it is thread like you stated prior.
More Aliens to play is a good thing. Let's hope they honor half of what they promised this go around. Amazing after your "accurate patting on the back prediction" they couldn't even show a flipping version, as we all knew about this 2 years ago (news flash, it wasn't just you).
Not sure what you really want to accomplish in this thread. Really man...just stop......I might add an LE remake if I can put my hands on it first, along side of my existing LE, but not a dime until that happens. Ironically, I think the voucher has an expiration date...ever wonder about that? Are you really listening?

Im annoying? Lol. Im not stopping per your command your highness. Know it all crybaby. Stick it you know where.

#28144 3 years ago

Trolls are hungry and I know it's tempting to feed, but try not to ....

#28145 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

As far as I know, PB hasn’t offered support to the original owners, many of whom funded this whole thing in the first place.

maybe you missed some of the talking points from yesterdays PB interview/reveal regarding their history/timeline with heighway.

summarizing their words.

members of the PB initially purchased games from andrew just like many of you did, as collectors/operators. subsequently, they were suckered by andrews 'salesmanship' into making addtl investments in the company,all the while andrew misrepresenting the true state of the business and completeness of the game. after taking over, and willing to risk even more monies, they discovered the number of deposit holders was understated. an 'avalanche' of refunds saw them pay back over 300K in deposits, money which would have otherwise gone toward trying to make things work. they ended up liable for apparently undisclosed back taxes $$ owed by andrew, paid penalties $$ for breaking the factory lease, and paid $$ to fox for the transfer of the alien license to PB. in total, they lost in excess of $1M.

further hitting their pocketbooks in the future will be the goodwill arrangements put in place to compensate members of the original design team, and the offer of 50%> vouchers to those who can substantiate losses.

others who 'funded' heighway pinball include cointaker, as well as any number of additional distro/investor/partners andrew took money from.

PBs investment/support in this project sounds substantial.

#28146 3 years ago

Got it, thanks for the summary. I kinda meant support for the parts, continued software development, etc. But it’s great to see the gesture to reimburse by vouchers some of the losses, as well as pay the designers.

#28147 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Uh, that was weird. I guess you are an angry dude. I don't know what you are talking about here. You come into the owner's thread to brag about telling us they are making a remake 4 months ago? Ok...not exactly breaking news. As to whom I know, yeah that's not my thing. I do appreciate the brains in this group. And I'm impressed by some cool people in this hobby. It is great Pinball Bros is doing a remake. I've been in line over a year, unofficially. Not concerned about the money. Take care, dPeck.

#28148 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Trolls are hungry and I know it's tempting to feed, but try not to ....

Oops, read that too late, darn it!

#28149 3 years ago

Merry Xmas Alien Owners.......................

DieHard Pinballers (resized).jpgDieHard Pinballers (resized).jpg
#28150 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Merry Xmas Alien Owners.......................
[quoted image]

Posting in an Alien thread wondering why there's never been a Die Hard pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 563 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/563?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.