zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 553 of 601.
#27601 3 years ago

Right... it’s kind of a silly expense to have those be controlled lights, so that’s not often seen.

I’m kinda remembering that doing this also diverts coins to the coin return on (some?) international coin doors.

#27602 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I totally get the concept. Just doesn’t seem right to have the lights and not use them. All other games have the lights on when on free play.

That's why I wired straight...I like the glow....

#27603 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's why I wired straight...I like the glow....

The only workaround would be to take it out of free play, change the adjustment "Maximum Credits" to its limit of 99, and then put a whole bunch of credits on the game with the escape button. That will light it but you'll have to put credits back on it every so often.

#27604 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Right... it’s kind of a silly expense to have those be controlled lights, so that’s not often seen.
I’m kinda remembering that doing this also diverts coins to the coin return on (some?) international coin doors.

I enjoy old school on some of my games where they are just tied to a GI string (BSD comes to mind). Coin door lights flicker, go out along w the string...

Then you have AFMR, where the start button doesn't even blink until you start a game...never understood that.

#27605 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would someone with the EL lit side panels measure the three panels and send to me via PM?
I can then work with the vendor so it can be available for others.
I would be willing to pay for your troubles.
PM if interested thanks

Did you ever get any information on these? I definitely would like to buy a set if you find someone who will cut them for us. I don’t know that anybody can take theirs out and measure them without it being a big pain but all I did was measure the existing blades and I believe they were 4 inches and then they just go down on one side to 2 inches. The bottom edge stays straight. And I believe it was as long as the playfield is. Pretty easy to measure

#27606 3 years ago

hello someone can give me the exact dimensions of the playfields width and length of the board just would be very nice

#27607 3 years ago

It’s been pretty quiet in the forum lately! I think I’ve overdone it on my Plaiyfield, LOL. Actually I’m not done yet. I still have a couple more things coming!

#27608 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

It’s been pretty quiet in the forum lately! I think I’ve overdone it on my Plaiyfield, LOL. Actually I’m not done yet. I still have a couple more things coming!

Dope!

#27609 3 years ago

Double dope!

#27610 3 years ago

The typicals are back at it again......

Screenshot_20200920-022958_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200920-022958_Facebook (resized).jpg
#27611 3 years ago

There is no new element there so nothing’s new....
Good Comment:
« Not gonna happen for an exact remake, they lost all rights and everything in the liquidation and must completely redo the entire game. And good luck getting anythink ok'd since disney bought out fox. All alien games that were in the making all got cancelled and shelved as the rights are so messed up »

#27612 3 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

The typicals are back at it again......
[quoted image]

"Imagine" is right....and they even show a Heighway game w wrong side panels...good grief

#27613 3 years ago

I get more balls all the time, what should I check?
Everything looks normal.

Vincent

#27614 3 years ago

And nonsens again...

#27615 3 years ago
Quoted from May:

Everything looks normal.
Vincent

Balltrough might be possible ....

#27616 3 years ago
Quoted from May:

Everything looks normal.
Vincent

Check you have all 6 balls.
There may be one stuck usually in Airlock
Magnet on mine fell off down the trough and kept two balls down there

#27617 3 years ago

Got my new psu installed. Played a few games for the first time without the coils turning off due to the io board cutting out.

#27618 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Got my new psu installed. Played a few games for the first time without the coils turning off due to the io board cutting out.

Bingo...congrats!...you won't have to worry about resets anymore, either (used to happen to me).

#27619 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bingo...congrats!...you won't have to worry about resets anymore, either (used to happen to me).

Went with a 600w 50 amp version.

I do have the transformer in my game. I hear it can blow the 6 amp fuse, but that has never happened for me. Currently need to move the computer, find a permanent home for the psu. Clean up some wiring. Wire in the alien head and this is done, but I have other projects I am working on. Currently fixing a namco cool gunman so could be awhile.

#27620 3 years ago

I read about a cool Alien iPhone case and thought others here might like it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/619967354/iphone-x66s78-the-alien-bones-case

DE24D606-0D7A-483D-8F1E-33E88C9524DB (resized).jpegDE24D606-0D7A-483D-8F1E-33E88C9524DB (resized).jpeg
#27621 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/619967354/iphone-x66s78-the-alien-bones-case[quoted image]

Need one for an 11Max

#27622 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/619967354/iphone-x66s78-the-alien-bones-case[quoted image]

how am I supposed to cram that in my front pocket?

#27623 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

how am I supposed to cram that in my front pocket?

Don’t, m just set an a desk and freak everyone out with it!

1 week later
#27624 3 years ago

Question on these mini beacons. They have 3 wires. Is there 1 wire that is not used?
Thanks, Michael

C4C78CFC-629A-4BDC-B5AA-FE85AA91D072 (resized).jpegC4C78CFC-629A-4BDC-B5AA-FE85AA91D072 (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#27625 3 years ago

Hi, is anyone selling the 3D bezel for the 5” dmd display?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27626 3 years ago

Read this post carefully, at least the last 30 pages .... Vimtoman is the guy you are looking for.
As far as I remember he gives the 3D file for free and you can print it locally and paint.

#27627 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Question on these mini beacons. They have 3 wires. Is there 1 wire that is not used?
Thanks, Michael[quoted image][quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/549#post-5799191

#27628 3 years ago

Meant to post here but forget the thread title. Finally hooked my beacons up. Great topper for $35.

8D1DCF54-FB8B-459B-A626-53D872628FFE (resized).jpeg8D1DCF54-FB8B-459B-A626-53D872628FFE (resized).jpeg
#27629 3 years ago

Please share the address where to order the backbox beacons.
Looks much more better with the beacons on top.

Man, I like this machine...

DSCN8256 (resized).JPGDSCN8256 (resized).JPG

DSCN8257 (resized).JPGDSCN8257 (resized).JPG

#27630 3 years ago

Found an LE, getting ready to ship from Europe! Thanks to Kenneth royneblom for coming through for me after another didn’t work out! This is unusual, #001 originally assigned to Heighway but then reassigned to the Pinball Brothers late build. I have only one extra I/O board though. Are there any PCB light boards and other parts out there anywhere? Also, what works best to protect the plastic over the playfield lcd?
0A4E0C13-A559-4D8A-B3C2-7076C8299097 (resized).jpeg0A4E0C13-A559-4D8A-B3C2-7076C8299097 (resized).jpeg195D838E-2CC2-46BD-BC39-A48CBCB0824F (resized).jpeg195D838E-2CC2-46BD-BC39-A48CBCB0824F (resized).jpegA2040C82-FC03-4365-9A25-84B160EC08A7 (resized).jpegA2040C82-FC03-4365-9A25-84B160EC08A7 (resized).jpeg

#27631 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Found an LE, getting ready to ship from Europe! Thanks to Kenneth royneblom for coming through for me after another didn’t work out! This is unusual, #001 originally assigned to Heighway but then reassigned to the Pinball Brothers late build. I have only one extra I/O board though. Are there any PCB light boards and other parts out there anywhere? Also, what works best to protect the plastic over the playfield lcd?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!! I'll bet a great story behind that one...Kenneth will know...

#27632 3 years ago

Congratulations! You won't go right to sleep now waiting for it.
When it comes in from Europe check these items immediately.................

1. Damage to the cabinet and backboard.

The legs can be loose in the box causing some mayhem to your VERY RARE new toy.
Ken is a very reliable shipper but all those that handle it after him, NOT SO MUCH! Use a Magnifying Glass.

2. All the rubbers for cracks. If you have to replace any (almost guaranteed) A topside teardown is called for and HIGHLY recommended.
Replace with TITANS........https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

3. When you do your topside teardown purchase and apply a new PLAYFIELD PROTECTOR.
Highly recommended and can be purchased at...............https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

This answers all your protection questions on the playfield screen and other items susceptible to damage and wear. A MUST BUY!!!!!
You have quite an investment and a morale obligation..........protect it.

4. A new and improved 12v power supply.

Mean Well's are the best choice and come in power ratings of 37.5 - 60 amps. The SE series is my recommendation but some on here like the HRPG series.
Personal preferences for Cost versus Needs. The factory provided is 12 amps and not enough, throw it away immediately and replace with your choice.
You will enjoy the research on what is needed but don't forget..........."The higher the amperage the more heat produced"

MK6PIN did a excellent job of researching and coming up with a cooling solution for underneath.
Search the blog and look up his postings. The blog is quite a read but has ALL your questions answered. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED doing so.

I could go on and on but I'll stop and say "WELCOME TO THE CLUB!"

#27633 3 years ago

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO SWITCH OVER TO 115v ON THE MOTHERBOARD AND POWER SUPPLIES!!!!!!!

#27634 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Ken is a very reliable shipper but all those that handle it after him, NOT SO MUCH! Use a Magnifying Glass.
2. All the rubbers for cracks. If you have to replace any (almost guaranteed) A topside teardown is called for and HIGHLY recommended.
Replace with TITANS........https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
3. When you do your topside teardown purchase and apply a new PLAYFIELD PROTECTOR.
Highly recommended and can be purchased at...............https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
This answers all your protection questions on the playfield screen and other items susceptible to damage and wear. A MUST BUY!!!!!
Mean Well's are the best choice and come in power ratings of 37.5 - 60 amps. The SE series is my recommendation but some on here like the HRPG series.
Personal preferences for Cost versus Needs. The factory provided is 12 amps and not enough, throw it away immediately and replace with your choice.
You will enjoy the research on what is needed but don't forget..........."The higher the amperage the more heat produced"
mk6pin did a excellent job of researching and coming up with a cooling solution for underneath.
Search the blog and look up his postings. The blog is quite a read but has ALL your questions answered. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED doing so.

Hey Skynet, if you ever have a party or have people over, id love to check out your Alien. Im not too weird lol.

#27635 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hey Skynet, if you ever have a party or have people over, id love to check out your Alien. Im not too weird lol.

We're all weird to a degree, We're PINHEADS!
The game is down right now being improved, (waiting for mk6pin's apron upgrade) but I'll certainly look you up when ready. That is if the governor allows it.
LOL

#27636 3 years ago

We're all weird to a degree, We're PINHEADS!
The game is down right now being improved, (waiting for mk6pin's apron upgrade) but I'll certainly look you up when ready. That is if the governor allows it.
LOL

Greatly appreciated. Ive been following this thread since day one and just dying to get immersed!!

#27637 3 years ago

You won't be disappointed but beware, YOUR LIFE and YOUR PERCEPTION OF REALITY WILL CHANGE FOREVER.
In other words, you will fall in love and have to get one.
I will kinda feel like a drug pusher getting you hooked!

#27638 3 years ago

mk6pin did a excellent job of researching and coming up with a cooling solution for underneath.

Thanks for the feedback, hope it makes it over intact!

#27639 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!

Free Play in Sweden has a lot stuff.
https://www.free-play.se/search/Alien?twsList-no-slot=l-manual-d-48-2

#27640 3 years ago

No they don't. Unless you want their plastic pieces, 95% of their parts haven't been available for at least 6 months.

QSS

#27641 3 years ago

What's the current going rate for a working I/O board?

#27642 3 years ago

Hey guys. Well, after much mental deliberation I decided to sell my Alien. And it sold. Pretty quickly! It’s leaving tomorrow and headed up north. Really great game. No lie. I’m already sort of regretting it but I only have room for about four machines and it’s just time to switch one out. I’ll be honest, I was more nervous playing this game and breaking it than I was actually enjoying it most of the time. Not how I want to live. But overall, it’s been a great game. Never really broke. At least nothing different than any other pin. Only needed minor corrections occasionally. I sold my machine with a good amount of spare parts. I’ve got MORE spare parts for it that were not included in the deal and I will be listing those in the marketplace so keep your eyes peeled. Yes, I/O boards, a power supply board and a few other sought other goodies. It’s been a great group. Maybe I’ll get another some day. Thanks for everything!

#27643 3 years ago

Bad decision...

#27644 3 years ago

I think you will regret selling someday, it will be like splitting with a girlfriend you wish later you had stayed with!

But stay with the group....therapy helps.

#27645 3 years ago

Hey guys. All of my spare parts are now sold. One person took them all. I promised one of you an I/O board and I am holding to that. Just waiting on your payment. You know who you are. If anything falls through, I’ll let you know. Thanks again!

#27646 3 years ago

Ok, got a big issue with my new out of box LE. Im blowing my D12 fuse everytime i hold my right flipper down. Light flickering is insane on this one compared to my standard i had. Everytime i hold any flipper down and the lights go epileptic, then the fuse goes which takes left, right, and top left flippers with it. The top right continues to work fine. I still cant get any IO boards to update from .8 to .9 at all. I upgraded my 12v supply but left the 70v alone for now. But never had this issue on my other.

#27647 3 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Ok, got a big issue with my new out of box LE. Im blowing my D12 fuse everytime i hold my right flipper down. Light flickering is insane on this one compared to my standard i had. Everytime i hold any flipper down and the lights go epileptic, then the fuse goes which takes left, right, and top left flippers with it. The top right continues to work fine. I still cant get any IO boards to update from .8 to .9 at all. I upgraded my 12v supply but left the 70v alone for now. But never had this issue on my other.

Sounds to me like a Bad coil or resistor attached to it. As far as the boards go, Make sure you are running the latest software. I think we are at 1.4 right now. You may actually have to do a fresh software install If that doesn’t do the trick.

#27648 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Sounds to me like a Bad coil or resistor attached to it. As far as the boards go, Make sure you are running the latest software. I think we are at 1.4 right now. You may actually have to do a fresh software install If that doesn’t do the trick.

Hey dave, im the one you wanted to buy the alien off of intially remember on facebook. This pin doesnt use DIODES on the coils like traditional games do. They are located at the fuse board below. Ive been on this pin since its inception in 2014, so not unfamiliar like many about the software version. 1.2 is the last stable version of the build that dealt with big issues, 1.3 was a bad build and 1.4 just changed some settings, but they do not effect the areas im having issues with. The IO boards will not go to .9 which actually effect the lights. But im sure my issue is elseware.

#27649 3 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

This pin doesnt use DIODES on the coils like traditional games do. They are located at the fuse board below. Ive been on this pin since its inception in 2014, so not unfamiliar like many about the software version. 1.2 is the last stable version of the build that dealt with big issues, 1.3 was a bad build and 1.4 just changed some settings, but they do not effect the areas im having issues with. The IO boards will not go to .9 which actually effect the lights. But im sure my issue is elseware.

Correct Pinbud... (resistors?).....seems I read that someone had a similar problem, turned out to be in the main power board somewhere. Maybe reseating everything and making sure nothing hanging out underneath it ( a screw or something). That's probably where I'd start. I'll poke around a bit....must get this game going...Apron time oh so soon...

#27650 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Correct Pinbud... (resistors?).....seems I read that someone had a similar problem, turned out to be in the main power board somewhere. Maybe reseating everything and making sure nothing hanging out underneath it ( a screw or something). That's probably where I'd start. I'll poke around a bit....must get this game going...Apron time oh so soon...

4hyu8z (resized).jpg4hyu8z (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 553 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/553 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.